PDA

View Full Version : Matt Wyatt Video On Kylin Hill

ShotgunDawg
08-19-2019, 10:18 AM
Good stuff here by Matt.

Although I am reminded of what BS that call at Bama was. Just awful. If Bama gets called for the fumble on it's opening drive & this penalty isn't thrown, are we down 14-7 at halftime or maybe 14-10 because we would've had the ball in Bama territory on the opening drive? Just awful officiating in that one

I think Kylin is poised for a huge year, but I've been trying to put my finger on what exactly he lacks. Just seems like Aeris Williams always had that elite vision & ability to never lose yardage, while Kylin has more big play capability, he seems to miss more opportunities than Aeris. Just doesn't seem quite as efficient. I've never coached football, but am I seeing that correctly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSqQIo8DF0w

DownwardDawg
08-19-2019, 10:34 AM
I don’t usually buy into the bias refereeing BS, but that game was just pure awful. I don’t get mad about losing to Bama ever, but last year I could have thrown something through my television.

TrapGame
08-19-2019, 10:47 AM
I don’t usually buy into the bias refereeing BS, but that game was just pure awful. I don’t get mad about losing to Bama ever, but last year I could have thrown something through my television.

Just FYI to your point: I watched the 2008 replay of the SECCG w/ Bama and Florida. Bama jumped off sides on defense. The refs picked the flag up and said no foul.

Tbonewannabe
08-19-2019, 10:53 AM

So Bama loses two fumbles around midfield that don't get called and the refs take away a TD from MSU and you think they did a bad job?*****

Jack Lambert
08-19-2019, 10:57 AM
I don?t usually buy into the bias refereeing BS, but that game was just pure awful. I don?t get mad about losing to Bama ever, but last year I could have thrown something through my television.

Unfortunately I buy it. They are human with human emotions. They have to live in the community they live in. They have to hear about. They have to do business with fans of schools in the area where they live. When you see Gumps killing 100 year old tree's and see Gumps Tea Bagging past out LSU fans at a Krystal and filming it, when you have fans from Arkansas driving to Starkville and painting the side of the stadium, when a booster is willing to pay a high school coach 150K just to help influence and kid to go to Alabama, there are some bat shit crazies fans out there. Also to add, they are not above a bribe.

On the other hand if a guy has problem and is worried he should not be a ref.

Bothrops
08-19-2019, 11:52 AM
Bama is the only pointless game on our schedule every year. I would stop playing it now, and not play it again for as long as the tyranny of Saban still around over there. **** those people.

DownwardDawg
08-19-2019, 12:00 PM
So Bama loses two fumbles around midfield that don't get called and the refs take away a TD from MSU and you think they did a bad job?*****

Haha!

thf24
08-19-2019, 12:19 PM
I think Kylin is poised for a huge year, but I've been trying to put my finger on what exactly he lacks. Just seems like Aeris Williams always had that elite vision & ability to never lose yardage, while Kylin has more big play capability, he seems to miss more opportunities than Aeris. Just doesn't seem quite as efficient. I've never coached football, but am I seeing that correctly?

In my uneducated opinion, I'd agree that the main thing he's appeared to be missing thus far in his career is patience and vision. At some point during a lot of plays he appeared to give up on finding the lane and just look for someone to hit. It's natural that he'd be short on that element his freshman year, and last year it may have been tough to show improvement there when the offense wasn't working right and hardly anyone was comfortable with what they were doing (yet still ran for 700+ yards).

R2Dawg
08-19-2019, 12:28 PM
I don?t usually buy into the bias refereeing BS, but that game was just pure awful. I don?t get mad about losing to Bama ever, but last year I could have thrown something through my television.

Another game Bama stole from us; how any unbiased fan or even biased Bama fan can't see how one sided that game was called is beyond me.

HancockCountyDog
08-19-2019, 12:56 PM
I think Kylin is poised for a huge year, but I've been trying to put my finger on what exactly he lacks.

Last year he lacked the ball. if you take away the AU and KSU games - he had 77 carries in 9 games.

So yeah, he needs the ball and RTGDF.

Lord McBuckethead
08-19-2019, 01:18 PM
8.5 carries a game are not going to cut it.

Todd4State
08-19-2019, 01:42 PM
Being healthy and not having Aeris and Nick around will all contribute to an increase in carries.

Todd4State
08-19-2019, 01:42 PM
8.5 carries a game are not going to cut it.

I'm expecting 10-15 a game and then 2-3 receptions for Kylin.

msstate7
08-19-2019, 01:54 PM
I'm expecting 10-15 a game and then 2-3 receptions for Kylin.

Barkley got 19.4 carries/game as junior and 16.7 per game as senior. I think we need to be at that 16 mark

Matt3467
08-19-2019, 02:01 PM
I tried rewatching that Alabama game but I just can't. I've never gotten so upset watching a football game in my life. I'm angry at Fitz, I'm angry at our WRs (I'm thinking of O Mitchell right now), I'm angry at Joe (for never challenging anything), I'm angry at the refs. Watching Bama play just isn't fun. Like someone said earlier I wish we could just erase that game from our schedule. It's never fair.

Todd4State
08-19-2019, 02:06 PM
Barkley got 19.4 carries/game as junior and 16.7 per game as senior. I think we need to be at that 16 mark

19 seems a little high but 16 seems reasonable.

Lord McBuckethead
08-19-2019, 03:34 PM
16 carries no doubt. Now I still believe Aeris should have been the starter last year. He just always performed well. Even with Aeris starting ir vice versa, both should have had 12-14 carries a game last year. Fitz definately called his own number.

Todd4State
08-19-2019, 04:03 PM
16 carries no doubt. Now I still believe Aeris should have been the starter last year. He just always performed well. Even with Aeris starting ir vice versa, both should have had 12-14 carries a game last year. Fitz definately called his own number.

I think we used Kylin and Aeris appropriately. I prefer two running back systems like we had with Bouie/Michael Davis and Dontae/Dicenzo mainly because of the beating that they take. Sadly, I think Keefer/JJ would have been the best duo we would have ever had.

Anyway, both Kylin and Aeris both averaged almost the exact same numbers per carry. Aeris rarely if ever was tackled behind the LOS and was a better blocker but Kylin was a better receiver and much more explosive with the ball in his hands. Now, playing both took away some carries from both. And I do agree that Fitz hogged the ball and made too many wrong reads at times which also took away from both.

MSUDAWGFAN
08-20-2019, 10:49 AM
I tried rewatching that Alabama game but I just can't. I've never gotten so upset watching a football game in my life. I'm angry at Fitz, I'm angry at our WRs (I'm thinking of O Mitchell right now), I'm angry at Joe (for never challenging anything), I'm angry at the refs. Watching Bama play just isn't fun. Like someone said earlier I wish we could just erase that game from our schedule. It's never fair.

I used to believe it evens out, and probably in most games it does. Where I really got upset was when I found out Rob Skelton, son of former Alabama Bob Skelton, is officiating Alabama football games, and that Alabama Alum Steve Shaw is the head of SEC officiating, that did it for me.

To any Alabama fan, I simply ask this question - Does any of this matter? Because if it doesn't, then let me be the official when MSU plays Alabama next year. I would be your financial advisor/referee all in one. Go take your money to Vegas and bet it all on MSU. The only thing Alabama might win on the day would be the coin toss.

This cost us in 2017 when Skelton said RIdley was forced out of bounds. It cost us in 2014 when Bear Wilson was tackled in the end zone. Not saying we would have won any or all of these games, but at least we should get a fair chance.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-20-2019, 01:03 PM
Screw Matt Wyatt, he just had Scott Striklin on his radio show to update us on the Florida Gators :rolleyes: