08-22-2019, 03:17 PM

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2019, 03:17 PM
Tommy Gunn is our QB.

Go get-em big dawg.

Hopefully this is a step up

TrapGame
08-22-2019, 03:20 PM
And some of our "fans" on the twitter responses need a boot to the arse. It looks like they know jack shit about this team.

Sacrifice
08-22-2019, 03:26 PM
CJM said the difference in completion % during practice was "significant"

Todd4State
08-22-2019, 03:28 PM
I am shocked.**

Hope he turns out to be a MSU legend.

Jack Lambert
08-22-2019, 03:36 PM
Is KT suspended the first game? Wasn't that the rumor and if so could this be why?

FriarsPoint
08-22-2019, 03:39 PM
Is KT suspended the first game? Wasn't that the rumor and if so could this be why?

Moorhead said they told both qbs Stevens earned it.

Scared_Hitless
08-22-2019, 03:40 PM
Tommy is a better thrower of the football, KT is going to play this season. If he does not progress in the passing department he will not start next year here either. Joe wants a QB that can pass and run but in that order. I am sure after last season he is hesitant to put another rush first QB at QB1. He knows he has to have a good season.

This is exciting if they hype around Tommy and our WRs is real. Time will tell.

Jack Lambert
08-22-2019, 03:46 PM
Moorhead said they told both qbs Stevens earned it.

Thanks! I am at work and can't see certain things.

KOdawg1
08-22-2019, 04:07 PM
And some of our "fans" on the twitter responses need a boot to the arse. It looks like they know jack shit about this team.

Some of our fans are too emotional. They'd rather lose with a player they like than win with a new guy. And I honestly don't think there's much of a difference between KT and TS from an athletic standpoint, but TS is more familiar with the offense, and Joe is more comfortable with him, so it's an easy decision.

ScoobaDawg
08-22-2019, 04:12 PM

Yea.... this guys an idiot

TrapGame
08-22-2019, 04:14 PM
Some of our fans are too emotional. They'd rather lose with a player they like than win with a new guy. And I honestly don't think there's much of a difference between KT and TS from an athletic standpoint, but TS is more familiar with the offense, and Joe is more comfortable with him, so it's an easy decision.

The Facebook State page fans are just as bad. Most have no clue why certain things happen and speak from a front row seat of ignorance. And if you nicely try to explain certain things to them they get bent out of shape.

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2019, 04:48 PM
I can only assume that MSU fans that disagree with Stevens being named the starter, don't care about winning. It's the only explanation.

chef dixon
08-22-2019, 04:50 PM
We will see. We have no idea or evidence he will actually be good. Proof will be on the field and I am ready to see it.

DanDority
08-22-2019, 04:50 PM
The Facebook State page fans are just as bad. Most have no clue why certain things happen and speak from a front row seat of ignorance. And if you nicely try to explain certain things to them they get bent out of shape.

TRUTH!!!!!!!

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2019, 04:52 PM
We will see. We have no idea or evidence he will actually be good. Proof will be on the field and I am ready to see it.

Sure, but he's already better than KT

chef dixon
08-22-2019, 05:00 PM
Sure, but he's already better than KT

There is no evidence of that. Just hope of the unknown, which I dont blame you for having.

Todd4State
08-22-2019, 05:00 PM
I can only assume that MSU fans that disagree with Stevens being named the starter, don't care about winning. It's the only explanation.

It really is puzzling to me. It's like our fans want to win- but they also at the same time demand that it be done with certain players. I don't know why our fans don't want to put the best players on the field. I seem to hear a lot about "well so and so earned because he has been here longer."

It's like they can separate or understand the fact that SEC football is a different animal than whatever high school district league that they live in.

msu15
08-22-2019, 05:03 PM
As expected. Hopefully this gives KT his redshirt that he should’ve gotten last year.

Todd4State
08-22-2019, 05:03 PM

This is kind of what I'm talking about. I'm not going to call the guy an idiot. But when you throw out a name like Buddy Stevens it tells me that there is a disconnect between the understanding of SEC and in this case MS JUCO football.

And maybe a lack of understand of schemes too because both coaches he mentioned run pass first offenses where a run first QB is almost certainly going to struggle.

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2019, 05:07 PM
There is no evidence of that. Just hope of the unknown, which I dont blame you for having.

So....coaches don't watch practice everyday? What am I missing here?

MaroonFlounder
08-22-2019, 05:07 PM
I agree with the decision and hope TS does well.

But some of our fans need to temper the hype with the Touchdown Tommy stuff.

If he looks great against SEC defenses not named ole ms, Ark, UK....then crown him.

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2019, 05:09 PM
It really is puzzling to me. It's like our fans want to win- but they also at the same time demand that it be done with certain players. I don't know why our fans don't want to put the best players on the field. I seem to hear a lot about "well so and so earned because he has been here longer."

It's like they can separate or understand the fact that SEC football is a different animal than whatever high school district league that they live in.

But what's even more puzzling is that many of those same people will destroy Mullen for playing seniority over talent. It's quite odd

chef dixon
08-22-2019, 05:09 PM
So....coaches don't watch practice everyday? What am I missing here?

That we havent seen him in hardly any game action? Fitz looked great in practice last year from what I remember

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2019, 05:11 PM
I agree with the decision and hope TS does well.

But some of our fans need to temper the hype with the Touchdown Tommy stuff.

If he looks great against SEC defenses not named ole ms, Ark, UK....then crown him.

You mean NFL Scouts.

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2019, 05:11 PM
That we havent seen him in hardly any game action? Fitz looked great in practice last year from what I remember

Did you watch Fitz in practice?

chef dixon
08-22-2019, 05:14 PM
Did you watch Fitz in practice?

Nope just going off what was reported last season although that question is irrelevant to the discussion

Todd4State
08-22-2019, 05:14 PM
But what's even more puzzling is that many of those same people will destroy Mullen for playing seniority over talent. It's quite odd

Obviously not me since I am the President of the Brandon Holloway up the middle is a terrible use of talent.

But our fans somehow need to understand that the best players should play regardless of how well liked they are or how long they have been here. At this stage of football it's about wins and production. Not about making memories your junior and senior year.

Lord McBuckethead
08-22-2019, 05:16 PM
I am shocked.**

Hope he turns out to be a MSU legend.

I hope he throws for 45 tds and Kylin gets 28 on the ground.

Lord McBuckethead
08-22-2019, 05:17 PM
Tommy is a better thrower of the football, KT is going to play this season. If he does not progress in the passing department he will not start next year here either. Joe wants a QB that can pass and run but in that order. I am sure after last season he is hesitant to put another rush first QB at QB1. He knows he has to have a good season.

This is exciting if they hype around Tommy and our WRs is real. Time will tell.

I want a qb that can pass and run, in that order as well.

BeardoMSU
08-22-2019, 05:39 PM

Holy shit, what a moron.....granted, the person he's respond to with his "do good" has me cringing as well.

Dolphus Raymond
08-22-2019, 05:59 PM
If Buddy Stevens ever became the coach at MSU, my days as a fan would be over. Actually, I have heard we considered hiring Bull Cyclone Sullivan back in the mid 60s, so I guess anything is possible.

Leroy Jenkins
08-22-2019, 06:01 PM
If Tommy had not been a grad transfer and was an incoming Frosh, lets say #1 QB prospect in the nation, and won the job over KT; would people be mad we recruited a better QB?

https://media.giphy.com/media/LpLd2NGvpaiys/giphy.gif

HoopsDawg
08-22-2019, 06:20 PM
If Tommy had not been a grad transfer and was an incoming Frosh, lets say #1 QB prospect in the nation, and won the job over KT; would people be mad we recruited a better QB?

I'd say maybe 10 people are mad.

msugolf
08-22-2019, 06:21 PM

Don't go read the comments on the hailstate Instagram account then. They're worse. I'm more amazed that some people know how to eat and dress themselves on a daily basis.

yjnkdawg
08-22-2019, 06:25 PM
It really doesn't matter what some of our fans want. They aren't being paid to win football games, but JoeMo is. He is going to do what he thinks is best for our football program now and for the future.

RougeDawg
08-22-2019, 07:02 PM
Don't go read the comments on the hailstate Instagram account then. They're worse. I'm more amazed that some people know how to eat and dress themselves on a daily basis.

The reason we have warnings not to put a hair dryer in a bath tub or not to drink poisons, has nothing to do with the hair dryer or poison. We have 2-3 generations of direction takers and not thinkers. Thank your modern day education system. Won?t get into the reasons the educational system has turned into what is it, but anyone with a functioning brain knows the answer.

But then again you reach the conundrum of decades of mindless robots being churned out by the system. It?s what they always envisioned. Mind numb robots who wouldn?t have the thinking skills to question anything with a logical approach.

dantheman4248
08-22-2019, 07:11 PM
Obviously not me since I am the President of the Brandon Holloway up the middle is a terrible use of talent.

Think you just triggered some PTSD

Coach007
08-22-2019, 07:16 PM

There is evidence of that. LOL! Per everything we have learned from practice and scrimmage.

Sorry you are upset

yjnkdawg
08-22-2019, 07:18 PM

But our fans somehow need to understand that the best players should play regardless of how well liked they are or how long they have been here. At this stage of football it's about wins and production. Not about making memories your junior and senior year.

Probably a few on here forgot about that when they were critcizing JoeMo because he wouldn't run DM's offensive scheme.

Coach007
08-22-2019, 07:28 PM
Q: How close were the completion numbers in camp between the two quarterbacks?

Moorhead: I prefer to not get into what they were specifically. I know what they are off the top of my head but it was significant enough to make for us to make the decision.

chef dixon
08-22-2019, 07:29 PM
There is evidence of that. LOL! Per everything we have learned from practice and scrimmage.

Sorry you are upset

Not upset. No evidence of that either yet you assume again.

I would just like to actually see some real game action to know if he is any good. Practice reports don't prove anything.

Dawg61
08-22-2019, 07:35 PM

Facebook anything is pure trash. Nobody over the age of 16 should be spending more than 5 seconds a week on that site.

Coach007
08-22-2019, 07:36 PM
Not upset. No evidence of that either yet you assume again.

I would just like to actually see some real game action to know if he is any good. Practice reports don't prove anything.

Moorhead: I prefer to not get into what they were specifically. I know what they are off the top of my head but it was significant enough to make for us to make the decision.

Regardless of game day..... in practice.... In a situation where both QBs KNEW it was one the line (so pressure) the completion numbers for Tommy was significant enough above KT. So who should be trusted? The person, who under pressure to become a starter, did the best.

IT's that simple and yes that is all the evidence anybody needs. If Stevens is that far ahead, and the man named KT.... he would have needed to be fired!

chef dixon
08-22-2019, 07:50 PM

Regardless of game day..... in practice.... In a situation where both QBs KNEW it was one the line (so pressure) the completion numbers for Tommy was significant enough above KT. So who should be trusted? The person, who under pressure to become a starter, did the best.

IT's that simple and yes that is all the evidence anybody needs. If Stevens is that far ahead, and the man named KT.... he would have needed to be fired!

Do you really believe Moorhead wasn't going to name Tommy the starter regardless? Of course he is going to provide some information to support his decision so he doesn't look stupid.

Right now the the actual game evidence we have does not prove that Tommy is good. That is all I am really saying. I am ready to see him in game action to prove that he is.

DeltaChicagoDog
08-22-2019, 07:59 PM
Congratulations, Tommy!! (Would say the same about KT had he won out.) Let?s do this!

Coach34
08-22-2019, 08:09 PM
This was going to happen the day he signed. Crazy you see alot of social media calling it a race thing. But that is what this country is coming to lately.

Anybody surprised by this needs someone watching over them to make sure they eat their jello. JoVester has his guy that has spent years in his offense. He wants less dual threat (but wants some for sure) and more throwing. He is recruiting for it and better keep it up because he has his work cut out for him.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-22-2019, 08:32 PM

You hit the nail on the head.

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2019, 08:34 PM
Crazy you see alot of social media calling it a race thing.

Another good reason to announce it 9 days out. Allows the idiots to say what they want to say before the season starts

Coach007
08-22-2019, 10:35 PM
Do you really believe Moorhead wasn't going to name Tommy the starter regardless? Of course he is going to provide some information to support his decision so he doesn't look stupid.

Again, I'm sorry that you have an issue with this, but I want the man we hired to succeed. WE ALL KNOW that to date, KT is a below 50% passer. That's not even up for debate.

2017 he was 48%
2018 he was 46%

PERIOD..

FULL STOP... that will not make us better.

Todd4State
08-22-2019, 11:11 PM
I hope he throws for 45 tds and Kylin gets 28 on the ground.

That would be incredible because putting up those kinds of numbers probably means we're going 11-1 or 12-0. So, I hope it happens too!

If Buddy Stevens ever became the coach at MSU, my days as a fan would be over. Actually, I have heard we considered hiring Bull Cyclone Sullivan back in the mid 60s, so I guess anything is possible.

If we hire Buddy Stevens straight from EMCC we would be the laughing stock of the SEC. And rightfully so. I'm not surprised that we considered hiring Bull Sullivan though. 1960's MSU football was different. I think Shira had a connection to Darrell Royal and may have been an assistant for us at one point in time.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me. However, remember the days when we all used to WANT the back-up to be the QB? It's the opposite now.

It really doesn't matter what some of our fans want. They aren't being paid to win football games, but JoeMo is. He is going to do what he thinks is best for our football program now and for the future.

Nailed it.

Think you just triggered some PTSD

Sorry.

Probably a few on here forgot about that when they were critcizing JoeMo because he wouldn't run DM's offensive scheme.

Very true. And that's another thing I don't understand about our fan base. Why would they expect a new coach to NOT run his scheme and run the previous coach's schemes? And yes- you do try to fit your offense to the strength of the players but last year Joe let Fitz run the ball more than Dan did. Running a scheme that you don't know as a coach would almost certainly spell disaster. And then the same people would be questioning "why didn't Joe run what worked so well at Penn State?"