PDA

View Full Version : Still Pulling for Whop and family

Coach007
08-18-2019, 11:39 AM
It sound like he may not return right now. They have a time frame for him to return but that they would support him in what ever he decided.

I really hope we keep the door open for the kid. Find a way to get him an extra year based on his circumstances if needs be maybe.

and there's a chance of transferring to a school closer to home.

Bothrops
08-18-2019, 11:54 AM
It seems to me that he could be really homesick.

Cooterpoot
08-18-2019, 11:55 AM
Likely transferring out

Coach007
08-18-2019, 12:00 PM
It seems to me that he could be really homesick.

Not sure, but everything I have read or been told is it's a family issue and he is home helping with that. If this kid needs to closer home to be by his family... again.. that's a grown man showing character.

Coach34
08-18-2019, 12:06 PM
I urge you to wait until it plays out before believing the home issue story. Transfer is possible and some locations being looked at are as far or farther away than Sville.

ShotgunDawg
08-18-2019, 12:10 PM
I urge you to wait until it plays out before believing the home issue story. Transfer is possible and some locations being looked at are as far or farther away than Sville.

Why would it not be a home issue?

He lost weight, looked to be in great shape, & by all indications had a good scrimmage last weekend. What would be his reason for leaving?

MetEdDawg
08-18-2019, 12:16 PM

He lost weight, looked to be in great shape, & by all indications had a good scrimmage last weekend. What would be his reason for leaving?

I wish all of those things actually caused other problems that people get into and thoughts and feelings they have to magically disappear and be non existent.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-18-2019, 12:22 PM

Whop wasn't at the scrimmage last weekend.

Dawg2003
08-18-2019, 12:27 PM

Maybe he just doesn't want to play at State anymore.

ShotgunDawg
08-18-2019, 12:36 PM
Maybe he just doesn't want to play at State anymore.

Maybe. Just seems odd for someone to buy in & lose weight, only to quit halfway through Fall practice.

Cowbell
08-18-2019, 12:45 PM
Is this a Marcus Dupree situation? (Other than he’s not a starter)

Dawg2003
08-18-2019, 12:54 PM
Maybe. Just seems odd for someone to buy in & lose weight, only to quit halfway through Fall practice.

I agree it seems odd.

Coach007
08-18-2019, 01:23 PM
At the 4 minute mark, he is asked about Whop

https://youtu.be/0o4IXIMGATc?t=258

Dawgology
08-18-2019, 02:19 PM

Some folks spouting home issue are going to be embarrassed. I would imagine he won?t be back at state.

Coach007
08-18-2019, 02:28 PM
Some folks spouting home issue are going to be embarrassed. I would imagine he won?t be back at state.

Why? Even if it's that he is home and his family is helping him through issues.... Why would anybody be embarrassed for expressing support for whatever the issue is?

chef dixon
08-18-2019, 03:38 PM
Of course we want him on the team but was expecting more from him as a freshman last year. Usually skill players that are the real deal are able to make some plays as a freshman. May never pan out for him here it seems

BeastMan
08-18-2019, 05:24 PM
I think folks need to reserve judgement on this one

Jack Lambert
08-18-2019, 07:55 PM

Really? Embarrassed?

Hambone
08-18-2019, 08:05 PM
Not that this doesn’t happen at EVERY university, but our players seem to be having some crappy luck in life..... Marcus Murphy, Whop, Michael Story (IF it’s true the EX GF didn’t come get her dog like I’ve heard)

Once again, we don’t follow hardly other university so I’m sure bad things happen everywhere, this just seems like a good bit lately.

Bothrops
08-18-2019, 08:57 PM
What do you mean embarrassed, Dawgo?

BiscuitEater
08-18-2019, 09:06 PM
Some folks spouting home issue are going to be embarrassed.

Guess that would be Coach JoeMo, right?

Coach34
08-18-2019, 09:22 PM
McNeese State is almost 4 hours from Nola. So when someone says he may transfer due to a home issue yet looks into going to an in-state school where he can play immediately 4 hours away doesnt hold water.

bulldawg28
08-18-2019, 09:25 PM
McNeese State is almost 4 hours from Nola. So when someone says he may transfer due to a home issue yet looks into going to an in-state school where he can play immediately 4 hours away doesnt hold water.

Nor does a suspension that the NCAA decides whether it's 4-8 games that you've said. if he's going to Mcneese your initial story was terrible.

Uncle Ruckus
08-18-2019, 09:45 PM
His family is on the West Bank and it is 3 hours max from McNeese where Starkville is 4.5. It?s not a huge difference, but it?s closer. So, as usual, you are here spewing negative shit

Coach34
08-18-2019, 09:45 PM
Nor does a suspension that the NCAA decides whether it's 4-8 games that you've said. if he's going to Mcneese your initial story was terrible.

He will be suspended at McNeese as well. Thus the problem. He has already RS'ed. If he goes to a big school he sits all year and loses a year of eligibility. He goes 1-AA he plays probably half a season. He goes juco it has to be done ASAP. He has a huge decision to make.

Coach34
08-18-2019, 09:47 PM
His family is on the West Bank and is 3 hours max McNeese where Starkville is 4.5. It’s not a huge difference, but it’s closer. So, as usual, you are here spewing negative shit

Google said 3:45. Does 3:45 and 4.5 make a difference in "life circumstances"?

Uncle Ruckus
08-18-2019, 09:48 PM
You are proving you know less and less about him and his situation. He didn’t redshirt. He played in all 13 games. Take a lap.

Uncle Ruckus
08-18-2019, 09:51 PM
It’s 3 hours max. And just to make sure I put it in google maps as well and it says 3 hours and 9 minutes from the West Bank. That’s a 1.5 hour difference - 3 hour round trip. Yeah. That makes a difference.

Coach34
08-18-2019, 10:11 PM
You are proving you know less and less about him and his situation. He didn’t redshirt. He played in all 13 games. Take a lap.

My bad on the RS- he still has it but he doesnt want to use it. He thinks he should be starting and really resented his lack of playing time in 2018

Coach34
08-18-2019, 10:13 PM
It’s 3 hours max. And just to make sure I put it in google maps as well and it says 3 hours and 9 minutes from the West Bank. That’s a 1.5 hour difference - 3 hour round trip. Yeah. That makes a difference.

https://www.bing.com/search?FORM=SLBRDF&PC=SL06&q=New+Orleans+to+McNeese+State

You dont uproot your life and change your career over a 45 minute drive

Coach34
08-18-2019, 10:16 PM
and thats not to say he wont go to Tulane or somewhere else close and RS, I'm simply talking about options being considered.

Coach007
08-18-2019, 10:37 PM
Whatever he does for whatever reason will be known at some point. Right now...... He has decisions that have to be made and I'm still pulling for him and his family

BeardoMSU
08-18-2019, 10:44 PM

Ouch.
https://memeguy.com/photos/images/when-i-get-called-out-for-reposting-a-gif-129559.gif

Todd4State
08-18-2019, 10:48 PM
Not that this doesn?t happen at EVERY university, but our players seem to be having some crappy luck in life..... Marcus Murphy, Whop, Michael Story (IF it?s true the EX GF didn?t come get her dog like I?ve heard)

Once again, we don?t follow hardly other university so I?m sure bad things happen everywhere, this just seems like a good bit lately.

The good news is what goes around comes around. So hopefully our players have some good.

Dawgology
08-18-2019, 11:44 PM
Guess that would be Coach JoeMo, right?

Coach is choosing his words carefully and saying what he has to right now. I believe he said a personal issue not family issue. Anyway, it?ll be alright with the WR talent Coach is starting to bring in.

msbulldog
08-19-2019, 06:06 AM
Hoping for the best for Whop!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-19-2019, 08:35 AM
It sound like he may not return right now. They have a time frame for him to return but that they would support him in what ever he decided.

I really hope we keep the door open for the kid. Find a way to get him an extra year based on his circumstances if needs be maybe.

and there's a chance of transferring to a school closer to home.

Once again....he gone.

bulldawg28
08-19-2019, 08:41 AM
He will be suspended at McNeese as well. Thus the problem. He has already RS'ed. If he goes to a big school he sits all year and loses a year of eligibility. He goes 1-AA he plays probably half a season. He goes juco it has to be done ASAP. He has a huge decision to make.

Gotcha

Tbonewannabe
08-19-2019, 08:51 AM
Gotcha

So what would the point be to leaving? He just isn't happy with playing time? It seems like he was ready to be 2nd string with the ability to move up if he produces. If he would be suspended the same amount at another school then is it just for a "fresh start"?

Maroonthirteen
08-19-2019, 10:43 AM
So what would the point be to leaving? He just isn't happy with playing time? It seems like he was ready to be 2nd string with the ability to move up if he produces. If he would be suspended the same amount at another school then is it just for a "fresh start"?

IIRC, wasn’t he the guy that there was some question about his commitment close to signing day? He has always seemed luke warm at best about his stay at MSU.

Tbonewannabe
08-19-2019, 10:51 AM
IIRC, wasn’t he the guy that there was some question about his commitment close to signing day? He has always seemed luke warm at best about his stay at MSU.

I think he was the guy who cried out of sheer joy when he signed his paperwork, I could be wrong. Of course being a Louisiana kid and not getting interest from LSU could have been an issue for him.

Coach007
08-19-2019, 10:54 AM

Not that he's gone yet, but let's explore Play Time.

Payton and Mitchell return. You have Williams and Gardner (who is killing it). Then you add Heath, Patterson, Butts, and Ducking. That's pretty good talent. Maybe he wants a clearer path.?? I don't know.

But I do know this, if it's more about him and his feelings, it's not helping him with the team. I know I would be like "I'm busting my ass and he's at home chilling and now he just shows up"... so I don't think that's it.

I still believe that it centers around his family.

bulldawg28
08-19-2019, 11:38 AM

To me there would be no point in leaving if the reasoning stated is accurate.

Coach007
08-19-2019, 11:47 AM
To me there would be no point in leaving if the reasoning stated is accurate.

Correct.

-Can't sit out a year using a RS due to suspension(if he is one of those)
- Transferring still results in suspension

The only things that makes sense:

- It is a family thing and he wants to be closer
- he sees no future at Ms St and wants to beat another place

Bothrops
08-19-2019, 12:11 PM
He should have stayed put. It seems we never sign all the receivers that commit to us, and we lose 3 starters off the roster after this season. Plus there is an opportunity for him to play more this year.

Dawgology
08-19-2019, 05:24 PM
Correct.

-Can't sit out a year using a RS due to suspension(if he is one of those)
- Transferring still results in suspension

The only things that makes sense:

- It is a family thing and he wants to be closer
- he sees no future at Ms St and wants to beat another place

It could definitely be something else.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-19-2019, 08:35 PM
Steve is reporting Whop is back on campus & staying at MSU. So there's that.

Coach34
08-19-2019, 09:44 PM

I hope so. Great kid and he is talented.

Todd4State
08-19-2019, 09:45 PM

That's really good news. I would imagine a lot of us had issues in college and looked at transferring at some point and after evaluating the situation decided that staying was the best thing after getting some space.

Coach007
08-19-2019, 10:31 PM
So in other words... He ain't gone

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-19-2019, 10:42 PM

So was he or was he not gone at any point?

KOdawg1
08-19-2019, 10:50 PM

He was in New Orleans as of a few days ago. He missed some practice and Saturday's scrimmage. However, like IYOK said, he is back. We need to remember to keep him in our prayers. He's a good kid.

Homedawg
08-19-2019, 11:05 PM
I hope his problems are resolved at home. He has 2+ years here left. Hope he makes the most of it.

bulldawg28
08-19-2019, 11:08 PM

Another bad source strikes again.
He gone, he's definitely gone, he'll never play football anywhere again.
Coach Mo showing he's got what it takes to be a successful SEC coach.

Homedawg
08-19-2019, 11:26 PM
Another bad source strikes again.
He gone, he's definitely gone, he'll never play football anywhere again.
Coach Mo showing he's got what it takes to be a successful SEC coach.

Well considering the circumstances, outside of home life, it made zero sense to leave. Coach is right on that.

chef dixon
08-20-2019, 07:59 AM
Huge dick measuring contest going on here leading up to the season

BrunswickDawg
08-20-2019, 08:02 AM
Huge dick measuring contest going on here leading up to the season

I'm pretty sure its a small dick measuring contest.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-20-2019, 08:11 AM
He was in New Orleans as of a few days ago. He missed some practice and Saturday's scrimmage. However, like IYOK said, he is back. We need to remember to keep him in our prayers. He's a good kid.

OK I was just making sure that at some point he was in fact gone

msu15
08-20-2019, 08:20 AM
He needs to redshirt this year

capofirstfret
08-20-2019, 09:09 AM
https://phillipcarterblog.files.wordpress.com/2019/08/whop.png

Just sayin, some of y'all's sources are bad.

Dawgology
08-20-2019, 10:01 AM
Color me shocked. Must have worked out a deal of sorts. Interesting. VERY interesting.

Tbonewannabe
08-20-2019, 10:10 AM
Color me shocked. Must have worked out a deal of sorts. Interesting. VERY interesting.

Whop actually responded to Joel's tweet with "In God's Hands". So hopefully they are working something out so he can stay at MSU.

Dawgology
08-20-2019, 10:14 AM
Whop actually responded to Joel's tweet with "In God's Hands". So hopefully they are working something out so he can stay at MSU.

I hope so. That would be great news.

BeastMan
08-20-2019, 10:14 AM
He needs to redshirt this year

Lmao why?

Turfdawg67
08-20-2019, 11:30 PM
Once again....he gone.

Yeah, I'm sure that's what you meant... sources. Lolz.