PDA

View Full Version : Gunnar Halter

bulldogcountry1
08-19-2019, 05:52 PM
I saw a tweet where he announced that he would be playing at OK City University for his senior year.

I?m confused. Wasn?t he drafted? Why give up that opportunity and transfer?

Cooterpoot
08-19-2019, 05:58 PM
It’s what he does.

Homedawg
08-19-2019, 06:29 PM
I saw a tweet where he announced that he would be playing at OK City University for his senior year.

I?m confused. Wasn?t he drafted? Why give up that opportunity and transfer?

He wasn't drafted. And he didn't have a spot here. Hope that clears it up.

msbulldog
08-19-2019, 06:52 PM
Hail State!

timotheus
08-19-2019, 07:03 PM
He was listed as a transfer to Arkansas Little Rock a few weeks ago. Guess he changed his mind

AlSwearengen
08-19-2019, 08:36 PM
He should pitch.

Todd4State
08-19-2019, 08:45 PM
He should pitch.

This is true. But he has to accept that and I'm not sure if he really has or ever will.

Poindexter
08-19-2019, 09:14 PM
I don't think he squared up more than half a dozen balls this year. How that guy hit a bunch of homers in JC is a mystery other than bp type of pitching. There is no chance that guy will ever hit decent pitching with that swing.

Randolph Dupree
08-20-2019, 08:15 AM
I think ultimately he knows if he wants to have a shot at MLB he has to pitch, he just wants to be a position player. My guess is he's thinking he is going to give that a shot as long as he can but will take what he can get in the end. I hope it works out for him.

Tbonewannabe
08-20-2019, 09:57 AM
I think ultimately he knows if he wants to have a shot at MLB he has to pitch, he just wants to be a position player. My guess is he's thinking he is going to give that a shot as long as he can but will take what he can get in the end. I hope it works out for him.

The problem with that is he will be behind in his pitching development. Cole Gordon has actually been promoted already because he worked on his pitching. Halter has to decide if he really wants a chance to play MLB or just wants to play as long as he can as a position player. It isn't a given that pitching will get him there but if you can't hit SEC pitching then you have zero chance making MLB. You do have a chance throwing 95 off the bump if you can locate and have another pitch.