PDA

View Full Version : Can FL beat Auburn, LSU, GA, Mizzu or SC

Jack Lambert
08-24-2019, 09:58 PM
It could be a hard year for Mullen.

Todd4State
08-24-2019, 10:00 PM
I think they can beat some of those teams. I don't think they will beat Georgia. But the others are very possible.

BuckyIsAB****
08-24-2019, 10:01 PM
They aint beating a good team with Franks in his current form. They are going to be good on defense and mediocre on offense

Jack Lambert
08-24-2019, 10:02 PM
They aint beating a good team with Franks in his current form. They are going to be good on defense and mediocre on offense

Well they better hope Mullen doesn't have the Holloway up the middle mentality.

msstate7
08-24-2019, 10:04 PM

Franks beat us, lsu, and Michigan last year. He lost to Kentucky and mizzou too though

BuckyIsAB****
08-24-2019, 10:06 PM
Franks beat us, lsu, and Michigan last year. He lost to Kentucky and mizzou too though

He didnt beat us bc of him. He beat us bc we scored 3 points

Barkman Turner Overdrive
08-24-2019, 10:11 PM

They will beat all of those but LSU and UGA, unfortunately.

Liverpooldawg
08-24-2019, 10:15 PM

All of them but UGA are in reach.

msstate7
08-24-2019, 10:16 PM
He didnt beat us bc of him. He beat us bc we scored 3 points

He threw a td, which was more than we scored, 6. I do agree though, he didn't beat us. You said Florida wouldn't beat a good team with franks this year though, and he's already beat good teams

Coach007
08-24-2019, 10:17 PM

Really depends on how they address this next 5 weeks. They will be 5-0 when they play Auburn and this team is not a top 10 team.

They have discipline issues that stems from a bad culture. Which is why so many players have left. Franks needs to gone. I would not want any of our QBs acting like that.

BuckyIsAB****
08-24-2019, 10:17 PM
He threw a td, which was more than we scored, 6. I do agree though, he didn't beat us. You said Florida wouldn't beat a good team with franks this year though, and he's already beat good teams

Hes not any good and you know it. Thats my point

msstate7
08-24-2019, 10:19 PM
Really depends on how they address this next 5 weeks. They will be 5-0 when they play Auburn and this team is not a top 10 team.

They have discipline issues that stems from a bad culture. Which is why so many players have left. Franks needs to gone. I would not want any of our QBs acting like that.

You wouldn't want baker mayfield or manziel?

Barkman Turner Overdrive
08-24-2019, 10:20 PM

No, Franks is not good, but Dan is pretty good at masking a QB’s faults.

Schultzy
08-24-2019, 10:20 PM
Yes
Yes
No
Yes

msstate7
08-24-2019, 10:24 PM

He certainly wasn't good tonight. I think he's better than he played tonight though. Ready to see how he looks in 3 weeks at Kentucky

IMissJack
08-24-2019, 10:26 PM
The best move Mullen ever made was taking Todd Granthem with him to FL. His defense will keep FL in most tough games, and Mullen at FL until he has his guy at QB.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-24-2019, 10:30 PM
1) Y'all are forgetting how unclean game 1's are. We can't see flaws when we play a cupcake, but every year when you watch P5 vs P5 teams opening week they look way worse than their final record shows. Anyone think LSU would be 10-3 and win the Fiesta Bowl after that week 1 win over Miami?

2) SC? Mizzou without a 1st round NFL arm? Auburn with a true Fr QB and Malzahn? These are not teams that scream "We're better than Miami". Also, Franks and 1st year Mullen lost to LSU by 1 point last year so even that isn't an obvious loss.

3) Didn't UF and Miami get a few less practices due to the early start? That doesn't sound like much but it definitely contributes to the sloppiness.

4) Last year Mullen was handicapped by Franks too and yet he won 10 games... UGA, LSU, and Kentucky ain't bad teams to lose too.... certainly don't see Mizzou or SC being as good as Kentucky last year

Dan will go 10-2 this year, losing to LSU and UGA and beating exactly 0 ranked opponents.

msstate7
08-24-2019, 10:32 PM
1) Y'all are forgetting how unclean game 1's are. We can't see flaws when we play a cupcake, but every year when you watch P5 vs P5 teams opening week they look way worse than their final record shows. Anyone think LSU would be 10-3 and win the Fiesta Bowl after that week 1 win over Miami?

2) SC? Mizzou without a 1st round NFL arm? Auburn with a true Fr QB and Malzahn? These are not teams that scream "We're better than Miami". Also, Franks and 1st year Mullen lost to LSU by 1 point last year so even that isn't an obvious loss.

3) Didn't UF and Miami get a few less practices due to the early start? That doesn't sound like much but it definitely contributes to the sloppiness.

4) Last year Mullen was handicapped by Franks too and yet he won 10 games... UGA, LSU, and Kentucky ain't bad teams to lose too.... certainly don't see Mizzou or SC being as good as Kentucky last year

Dan will go 10-2 this year, losing to LSU and UGA and beating exactly 0 ranked opponents.

Florida beat LSU.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-24-2019, 10:37 PM
Florida beat LSU.

idk, LSU has more defensive tallent and a better DC than Miami so I think they keep it low scoring... and I don't trust those UF DBs vs LSU's WRs... I think it'll be close but I give the edge to LSU

msstate7
08-24-2019, 10:38 PM
idk, LSU has more defensive tallent and a better DC than Miami so I think they keep it low scoring... and I don't trust those UF DBs vs LSU's WRs... I think it'll be close but I give the edge to LSU

Florida beat em in 2018. I have no idea who wins this year, probably LSU

MarketingBully
08-24-2019, 10:40 PM

Wasn’t their only TD against us a trick play that Franks didn’t even throw? If I’m not mistaken he didn’t throw that TD. I think Toney did and I believe it was when Abrams had to go out for one play.

Todd4State
08-24-2019, 10:41 PM

Don't tell that to Joe's critics on here.

msstate7
08-24-2019, 10:42 PM
Wasn’t their only TD against us a trick play that Franks didn’t even throw? If I’m not mistaken he didn’t throw that TD. I think Toney did and I believe it was when Abrams had to go out for one play.

That's correct. Good catch

MarketingBully
08-24-2019, 10:44 PM
That's correct. Good catch

I will agree with you there msstate7. Toney is a bad ass. If UF didn’t have Toney last year, their record would have been closer to 7 or 8 wins not 10. He covered up a hell of a lot of flaws on the offensive end for them.

Homedawg
08-24-2019, 11:05 PM
I think they can beat some of those teams. I don't think they will beat Georgia. But the others are very possible.

I'm w this.

Homedawg
08-24-2019, 11:08 PM
Fla defense is good. 10 sacks is legit. No matter how bad Miami offense is. This should have been a 2 td game. With that said, they gotta get a whole lot better to complete w ga. Whole lot.

TUSK
08-24-2019, 11:14 PM
Yes
Yes
No
Yes

Yes.

Dawgcap
08-24-2019, 11:21 PM
Football is back! We have people determining who is good already in Week 0 but yet several will complain about polls before Week 5!!