PDA

View Full Version : Some Lemonade from This Lemon

Hambone
08-23-2019, 07:39 PM
At least we will have a lot of under class men that will get a good bit of experience this year.

Schrader will be the number two and so what if he doesn?t redshirt. That could be good for us going into next year.

I?m not throwing this year away, I still think we will be fine and should win 8 games.

DownwardDawg
08-23-2019, 08:09 PM
I don’t think Shrader redshirts now. I think he will be number 2 and he’ll be a 3 year starter after this season.

Bothrops
08-23-2019, 08:11 PM
Shrader will probably start at least one game when T Gunn needs to heal.

bluelightstar
08-23-2019, 08:12 PM
It's only lemonade if the kid actually pans out

Quaoarsking
08-23-2019, 08:25 PM
I would still try to redshirt him if possible, but not sweat it if it doesn't work out. The walk-ons can share mop-up duty with him.

R2Dawg
08-23-2019, 08:47 PM
Agree, he needs to redshirt. He still gets to play in 4 games. I'd make them count as far as plays run. I don't see a lot of PT opportunity unless TS gets hurt which can't happen for any kind of season.

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2019, 08:52 PM
I don’t think Shrader redshirts now. I think he will be number 2 and he’ll be a 3 year starter after this season.

If he's gonna start next year then you play his ass this year. He'll be a 3 year starter anyway.

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2019, 08:54 PM
Agree, he needs to redshirt. He still gets to play in 4 games. I'd make them count as far as plays run. I don't see a lot of PT opportunity unless TS gets hurt which can't happen for any kind of season.

If he's going to start next year, then play him. You don't see college QBs really start for more than 3 years anyway.

Plus by playing him, you get the QB classes back on schedule which helps you recruit

Cowbell
08-23-2019, 09:03 PM
If he's going to start next year, then play him. You don't see college QBs really start for more than 3 years anyway.

Plus by playing him, you get the QB classes back on schedule which helps you recruit

Agreed!! I get letting kids develop but this guy is going to be lining up as a starter against the best defenses in the land next year. He needs to be ready.

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2019, 09:06 PM
Agreed!! I get letting kids develop but this guy is going to be lining up as a starter against the best defenses in the land next year. He needs to be ready.

Agree. IF... Joe thinks he can win the job next year, then you play him and play him as often as possible.

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2019, 09:07 PM

Agree. IF... Joe thinks he can win the job next year, then you play him and play him as often as possible.