PDA

View Full Version : Two things - Our team and what does Starkville need?

Lord McBuckethead
08-23-2019, 10:55 AM
1st, we will start the season with what most people would include as a top 4 SEC RB, QB, CBs, and LBs. Our Dline will be top 5 SEC by the end of the year and our OL will not be a bunch of slouches as well. If I told you we would start a season with a guy that has been in CJM offense for 4 years and a top 4 home run hitting RB, man. We could be good.

Second, if you could add one business to Starkville or one service to starkville that you think would take off...

Jack Lambert
08-23-2019, 10:58 AM
In door water park. Something like this but bigger.

https://www.gulfcoast.org/listings/kroc-center-mississippi-gulf-coast/4434/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miokmSFS800

StarkVegasSteve
08-23-2019, 11:01 AM
A bowling alley.....I miss the Hunt Club

Entodawg
08-23-2019, 11:09 AM
A large club-like bar that has live music/dj that’s 18+ in the District. Think Rick’s, the late Dawghouse, or *gasp* the Library in Oxford. Get something like that and you’ll see recruiting pick-up big time. Huge void between Starkville and other college towns. Nowhere the underclassmen can go but Rick’s.

IMissJack
08-23-2019, 11:11 AM
1) I want to believe that we are going to be better than most anticipate. However, I think most fans including myself felt that last year was going to be really special, and CJM could not get it done. I think this is just a wait and see year. I hope that Zuber and Stevens are the difference on O.

2) Landry's Seafood. Actually no idea, but could not think of a seafood place in S'ville.

Lord McBuckethead
08-23-2019, 11:12 AM
Half Shell Oyster House too. Man, that would be my spot.

Lord McBuckethead
08-23-2019, 11:19 AM
A bowling alley would also probably make some good money. I need to do a little research in managing a bowling alley.

IMissJack
08-23-2019, 12:14 PM
A bowling alley would also probably make some good money. I need to do a little research in managing a bowling alley.

Didn't Starkville have a bowling alley that closed?

Homedawg
08-23-2019, 12:53 PM
Didn't Starkville have a bowling alley that closed?
Yep

dantheman4248
08-23-2019, 01:15 PM
A large club-like bar that has live music/dj that’s 18+ in the District. Think Rick’s, the late Dawghouse, or *gasp* the Library in Oxford. Get something like that and you’ll see recruiting pick-up big time. Huge void between Starkville and other college towns. Nowhere the underclassmen can go but Rick’s.

Cowbell's..? Moe's on main street..? Matty's on main street..?

Do you actually know what you're talking about. Go explore more lol.

As for the question. A full-fledged Laser Tag / Bowling / Mini Golf setup somewhere would be lovely. Basically add a Dave & Buster's with those things attached if you're looking for an example.

SmokeyDawg
08-23-2019, 01:20 PM
Cowbell's..? Moe's on main street..? Matty's on main street..?

Do you actually know what you're talking about. Go explore more lol.

As for the question. A full-fledged Laser Tag / Bowling / Mini Golf setup somewhere would be lovely. Basically add a Dave & Buster's with those things attached if you're looking for an example.

Agreed, maybe a smaller version of a top golf too

MaroonBelle
08-23-2019, 02:24 PM
Second, if you could add one business to Starkville or one service to starkville that you think would take off...[/QUOTE]

If I was a parent of a teenage State fan who maybe wasn't 4 year college inclined I would send them to trade school for appliance and/or hvac repair. I would set them up with an actual store front in Starkville, hire a few guys and an actual adminstrative assistant to answer phones and that kid would make bank. There are WAY TOO FEW trade people to service this community. Get yourself a couple of contracts for apartment complexes, devote a couple people to that and make residential the rest. Charge reasonable prices and your business will NEVER be without customers. And it's recession proof.

TheWorkHersch
08-23-2019, 02:38 PM
A large club-like bar that has live music/dj that?s 18+ in the District. Think Rick?s, the late Dawghouse, or *gasp* the Library in Oxford. Get something like that and you?ll see recruiting pick-up big time. Huge void between Starkville and other college towns. Nowhere the underclassmen can go but Rick?s.

Agreed. I'd like to see this happen:

https://i.imgur.com/iThMT3A.jpg

vv83
08-23-2019, 02:38 PM
1st, we will start the season with what most people would include as a top 4 SEC RB, QB, CBs, and LBs. Our Dline will be top 5 SEC by the end of the year and our OL will not be a bunch of slouches as well. If I told you we would start a season with a guy that has been in CJM offense for 4 years and a top 4 home run hitting RB, man. We could be good.

Second, if you could add one business to Starkville or one service to starkville that you think would take off...

Top 4 QB?? I appreciate the optimism and hope TS can be that but come on the guy hasn't played a snap yet in the SEC and has never started a game. Tua, Fromm, Mond, Franks, Bryant, Bentley. I'd put TS somewhere in that 8-11 range just based on the limited data available on him

vv83
08-23-2019, 02:40 PM

Kids love cowbells and bringing uber in makes it where people can actually go but you're def right. need something like that behind the cluster of shitty bars in the district

Lord McBuckethead
08-23-2019, 02:41 PM
Jordan Rodgers has him in his top 5.

SmokeyDawg
08-23-2019, 03:03 PM
Not sure if y'all have ever been to the district but there's hardly room to park a moped much less a big club

Bothrops
08-23-2019, 04:26 PM
The problem with Starkville is the only people that want nice things there are the fans (most of whom don't live there)and some of the students of MSU. The other populace couldn't care less.

dawgs
08-23-2019, 04:30 PM
The problem with Starkville is the only people that want nice things there are the fans (most of whom don't live there)and some of the students of MSU. The other populace couldn't care less.

If they don't want what comes with a sec college town, they can move to greenwood to Kosciusko, which is about what Starkville would be without MSU.

Bothrops
08-23-2019, 04:37 PM
If they don't want what comes with a sec college town, they can move to greenwood to Kosciusko, which is about what Starkville would be without MSU.

Half of Starkville is too similar to places like that as it is.

SmokeyDawg
08-23-2019, 05:36 PM
[QUOTE

If I was a parent of a teenage State fan who maybe wasn't 4 year college inclined I would send them to trade school for appliance and/or hvac repair. I would set them up with an actual store front in Starkville, hire a few guys and an actual adminstrative assistant to answer phones and that kid would make bank. There are WAY TOO FEW trade people to service this community. Get yourself a couple of contracts for apartment complexes, devote a couple people to that and make residential the rest. Charge reasonable prices and your business will NEVER be without customers. And it's recession proof.[/QUOTE]

This x1000. Most of these services are provided from Columbus West Point even Tuscaloosa. The quality of services in this area is poor. Some specialized companies are the only one, so there is no competition and some have poor standards.

Entodawg
08-24-2019, 05:43 AM
If you think those are hopping spots, then you dont know what youre talking about. Im a recent grad and telling you where theres a void. A big bar in the District with a stage that lets in 18+. Starkville will continue to be a suitcase college where most of the kids go home non-ballgame weekends without it. Trust me. Ive been one of the ones trying to make Ricks look cool to the football recruits. It’s a hard sell.