PDA

View Full Version : Basketball recruiting

drummerdawg
08-23-2019, 10:58 AM
Just lost our only 2020 commit. Definitely not recruiting like we were Howland's first few years.

Scared_Hitless
08-23-2019, 11:05 AM
Too early for me to be worried, as most of the players are uncommitted though I have no knowledge of who we are after. It is football season.

maroonmania
08-23-2019, 11:09 AM
Would be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit worried about Howland's recruiting long term. He has been extremely fortunate that we've had a run of legacies that were top level recruits. Not sure how he is going to do with getting top ranked guys to MSU when they have no connection to MSU.

Covercorner2
08-23-2019, 11:13 AM
Just lost our only 2020 commit. Definitely not recruiting like we were Howland's first few years.

We need a new, or at least updated, arena in the worst way.

It would help with attendance, recruiting, a lot of things.

Right now if we are being honest, there is not a lot that we have to offer as it relates to other SEC programs.

AROB44
08-23-2019, 11:23 AM
We need a new, or at least updated, arena in the worst way.

It would help with attendance, recruiting, a lot of things.

Right now if we are being honest, there is not a lot that we have to offer as it relates to other SEC programs.

We need some updates but not a new arena. Our size is fine for basketball.

Covercorner2
08-23-2019, 11:24 AM
We need some updates but not a new arena. Our size is fine for basketball.

Size isn't the issue. It's old AF.

Dawg2003
08-23-2019, 12:09 PM
I was surprised at how old the Hump looked when I went a few years ago. I know it's sentimental to a lot of fans, but it's probably the worst in the league.

Dawg2003
08-23-2019, 12:11 PM
If we are being honest, Howland is past his prime, and he doesn't have a lot to recruit to. He was a big name back in the day.

maroonmania
08-23-2019, 01:13 PM
If we are being honest, Howland is past his prime, and doesn't have a lot to recruit to. He was a big name back in the day.

Plus he is out of his element a bit in the South if we are being honest. Vic fits us to a tee and that is one reason he is so successful at MSU. But I will say that Howland's recruiting looked great to start with but seems to be waning.

Bothrops
08-23-2019, 02:05 PM
Our men's hoops program gets dumped on by the world of pseudo sports journalists, and we simply haven't done enough in the post season to take any steps forward in recruiting. To be honest, we have fallen toward the bottom in basketball arenas in recent times, mainly since Ole Miss and Auburn built new digs. The Hump is going to need a massive upgrade both inside and out to modernize. I'm not sure what Howland is thinking or planning to do after the upcoming season. It seems we are still in a state of limbo here.