Fader21
08-24-2019, 08:35 PM
Retiring because he is mentally worn down.... WTF

msstate7
08-24-2019, 08:37 PM
Wow... tua, you will be a colt

dantheman4248
08-24-2019, 08:41 PM
He already got his big money and dealt with some terrible injuries. crazy.

ShotgunDawg
08-24-2019, 08:42 PM
Luck is a bitch. It's that simple

Always beware of drafting super smart, rich kids. They find other interests in life.

It's actually a commonly held theory on why Georgia Tech isn't better in baseball when they recruit just about as well as anyone

msstate7
08-24-2019, 08:42 PM

Smart man as far as I'm concerned. Enjoy the money he's made

BeardoMSU
08-24-2019, 08:47 PM
Chad Kelly is a lucky crooked eyed bitch.

Quaoarsking
08-24-2019, 08:49 PM
Good news for Dak. If the Cowboys won't pay up, there's another team out there who will.

Fader21
08-24-2019, 08:50 PM
I bet he takes a year off and comes back

msstate7
08-24-2019, 08:50 PM
Good news for Dak. If the Cowboys won't pay up, there's another team out there who will.

Not a chance... they'll probably be drafting very high with tua, fromm, and Herbert there

Quaoarsking
08-24-2019, 08:51 PM
Not a chance... they'll probably be drafting very high with tua, fromm, and Herbert there

Unlikely that any of those 3 would give them a better 2020-2023 than Dak would.

I mean, I don't think there's a realistic chance that Dak leaves the Cowboys to go to another team. But just the fact that there's another team out there that needs a QB gives Dak a little more bargaining power. I hope some other QBs retire too.

msstate7
08-24-2019, 08:54 PM
Unlikely that any of those 3 would give them a better 2020-2023 than Dak would.

I mean, I don't think there's a realistic chance that Dak leaves the Cowboys to go to another team. But just the fact that there's another team out there that needs a QB gives Dak a little more bargaining power. I hope some other QBs retire too.
The thing is though a QB on a rookie contract is infinitely more valuable to the team than a highly paid one

Quaoarsking
08-24-2019, 09:00 PM
The thing is though a QB on a rookie contract is infinitely more valuable to the team than a highly paid one

Well if a team wants to prioritize saving money over winning games, that's their prerogative. After all, lots of Super Bowls have been won by QBs making rookie money.**

msstate7
08-24-2019, 09:01 PM
Well if a team wants to prioritize saving money over winning games, that's their prerogative. After all, lots of Super Bowls have been won by QBs making rookie money.**

Which teams have won Super Bowls with QBs on mega contracts?

Lord McBuckethead
08-24-2019, 09:10 PM
I think New England and Denver did it. Manning at Colts made it there too.

msstate7
08-24-2019, 09:13 PM
I think New England and Denver did it. Manning at Colts made it there too.

Well, if you think dak is brees (2009), Manning, or Brady, I guess it makes sense

Todd4State
08-24-2019, 09:15 PM
If I'm Dak I'm either going to New England or New Orleans next year.

I think both Brady and Brees will retire after this year.

dantheman4248
08-24-2019, 09:19 PM
It's another seat to fill. Yea the Colts will go after Fromm & co, but that means someone else won't get one of them. There's 32 starting QB spots and Dak will be one of them.

Quaoarsking
08-24-2019, 09:20 PM
Well, if you think dak is brees (2009), Manning, or Brady, I guess it makes sense

Dak has accomplished more in his first 3 years than Manning or Brees did in their first 3. That doesn't mean he'll have a better career than them, but there is justification to think he can.

Todd4State
08-24-2019, 09:53 PM
Dak has accomplished more in his first 3 years than Manning or Brees did in their first 3. That doesn't mean he'll have a better career than them, but there is justification to think he can.

I will say that the QB stats in this era are going through the roof in the NFL. It's like there are 15 Dan Marino's every year.

IMissJack
08-24-2019, 10:07 PM

Wasn't one of the injuries non-football related?

Coach007
08-24-2019, 10:40 PM
He was boo'd by the fans at the end of the game too.

Say what you want, he did his job and got paid. It's his choice.

Todd4State
08-24-2019, 10:42 PM
He was boo'd by the fans at the end of the game too.

Say what you want, he did his job and got paid. It's his choice.

Yeah. I didn't get that.

Coach007
08-24-2019, 10:45 PM
Yeah. I didn't get that.

Now, I think he could have done it in a better way rather than RIGHT before a season.

Scared_Hitless
08-25-2019, 12:08 AM
This is on the previous GM he had the worst OLine in the league for years. Had so many severe injuries and gave it all he had. If he doesn't want to live his life in pain better to walk away now. Those fans booing were trash its a game.

Matt3467
08-25-2019, 02:00 AM
Smart man as far as I'm concerned. Enjoy the money he's made

Exactly. He's made enough to last a long time. Get out while you're still healthy and your head is on straight. Can't fault him for that.

ScoobaDawg
08-25-2019, 03:12 AM
Now, I think he could have done it in a better way rather than RIGHT before a season.

I believe I read he has a bad high ankle sprain this pre-season. and just didn't want to go through another year of always being injured.

meanwhile.. whoever leaked it is pretty crappy. should have let him have his day tomorrow at the press conference.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-25-2019, 07:27 AM
Colts have a decent team. If Jacoby Brissett stays healthy, I think they win enough games to avoid a top 10 pick in the draft. So they won't have a chance at Tua or Herbert.

MetEdDawg
08-25-2019, 07:39 AM
I don't get how anyone could blame him. These guys take a beating and some of them want to be able to walk correctly and without pain for the rest of their lives. Or maybe be able to have kids and throw them over their shoulders and have fun without insane amounts of pain.

I think more guys will do this once they get their bigger contracts. Gronk said multiple times he would wake up Monday morning and felt like he was in a car wreck. Who wants to live like that? I can't blame Luck one bit.

Cooterpoot
08-25-2019, 07:45 AM
The Colts deserve all the bad luck they get after the way they left Baltimore.

sleepy dawg
08-25-2019, 09:03 AM
I never blame anyone for looking out for themselves. If you won't, who will?

dawgs
08-25-2019, 09:11 AM
I bet he takes a year off and comes back

Was thinking the same thing. Colts medical staff ****ed up handling his shoulder injury, now this ankle think mysteriously pops up and keeps lingering. Retiring let's him get out of his contract, rehab for the year, then sign elsewhere next offseason.

msstate7
08-25-2019, 09:14 AM
Was thinking the same thing. Colts medical staff ****ed up handling his shoulder injury, now this ankle think mysteriously pops up and keeps lingering. Retiring let's him get out of his contract, rehab for the year, then sign elsewhere next offseason.

If a year off does free him of his contract, might be brees' replacement. Luck under Payton would be pretty dang good

dawgs
08-25-2019, 09:16 AM

Are you sarcastically saying that? Cause in the modern CBA, it's true. You got Brady and the pats as their own anomaly, but the played Goff on a rookie deal in the super bowl, Wilson won on his rookie deal, eagles won on wentz's rookie deal (giving them financial flexibility and depth to handle his late season ACL tear), and many of your best teams in the nfl this year are due to QBs on rookie deals (chiefs, cowboys, rams, bears, browns, Texans). Anyone arguing a rookie QB deal isn't important because of Brady and the pats is getting caught up in the exception.

dawgs
08-25-2019, 09:24 AM
I believe I read he has a bad high ankle sprain this pre-season. and just didn't want to go through another year of always being injured.

meanwhile.. whoever leaked it is pretty crappy. should have let him have his day tomorrow at the press conference.

It's was leaked because he wanted it leaked. Don't think anyone necessarily wants a mystery press conference taking a hard left turn right off the bat that shocks the world. Every sports reporter will be there today. If it wasn't leaked, it'd be some beat reporters thinking they were just getting an injury update.