PDA

View Full Version : This Year's Driving Without A License Arrest Goes to Tommy Champion

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2019, 09:33 AM
I'm convinced that only about 10 of our players in a given year have an updated drivers license & then it just comes down to who gets pulled over. Thus, every year we have someone get arrested for this. Also, FWIW, don't get mad at the reporter. Get mad at OUR players that can't handle their shit. Same thing with Tutor gate. Don't get mad at the Tutor, get mad at our players

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2019, 09:38 AM
Goodness Tommy. Were you dead? suspended license, expired tag, & no insurance is the golden sombrero driver registration negligence

Seems like it may be worthwhile for the athletic department to start taking a day in the Spring, take all the football players to the DMV, & make sure everyone is up to date.

fader2103
08-22-2019, 10:08 AM
Man the title is deceiving .... Driving with no licenses is totally different that driving with a suspended license.

KOdawg1
08-22-2019, 10:23 AM
Seems like it may be worthwhile for the athletic department to start taking a day in the Spring, take all the football players to the DMV, & make sure everyone is up to date.

That would be smart

Lord McBuckethead
08-22-2019, 10:27 AM
So wait, was his license suspended or was it just expired? Suspended in my opinion is something way more than just not going to the dmv and getting it renewed.

thf24
08-22-2019, 10:28 AM

Some classes on acting as responsible, intelligent adults sound like they're in order too. Though I suppose that can be said for half the population in one way or another. Still, good grief...

Lord McBuckethead
08-22-2019, 10:28 AM
I mean hell, who the heck looks at their license. I once drove on an expired license for like 6 months simply because I never look at it.

Lord McBuckethead
08-22-2019, 10:29 AM
Also, who looks at their car tag. I would imagine if I lived away from my actual residence, this could get overlooked as you wouldn't see the tax reminder come in.

GeorgeKaplan
08-22-2019, 10:46 AM
I'm convinced that only about 10 of our players in a given year have an updated drivers license & then it just comes down to who gets pulled over. Thus, every year we have someone get arrested for this. Also, FWIW, don't get mad at the reporter. Get mad at OUR players that can't handle their shit. Same thing with Tutor gate. Don't get mad at the Tutor, get mad at our players

Pretty darn irresponsible. But man, I did much worse at that age. Crazy worse.

Here’s a guy that bangs heads everyday to make sure that you have something to be proud of a few Saturdays in the fall, and you bring him a self-signaling hissy fit.

With friends like you, Shotgun....

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2019, 10:49 AM
Pretty darn irresponsible. But man, I did much worse at that age. Crazy worse.

Here’s a guy that bangs heads everyday to make sure that you have something to be proud of a few Saturdays in the fall, and you bring him a self-signaling hissy fit.

With friends like you, Shotgun....

Wait..... what did I do? LOL

Johnson85
08-22-2019, 10:54 AM
So wait, was his license suspended or was it just expired? Suspended in my opinion is something way more than just not going to the dmv and getting it renewed.

This is his second arrest for driving without a license. I'm thinking maybe it's suspended because he didn't take care of stuff associated with the tickets from the last time (when I think it was an expired license?). For it to be another expired license, that would mean that he never went and got it renewed even after getting a ticket for it, b/c there hasn't been time for it to expire again.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-22-2019, 10:56 AM
I mean hell, who the heck looks at their license. I once drove on an expired license for like 6 months simply because I never look at it.

Also, who looks at their car tag. I would imagine if I lived away from my actual residence, this could get overlooked as you wouldn't see the tax reminder come in.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/677206ddf65c560bc8c87c85b6d005f0/tumblr_n01ebhq23I1rt5ctno2_250.gif

MarketingBully
08-22-2019, 11:01 AM
This is the same guy who left a dog in an apartment alone for at least a week with no food or water. This doesn’t surprise me at all.

OneArmSteve
08-22-2019, 11:05 AM
This is the same guy who left a dog in an apartment alone for at least a week with no food or water. This doesn’t surprise me at all.

Ummm No it's not....

timotheus
08-22-2019, 11:06 AM
better do research marketingbully.

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2019, 11:08 AM
Live look at Moorhead speaking to his entire team today

https://i.gifer.com/origin/ce/ce7690f7fbd4ced946a48c25f9674f90_w200.gif

Bdawg
08-22-2019, 11:26 AM
Just stupid and irresponsible. I can forgive you once, but to not go handle your business and turn around and do it again is just plain stupid. Simple as that.

MetEdDawg
08-22-2019, 11:49 AM
If I'm MSU I do the following:

1) not sure how Mississippi does it but in Alabama it's alphabetical by last name. Need a spreadsheet of renewal dates on car tags or see if you can get a special exemption where they can all file at one time regardless of last name. If so, the whole team goes one day during summer and renew. Go by position groups in different time slots or whatever, but get it done.

2) Do the same with drivers licenses. If they have them, take a day during summer and renew. So they have 4 years from that moment before they have to renew again.

University should keep track of that stuff if they don't already. Now if a guy gets a license suspended the school isn't always going to know about it which makes it tough on them. And you can't have a university rep go with them for perception and being put in a bad position.

But I've never understood why there wasn't a more organized way for this to happen for our players. Maybe there is and we don't know about it. But this kind of stuff is just plain stupid.

Gutter Cobreh
08-22-2019, 11:53 AM

The doorman at the bar will let you know if it's expired when you're in college.

While most adults probably don't check their license, I suspect there a majority of college students that are concerned with keeping up with three things - 1) phone, 2) debit card, 3) and license. Otherwise, no alcohol for you!!!

gravedigger
08-22-2019, 11:56 AM

I'm afraid most state fans that dont work on campus are kind of oblivious to the way the athletes are treated here. Many of them have the impression that NO rule in society or on campus applies to them. It's pretty easy to figure out how that happens. We start treating them like royalty in their junior year of high school and by the time they get to campus they have quite a few people around them shielding them from just about any trouble, until they break a law. Then they cant be shielded by their 'handlers'.

dantheman4248
08-22-2019, 12:00 PM

If this is the only thing out of date Starkville PD is pretty lenient (i. e. go get it fixed before court and the cop will rip up the ticket.) Source: I was pulled over for 3 month old license as I hadn't been home all semester one time and the cop did just that. Gave me the ticket then ripped it up after I came back a month later with license plate renewed.

Ari Gold
08-22-2019, 12:16 PM
This is the same guy who left a dog in an apartment alone for at least a week with no food or water. This doesn?t surprise me at all.

This is the reason some of you need to read more and post less.. 100% false..
this is also how shit gets started that is completely false.

vv83
08-22-2019, 12:20 PM
This is the same guy who left a dog in an apartment alone for at least a week with no food or water. This doesn?t surprise me at all.

And this is how dumb shit gets started and rumors get out of control

msbulldog
08-22-2019, 12:25 PM

1) not sure how Mississippi does it but in Alabama it's alphabetical by last name. Need a spreadsheet of renewal dates on car tags or see if you can get a special exemption where they can all file at one time regardless of last name. If so, the whole team goes one day during summer and renew. Go by position groups in different time slots or whatever, but get it done.

2) Do the same with drivers licenses. If they have them, take a day during summer and renew. So they have 4 years from that moment before they have to renew again.

University should keep track of that stuff if they don't already. Now if a guy gets a license suspended the school isn't always going to know about it which makes it tough on them. And you can't have a university rep go with them for perception and being put in a bad position.

But I've never understood why there wasn't a more organized way for this to happen for our players. Maybe there is and we don't know about it. But this kind of stuff is just plain stupid.

I have to disagree with you this time MetEd, MSU should not have to baby-sit full ass grown men.

Lord McBuckethead
08-22-2019, 12:57 PM
I have to disagree with you this time MetEd, MSU should not have to baby-sit full ass grown men.

Agreed, but hell it could be mentioned as a reminder.

MetEdDawg
08-22-2019, 01:01 PM

Well considering some of them are 18 and 19 years old I would say that is a far cry from full grown ass men.

If they were full grown ass men they probably wouldn't be making these mistakes. And let's be honest. With this generation, some of these kids either don't kid a car until they graduate or their parents take care of everything for them. So they may have never have actually renewed their tag before. When I was 16 I had both grandfathers, both parents, and a host of other family that were educated, cared enough to teach me that kind of stuff, and helped prepare me to be a man. If we are being honest, we know for a fact many of these kids don't have that in place.

Schools don't teach kids things like this and family units are worse than ever at teaching their kids this stuff. Why not take care of that as a university and GUARANTEE they know what the hell to do and when to do it? Shit pay me $100,000 a year and I'll come manage the appointments and crap like that for the players.

Dawgology
08-22-2019, 01:03 PM
Well considering some of them are 18 and 19 years old I would say that is a far cry from full grown ass men.

If they were full grown ass men they probably wouldn't be making these mistakes. And let's be honest. With this generation, some of these kids either don't kid a car until they graduate or their parents take care of everything for them. So they may have never have actually renewed their tag before.

Schools don't teach kids things like this and family units are worse than ever at teaching their kids this stuff. Why not take care of that as a university and GUARANTEE they know what the hell to do?

Insert: "Morgan Freeman He's right, you know?" meme

Percho
08-22-2019, 01:37 PM
This is his second arrest for driving without a license. I'm thinking maybe it's suspended because he didn't take care of stuff associated with the tickets from the last time (when I think it was an expired license?). For it to be another expired license, that would mean that he never went and got it renewed even after getting a ticket for it, b/c there hasn't been time for it to expire again.

Methinks we need to bring back public stocks or walk of shame or something!

****'s kinda sorta

QuadrupleOption
08-22-2019, 02:33 PM

If they were full grown ass men they probably wouldn't be making these mistakes. And let's be honest. With this generation, some of these kids either don't kid a car until they graduate or their parents take care of everything for them. So they may have never have actually renewed their tag before. When I was 16 I had both grandfathers, both parents, and a host of other family that were educated, cared enough to teach me that kind of stuff, and helped prepare me to be a man. If we are being honest, we know for a fact many of these kids don't have that in place.

Schools don't teach kids things like this and family units are worse than ever at teaching their kids this stuff. Why not take care of that as a university and GUARANTEE they know what the hell to do and when to do it? Shit pay me $100,000 a year and I'll come manage the appointments and crap like that for the players.

If he's 18+ years old and driving a vehicle then he's responsible for knowing the laws, rules, and regulations that come with driving that vehicle. It's not MSU's responsibility to do it for him. He needs to man up and take care of his shit. Not MSU, not his handlers, not society, but TOMMY.

Damn, Tommy. Get your shit fixed.

StarkVegasSteve
08-22-2019, 02:45 PM
I'm not trying to defend the stupidity here, but if you're going to the DMV to renew a license you need to block out about 4 hours to do it. It's painfully slow and I doubt a kid who's a full time student and an athlete has that kind of time in his day. Again, it's still incredibly stupid, especially after he'd been arrested for basically the same thing 6 months ago.

I understand some on here are against it, but I kind of agree with others on here stating that we need to block out a day where we take the athletes to do this. I'm sure the athletic dept. could work with the local MHP troop and find a Saturday in the spring where license renewals and things of that nature could be done. Now having a expired tag is beyond stupid. They mail the damn sticker to you. and getting a new tag only takes about 15 minutes depending on the courthouse.

MetEdDawg
08-22-2019, 02:54 PM
If he's 18+ years old and driving a vehicle then he's responsible for knowing the laws, rules, and regulations that come with driving that vehicle. It's not MSU's responsibility to do it for him. He needs to man up and take care of his shit. Not MSU, not his handlers, not society, but TOMMY.

Damn, Tommy. Get your shit fixed.

Seems pretty obvious you don't deal with kids, especially ones that might be under privileged, on a daily basis.

Question for you. Who taught you to man up and take care of your shit? No one taught you a damn thing you just figured it all out by yourself?

MarketingBully
08-22-2019, 03:56 PM
This is the reason some of you need to read more and post less.. 100% false..
this is also how shit gets started that is completely false.

Oops my bad that was Michael Story. My apologies. Appreciate the 4-5 posts correcting me.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-22-2019, 08:26 PM

Good Lord. I could handle this crap when I was 8 years old. You telling me a 19 year old can't open their wallet, look at their license, and see the expiration date? Or check their car tag? Hell, you have to try to get arrested in this country, but somehow these guys can't stay out of a cop car. Anybody who thinks this is MSU's fault, or that MSU should do anything other than say "Tommy is a dumbass", is a dumbass right along with Tommy. Folks have to grow up.

dantheman4248
08-22-2019, 08:47 PM
Good Lord. I could handle this crap when I was 8 years old. You telling me a 19 year old can't open their wallet, look at their license, and see the expiration date? Or check their car tag? Hell, you have to try to get arrested in this country, but somehow these guys can't stay out of a cop car. Anybody who thinks this is MSU's fault, or that MSU should do anything other than say "Tommy is a dumbass", is a dumbass right along with Tommy. Folks have to grow up.

This is what people mean when they talk about privilege. Some people don't grow up with smart parents. Some people aren't taught certain values and kids can make a lot of assumptions. For instance, if you were never told that licenses expire, why would you ever think to check that? Not a stretch to see where a kid with minimal education and only life focused on sports would end up thinking that once they have their license they are allowed to drive. Car tag expiration happens so often in Starkville (even to me) that the cops are super lenient because kids away from home DONT THINK ABOUT IT. This is a person with constant football practice AND working towards a 4-year degree all while living on their own for the first time and for a lot of them, the first time they've ever had any sort of money to do things.

If you can't step inside those shoes and see that then you are the "dumbass" not everyone else.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-22-2019, 08:54 PM
This is what people mean when they talk about privilege. Some people don't grow up with smart parents. Some people aren't taught certain values and kids can make a lot of assumptions. For instance, if you were never told that licenses expire, why would you ever think to check that? Not a stretch to see where a kid with minimal education and only life focused on sports would end up thinking that once they have their license they are allowed to drive. Car tag expiration happens so often in Starkville (even to me) that the cops are super lenient because kids away from home DONT THINK ABOUT IT. This is a person with constant football practice AND working towards a 4-year degree all while living on their own for the first time and for a lot of them, the first time they've ever had any sort of money to do things.

If you can't step inside those shoes and see that then you are the "dumbass" not everyone else.

So because I obey the law, I'm "privileged"? Hell, a tag has the expiration date written on it. A license has the expiration date printed on it. Are folks really that dumb that they can't read it? Seriously?

You say some don't grow up with smart parents. You mean a fifth year senior has no clue what an expiration date means, or what the speed limit sign means? Get out of here with that crap.

Goldendawg
08-22-2019, 08:54 PM
Live in a small NE MS town and deal with law enforcement. Top # of tickets written to all ages are no license, no tag, and no proof of insurance. Switched tags and driving with suspended license also show up quite often. Yeah, MS law "requires" you purchase liability insurance, but the last time I checked I'm still paying for uninsured motorist on my coverage.

Maroonthirteen
08-22-2019, 08:57 PM

I thought it was a chick that left the dog behind in Starkville for others to take care of her responsibilities

dantheman4248
08-22-2019, 09:15 PM
So because I obey the law, I'm "privileged"? Hell, a tag has the expiration date written on it. A license has the expiration date printed on it. Are folks really that dumb that they can't read it? Seriously?

You say some don't grow up with smart parents. You mean a fifth year senior has no clue what an expiration date means, or what the speed limit sign means? Get out of here with that crap.

I was in the summer between my 4th and fifth year at state when I was pulled over for a 3+ month expired tag. Sometimes you just don't think about it. You're privileged in that you can't see what life is like for people who weren't born with a good upbringing. You are being the very definition of closed-minded. And "obeying the law". Yea ok. You never had a drop of alcohol before 21 and everytime you're in Memphis or NOLA when a woman is driving you have a male walk in front with a red flag. You've also never sped. Ever. Cool. Again something college age kids (myself included) have done. I'm sure you were all over our kicker for being pulled over for a busted tail light.****

RocketDawg
08-22-2019, 09:21 PM

Agree 100%. If you have a driver's license and a car tag, it's your responsibility to know when to renew and do it. They even send out renewal notices when they're due. Besides, wouldn't that be an extra benefit for athletes? ... they'd have to do it for all students.

RocketDawg
08-22-2019, 09:22 PM
I was in the summer between my 4th and fifth year at state when I was pulled over for a 3+ month expired tag. Sometimes you just don't think about it. You're privileged in that you can't see what life is like for people who weren't born with a good upbringing. You are being the very definition of closed-minded. And "obeying the law". Yea ok. You never had a drop of alcohol before 21 and everytime you're in Memphis or NOLA when a woman is driving you have a male walk in front with a red flag. You've also never sped. Ever. Cool. Again something college age kids (myself included) have done. I'm sure you were all over our kicker for being pulled over for a busted tail light.****

That sounds like a reasonable law and should be in effect everywhere. **

RocketDawg
08-22-2019, 09:27 PM
I'm not trying to defend the stupidity here, but if you're going to the DMV to renew a license you need to block out about 4 hours to do it. It's painfully slow and I doubt a kid who's a full time student and an athlete has that kind of time in his day. Again, it's still incredibly stupid, especially after he'd been arrested for basically the same thing 6 months ago.

I understand some on here are against it, but I kind of agree with others on here stating that we need to block out a day where we take the athletes to do this. I'm sure the athletic dept. could work with the local MHP troop and find a Saturday in the spring where license renewals and things of that nature could be done. Now having a expired tag is beyond stupid. They mail the damn sticker to you. and getting a new tag only takes about 15 minutes depending on the courthouse.

It took me about 10 minutes when I renewed mine this past May. Went in, took a number, sat down, got called up, and had a temporary license with a new photo in my hands in no more than 10 minutes. License plate renewal in August was exactly the same process, except for the photo. Time was about the same.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-22-2019, 09:31 PM
I was in the summer between my 4th and fifth year at state when I was pulled over for a 3+ month expired tag. Sometimes you just don't think about it.

Then that's your fault. When you make a mistake, own it. Or change your user name to danthechild. It's your responsibility to look at your tag and know when it expires. I have 3 vehicles at home, and 31 at work. That's 34 to keep up with. Never had an expired tag.

RocketDawg
08-22-2019, 09:33 PM
In the end, what he did isn't all that serious. It's not like he robbed a bank. But driving with a suspended license is a lot worse than an expired one. Maybe he'll learn a lesson from this experience.

MetEdDawg
08-22-2019, 09:38 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you don't have to be around kids that are different from you on a daily basis, my argument doesn't make any sense to you.

There are tons of kids out there who's parents take care of a lot for them. Or their grandparents. Or their uncles. Or their group homes. Don't teach them, just do it and take care of it. Ir their parents constantly remind them to take care of stuff that they don't realize they have to do.

There is a lot of ignorance on this topic, but the majority of folks on this board haven't had to deal with some of the situations these kids go through. Some of these kids grew up in homes where the only meal they got during high school was at school. Some of them grew up in insane privilege where their parents just did everything. Some of them have been in environments not conducive to teaching kids how to navigate through the parts of life those of us with a lot of experience have.

I would tell some of you to defer to my experience in this area but those of you dissenting have your minds made up that you are right without really ever having been around other people's kids every day of your life for 8 hours a day. I never blamed MSU. But again, if you don't see this kind of stuff every day it wouldn't make sense for you to rationalize why I think MSU should have someone on campus that deals with this kind of stuff regularly.

Ignorance to real issues is nice until you have to speak on the topic, then it's easy to tell who doesn't know what the hell they are talking about. You can have opinions and that's great. But until you've had to try and teach a kid that only gets to eat at school, has no family or worse, has one family member who they have to take care of full time, you probably don't actually have any experience with this and have no clue what you're talking about.

I'll remove myself from my soap box

dantheman4248
08-22-2019, 09:59 PM
Then that's your fault. When you make a mistake, own it. Or change your user name to danthechild. It's your responsibility to look at your tag and know when it expires. I have 3 vehicles at home, and 31 at work. That's 34 to keep up with. Never had an expired tag.

I owned it lol. Paid the tax fee next time I was in my hometown and then went back to Starkville PD and got it taken care of. It's not that serious of a thing to act all uppity over. Your life and job sounds like it has a lot that revolves around driving. My didn't then. I walked practically everywhere on campus. That's another factor you seem to forget about. These kids go to college. They walk. A lot. They don't drive that much. These are things that can slip your mind.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-22-2019, 10:24 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you don't have to be around kids that are different from you on a daily basis, my argument doesn't make any sense to you.

There are tons of kids out there who's parents take care of a lot for them. Or their grandparents. Or their uncles. Or their group homes. Don't teach them, just do it and take care of it. Ir their parents constantly remind them to take care of stuff that they don't realize they have to do.

There is a lot of ignorance on this topic, but the majority of folks on this board haven't had to deal with some of the situations these kids go through. Some of these kids grew up in homes where the only meal they got during high school was at school. Some of them grew up in insane privilege where their parents just did everything. Some of them have been in environments not conducive to teaching kids how to navigate through the parts of life those of us with a lot of experience have.

I would tell some of you to defer to my experience in this area but those of you dissenting have your minds made up that you are right without really ever having been around other people's kids every day of your life for 8 hours a day. I never blamed MSU. But again, if you don't see this kind of stuff every day it wouldn't make sense for you to rationalize why I think MSU should have someone on campus that deals with this kind of stuff regularly.

Ignorance to real issues is nice until you have to speak on the topic, then it's easy to tell who doesn't know what the hell they are talking about. You can have opinions and that's great. But until you've had to try and teach a kid that only gets to eat at school, has no family or worse, has one family member who they have to take care of full time, you probably don't actually have any experience with this and have no clue what you're talking about.

This is a well thought out post with some good points. I've worked people my whole life. Some were educated, some were 9th grade dropouts. Some were rich, some were broke. Some were black, some were white. Male, female, old, young. White collar and blue collar. I have a guy now who served time in prison and can't read or write. You have some good points. But some of it is just making excuses, which leads to enabling. I have a hard time believing that someone who is in their 5th year of college, is academically eligible, and lives away from home, is totally incapable of comprehending what a car tag expiration date is, what a speed limit sign means, or what a drivers license is. Especially after being arrested for much the same thing a few months prior. I figure he knows, and just doesn't give a rat's ass. And that would make him a lazy idiot.

MetEdDawg
08-22-2019, 10:45 PM
This is a well thought out post with some good points. I've worked people my whole life. Some were educated, some were 9th grade dropouts. Some were rich, some were broke. Some were black, some were white. Male, female, old, young. White collar and blue collar. I have a guy now who served time in prison and can't read or write. You have some good points. But some of it is just making excuses, which leads to enabling. I have a hard time believing that someone who is in their 5th year of college, is academically eligible, and lives away from home, is totally incapable of comprehending what a car tag expiration date is, what a speed limit sign means, or what a drivers license is. Especially after being arrested for much the same thing a few months prior. I figure he knows, and just doesn't give a rat's ass. And that would make him a lazy idiot.

As far as Champion goes what I said doesn't much apply to him. He's what 22 or 23? He should definitely know better at this point. Especially like you said with his prior issue regarding this.

My point is mainly for those saying 18 and 19 year olds should absolutely know how to do all of this which is simply a bad premise on how things actually work. So I agree as far as Champion goes he's got to know this or I would at least hope he does. If not a lot of people failed him. But for these kids who are coming in and 18 or 19, or are kids coming from JUCO who we don't know as well, they should get some support from the university in this matter.

Lord McBuckethead
08-22-2019, 11:11 PM

Yeah you haven't moved every year for the past 3 years and are currently living out of town from you permanent residence though. Shit happens. Pay the fine.

The important thing is that there is a difference with driving with a suspended license and driving with an expired license. Just a fundamental difference, regardless of how the laws are written.

Lord McBuckethead
08-22-2019, 11:15 PM

Yep. Nailed it. Also, it is easy to forget little things like this. I forget to renew my plates literally every year. Why, cause in the grand scheme of things, it is not high on my to-do list.

msbulldog
08-23-2019, 06:26 AM

I was on my on at 18 and payed my own way through MSU by working. 18 or 19 is plenty old enough to take responsibility, even in a participation trophy generation.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-23-2019, 06:33 AM
I was on my on at 18 and payed my own way through MSU by working. 18 or 19 is plenty old enough to take responsibility, even in a participation trophy generation.

I'm with you. My family was poor. I paid for my own education also. And exited MSU with no debt. And zero arrests in my lifetime.

MetEdDawg
08-23-2019, 06:38 AM

Well there you go. Guess if you did it no matter what everyone else should be able to do it.

Makes sense....Sounds like you have a bias against this generation of kids. Before you start bashing the kids you might want to try dealing with their parents. You should be calling the parents the participation trophy people because a lot of these kids are the way they are because their parents push that crap.

Hence why all 18 year olds aren't the same. Unless you've elevated yourself out of some of the situations I've seen. Like living in a group home, or being 17 and being the sole care provider for your mother. Or having your parents pass away during the school year. All of those are situations I've taught from high school athletes. And guess what? You can be poor and still have a good family unit.

I guess it just shocks me that there are actually people out there that don't take into account variability of upbringing as to how an 18 year old might be able to properly function in society and take care of their business.

yjnkdawg
08-23-2019, 08:38 AM

And if you were in the administration you said you would do this and that and then you post crap like this. Well I'm glad you are not in an administration position at MSU. Some people on this board need to think very carefully before they post anything here. Will they? Probably not.