PDA

View Full Version : This board

CadaverDawg
08-24-2019, 03:23 PM
Is unreadable at the moment. We're a week from game 1 and this board reads like the comments section of a Trump tweet. Hopefully football arriving will end the shit show this place has been lately.

Please get here soon, Game 1, because right now....

https://media2.giphy.com/media/jPD0bIDQqPcHu/giphy.gif

Commercecomet24
08-24-2019, 03:24 PM
Is unreadable at the moment. We're a week from game 1 and this board reads like the comments section of a Trump tweet. Hopefully football arriving will end the shit show this place has been lately.

Rep given CD!

timotheus
08-24-2019, 03:34 PM
Amen to that. too many weak minded on here.

Todd4State
08-24-2019, 03:35 PM
Thank you!

Rick Danko
08-24-2019, 03:36 PM
Preach man. GD we have some soft minded fans.

civildawg
08-24-2019, 03:38 PM
Coach007 has ruined this board in my opinion

Todd4State
08-24-2019, 03:43 PM

To me it's all the people calling out people and calling them dumb for having an opinion that we may be good this year.

It's Ok to disagree- but making it sound like our team has never played a down of football before and is going 6-6 at best is equally as wrong as someone saying that we will go 12-0.

Coach007
08-24-2019, 03:52 PM

LMAO! So it's not the ones throwing our team and the coaching over board.

LOVE IT!!

BeardoMSU
08-24-2019, 04:16 PM
To me it's all the people calling out people and calling them dumb for having an opinion that we may be good this year.

It's Ok to disagree- but making it sound like our team has never played a down of football before and is going 6-6 at best is equally as wrong as someone saying that we will go 12-0.

Very true.

msstate7
08-24-2019, 04:18 PM

You think 12-0 and 6-6 are just as likely? Wow

I_Spy
08-24-2019, 04:22 PM
Let me tell you my story. Without coach or direction, I was the best fast pitch catcher ..no lie. I chose not to do college if I couldn't do California Arizona softball. I ran track and played basketball ..i would be sought after by my high school basketball coach, track coach to come play but it was because he doubted me when I won the Mrs camp one on one...that made me me never listen to him again.

I_Spy
08-24-2019, 04:24 PM
MRA camp Duese was his name. I would go to delta state as a 7th grader beat everyone there.

DancingRabbit
08-24-2019, 04:25 PM

Ha, you jumped on that one fast - 2 minutes.

But yeah, you might want to compare 6-6 vs 10-2/9-3

dantheman4248
08-24-2019, 04:25 PM
Let me tell you my story. Without coach or direction, I was the best fast pitch catcher ..no lie. I chose not to do college if I couldn't do California Arizona softball. I ran track and played basketball ..i would be sought after by my high school basketball coach, track coach to come play but it was because he doubted me when I won the Mrs camp one on one...that made me me never listen to him again.

Can’t believe i’m doing this but where is the mute user function? On principle I don’t mute people but this guy is just straight off topic spam.

I_Spy
08-24-2019, 04:26 PM
I won the 800in track easily but Duese was his name. He said wools on your team that won't last. And we're undefeated. My personality didn't work with him. Truth.

I_Spy
08-24-2019, 04:27 PM
As a 7thgrader first-year of basketball I've beat everyone at delta state..9th graders state champions

CadaverDawg
08-24-2019, 04:30 PM
I_Spy won't be commenting anymore. Sick of reading that garbage

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-24-2019, 04:30 PM
Seriously why is I_Spy not banned? I've never seen a single poster that's as obvious of a troll as him

dantheman4248
08-24-2019, 04:31 PM

Best post this board has had in at least a week.

defiantdog
08-24-2019, 04:39 PM

Thank you! That should have been resolved 5 topics ago.

yjnkdawg
08-24-2019, 04:47 PM

Hopefully it will, CD , but there seems be more negativie posting about our football program than there has ever been on this board. JMO .........Thanks for banning that weirdo troll too.

Todd4State
08-24-2019, 04:50 PM

This is an example of what I am talking about.

Nowhere did I say that. At all. Not even close.

But you're going to try to twist that into it. And then back up your argument with but we were last in the nation in points scored against Alabama on the road so we suck.

My point is saying that we are going to be really bad is just as wrong as saying that we're going to be really good. The problem is people like you that think we're going to be bad all out attack the people that think we're going to be really good- which also is equally as wrong as saying that we're going to be really bad.

Thank you for proving my point as you obviously just couldn't help yourself.

msbulldog
08-24-2019, 04:51 PM

Thank you Cdawg! +1

Commercecomet24
08-24-2019, 04:51 PM

Thank you! That idiot was ruining every thread!

Todd4State
08-24-2019, 04:53 PM

Seriously why is I_Spy not banned? I've never seen a single poster that's as obvious of a troll as him

That guy went completely off the rails the past two days. I've definitely been guilty off doing the same myself- but I'm just glad it didn't linger.

yjnkdawg
08-24-2019, 04:57 PM
This is an example of what I am talking about.

Nowhere did I say that. At all. Not even close.

But you're going to try to twist that into it. And then back up your argument with but we were last in the nation in points scored against Alabama on the road so we suck.

My point is saying that we are going to be really bad is just as wrong as saying that we're going to be really good. The problem is people like you that think we're going to be bad all out attack the people that think we're going to be really good- which also is equally as wrong as saying that we're going to be really bad.

Thank you for proving my point as you obviously just couldn't help yourself.

He's trolling you, Todd. That's his game.

Dawgtini
08-24-2019, 05:02 PM
this board reads like the comments section of a Trump tweet

lol +2 so true and just as nauseating

Todd4State
08-24-2019, 05:11 PM
He's trolling you, Todd. That's his game.

No doubt. I found it funny that he just couldn't help himself.

stungeon
08-24-2019, 05:34 PM

Thank you. I don't post much but I read all the time. That was frustrating.

starkvegasdawg
08-24-2019, 06:01 PM

You think it's bad now? Let our first game be close end of the first quarter and check out the game thread.

Travelingdawg
08-24-2019, 06:02 PM
Here Here 👆

Dawgology
08-24-2019, 06:29 PM

I always just figured he was on cocaine

Lord McBuckethead
08-24-2019, 06:39 PM
Game threads are game threads. Troubling is the attitude a week before kick off.

Jack Lambert
08-24-2019, 06:53 PM

And the poster who started this thread has been as negative as any.

magrooder
08-24-2019, 07:16 PM
Rep given.

AROB44
08-24-2019, 07:16 PM
And the poster who started this thread has been as negative as any.

Yep....

Dawgology
08-24-2019, 07:23 PM
I think the NCAA probation, win vacating, and 10 player suspension just has some fans in a bad mood for some reason...**

swdawg
08-24-2019, 10:15 PM
Thank you

TaleofTwoDogs
08-24-2019, 11:00 PM

Earlier today I was about to write a long post about the lack of civility on this board and how some posters act like asshats whenever they disagree with another poster's comments. But I figured it would be a waste of my time. This board was started to counter the sunshine of Gene's page and opposing views should always be welcome if that are even remotely intelligent. Glad to see CD and others feel the same way. And thank god we are only a week away.

MarketingBully
08-25-2019, 01:12 AM
Woot Cadaver! With one swift stroke you made the board semi readable. I_Spy was the worst kind of troll spouting off unreadable nonsense. The other annoying post was someone saying we could lose to ULL. When he’s ban bet for 8 weeks it will make it even more readable at least. I just hope C34 doesn’t try to do what he did to Stans to Moorhead. That will really make this board unreadable.

MarketingBully
08-25-2019, 01:15 AM
Earlier today I was about to write a long post about the lack of civility on this board and how some posters act like asshats whenever they disagree with another poster's comments. But I figured it would be a waste of my time. This board was started to counter the sunshine of Gene's page and opposing views should always be welcome if that are even remotely intelligent. Glad to see CD and others feel the same way. And thank god we are only a week away.

No this board was started because of the coddling of the Rebel posters on Sixpack or that’s what I thought....

Coach34
08-25-2019, 01:25 AM
I just hope C34 doesn’t try to do what he did to Stans to Moorhead. That will really make this board unreadable.

LOL- what did I DO to Stands? The guy lost control of the program and the drug culture we had was ridiculous.

JoVester needs to step up. He underwhelmed last year. Thats not even debatable. But he and his staff is recruiting hard and bringing in talent. He is an offensive genius and has his QB so all is well. We good.

Coach34
08-25-2019, 01:26 AM
No this board was started because of the coddling of the Rebel posters on Sixpack or that’s what I thought....

this the correct answer

MarketingBully
08-25-2019, 01:35 AM
LOL- what did I DO to Stands? The guy lost control of the program and the drug culture we had was ridiculous.

JoVester needs to step up. He underwhelmed last year. Thats not even debatable. But he and his staff is recruiting hard and bringing in talent. He is an offensive genius and has his QB so all is well. We good.

If he goes 8-4 this year, will you please drop that ridiculous nickname?

gravedigger
08-25-2019, 07:28 AM

per
I think they are referring to just repeating the same complaints over and over. And typing that makes me realize I'm guilty too. We probably all could learn to stop spamming the board with the same stuff. And I realize you were responding to repeated call out posts just like this one.

What the board really did when it started was discuss game strategy and laid off player and coach personal attacks. But there are just too many that crave attention around here that know very little about how a football program works or how a college administrates.

Its the nature of the beast, I suppose.

I seen it dawg
08-25-2019, 09:57 AM
I guess my post from a week or so ago has already been flushed down the toilet....the banhammer is getting loose in the pen clicks and post counts be damned. I get too many ****ing emails about reported posts and I'm tired of it filling up my inbox.

RezDog7
08-25-2019, 12:03 PM

That didn't take long. Bringing negativity to every thread.

QuadrupleOption
08-25-2019, 01:07 PM

Bruh. Come on. Anyone who's been around MSU message boards for longer than 2 years knows that you spent the better part of the early-to-late 2000's downplaying Stans every chance you got. You did the same thing to Mullen, and you're doing the same thing to Moorhead. It's what you do.

I mean, I know you claim to love MSU but sometimes you are a worse detriment to our programs than a lot of those nutjob UM assholes could ever hope to be.

dantheman4248
08-25-2019, 01:27 PM

Ya know. I was curious about this so I decided to run some numbers myself. (Now obviously there will be some homerism involved in these numbers, so going ahead and putting that disclaimer.)

Anyways. I decided to give us a win % for each game. I can calculate it for others if someone wants it, but with mine it was quite interesting to see that 12 wins just barely beat out 6 wins.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EC1dt98XoAIx9F1?format=jpg&name=small

msstate7
08-25-2019, 01:42 PM
Ya know. I was curious about this so I decided to run some numbers myself. (Now obviously there will be some homerism involved in these numbers, so going ahead and putting that disclaimer.)

Anyways. I decided to give us a win % for each game. I can calculate it for others if someone wants it, but with mine it was quite interesting to see that 12 wins just barely beat out 6 wins.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EC1dt98XoAIx9F1?format=jpg&name=small

Re-run with impartial data, espn FPI. Here's what they have...
1. 93.7
2. 91.5
3. 88.4
4. 72.6
5. 33.3
6. 47.2
7. 34.7
8. 34.4
9. 78.0
10. 22.2
11. 99.5
12. 74.8

dantheman4248
08-25-2019, 02:06 PM
Re-run with impartial data, espn FPI. Here's what they have...
1. 93.7
2. 91.5
3. 88.4
4. 72.6
5. 33.3
6. 47.2
7. 34.7
8. 34.4
9. 78.0
10. 22.2
11. 99.5
12. 74.8

Lol at some of those numbers. They even give us more of a chance vs. Bama than I did. (Arkansas being 78%, OM being 75%, Tennessee being 47%!!!!) I wonder if that model accounts for Tommy being named the starting QB. I have to feel like that is where it's hurting us.

but anyways

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EC1mAyOXYAICmDg?format=jpg&name=small

Much more in line with what you said. The real answer is probably somewhere in the middle of those two. The overall SEC Bias that FPI has actually hurts us imo.

ETA: If you gave me 1:14 odds that we'd beat ULL or 1:11 odds against USM I'd take that and run all day. 1:3 odds on Arky and OM is free money. 1:1 on Tennessee... lmao.

msstate7
08-25-2019, 02:08 PM
Lol at some of those numbers. They even give us more of a chance vs. Bama than I did. (Arkansas being 78%, OM being 75%, Tennessee being 47%!!!!) I wonder if that model accounts for Tommy being named the starting QB. I have to feel like that is where it's hurting us.

but anyways

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EC1mAyOXYAICmDg?format=jpg&name=small

Much more in line with what you said. The real answer is probably somewhere in the middle of those two. The overall SEC Bias that FPI has actually hurts us imo.

If there were a bump for Stevens, it would be a knock for gay and Autry missing significant time

dantheman4248
08-25-2019, 02:19 PM
If there were a bump for Stevens, it would be a knock for gay and Autry missing significant time

I mean a QB in the 4th year of a system over a guy in his second year is a much bigger bump than a backup LB and a rotational starter at DT. I really think the issue is that the bottom end of the SEC is weighted too heavily there.

How much money would you put on MSU +110 @ Tenn? MSU -350 @ Ark? I guess the disconnect I have with it is that I see 7 games as 90%+ win for us this season.

msstate7
08-25-2019, 02:23 PM
I mean a QB in the 4th year of a system over a guy in his second year is a much bigger bump than a backup LB and a rotational starter at DT. I really think the issue is that the bottom end of the SEC is weighted too heavily there.

How much money would you put on MSU +110 @ Tenn? MSU -350 @ Ark? I guess the disconnect I have with it is that I see 7 games as 90%+ win for us this season.

Tenn and us are mysteries at the moment. I wouldn't bet on either right now unless someone gave me either team with 10 points.

ETA... here's Willie gay's stats from last season:
Tackles - 48
Sacks - 5.0
TFL - 5.5
Int - 2

He's arguably our most talented defender. I think you're slighting him with your description.

Willie had 7 more tackles last year than Stevens has career passes in 3 years

dantheman4248
08-25-2019, 03:02 PM
Tenn and us are mysteries at the moment. I wouldn't bet on either right now unless someone gave me either team with 10 points.

ETA... here's Willie gay's stats from last season:
Tackles - 48
Sacks - 5.0
TFL - 5.5
Int - 2

He's arguably our most talented defender. I think you're slighting him with your description.

Willie had 7 more tackles last year than Stevens has career passes in 3 years

We also do get Willie for 4 games of our choosing. You have to account that. So say you were given 4 games from last year to keep the same production and the bowl game (I chose Bama, A&M, LSU, Auburn for this since those are our 4 toughest)

So stats we'd lose from Willie:

Tackles - 24, Sacks - 2.5, TFL - 3.0, INT - 0

And then if you shrink down even further to remove games where we won by 30+ pts last year:

Tackles - 6, TFL - 0.5, PD - 1

So basically in games that matter that he has to sit out you lose 2 tackles per game. (Now I will say that is given that ULL, FCS School, Ark, OM, LaTech --> USM play out to where he isn't needed to swing those games)

Now of course there are things the stat sheet can't account for. But against Tenn, UK, and KSU I don't think the missing production we lose from him compares to the added production that Stevens brings.

DownwardDawg
08-25-2019, 04:28 PM

He has made this board much better to read for me.
Keep it up 007!!

MarketingBully
08-25-2019, 05:00 PM
We also do get Willie for 4 games of our choosing. You have to account that. So say you were given 4 games from last year to keep the same production and the bowl game (I chose Bama, A&M, LSU, Auburn for this since those are our 4 toughest)

So stats we'd lose from Willie:

Tackles - 24, Sacks - 2.5, TFL - 3.0, INT - 0

And then if you shrink down even further to remove games where we won by 30+ pts last year:

Tackles - 6, TFL - 0.5, PD - 1

So basically in games that matter that he has to sit out you lose 2 tackles per game. (Now I will say that is given that ULL, FCS School, Ark, OM, LaTech --> USM play out to where he isn't needed to swing those games)

Now of course there are things the stat sheet can't account for. But against Tenn, UK, and KSU I don't think the missing production we lose from him compares to the added production that Stevens brings.

This is actually a great breakdown. Thanks for including. A QB is almost always the one player that could change your fortunes on any level of football. I think our offense should definitely pick up our defense this year.

I seen it dawg
08-25-2019, 06:34 PM
This has become a productive thread. Kudos to the insight