PDA

View Full Version : "Loss of eligibility" question

chef dixon
08-23-2019, 11:45 AM
Does this for instance mean, if we had a very important Junior linebacker caught up in this, who more than likely would test the NFL waters after this season... could play the entire season and go pro?

RiverCityDawg
08-23-2019, 11:48 AM
Does this for instance mean, if we had a very important Junior linebacker caught up in this, who more than likely would test the NFL waters after this season... could play the entire season and go pro?

He would serve his 8 games and then go pro if he wanted to. There's no impact on his ability to go pro other than he won't have as much film out there this season, so probably a better chance he returns for his senior year.

chef dixon
08-23-2019, 11:50 AM
He would serve his 8 games and then go pro if he wanted to. There's no impact on his ability to go pro other than he won't have as much film out there this season, so probably a better chance he returns for his senior year.

I guess from what I read is the players lose 8 games of NCAA athletic eligibilty as in he could play this entire season and only be eligible for 4 games next year. Could be off, but just a thought.

Covercorner2
08-23-2019, 11:50 AM
Those games he played in would probably be vacated if he indeed went pro.

My question is if a player is an underclassmen, can you hold them out 4 games (OOC) this year and 4 next year?

RiverCityDawg
08-23-2019, 12:03 PM
I guess from what I read is the players lose 8 games of NCAA athletic eligibilty as in he could play this entire season and only be eligible for 4 games next year. Could be off, but just a thought.

Has the "pick your games" thing been confirmed? I know Steve reported that "it is believed that State can pick the games", but do we know that for sure? Seems like they would have to serve their suspension penalty before being eligible.

Either way, I'm sure they would have to do it this season.

maroonmania
08-23-2019, 12:04 PM
Those games he played in would probably be vacated if he indeed went pro.

My question is if a player is an underclassmen, can you hold them out 4 games (OOC) this year and 4 next year?

I was assuming all 8 games had to be served this season?

Covercorner2
08-23-2019, 12:06 PM

I don't think so. Just during their eligibility. According to David Murray at least.

chef dixon
08-23-2019, 12:10 PM
I guess silver lining is that said linebacker is probably much more likely to return next season

Covercorner2
08-23-2019, 12:12 PM
I guess silver lining is that said linebacker is probably much more likely to return next season

Right. Sooo why not hold him out for say 4-6 games this year and serve the rest next year? Or vice versa?

RiverCityDawg
08-23-2019, 12:44 PM
I don't think so. Just during their eligibility. According to David Murray at least.

Tremendous development if true. I agree with you, 4 this year and 4 next. I'll have to see that to believe it though.

dantheman4248
08-23-2019, 12:53 PM
Idk why y'all are saying 4 this year and 4 next. I see 5 this year (Ark + OOC) and then 3 next year (have them available for NC State) as a much better plan.

chef dixon
08-23-2019, 12:56 PM
I'm in the camp of just sit the first 8 and get it over with for team chemistry and next man up development. My original question really just regarded Gay who had a good chance of entering the draft early anyway.

Covercorner2
08-23-2019, 01:08 PM
I'm in the camp of just sit the first 8 and get it over with for team chemistry and next man up development. My original question really just regarded Gay who had a good chance of entering the draft early anyway.

And the answer is that if he played in all games this year then went pro we would probably have to vacate 8 games he played in. We would have played an ineligible player.

Jack Lambert
08-23-2019, 01:24 PM

I would imagine he could be played any game if we let him but we would vacated any wins he plays in.

Lord McBuckethead
08-23-2019, 02:37 PM

Wonder how that works if someone plays game 2 and gets injured.

gravedigger
08-23-2019, 02:48 PM

Injury or redshirt games do not count in the suspension.

Jack Lambert
08-23-2019, 02:49 PM

Also can you count bowl game?

RiverCityDawg
08-23-2019, 02:58 PM

Nobody is injured, nothing to see here, we don't talk about injuries, he's not hurt he's just suspended.****

basedog
08-23-2019, 03:00 PM

That's why I would suspend first 8 games.

basedog
08-23-2019, 03:01 PM
Nobody is injured, nothing to see here, we don't talk about injuries, he's not hurt he's just suspended.****

^^^^^^^ Made me laugh!