PDA

View Full Version : Womens Basketball Recruiting news...if Vic pulls this off it will be incredible.

99jc
08-21-2019, 03:33 PM
2020 Class:Recruiting Finalists Tracker updated 8/21/19

#5 Rated player in the country
Kamilla Cardoso, 6-7 C, Hamilton Heights Christian Academy (Chattanooga, TN)/Brazil
Finalists: UConn, Mississippi State, Ohio State, South Carolina, Syracuse

#7 Rated player in the Country
Sarah Andrews, 5-7 PG, Irving MacArthur HS (TX) [espnW #7]
Finalists: Baylor, Florida State, Louisville, Mississippi State, Texas
https://twitter.com/i/status/1162790804290772992

#9 rated player in the country
Priscillia Williams, 6-2 Guard , Katy Texas
Finalists: Fla State Mississippi State, Louisville

What Vic is doing is insane.

KOdawg1
08-21-2019, 03:34 PM
He'll be the first coach at MSU to win a national championship. We struck gold with Vic Schaefer

Lord McBuckethead
08-21-2019, 03:41 PM
I kind of wish Vic was our men's coach. I wonder if we would have a better understanding of spreading the floor and setting up a play.

Ari Gold
08-21-2019, 04:00 PM
I kind of wish Vic was our men's coach. I wonder if we would have a better understanding of spreading the floor and setting up a play.

It’s not the same game... the exact reason you have not seen ONE very successful women’s head coach make the jump to the men’s game.

ZedFedder
08-21-2019, 04:01 PM
What’s our actual chances with these girls?

99jc
08-21-2019, 04:06 PM
What?s our actual chances with these girls?

I've heard with Cardosa she is ours to lose. I am not sure with the other 2.

KOdawg1
08-21-2019, 04:07 PM
It’s not the same game... the exact reason you have not seen ONE very successful women’s head coach make the jump to the men’s game.
And vice versa

Dawg2003
08-21-2019, 04:08 PM
I think we have good chances with Cardoso and Williams. Williams is good friends with Rickea. Cardoso because we have a track record developing posts, and she can be the next big thing here like T. Andrews might be more of a long shot because she is from Texas. Might stay in state. Baylor just dismissed a PG, so that is a position of need there.

ScoobaDawg
08-21-2019, 04:50 PM
I think we have good chances with Cardoso and Williams. Williams is good friends with Rickea. Cardoso because we have a track record developing posts, and she can be the next big thing here like T. Andrews might be more of a long shot because she is from Texas. Might stay in state. Baylor just dismissed a PG, so that is a position of need there.

Andrews was a surprise to be in top 5 when released. She's also on the same hs team as Hannah Gusters, the #9 overall player (Williams is 12 in espn). Hannah is already commited to Baylor.
Cardoso. I don't know how close we with her. We did have an in with her former teammate until Esmery Martinez wasn't able to join us.

I'll take 2 of the 3..as long as we can get Cardoso. She's going to be an absolute beast.