PDA

View Full Version : AJ & DK

justwin
08-19-2019, 09:14 PM
So, the first time AJ practices after being "hurt" since the start of NFL camp, he starts a big fight by running his mouth with the patriots. Literally, the last time he played football in college he gets in a fight in the EB and the first pro practice of his career he starts a fight. back to back fights, remarkable sign of character. Titans were doing one of those pro split practices with the Patriots and dude runs his mouth and a pro vet isn't going to put up with that. He's been hurt for some random undisclosed injury and hasn't played a preseason game yet. that dude had one or two SEC Td catches in his career and absolutely rolled up his stats vs the nonconf. I saw the 4Q of vandy om replay on SECN few weeks back, where he caught the td and was such in a dam hurry to celebrate and palm the ball, ruled ineligible and lost the game for them. the only 3 minutes I saw of the replay of the game was that, hahaha.

Next, DK is about to have knee surgery in Seattle and has yet to practice much less play in a preseason game. did he even play in 10 games @ OM?

treadwell being a complete bust.

NFL execs don't miss these kind of trends. what's that nfl line about being available?

If either DK or AJ ever get on the NFL field, I'm curious to see if they can get separation. Big bodies like them don't do well vs professional, seasoned cornerbacks. Oxford literally thought DK was going to be a top 5 pick. Top 5 overall pick.

Todd4State
08-19-2019, 09:18 PM
We need to take advantage of this and develop some WR's ourselves and have them do well in the NFL like many of our other players. I suspect we'll keep improving at WR not that Ole Miss is running the spread option and we're running whatever Joe calls his offense.

I really like our new WR coach too.

Poindexter
08-19-2019, 09:20 PM
If you think the NFL is about separation you must not have watched much of it over the last 10 years. The windows for QB's to complete passes are very small.

KOdawg1
08-19-2019, 09:28 PM
We need to take advantage of this and develop some WR's ourselves and have them do well in the NFL like many of our other players. I suspect we'll keep improving at WR not that Ole Miss is running the spread option and we're running whatever Joe calls his offense.

I really like our new WR coach too.

I do too. Not many WR coaches can tell a kid that they were a former NFL OC. I hope he stays awhile

justwin
08-19-2019, 09:28 PM
right, that's why WRs can get make separation, albeit, small are valuable. I'm saying I'm interested if AJ or DK can even create a small window which in nfl speak is open. treadwell could not.

Jarius
08-19-2019, 09:32 PM
I really hope AJ Brown is selling insurance in Oxford in 3 or 4 years.

Todd4State
08-19-2019, 09:42 PM

He won't be selling anything in Starkville that's for sure.

Jarius
08-19-2019, 09:45 PM
He won't be selling anything in Starkville that's for sure.

He can be like Freddie Millons selling shit at Walgreens.

Todd4State
08-19-2019, 09:46 PM

Ouch!

Maroonthirteen
08-19-2019, 10:24 PM

Roll tide.

thf24
08-20-2019, 05:15 AM
right, that's why WRs can get make separation, albeit, small are valuable. I'm saying I'm interested if AJ or DK can even create a small window which in nfl speak is open. treadwell could not.

You have to run precise, clean routes in the NFL to open those windows barring a mistake from the DB. It's been at least 6-7 years since a receiver left OM with good experience doing that.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-20-2019, 06:34 AM
Next, DK is about to have knee surgery in Seattle and has yet to practice much less play in a preseason game. did he even play in 10 games @ OM?

DK had one catch for eight yards against Denver on August 8. So he has played preseason.

DK put up size/strength/speed numbers at the combine that were unreal. However in the drills that measure quickness, his numbers were worse than Tom Brady.

AJ and DK are going to be interesting to follow. That's for sure.

Johnson85
08-20-2019, 06:35 AM

Are you saying Freddie millions works on the floor of a walgreens? Or is he in management for Walgreens? Nothing wrong with either but I would have thought being a star at Bama would get at worst something significantly better than working the fkooor at Walgreens.

Jarius
08-20-2019, 07:43 AM
Are you saying Freddie millions works on the floor of a walgreens? Or is he in management for Walgreens? Nothing wrong with either but I would have thought being a star at Bama would get at worst something significantly better than working the fkooor at Walgreens.

He’s not in management. Another thing for in state kids to consider when going out of state. At least AJ has people in the state that will take care of him when he’s done. You go out of state you better make sure your career works out because ain’t nobody back home taking care of you.

Martianlander
08-20-2019, 07:48 AM

Selling cars at Cannon maybe.

Jarius
08-20-2019, 07:52 AM
Selling cars at Cannon maybe.

Luckily for him one just opened up a few miles from his house In StarkVegas.

timotheus
08-20-2019, 08:01 AM
DK had one catch for eight yards against Denver on August 8. So he has played preseason.

DK put up size/strength/speed numbers at the combine that were unreal. However in the drills that measure quickness, his numbers were worse than Tom Brady.

He was targeted 5 or 6 times. Mostly drops

msudawglb
08-20-2019, 09:31 AM
So, the first time AJ practices after being "hurt" since the start of NFL camp, he starts a big fight by running his mouth with the patriots. Literally, the last time he played football in college he gets in a fight in the EB and the first pro practice of his career he starts a fight. back to back fights, remarkable sign of character. Titans were doing one of those pro split practices with the Patriots and dude runs his mouth and a pro vet isn't going to put up with that. He's been hurt for some random undisclosed injury and hasn't played a preseason game yet. that dude had one or two SEC Td catches in his career and absolutely rolled up his stats vs the nonconf. I saw the 4Q of vandy om replay on SECN few weeks back, where he caught the td and was such in a dam hurry to celebrate and palm the ball, ruled ineligible and lost the game for them. the only 3 minutes I saw of the replay of the game was that, hahaha.

treadwell being a complete bust.

NFL execs don't miss these kind of trends. what's that nfl line about being available?

If either DK or AJ ever get on the NFL field, I'm curious to see if they can get separation. Big bodies like them don't do well vs professional, seasoned cornerbacks. Oxford literally thought DK was going to be a top 5 pick. Top 5 overall pick.

If you go back and watch most of their college career is yardage off of one of two things: (1) a stutter step hoping the DB bites and then they go long on that DB hesitation or (2) pushing off the DB to get separation while the ball is in the air.

It happened time and time again.

MedDawg
08-20-2019, 10:28 AM
If you go back and watch most of their college career is yardage off of one of two things: (1) a stutter step hoping the DB bites and then they go long on that DB hesitation or (2) pushing off the DB to get separation while the ball is in the air.

Yep.

justwin
08-20-2019, 10:51 AM

yep, you're correct, I was wrong on his participation that game. I just looked that up. 4 targets that game with one 8 yard catch.

justwin
08-20-2019, 10:52 AM
He was targeted 5 or 6 times. Mostly drops

thanks for confirming. didn't know he dropped some.

justwin
08-20-2019, 10:55 AM

got it, agree. I just remember watching the OM vs Auburn game this year early in the day. OM actually had it close while Auburn was self destructing. OM gets down within the 10 needing to score a TD to make it interesting and AJ jumps offsides one play so penalty moving them back. Then, does one of those studder wiggles off the line you're talking about for a quick slant and he heard footsteps and drops in traffic. I think they may have missed the FG later, but cant remember. Then, Auburn just ran it every play since and rolled them. But AJ did not step up in that moment and got a garbage TD late when it didn't matter.