PDA

View Full Version : IS TODAY THE DAY CJM ANNOUNCE THE STARTING QB

Prentis
08-21-2019, 09:17 AM
I think so, what about you guys?

wild_dawg
08-21-2019, 09:18 AM
I hope so, but I don't think it'll be until Saturday.

ShotgunDawg
08-21-2019, 09:23 AM
Saturday

Todd4State
08-21-2019, 09:24 AM
Yes, Joe will announce Tommy Stevens as the starting QB on Saturday.

BuckyIsAB****
08-21-2019, 09:27 AM
That decision has been made for a long time

msstate7
08-21-2019, 09:29 AM
Yes, Joe will announce Tommy Stevens as the starting QB on Saturday.

Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone would be waiting for an announcement... it's decided, and everyone knows. The only question I have is will key get 1st half possessions early in the season

RiverCityDawg
08-21-2019, 09:35 AM
The only question I have is will key get 1st half possessions early in the season

Well I'll go ahead and I'll answer that for you - He won't. Not unless Tommy struggles, but if we learned anything from last year it's that this offense can hum against subpar defenses, so I expect Tommy to look great. We'll see a little bit against UK, but really we'll have to wait until the Auburn game to know if it's going to be different than last year.

Joe is a former QB. Those ex QBs pick a guy and give him leash until it's clear to all that someone else deserves a chance.

TrapGame
08-21-2019, 09:38 AM
Steve said on Bounds this am Tommy will be named the starter Saturday.

Ari Gold
08-21-2019, 09:41 AM
When TS made it official he was coming to MSU he was the starting QB unless he struggled in camp which he didn’t

BiscuitEater
08-21-2019, 09:58 AM
Well I'll go ahead and I'll answer that for you - He won't. Not unless Tommy struggles, but if we learned anything from last year it's ...

Except, '17 Egg Bowl taught us about having a #2 ready to go. If we only see one QB in the first 4 games .. wrong move!

NWADAWG
08-21-2019, 10:05 AM
I don't think it will happen but I think it would be interesting to have them both out there at times and even switch which one lines up at QB and which one lines up at receiver. Both are great athletes so there wouldn't be a huge drop off at receiver on those plays. Also, a jet sweep with either QB possibly taking the ball and going opposite directions and both have legit downfield passing capability would be difficult to scheme against.

ETA - I just saw the post with Steve saying 2 QBS will play...So yeah, what Steve said.

yjnkdawg
08-21-2019, 08:25 PM
Stevens wasn't ordained and told that he would be our starting quarterback before he set foot on campus. He was well versed in our quarterback situation, and had confidence that he could win the starting job. To tell a quarterback you will be a starter before they set foot on campus is an OM thing. It can also cause morale issues with certain players or the team.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-21-2019, 08:51 PM
It can also cause moral issues with certain players or the team.

i assume you mean morale.

yjnkdawg
08-21-2019, 08:56 PM
i assume you mean morale.

Definitely. I have corrected that. Thanks. Guess I'm getting sleepy.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-21-2019, 08:57 PM
Definitely. I have corrected that. Thanks. Guess I'm getting sleepy.

I'm just harassing you a little.

StarkVegasSteve
08-21-2019, 09:00 PM
If KT is up for it, using him like Moorhead used Stevens at PSU could have advantages for us.

yjnkdawg
08-21-2019, 09:06 PM
I'm just harassing you a little.

No worries. I'm glad you caught it before I signed off.

It's amazing how the letter e can completely change a meaning of a word.

Coach34
08-21-2019, 09:18 PM
Stevens has been the starting QB since he signed. Bryant was offered the starting job also but didnt choose us because of WR's

We have added some WR talent and that will help for sure. Looking forward to 2019

KT will likely play some because the game is in NOLA- after that? I wouldnt expect more than a cameo

ShotgunDawg
08-21-2019, 09:24 PM
Stevens has been the starting QB since he signed. Bryant was offered the starting job also but didnt choose us because of WR's

We have added some WR talent and that will help for sure. Looking forward to 2019

KT will likely play some because the game is in NOLA- after that? I wouldnt expect more than a cameo

Do you think Joe will try to RS KT or does he play KT in hopes that he'll graduate ASAP?

Coach34
08-21-2019, 09:26 PM
Do you think Joe will try to RS KT or does he play KT in hopes that he'll graduate ASAP?

No idea there. No reason to RS KT is you think Shrader is your guy sooner than later.

ShotgunDawg
08-21-2019, 09:28 PM
No idea there. No reason to RS KT is you think Shrader is your guy sooner than later.

That will certainly be the thing to watch. If Joe doesn't attempt to RS KT, then we must assume he thinks Shrader is better

BuckyIsAB****
08-21-2019, 09:28 PM

No we will suck and be 4-4 you already said it. You are good at playing both sides of the fence I'll give you that

Coach34
08-21-2019, 09:38 PM
No we will suck and be 4-4 you already said it. You are good at playing both sides of the fence I'll give you that

8-4 is 100% our ceiling. I do like the WR talent we added- how could you not? But Tommy Gunn has a learning curve coming and we play an SEC schedule.

BuckyIsAB****
08-21-2019, 09:43 PM
8-4 is 100% our ceiling. I do like the WR talent we added- how could you not? But Tommy Gunn has a learning curve coming and we play an SEC schedule.

Stevens will be better than Burrow, Corral, Nix, and Arkys transfer from SMU. Mond is ok and Tua is a Heisman candidate. Tied for 2nd in the SECW at QB is pretty good.

HancockCountyDog
08-21-2019, 10:04 PM
Stevens will be better than Burrow, Corral, Nix, and Arkys transfer from SMU. Mond is ok and Tua is a Heisman candidate. Tied for 2nd in the SECW at QB is pretty good.

Burrow was playing really well by end of last season. Let’s watch Stevens put 50 on ULL first.

BuckyIsAB****
08-21-2019, 10:58 PM
Burrow was playing really well by end of last season. Let’s watch Stevens put 50 on ULL first.

Burrow is not any good. He is good enough for them. He is pretty good at not screwing it up

dantheman4248
08-22-2019, 12:52 AM

How on earth is our ceiling 4 losses. Not expectation. CEILING.

OOC ... speaks for itself 4-0.

Ark / OM ... speak for themselves. 6 wins.

A&M & Auburn we both beat by double digits last year. No way can our ceiling season have us lose to teams we beat the previous year. 8 wins.

UK, LSU, Tenn. So these 3 must be automatic losses in the CEILING year.

Yea you have the football knowledge of stingray and the outlook for my school (not yours. take that helmet off your profile pic) as that of any sidewalk idiot rebel fan.

Go do something where you have no oversight over anyone. Lord knows last thing I’d want is my kids being taught anything (sports or otherwise) by this clown.

Coach007
08-22-2019, 01:07 AM
He will be named Thursday....

Lord McBuckethead
08-22-2019, 01:07 AM

8-4 is likely, but the ceiling is 9-3 with losses to 3/4 to bama, auburn, aTm, or LSU. Catch a crazy absolute highest rare ceiling at 10-2. But again 8-4 is likely, not the ceiling.

StarkVegasSteve
08-22-2019, 11:00 AM
That will certainly be the thing to watch. If Joe doesn't attempt to RS KT, then we must assume he thinks Shrader is better

Schrader definitely looked better in the scrimmage last Saturday. Even with that slight hitch in his motion he gets the ball out faster and more decisive than KT. Was very encouraged by what I saw from him compared to what I saw at the spring game.

Pollodawg
08-22-2019, 06:04 PM
How far behind is KT that he couldn?t beat out a guy who barely cracked the two deep at PSU and faced the transfer decision of State and UT Martin or somewhere equally unimpressive?*****

I?m cautiously pessimistic.

bulldawg28
08-22-2019, 06:30 PM

Arky's Qb will be the transfer from Texas A&M Starkel. Burrow is pretty good as well. Hopefully Stephen's is good but he's not proven to be the 2nd best Qb in the West.