PDA

View Full Version : So which games will we vacate?

Quaoarsking
08-23-2019, 06:30 PM
Am I correct that the NCAA will say that any player was immediately ineligible on the first instance of cheating, so they (or we?) will determine the first date each player cheated, and any games played in by a player after the cheating began will be vacated?

Had this started by September 2018? Is the 2018 season going to end up 0-5? Or did this start late enough to save the 2018 season?

I'm assuming most of this past year's basketball wins are gone, up until the point NW's suspension started?

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2019, 06:32 PM
Depends on when they can trace it back to. The players weren't ineligible until then

Apparently the discovery happened when Spoon was on the court warming up vs Arkansas & submitted a test.

However, the investigation probably uncovered that it started before then.

Mobile Bay
08-24-2019, 09:20 AM
Per the letter from the NCAA, multiple players played all 13 games last year after they started cheating. So we vacate the entire last season.

ShotgunDawg
08-24-2019, 09:49 AM
Per the letter from the NCAA, multiple players played all 13 games last year after they started cheating. So we vacate the entire last season.

But did they start cheating the first week of school when the first game was?

Dawgology
08-24-2019, 10:07 AM
I’ll be sooooooooo upset about vacating last season....

I want to vacate my bowels every time I think about last season.

LC Dawg
08-24-2019, 11:21 AM
Nick S got busted in the spring so basketball should keep any wins before the spring semester started. I guess at least some of the football players took the class in the fall. It depends on which players took the class in the fall and the games they played in. Hopefully Gay didn't take the class his freshman year.

ShotgunDawg
08-24-2019, 11:29 AM
Nick S got busted in the spring so basketball should keep any wins before the spring semester started. I guess at least some of the football players took the class in the fall. It depends on which players took the class in the fall and the games they played in. Hopefully Gay didn't take the class his freshman year.

It was discovered in the Spring, but the investigation should have discovered when it started. I would think the vacated wins would begin when the cheating began. I have no clue when that was though.

DancingRabbit
08-24-2019, 11:46 AM
All football games and all MBB games that Nick played in.

According to the NCAA document (page 4), we had multiple football FB players who played in 13 games "post-violation" and one MBB player who played in 24 games post-violation.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/infractions/decisions/Aug2019INF_MississippiStateNRPUBLICAgreement.pdf