PDA

View Full Version : Intro to chemistry

Madisonmd
08-24-2019, 05:12 PM
My son graduated from MSU about 2 years ago. Today he tells me that it was common knowledge on campus that if you wanted "help" in chemistry you could buy it. Lots of kids were making "good money" (his words) taking the test for others. So, not a new issue, not an athletic issue, just another way to "take the easy way out". Online courses have evolved into an easy way to get credit. Also, I would remind you many coaches have used this means to get kids eligible or keep them eligible. It is what it is! Let's move on and play ball!

Todd4State
08-24-2019, 09:58 PM
My son graduated from MSU about 2 years ago. Today he tells me that it was common knowledge on campus that if you wanted "help" in chemistry you could buy it. Lots of kids were making "good money" (his words) taking the test for others. So, not a new issue, not an athletic issue, just another way to "take the easy way out". Online courses have evolved into an easy way to get credit. Also, I would remind you many coaches have used this means to get kids eligible or keep them eligible. It is what it is! Let's move on and play ball!

It's crazy. Between this and those family members that bought their children into Ivy League schools and USC.

I would just never dream of doing that for fear of getting caught. I got scholarships- had to join the band to get the rest paid in full forever branding me a nerd, got into UMC and got grants and paid my way through there. And then in the classroom I made President's list every semester and made the Dean's list at UMC all without cheating or any help beyond the rules. "Help" as in going to the teachers to clarify things and studying with my classmates.

I think I would feel like I cheated myself if I had my parents get me into MSU and then cheated my way through there.

Jack Lambert
08-24-2019, 10:04 PM
Poor Dontae Jones had to do it the hard way.

Jack Lambert
08-24-2019, 10:05 PM
I cheated the ole fashion way. Notes on my arm and hand.