PDA

View Full Version : Marty & Magee: Joe Moorhead

TrapGame
08-23-2019, 09:09 AM
I don't know if y'all caught the M&M episode w/ Moorhead but it was pretty good. Joe admitted he ran his mouth too much coming in (ring size). He said he was excited to be in the SEC and let it go to his head. His big take away from year one was the athleticism and speed of SEC defenses. He said Franklin warned him before coming here. It seems he has taken this to heart and made adjustments to his offensive scheme.

Lord McBuckethead
08-23-2019, 09:11 AM
Hope so. We are all hoping he can figure it out. Now it is wait and see. It's show me time.

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2019, 09:22 AM
He said he was excited to be in the SEC and let it go to his head. His big take away from year one was the athleticism and speed of SEC defenses.

Same thing would happen if Gundy, Riley, Patterson, ect started coaching in the SEC

msstate7
08-23-2019, 09:35 AM
Making adjustments to his scheme would be a great sign

MarketingBully
08-23-2019, 09:41 AM
He’s also changed his attitude on how he plays his WRs. He’s going to play a lot of them and stick with the hot hand in games. This offense should be a ton better. If we are close to 50/50 pass run this offense is going to surprise a lot of people. I’m excited to see what TS can do. When someone asked Moorhead about completion percentages between Stevens and KT, he said he didn’t want to comment on that but it was significant enough to make the decision. I bet it was a 10+ percent difference. If it was close, I’d think Moorhead would share. TS knows he has one year to impress scouts. I bet he uses his one year well here.

Cooterpoot
08-23-2019, 09:44 AM
I was hoping this was going to be a M/M to the ACC network post.

maroonmania
08-23-2019, 11:19 AM
I don't know if y'all caught the M&M episode w/ Moorhead but it was pretty good. Joe admitted he ran his mouth too much coming in (ring size). He said he was excited to be in the SEC and let it go to his head. His big take away from year one was the athleticism and speed of SEC defenses. He said Franklin warned him before coming here. It seems he has taken this to heart and made adjustments to his offensive scheme.

Would not have mattered though if Joe had run his mouth or not, expectations with the fanbase last year would have still been sky high because of the roster we had coming back. In fact, the only thing that did temper expectations last year WAS the coaching change. Had Mullen been running his offense with the roster we had last year, assuming a Grantham led defense would have been in the neighborhood of what Shoop produced last year, we would have won at least 10 games no doubt. Nobody could have forseen how bad our offense was going to be under JoMo last year when playing upper level defenses.

Dawg2003
08-23-2019, 12:15 PM
I want to Joe to succeed, but I sometimes get this sick feeling that he is Brett Bielema 2.0.

BeastMan
08-23-2019, 12:24 PM
I’ll have to look that up even though Marty and Magee is the worst radio show in the history of radio shows

Ari Gold
08-23-2019, 12:35 PM
I want to Joe to succeed, but I sometimes get this sick feeling that he is Brett Bielema 2.0.

Well it’s not.. and it’s not even close..

Ari Gold
08-23-2019, 12:36 PM
I’ll have to look that up even though Marty and Magee is the worst radio show in the history of radio shows

It’s better than what’s on SEC network between 2-6 every ****ing week day..

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-23-2019, 12:54 PM

No. I'm not seeing it: 1) Go look at Arkansas roster, they have absolutely no talent. Compare that to who Moorhead has recruited, and it's clear he can bring in better athletes and knows the LOS is huge. 2) Bielema hired crap assistants who didn't develop well at any position, outside of maybe RB and TE. Once that elite OL coach left for UGA they fell off a cliff because that was their only group they could rely on. Our current assistants imo are very good coaches. 3) Bielema lost his offensive identity, he really had no plan for what the teams' identity would be. Like it or not, there's no doubt Moorhead at least has a plan for what the O should look like. 4) Bielema was as piece of crap lazy human. He gained over 50 lb while at Arky. Moorhead has self control and has lost a lot of weight. I know I know, being fat doesn't = bad coach by any stretch, but I think the difference shows that Moorhead has a lot more personal self control than Bielema.

Commercecomet24
08-23-2019, 01:32 PM
It’s better than what’s on SEC network between 2-6 every ****ing week day..

Rep Given!

WPS
08-23-2019, 04:03 PM
No. I'm not seeing it: 1) Go look at Arkansas roster, they have absolutely no talent. Compare that to who Moorhead has recruited, and it's clear he can bring in better athletes and knows the LOS is huge. 2) Bielema hired crap assistants who didn't develop well at any position, outside of maybe RB and TE. Once that elite OL coach left for UGA they fell off a cliff because that was their only group they could rely on. Our current assistants imo are very good coaches.

He had quite a bit of talent from 2014-16 with several top 25 classes and a lot of players drafted, then it completely fell off a cliff. We had some very good position coaches (RB, WR, TE, Enos was a good QB coach) but then he would hire replacement coaches from places like Eastern Michigan (OL) and Samford (DL) and they were terrible. Bielema was a defensive-minded coach but our OL being so bad his last few years was baffling given his reputation at Wisconsin. He also recruited/conditioned for the Big 10 with these huge guys who could dead lift a million pounds but we were slow as molasses and it showed against SEC teams.

TrapGame
08-23-2019, 04:16 PM
He had quite a bit of talent from 2014-16 with several top 25 classes and a lot of players drafted, then it completely fell off a cliff. We had some very good position coaches (RB, WR, TE, Enos was a good QB coach) but then he would hire replacement coaches from places like Eastern Michigan (OL) and Samford (DL) and they were terrible. Bielema was a defensive-minded coach but our OL being so bad his last few years was baffling given his reputation at Wisconsin. He also recruited/conditioned for the Big 10 with these huge guys who could dead lift a million pounds but we were slow as molasses and it showed against SEC teams.

I heard an argument on SEC radio about Enos being too pass happy and not using that OL to ground and pound.