PDA

View Full Version : Moving On: How do We Allocate These Suspensions?

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2019, 01:21 PM
Now that we know the damage, let's talk about how we spread these things out for the least amount of impact.

*I'm assuming we get to choose the games
* Since the University won't release the names, we are left to speculate. While I feel bad about that, it is what it is.

Here are the rumored players involved & how they fit on the depth chart:

Here are my recommendations:

1. Will Gay - Obviously a big hit but we still get 4 games: I don't play Willie vs ULL, USM, K-State, Abilene, Arkansas, Kentucky, Alabama, Tennessee. That makes him eligible for Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss, & Texas A&M.

2. Autry - See Willie Gay except I may let Autry play vs Bama & sit him for Texas A&M instead.

3. Whop - Sits the 1st 8 games & is ready for the last 3 when injuries could factor in

4. Dolla Bill - Sits for the 1st 8 games & is ready for the last 4 when injuries could set in

5. Jett Johnson - Same as Whop & Dolla Bill

6. Furge - 1st 8 games

7. Reed - 1st 8 games

8. Murphy - Need to watch our injury situation at safety. Would sit 1st 4 games & then take it week to week after that to see if he is needed due to injury.

9. Mayden - Doesn't matter.

10. ? Who is the last guy? If it's Crumedy, we'll have to balance things out with Autry.

dantheman4248
08-23-2019, 01:25 PM
Depends on if we can sit them across multiple years or not.

If yes. Sit for OOC + Ark this year and then OOC sans @NCSU next year and we're good. (Unless they would already sit out anyways).

Otherwise I'd take it week to week based on injuries.

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2019, 01:27 PM

If yes. Sit for OOC + Ark this year and then OOC sans @NCSU next year and we're good. (Unless they would already sit out anyways).

I can't imagine they let it go over multiple years.

Additionally, I agree you have to take it week to week, but there has to be a plan that you hope to achieve

KOdawg1
08-23-2019, 01:28 PM
I've heard and read Crumedy as that last guy as well.

We can speculate all of that now, but what will be a deciding factor will be injuries. I think we're fine for the most part as long as we stay healthy. It's when people start getting banged up when we'll start to feel it

TrapGame
08-23-2019, 01:28 PM

Wut?!! That's an option?

Covercorner2
08-23-2019, 01:31 PM
I can't imagine they let it go over multiple years.

Additionally, I agree you have to take it week to week, but there has to be a plan that you hope to achieve

I would just take it week by week. Good news is we start with 4 winnable games. Assess injuries, how other teams are faring, etc. and go from there. If we are 4-0 going into UT, for example I think you have to play everyone you can.

I also think the last two games are winnable without a couple of starters.

dantheman4248
08-23-2019, 01:32 PM
Well I personally believe we can win OOC, Ark, OM, UK, UT without any of those players anyways so my plan would be to save them for Bama, A&M, LSU, and Auburn. Aside from that just plug for injuries if needed and pay attention to how the other's seasons are going (if Auburn implodes, UT takes a giant step, UK holds serve, etc.) But otherwise save for those 4 games. If we lose one of those 8 games (like say Kentucky) then I'd make it be Auburn, Tenn, OM, LSU.

Pinto
08-23-2019, 01:32 PM
Are the suspensions an MSU thing or an NCAA thing? I've read the report and didn't see anything from the NCAA about suspensions. If it is up to us, then let's do whatever we want.

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2019, 01:37 PM
Well I personally believe we can win OOC, Ark, OM, UK, UT without any of those players anyways so my plan would be to save them for Bama, A&M, LSU, and Auburn. Aside from that just plug for injuries if needed and pay attention to how the other's seasons are going (if Auburn implodes, UT takes a giant step, UK holds serve, etc.) But otherwise save for those 4 games. If we lose one of those 8 games (like say Kentucky) then I'd make it be Auburn, Tenn, OM, LSU.

You have to let them play vs OM. You can't let them take any joy from this

MarketingBully
08-23-2019, 01:40 PM
It’s 10 players total 9 football and 1 basketball. It states it in the NCAA letter.

MarketingBully
08-23-2019, 01:41 PM
Now that we know the damage, let's talk about how we spread these things out for the least amount of impact.

*I'm assuming we get to choose the games
* Since the University won't release the names, we are left to speculate. While I feel bad about that, it is what it is.

Here are the rumored players involved & how they fit on the depth chart:

Here are my recommendations:

1. Will Gay - Obviously a big hit but we still get 4 games: I don't play Willie vs ULL, USM, K-State, Abilene, Arkansas, Kentucky, Alabama, Tennessee. That makes him eligible for Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss, & Texas A&M.

2. Autry - See Willie Gay except I may let Autry play vs Bama & sit him for Texas A&M instead.

3. Whop - Sits the 1st 8 games & is ready for the last 3 when injuries could factor in

4. Dolla Bill - Sits for the 1st 8 games & is ready for the last 4 when injuries could set in

5. Jett Johnson - Same as Whop & Dolla Bill

6. Furge - 1st 8 games

7. Reed - 1st 8 games

8. Murphy - Need to watch our injury situation at safety. Would sit 1st 4 games & then take it week to week after that to see if he is needed due to injury.

9. Mayden - Doesn't matter.

10. ? Who is the last guy? If it's Crumedy, we'll have to balance things out with Autry.

10 is Nick Weatherspoon.

dantheman4248
08-23-2019, 01:42 PM

I mean ehhh I get the reasoning. I'd swap with Auburn if it is paramount they play vs. OM. That way it's 6 in the first half of the season and then essentially 2 more bye weeks for them against Arky and FCS team in the brunt of our schedule. So LSU, A&M, Bama, OM.

KentuckyDawg13
Is the redshirt option available? 4 games seems ridiculous to dedicate to an entire season.

Homedawg
I've heard and read Crumedy as that last guy as well.

We can speculate all of that now, but what will be a deciding factor will be injuries. I think we're fine for the most part as long as we stay healthy. It's when people start getting banged up when we'll start to feel it

Don't think so...

Commercecomet24
08-23-2019, 01:43 PM
It’s 10 players total 9 football and 1 basketball. It states it in the NCAA letter.

Its 10 football players and Nick.

A former Mississippi State student and part-time athletics department tutor committed academic misconduct in an online general chemistry course to aid 10 football student-athletes and a men’s basketball student-athlete, according to a negotiated resolution agreement approved by a Division I Committee on Infractions panel.

Homedawg
08-23-2019, 01:44 PM

No

Homedawg
08-23-2019, 01:45 PM
Is the redshirt option available? 4 games seems ridiculous to dedicate to an entire season.

No. Well yes they can redshirt, but they'd have to sit 8 games next gearbox. So no. Not an option.

thf24
08-23-2019, 01:46 PM

How much joy can it be when we still beat their ass with ten players suspended?

StarkVegasSteve
08-23-2019, 01:50 PM
Do the bowl games count? If so I believe you sit Gay for the first 4, ACU, Arkansas, OM, and the bowl game. We need him for Auburn, Tennessee, LSU, A&M, and Bama. If it's not you either sit him against UT or Bama. We're going to wax OM with or without Gay. We need him for the toss up games that could decide whether we're 9-3 or 7-5.

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2019, 01:52 PM

Good deal. So Crumedy isnt' effected. That's big for the DL

Homedawg
08-23-2019, 01:54 PM
Good deal. So Crumedy isnt' effected. That's big for the DL

Don't listen to him. It's ten fb players. But Jc isn't one. How's that.

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2019, 01:57 PM

Ok. Good deal

Covercorner2
08-23-2019, 02:00 PM
Do the bowl games count? If so I believe you sit Gay for the first 4, ACU, Arkansas, OM, and the bowl game. We need him for Auburn, Tennessee, LSU, A&M, and Bama. If it's not you either sit him against UT or Bama. We're going to wax OM with or without Gay. We need him for the toss up games that could decide whether we're 9-3 or 7-5.

Good point about bowl games. Could the players still attend, etc.?

gravedigger
08-23-2019, 02:02 PM
10 is Nick Weatherspoon.

ADDITION: The full NCAA release is as follows.

A former Mississippi State student and part-time athletics department tutor committed academic misconduct in an online general chemistry course to aid 10 football student-athletes and a men?s basketball student-athlete, according to a negotiated resolution agreement approved by a Division I Committee on Infractions panel.

AROB44
08-23-2019, 02:02 PM
Take the Nick Saban option......process them all!!

MarketingBully
08-23-2019, 02:04 PM

Well if it’s who has been rumored who the hell from that group of ten was going to contribute significantly this year anyway other then Autry and Gay?

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2019, 02:16 PM
Willie Gay only has to play 4 games this year.

We're gonna get Lawrence Taylor Techmo Bowl effort in those 4 games. Balls to the wall. Doesn't need to save any energy

Joe should have some gamesmanship with these penalties. The other team shouldn't know who is playing each week

basedog
08-23-2019, 02:24 PM
Willie Gay only has to play 4 games this year.

We're gonna get Lawrence Taylor Techmo Bowl effort in those 4 games. Balls to the wall. Doesn't need to save any energy

Joe should have some gamesmanship with these penalties. The other team shouldn't know who is playing each week

I'm not sold on holding back which players play what games. I'd rather get all suspension over with and concentrate with the chemistry of the ones playing.

Actually I think they should be suspended entirely at least this year. Who knows that might happen anyway, it's a pretty big deal. It's a sad situation regardless, "black eyes" will heal but that dark cloud about who should play what games needs to be done right away, not one week to the next.

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2019, 02:30 PM
I'm not sold on holding back which players play what games. I'd rather get all suspension over with and concentrate with the chemistry of the ones playing.

i don't see anyway that happens. Wouldn't make any sense.

However, if you put yourself in the mind of a coach, I'm sure JoMo is thinking: If I win 8 games this year, I'm in good shape. So while we expect these player to play against Bama, LSU, A&M, & Auburn, you may actually see that those games are the ones they sit & they play vs Kentucky, Ole Miss, Arkansas, & TN in order to maximize our odds of winning 10 games.

Coaches don't take games for granted like fans do. They worry &, if that's the case, you may see these players play in games you didn't expect

basedog
08-23-2019, 02:39 PM

However, if you put yourself in the mind of a coach, I'm sure JoMo is thinking: If I win 8 games this year, I'm in good shape. So while we expect these player to play against Bama, LSU, A&M, & Auburn, you may actually see that those games are the ones they sit & they play vs Kentucky, Ole Miss, Arkansas, & TN in order to maximize our odds of winning 10 games.

Coaches don't take games for granted like fans do. They worry &, if that's the case, you may see these players play in games you didn't expect

Injuries could play a major risk, saving players for certain games is a risky thing. Inconsistence with the lineup may or could hurt team chemistry. Predicting football games is risky, yes we should win the non conference games but anything can happen now days. Also taking games for granted such as telling player we aren't gonna play you against X this week cause "we got this game" is dangerous, fans and other players might think "we got this". It's what I would do, Joe can make the call which he will and I will be in the stands cheering for Msu and what players are on the field. I ain't gonna cry about the ones who are "taking off this week"! They cheated, and should be punished, not cherry picking what they want or we want.

Jack Lambert
08-23-2019, 02:47 PM
Too bad we they can't do it one half of a game at a time when possible.

Homedawg
08-23-2019, 03:19 PM
Well if it’s who has been rumored who the hell from that group of ten was going to contribute significantly this year anyway other then Autry and Gay?

Well when you start w less bodies it can hurt st for sure. And then one who played in almost every game and several on two deep. But yeah not that bad as far as game changers.

Homedawg
08-23-2019, 03:23 PM

Which is what i said yesterday. And I agree on the part about coaches. We shall see how it unfolds. Coaches also don't take teams for granted like fans do either.

Bothrops
08-23-2019, 03:41 PM
Play our best suspended guys @Tennessee@A&M, LSU and OM, unless Auburn ain't great then switch LSU. Do this if everything is normal, but if there are key injuries scrap this plan. That's my take.

MarketingBully
08-23-2019, 04:33 PM
Well when you start w less bodies it can hurt st for sure. And then one who played in almost every game and several on two deep. But yeah not that bad as far as game changers.

Of those names only 2 were on the two deep. Granted they are both great players but the others are redshirt freshmen.