PDA

View Full Version : SEC Network Segment on Tommy Last Night

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2019, 09:49 AM
Pretty good. Bo Bounds said that from his contacts at the scrimmages, Tommy looked more like a game manager. So it's seems as though we have conflicting reports

https://www.secsports.com/video/27442495/mississippi-state-finds-answer-qb-stevens

RiverCityDawg
08-23-2019, 09:56 AM
Pretty good. Bo Bounds said that from his contacts at the scrimmages, Tommy looked more like a game manager. So it's seems as though we have conflicting reports

https://www.secsports.com/video/27442495/mississippi-state-finds-answer-qb-stevens

The "game manager" tag is usually applied to QBs that aren't a running threat and have average arm strength. I don't know if Tommy will be a great QB, but he is absolutely a running threat and has a very strong arm. If by "game manager" he means he doesn't take a lot of high risk throws and doesn't throw interceptions, well that would be great. The reality is Joe is going to dial up plenty of deep balls, so whether he completes a bunch or not, I'm not sure how a game manager label will stick. I'm thinking Bo's contacts didn't see him run it much because QBs are non-contact in a scrimmage setting.

Coach007
08-23-2019, 10:00 AM

Very accurate piece!

MarketingBully
08-23-2019, 10:06 AM
Top 3 at the passing academy? Wow. I wouldn?t put much stock into what Bo says. He has National analysts on and he never ever asks questions that are relevant to in state schools. Hell I?d love for Brad Edwards or Lugs to give their opinion on Tommy Stevens but you won?t hear it on Bo Bounds show because he doesn?t ask them.

StarkVegasSteve
08-23-2019, 10:23 AM
Because that doesn't fit the narrative he's trying to portray. Brad Logan came on his show a couple of weeks ago and said he wasn't sold on Stevens and now Bo has ran with that and doubled down on it. I'm sure Bartoo also gave him so obscure stat that he's swearing is gospel.

QuadrupleOption
08-23-2019, 10:24 AM
It's Bo's yearly shtick of downplaying MSU and pimping UM.

Hell just this morning he spent 3 minutes talking about how there was no way MSU could get to 8 wins before he even looked at a damn schedule and found 8 games we should win. Then he said "Oh I didn't even realize that was their schedule" or something to that effect. This was a little after 8:00AM if anyone cares to look it up. I don't.

In other words, he didn't bother to do basic research on one of the two major programs in this state before forming and spouting an opinion as if it was fact.

So no, I'm not going to take his word or his "sources" word about Tommy Stevens' abilities until I see Tommy Stevens in action myself. Sorry, Bo.

GoDawgz
08-23-2019, 10:27 AM

Haha Bo Bounds has contacts...... I will go with the SEC network and Jordan Rodgers.
And I do look for Kylin and Nick to have a great year!

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2019, 10:28 AM

Hell just this morning he spent 3 minutes talking about how there was no way MSU could get to 8 wins before he even looked at a damn schedule and found 8 games we should win. Then he said "Oh I didn't even realize that was their schedule" or something to that effect. This was a little after 8:00AM if anyone cares to look it up. I don't.

In other words, he didn't bother to do basic research on one of the two major programs in this state before forming and spouting an opinion as if it was fact.

So no, I'm not going to take his word or his "sources" word about Tommy Stevens' abilities until I see Tommy Stevens in action myself. Sorry, Bo.

I heard that. He completely put his foot in his mouth.

He's been spouting MSU will win 7 games for a while now, but apparently just looked at a schedule this morning at which time he came up with 8 games & maybe 9. Then tried to backtrack by saying that we need to watch out for Kentucky & that Tennessee would likely be a loss.

It was pretty funny. Showed how little research his opinions are based on

StarkVegasSteve
08-23-2019, 10:34 AM
I heard that. I completely put his foot in his mouth.

He's been spouting MSU will win 7 games for a while now, but apparently just looked at a schedule this morning at which time he came up with 8 games & maybe 9. Then tried to backtrack by saying that we need to watch out for Kentucky & that Tennessee would likely be a loss.

It was pretty funny. Showed how little research his opinions are based on

It's pretty sad to call yourself the number 1 sports talk show in the state and not know the damn schedule of one of the two premier teams in the state. Go to Alabama, I sure as hell bet you they know every game on Alabama and Auburn's schedule and have probably had an in depth analysis on every game. Instead he's busy having rib cooking contests and bloody mary tastings. I take anything he or his two "producers" say with a grain of salt. They're opinions aren't based on any facts. They just say whatever pops into their head and then don't have any information to back it up.

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2019, 10:39 AM
It's pretty sad to call yourself the number 1 sports talk show in the state and not know the damn schedule of one of the two premier teams in the state. Go to Alabama, I sure as hell bet you they know every game on Alabama and Auburn's schedule and have probably had an in depth analysis on every game. Instead he's busy having rib cooking contests and bloody mary tastings. I take anything he or his two "producers" say with a grain of salt. They're opinions aren't based on any facts. They just say whatever pops into their head and then don't have any information to back it up.

Agree. I didn't realize he hadn't even looked at the schedule.

Additionally, the dude take a ton of time off. Seems like every other segment is a rerun from earlier in the week

Jack Lambert
08-23-2019, 10:55 AM

Maybe he is spending too much time in front of the glory hole with Yancy.

Scared_Hitless
08-23-2019, 10:56 AM
The most knowledgeable person on that show is Blake, but his opinion is stifled constantly and he seems to fall in line when Bo says something. They all took the under on 7.5 wins this season for example. They also all took the over on Ole Miss winning minimum 6 so they basically are viewing our teams as equals. Sadly they pimp the OM OC and DC hires, meanwhile we have a borderline elite coordinators on both sides of the ball now and no mention.

I honestly listened pretty faithfully before, but I cannot deal with the constant disrespect towards our Coach and players that airs everyday. Have to hear about how great Mullen is everyday now that he is gone. I hope JoMo shocks everyone this season and wins 10. That would equal the best season has ever had here with an NFL QB. Its not likely but to act like we have fallen back to a 5-7 to 6-6 club is stupid. End Rant

StarkVegasSteve
08-23-2019, 11:00 AM
The most knowledgeable person on that show is Blake, but his opinion is stifled constantly and he seems to fall in line when Bo says something. They all took the under on 7.5 wins this season for example. They also all took the over on Ole Miss winning minimum 6 so they basically are viewing our teams as equals. Sadly they pimp the OM OC and DC hires, meanwhile we have a borderline elite coordinators on both sides of the ball now and no mention.

I honestly listened pretty faithfully before, but I cannot deal with the constant disrespect towards our Coach and players that airs everyday. Have to hear about how great Mullen is everyday now that he is gone. I hope JoMo shocks everyone this season and wins 10. That would equal the best season has ever had here with an NFL QB. Its not likely but to act like we have fallen back to a 5-7 to 6-6 club is stupid. End Rant

This is the truth. He actually used to have some pretty good opinions, but within the last 6-9 months he's just lockstep with everything Bo says.

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2019, 11:06 AM

I can only view the muting of Blake as a business move.

I have heard from people that have visited the studio & know these people that they are HUGE MSU fans, but for business reasons cannot come across that way on the air. Thus, you get an over adjustment where they seemingly support the rival.

However, with that said, it's pretty ridiculous that they were throwing out win totals without looking at the schedule. Also, it's furthermore ridiculous that they've just about stated that MSU & OM are somewhere close to even teams, which is completely absurd if you look at a roster.

Again, I understand their job is drum up interest for business reasons, but you've got to sound intelligent to do that. What they did this morning wasn't intelligent. Made them look extremely unprepared.