PDA

View Full Version : We may start the season 0-1 next Saturday

bulldawg28
08-23-2019, 05:37 PM
If coach Joe doesn't get it together quickly we could have a rough year starting with the game next Saturday. The recipe for an upset is brewing. The topics of suspensions, Qb transfer(s), no team leaders established, and the inexperienced coach will be discussed all week. A lot to be concerned about.

MarketingBully
08-23-2019, 05:38 PM
Just shut up.

bobcat91
08-23-2019, 05:39 PM
Uh, no. We will hag half a hundred on that bunch

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2019, 05:39 PM
If coach Joe doesn't get it together quickly we could have a rough year starting with the game next Saturday. The recipe for an upset is brewing. The topics of suspensions, Qb transfer(s), no team leaders established, and the inexperienced coach will be discussed all week. A lot to be concerned about.

This would even be over-reactionary to me.

Nothing on the field has been effected today except for Willie Gay & Lee Autry missing 8 games. That's it, that's all

dantheman4248
08-23-2019, 05:40 PM
There it is. Been waiting on this stupid comment to pop up.

We share more than just maroon with the Aggies. Seems like so many of our fans have BAS worse than any A&M people I know.

bluelightstar
08-23-2019, 05:41 PM
This won't happen at all -- but if it does, this coaching tenure is basically over.

yjnkdawg
08-23-2019, 05:44 PM

Stay away from the edge of that cliff that you are thinking about jumping off of, it could be hazardous to your health.

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2019, 05:45 PM
A few things:

1. I actually like the timing of these things. Friday afternoon & over a week before the first game. Players have all weekend to digest, put behind them, & move on.

2. Rosebowl emphasized on the Boneyard today how the players & team have known about this for a long time & have actually rallied around it. This isn't new to them.

chef dixon
08-23-2019, 05:50 PM
No one thought we would lose to South Alabama a couple years back. Not saying I agree but shit happens

vv83
08-23-2019, 05:50 PM
https://youtu.be/gRYZijLZR-Q

First 7 seconds of this video please

yjnkdawg
08-23-2019, 05:55 PM
A few things:

1. I actually like the timing of these things. Friday afternoon & over a week before the first game. Players have all weekend to digest, put behind them, & move on.

2. Rosebowl emphasized on the Boneyard today how the players & team have known about this for a long time & have actually rallied around it. This isn't new to them.

I had said, in a thread earlier this week, if we issued a statement that I thought it would probably be this Friday (today). I just thought it would be issued after the close of business other than earlier in the day. Issuing a statement next week would be too close to our actual game. ESPN scrolling it at the bottom of the screen during our game would be a possibility. I agree. There is not a good time to release something like that, but today seemed to be the best option.

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2019, 05:55 PM
No one thought we would lose to South Alabama a couple years back. Not saying I agree but shit happens

We lost to South Al because our coach couldn't decide on a QB. That's all

Regardless of whether he decided on Fitz or Williams in that game, if he just would've decided on one & gone with them, we win that game by two scores.

Joe made sure that didn't happen here

yjnkdawg
08-23-2019, 06:01 PM

Regardless of whether he decided on Fitz or Williams in that game, if he just would've decided on one & gone with them, we win that game by two scores.

Yep, that one was strictly on DM. The named starting quarterback should been decided at least the week of the game.

Coach34
08-23-2019, 06:04 PM

ULL returns a bunch of starters from one of the best rushing offenses in the country last year. And we are weak at DT. Now we should score 45 or so- but dont be surprisedd if ULL throws 28 or so on us

Turfdawg67
08-23-2019, 06:06 PM

Ban me, I could give a shit but ^^^ this dude is a douchebag.

Dawgology
08-23-2019, 06:06 PM

Wow...take a breath and a break. It’ll be ok

Jarius
08-23-2019, 06:07 PM

Lord have mercy our fans suck ass

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2019, 06:07 PM
ULL returns a bunch of starters from one of the best rushing offenses in the country last year. And we are weak at DT. Now we should score 45 or so- but dont be surprisedd if ULL throws 28 or so on us

Need some good news with Love being declared eligible

I think our secondary is too good for ULL to score that many though. They may shorten the game by running for more yards than we hope for, but I can't imagine our secondary lets them score 28 points

Plus, this is Bob Shoop coached defense. Schematically we'll be really good.

Turfdawg67
08-23-2019, 06:08 PM

Hahahaha! And so is this one.

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2019, 06:09 PM
To add, our staff not going & getting a JUCO DT may be one of the biggest recruiting/roster building blunders in recent memory. Especially when they used a scholarship on an ineligible punter

dantheman4248
08-23-2019, 06:13 PM

The played a Sun Belt schedule. 26 carries from 65 yards against an SEC defense. (Idgaf what they did in the 4th quarter down 56 points to Bama) They may have had one of the best rushing offenses in the Sun Belt, possibly G5, but to say entire country shows your absolute ignorance.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-23-2019, 06:14 PM

"no team leaders"? Kylin is in his 3rd year here and Gibson is a Sr at RB, several multi year starting OL returning, a 4th year starting TE, a 3rd year starting WR (Thomas), plural 5th year Sr's at DE, multiple plural year starting LBs returning, several older guys in the secondary... I guess to you "no team leaders" = "the QB is new to the team", because that's the ONLY context in which we're lacking proven experience from older guys aside from DT.

Suspensions have been known about among the team for a while, they won't be distracted. Heck, the guys who are filling in are probably happy about it since they get more PT.

Maybe I'm an idiot but I've seen no signs the team will be distracted by KT leaving... I'm sure he had friends but I can't see that guy having a cult following that'll be heartbroken they won't have KT on the bench. KT leaving only matters if Stevens gets hurt.

Moorhead may be inexperienced but coaches learn half of all they ever will in their first year. I assure you he's no where near as green as he was last year.

Our literal 2nd string could beat ULL. If we're at risk of losing to them over this then the season was over anyway

ATTILLA THE DOG
08-23-2019, 06:18 PM
To add, our staff not going & getting a JUCO DT may be one of the biggest recruiting/roster building blunders in recent memory. Especially when they used a scholarship on an ineligible punter

And Kareem walker

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2019, 06:24 PM
And Kareem walker

Yeah, him as well.

An 86 rated DT that can eat some space & handle some snaps would be really beneficial right now

Dawgtini
08-23-2019, 06:33 PM

Best course of action is to start drinking now. A liter of hard spirits a day should have you ready ready by game time.

Cooterpoot
08-23-2019, 06:38 PM
More trolling. It?s a damn troll fest on here.

Covercorner2
08-23-2019, 06:43 PM
None of this shit affects our offense and ability to score points...

KOdawg1
08-23-2019, 06:45 PM
None of this shit affects our offense and ability to score points...

Our offense being better than expected would help things a lot.

Maroonthirteen
08-23-2019, 06:46 PM
Meh, we will beat ULL.

However week 2....... we better have our $*** together.

KOdawg1
08-23-2019, 06:50 PM
Meh, we will beat ULL.

However week 2....... we better have our $*** together.

We'll beat the shit out of them too.

Covercorner2
08-23-2019, 06:50 PM
Our offense being better than expected would help things a lot.

It should be better, but what I?m saying is from all indications no offensive guys with any impact are suspended. ULL would have to probably drop 40+ on us to lose. That?s not happening. We will probably win like 45-24 or something.

Covercorner2
08-23-2019, 06:52 PM
It should be better, but what I?m saying is from all indications no offensive guys with any impact are suspended. ULL would have to probably drop 40+ on us to lose. That?s not happening. We will probably win like 45-24 or something.

?Rally ?round the family,? am I right?

Coach007
08-23-2019, 07:09 PM

NICE TROLL!!!! I like it!

Coach007
08-23-2019, 07:11 PM
This won't happen at all -- but if it does, this coaching tenure is basically over.

NOPE! He did not create the situation with the offense... nor the defense. That's the recruiting mess up by Mullen

Lord McBuckethead
08-23-2019, 07:38 PM

Your right and wrong at the same time.

Lord McBuckethead
08-23-2019, 07:39 PM
You do understand that we out class them in every way. If we do 70% of what we are capable of we win by 21.

bulldawg28
08-23-2019, 08:26 PM
Ban me, I could give a shit but ^^^ this dude is a douchebag.

Do you think I care what you think?

bulldawg28
08-23-2019, 08:29 PM
"no team leaders"? Kylin is in his 3rd year here and Gibson is a Sr at RB, several multi year starting OL returning, a 4th year starting TE, a 3rd year starting WR (Thomas), plural 5th year Sr's at DE, multiple plural year starting LBs returning, several older guys in the secondary... I guess to you "no team leaders" = "the QB is new to the team", because that's the ONLY context in which we're lacking proven experience from older guys aside from DT.

Suspensions have been known about among the team for a while, they won't be distracted. Heck, the guys who are filling in are probably happy about it since they get more PT.

Maybe I'm an idiot but I've seen no signs the team will be distracted by KT leaving... I'm sure he had friends but I can't see that guy having a cult following that'll be heartbroken they won't have KT on the bench. KT leaving only matters if Stevens gets hurt.

Moorhead may be inexperienced but coaches learn half of all they ever will in their first year. I assure you he's no where near as green as he was last year.

Our literal 2nd string could beat ULL. If we're at risk of losing to them over this then the season was over anyway

Hill is not the leader of this team. And yes we should win but we also have a Qb that's never started a game and it's on the road. Our Qb may freeze up. Hell we know Jomo will.

dantheman4248
08-23-2019, 08:32 PM
Hill is not the leader of this team. And yes we should win but we also have a Qb that's never started a game and it's on the road. Our Qb may freeze up. Hell we know Jomo will.

We beat this team 56-10 last year without a QB starting.

Stop it. Get some help.

Todd4State
08-23-2019, 08:34 PM
We also could start out 1-0.

R2Dawg
08-23-2019, 08:43 PM

It was even worse than he didn't choose a QB, he chose one then only gave him a few plays and yanked him. In the end, he chose the wrong QB. All DM in that game.

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2019, 08:51 PM
It was even worse than he didn't choose a QB, he chose one then only gave him a few plays and yanked him. In the end, he chose the wrong QB. All DM in that game.

Agree. With QB competitions, I'm convinced it's better to go 100% with the wrong guy than to be indecisive between 2. Just pick one and go.

Jack Lambert
08-23-2019, 09:49 PM
They have know about this all summer. They have a plan. I swear we got way to many Bears posing as State fans on this board.

Commercecomet24
08-23-2019, 10:04 PM
A few things:

Yeah this story ain't new to the players and coaches they've known about it for quite some time. It can make a team stronger us against the world kind of thing. We'll know soon enough but I think we'll be ok

Pollodawg
08-23-2019, 10:05 PM

Bro......Really.....
You?re better than this.

BulldogDX55
08-23-2019, 10:05 PM

So you think we're 46 points worse than last year? **** off.

Bama_Dawg
08-23-2019, 10:10 PM
***The sky is falling!!!!

Geez, we'll be fine.

Grab a hurricane and hand grenade in the French Quarter and relax and enjoy having football back.

bulldawg28
08-23-2019, 10:20 PM
Bro......Really.....
You?re better than this.

We'll beat them off sheer talent but im concerned about this situation. We don't have a good situation going

bulldawg28
08-23-2019, 10:25 PM
So you think we're 46 points worse than last year? **** off.

We had a 5th year senior Qb with game experience and the #1 defense in the country. We also had no distractions.
**** On

Bothrops
08-23-2019, 10:48 PM

I agree that the mental aspect of our team may be affected, but ULL is not what they used to be and we should score 42-55 points on them. If we give up more than 10, I'll be concerned though.

Jack Lambert
08-23-2019, 10:52 PM
I agree that the mental aspect of our team may be affected, but ULL is not what they used to be and we should score 42-55 points on them. If we give up more than 10, I'll be concerned though.

The players knew this was coming. Plus they don't think of things like older people do.

defiantdog
08-24-2019, 12:17 AM
I guess Pickering isn’t redshirting now.

Todd4State
08-24-2019, 12:33 AM
We had a 5th year senior Qb with game experience and the #1 defense in the country. We also had no distractions.
**** On

You don't think Fitzgerald being suspended in the first game was a distraction?

Todd4State
08-24-2019, 12:34 AM

Probably wasn't anyway. Hopefully he will be productive in the rotation even though most people I have talked to have all said that he's not ready.

Bothrops
08-24-2019, 12:38 AM

I would seriously doubt it, especially if we don't get Love eligible this season. The ncaa would probably like to **** us on that deal now.

BuckyIsAB****
08-24-2019, 04:54 AM
Brandon 27 Starkville 21 with a side of extra salt for that foot

MarketingBully
08-24-2019, 05:57 AM
**** On

A QB who had no idea how to run this offense when we played them last year. Really just STFU. You are really doubling and tripling down on the worst thread that was started yesterday. This post puts you worse then I_Spy and that’s pretty damn low.

msstate7
08-24-2019, 06:59 AM
Not in danger of losing IMO. The line has dropped from 22.5 Thursday to 20.5/20 right now though. Pretty big swing with the word of suspensions

msbulldog
08-24-2019, 07:31 AM
Need some good news with Love being declared eligible

I think our secondary is too good for ULL to score that many though. They may shorten the game by running for more yards than we hope for, but I can't imagine our secondary lets them score 28 points

Plus, this is Bob Shoop coached defense. Schematically we'll be really good.

Great post Gun, that's the Gun I like to see! +1

Cowbell
08-24-2019, 08:36 AM
We'll beat them off sheer talent but im concerned about this situation. We don't have a good situation going

The biggest issues we have right now is fans like you freaking out. You are giving black bears click bait.

MrKotter
08-24-2019, 08:42 AM

You can?t be serious? If so, you take to heart way to much what certain idiots post here. Have you not noticed the idiots here propping themselves up as football gurus don?t know a damn thing?

bulldawg28
08-24-2019, 09:05 AM

Congrats to Brandon they won 1 game.

bulldawg28
08-24-2019, 09:11 AM
A QB who had no idea how to run this offense when we played them last year. Really just STFU. You are really doubling and tripling down on the worst thread that was started yesterday. This post puts you worse then I_Spy and that?s pretty damn low.

He has practice experience. I'm willing to bet you he doesn't match Nick's stats from the game against them last year. It should be an easy bet being he knows the offense and all. I'll bet you or anybody else that's so confident in Tommy.

bulldawg28
08-24-2019, 09:19 AM
You can?t be serious? If so, you take to heart way to much what certain idiots post here. Have you not noticed the idiots here propping themselves up as football gurus don?t know a damn thing?

Bet me

bulldawg28
08-24-2019, 09:20 AM
The biggest issues we have right now is fans like you freaking out. You are giving black bears click bait.

They'll be here regardless.

MarketingBully
08-24-2019, 01:43 PM
He has practice experience. I'm willing to bet you he doesn't match Nick's stats from the game against them last year. It should be an easy bet being he knows the offense and all. I'll bet you or anybody else that's so confident in Tommy.

He will have more passing yards then 243 but I don’t know about 100 rushing yards because we will utilize Hill more but I definitely bet he will have more passing.

MarketingBully
08-24-2019, 01:54 PM

Tommy will have 275+ passing 3 TDs min and 50+ rushing 1 or 2 TDs min anything less then that I will bam myself from posting for a week. Anything more then that you will be banned from posting for a week. Nick having 4 rushing TDs in this game is a joke. He kept it every time at the GL no matter if it was a good read or not. The player who will benefit the most in this offense with Fitz gone is Kylin Hill. He will have 150+ yards rushing and 3-4 TDs easy.

msstate7
08-24-2019, 01:58 PM
Tommy will have 275+ passing 3 TDs min and 50+ rushing 1 or 2 TDs min anything less then that I will bam myself from posting for a week. Anything more then that you will be banned from posting for a week. Nick having 4 rushing TDs in this game is a joke. He kept it every time at the GL no matter if it was a good read or not. The player who will benefit the most in this offense with Fitz gone is Kylin Hill. He will have 150+ yards rushing and 3-4 TDs easy.

Stevens: 275+ passing 3 td, 50+ rushing 1 td
Hill: 150+ rushing 3 td

That's 7 TDs and 475 yards between 2 players... you might wanna think that through.

MarketingBully
08-24-2019, 02:06 PM

That's 7 TDs and 475 yards between 2 players... you might wanna think that through.

That’s only 49 points. If there’s one thing Joe’s offense does is it blows the shit out of inferior defenses. Besides, I’m only betting on TS’s stats.

Dolphus Raymond
08-24-2019, 02:21 PM
Damn, friend!! We will beat ULL like they stole something next Saturday. Granted, this whole issue MAY be a contributing factor in a loss later in the season, but take a deep breath. A Quaalude may help take the edge off.

dantheman4248
08-24-2019, 02:35 PM
Bet me

You seriously trying to bet on this game?

State wins, youre gone from here for a week. State loses, I’m gone till egg bowl. Deal?

Coach007
08-24-2019, 02:36 PM

It is that easy for me. So let's do this.

Define what stats and the terms.

Coach007
08-24-2019, 02:45 PM

Seriously. Fitz had 243 yards passing last year... Do you HONESTLY think that Stevens won't?

We scored 56 on that team last year. Do you really think we are going to be that much worse?

Arguing with this guy is pointless. He has an axe to grind and for some reason chooses to take this personally. Is really that important to be sooo correct that winning by 50 instead of 30 is the standard by which we judge?

Really?

dantheman4248
08-24-2019, 02:53 PM
Think y’all are missing the point. That’s a lot to expect from only two players. I assume the ball will be spread around more and by the time we’re in the 40s the backups should be in.

msstate7
08-24-2019, 02:54 PM
Seriously. Fitz had 243 yards passing last year... Do you HONESTLY think that Stevens won't?

We scored 56 on that team last year. Do you really think we are going to be that much worse?

Arguing with this guy is pointless. He has an axe to grind and for some reason chooses to take this personally. Is really that important to be sooo correct that winning by 50 instead of 30 is the standard by which we judge?

Really?

I don't really care about this, but betting 2 guys account for 7 TDs would be dumb. O/u is 57.5. We could score 70 though, and those 2 guys still may not account for 7 TDs

gravedigger
08-24-2019, 02:58 PM

People who live and die by message board info, absolutely.

The team. Not at all.

Commercecomet24
08-24-2019, 03:02 PM
People who live and die by message board info, absolutely.

The team. Not at all.

Rep given!

bulldawg28
08-24-2019, 03:06 PM

So 275 passing 3 TD's passing and 50+ rushing? Deal

MarketingBully
08-24-2019, 03:19 PM
I don't really care about this, but betting 2 guys account for 7 TDs would be dumb. O/u is 57.5. We could score 70 though, and those 2 guys still may not account for 7 TDs

He took the deal I was betting which was 275+ passing yards 3 TDs and 50+ rushing yards 1 TD. I think TS will easily account for those numbers.

Todd4State
08-24-2019, 03:38 PM
He took the deal I was betting which was 275+ passing yards 3 TDs and 50+ rushing yards 1 TD. I think TS will easily account for those numbers.

Consider though the fact that if we are doing that well on offense in this game Kylin and probably Stevens will come out before they can stack up those numbers.

Stevens would in that scenario play most of the game because I'm expecting our QB depth chart to be Stevens, Shrader, and then walk-ons for this game.

But no reason to not give Gibson and Witherspoon touches if we are doing this well.

I can buy Stevens putting up those kind of numbers. But I think Hill comes out before he gets to 150 unless he breaks off two really big runs for TD's.

bulldawg28
08-24-2019, 03:54 PM

We can really up the bet if you're confident Tommy will easily make those numbers.

bulldawg28
08-24-2019, 03:56 PM
It is that easy for me. So let's do this.

Define what stats and the terms.

I'll keep the same numbers as marketing and his bet.

8 weeks ban just like the players.

You in?

BulldogDX55
08-24-2019, 04:05 PM
**** On

We had a true sophomore in his first year in the system that game, actually.

You're not too bright are you?

bulldawg28
08-24-2019, 05:16 PM
We had a true sophomore in his first year in the system that game, actually.

You're not too bright are you?

You dumbass Fitz was the starter against ULL last year right. Keep up and join the bet.

Homedawg
08-24-2019, 05:42 PM

Truest post you ever made. And it's allllll on jomo. We could have gotten one and had staggers that wanted one and jomo chose another route. And scared to oversign.

Homedawg
08-24-2019, 05:43 PM
I guess Pickering isn?t redshirting now.

He won't be. But he's not ready. He needs to but we can't.

Homedawg
08-24-2019, 05:45 PM

Congrats. Be a tad more professional. Y'all have a good team. Enjoy the W.

MarketingBully
08-24-2019, 06:21 PM
We can really up the bet if you're confident Tommy will easily make those numbers.

Tell you what. I wasn’t betting Kylin Hill would make 150+ yards but if you lower it to 100+ and 2 rushing TDs plus the numbers we already bet for Tommy and you have a deal. Loser can’t post for 8 weeks. This is a dumb bet dude. No one on the offense that was playing any significant role was suspended...

bulldawg28
08-24-2019, 07:07 PM
Tell you what. I wasn’t betting Kylin Hill would make 150+ yards but if you lower it to 100+ and 2 rushing TDs plus the numbers we already bet for Tommy and you have a deal. Loser can’t post for 8 weeks. This is a dumb bet dude. No one on the offense that was playing any significant role was suspended...

Deal.
Tommy should pass for 3 TD's and 275 yards easily along with 50 yards rushing and another rushing TD. Hill should start his early Heisman campaign with 100 yards and 2 rushing touchdowns. The offense has no worries with a veteran Qb that knows the offense and all of those returning starters. Good luck!

Homedawg
08-24-2019, 07:28 PM

See ya in 8 weeks
ETA we could score 80 and you could lose this bet

timotheus
08-24-2019, 07:50 PM
This is Rich!

MarketingBully
08-24-2019, 08:50 PM
See ya in 8 weeks
ETA we could score 80 and you could lose this bet

Did you see ULL last year. This is ULL. Hell since you are so confident join in the bet asshole.

bulldawg28
08-24-2019, 09:08 PM
Did you see ULL last year. This is ULL. Hell since you are so confident join in the bet asshole.

Bro, I noticed you've got over 12k posts. How would you manage for 8 weeks not posting. That's a lotttttt of posting.

MarketingBully
08-24-2019, 09:57 PM
Bro, I noticed you've got over 12k posts. How would you manage for 8 weeks not posting. That's a lotttttt of posting.

Eh, I’ll live. Ever since last year’s 8-5 season in football this place has been shit. I’m not real worried either way. But odds are in my favor you’re the one who will lose this bet.

BuckyIsAB****
08-24-2019, 09:59 PM
Congrats. Be a tad more professional. Y'all have a good team. Enjoy the W.

I'll be what I want. Im sorry I posted something ribbing another poster that had nothing to do with you offended you. It'll be okay. Some of yall act like this place is a safe space its a joke on a message board for the love of God

BuckyIsAB****
08-24-2019, 10:00 PM
Congrats to Brandon they won 1 game.

You know as well as I do I wouldnt have said anything if you didnt start it. Good luck to Starkville the rest of the way they are talented. Hope Altmeyer isnt hurt

tcdog70
08-25-2019, 08:43 AM
Yeah, him as well.

An 86 rated DT that can eat some space & handle some snaps would be really beneficial right now

Have you ever thought maybe our Coaching staff thinks our Young DTs are going to,play good and we don't need a JUCO ?

Scared_Hitless
08-25-2019, 09:15 AM
Eh, I’ll live. Ever since last year’s 8-5 season in football this place has been shit. I’m not real worried either way. But odds are in my favor you’re the one who will lose this bet.

Should have just bet those yards which I agree we easily hit but TDs are flukey and he is going to hold you to those exact totals.

MarketingBully
08-25-2019, 09:23 AM
Should have just bet those yards which I agree we easily hit but TDs are flukey and he is going to hold you to those exact totals.

Yeah I know. I’m good with it.

bulldawg28
08-25-2019, 09:36 AM

Others were saying they too would join in the bet but it's been crickets since. I should turn this into a weekly bet with new posters to see which poster can last the longest on predicting stats for each game. It doesn't have to be bans I may change user names of my choosing for a month.

I seen it dawg
08-25-2019, 10:01 AM
And Kareem walker

What's walker got to do with anything? He didn't handle taking classes he was supposed to be doing.

I seen it dawg
08-25-2019, 10:05 AM
Bulldawg28 is first

MarketingBully
08-26-2019, 06:12 AM
Bulldawg28 is first

I’ll still hold true to my bet but thank you thank you thank you!!!