PDA

View Full Version : Suspensions, per sources

Magician12
08-16-2019, 09:52 PM
2 second stringers suspended (LB that is very impactful) the rest should be non impact players. Should be announced tomorrow.

KOdawg1
08-16-2019, 09:53 PM
So Willie Gay

msstate7
08-16-2019, 09:54 PM
Autry and whop?

Todd4State
08-16-2019, 09:59 PM
Autry and whop?

I wouldn't consider Autry to be "non-impact".

KOdawg1
08-16-2019, 09:59 PM
I'm just hoping it's not like 8 games. Keep it around 4 and we'll be fine.

KOdawg1
08-16-2019, 10:00 PM
Autry will be a starter, so if (IF) what he's saying is true, then it's not him.

msstate7
08-16-2019, 10:00 PM

I'm hoping it isn't him. Just really going by what C34 said the other night. Autry is a big loss at a position we really can't afford it

Cooterpoot
08-16-2019, 10:05 PM
It’s not just a couple 2nd stringers.

chef dixon
08-16-2019, 10:09 PM
OP makes no sense

ATTILLA THE DOG
08-16-2019, 10:15 PM
2 second stringers suspended (LB that is very impactful) the rest should be non impact players. Should be announced tomorrow.

I don't give a shit, if we send 11 walkons out there,I will be pulling for them . Win lose or draw.

DancingRabbit
08-16-2019, 10:32 PM
Will the CL have a special Sunday pull-out section? **

Magician12
08-16-2019, 10:42 PM
We’ll see. Hearing everything has been overblown by the boards. If wrong, will never post again (6 posts in). Feel pretty confident though.

Todd4State
08-17-2019, 12:50 AM

Seven day front page series.**

Todd4State
08-17-2019, 12:51 AM
Autry will be a starter, so if (IF) what he's saying is true, then it's not him.

Yep. That was my first thought when I read the post. Which would be good.

Todd4State
08-17-2019, 12:53 AM
We’ll see. Hearing everything has been overblown by the boards. If wrong, will never post again (6 posts in). Feel pretty confident though.

Eh. I gave you some rep. We'll find out soon enough I suppose. Although if Rosebowl asks him about it tomorrow like he is planning on doing it may not go over very well considering the Horka stuff. I won't hate on you if you're wrong.

Dawg61
08-17-2019, 01:24 AM
Eight straight months of listening to looming suspensions is so fun. Can't wait to do it all again soon.**

TUSK
08-17-2019, 02:06 AM

solid.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DancingRabbit again.

msbulldog
08-17-2019, 05:55 AM
Man, I'm just ready to learn the truth, damn all the speculation.

MarketingBully
08-17-2019, 07:35 AM
Man, I'm just ready to learn the truth, damn all the speculation.

Me too.

MarketingBully
08-17-2019, 07:36 AM
It’s not just a couple 2nd stringers.

I’ve learned that everything is not as bad as you say it is.

MCsMGs
08-17-2019, 08:35 AM
I?ve learned that everything is not as bad as you say it is.

That's probably the safest bet on this board.

starkvegasdawg
08-17-2019, 08:35 AM

If it's bad as rumored they'll be pulling out something. Typing their next articles one handed and squinting.

Jack Lambert
08-17-2019, 02:10 PM
If it's bad as rumored they'll be pulling out something. Typing their next articles one handed and squinting.

If it was as bad as they said the CL would have been speculating all along. Have not heard one jack shit out of them during this whole time and anything negative they can report on state they will do it.

yjnkdawg
08-17-2019, 02:18 PM
If it was as bad as they said the CL would have been speculating all along. Have not heard one jack shit out of them during this whole time and anything negative they can report on state they will do it.

The OM people who still pretty much run the CL would love to do that, but they can't afford publishing something that backfires on them and getting sued. No media person, who has any sense at all, is going to publish anything until they know it to be reliable and a fact.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
08-17-2019, 02:24 PM
If wrong, will never post again.

This is the kind of post we need from dog61, Misstake7, and Liverdog

msstate7
08-17-2019, 02:54 PM

I've made several ban bet offers. I let a couple guys skate after losing. I'm not scared to make that offer at all... like me or not, I'm right more than wrong

Liverpooldawg
08-17-2019, 02:55 PM

Or you. :)

DancingRabbit
08-17-2019, 03:08 PM
I've made several ban bet offers. I let a couple guys skate after losing. I'm not scared to make that offer at all... like me or not, I'm right more than wrong

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HeftyLankyBat-size_restricted.gif

MarketingBully
08-17-2019, 03:11 PM
I will say this. I owe people apologies on this one: Rouge and Homedog come to mind. Regardless of what happens their info was right. It?s probably not as bad as some are saying but imo we need better oversight in this department. This is embarrassing that a university like ours let this happen. I?m mad at them not the posters.

MarketingBully
08-17-2019, 03:19 PM
The OM people who still pretty much run the CL would love to do that, but they can't afford publishing something that backfires on them and getting sued. No media person, who has any sense at all, is going to publish anything until they know it to be reliable and a fact.

Correct because this will get you sued in a heartbeat due to FERPA. They won’t come out with a scathing article until MSU issues a public statement about it but it’s coming especially since we reported this to the NCAA. That will get FOIA’d and we will have to release it. Wish we had a fail safe in place before things like this got to Bracky. This should never have gotten to where it did IMO.

yjnkdawg
08-17-2019, 03:25 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/U9CFWw4zEzlDO/giphy.gif

msstate7
08-17-2019, 04:10 PM

Haha... you not gonna bite? I've certainly been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
08-17-2019, 05:04 PM
Or you. :)

I’m good with pretty much any logical bet you want to come up with to get you banned. That includes all MSU boards and all directional California boards as well.

Dawg61
08-17-2019, 07:14 PM
Our fans and this board in particular...

Been observing from afar for awhile and we as a fan base have gotten more fractured by the day and it's ****ing old. It's become a who can be right, who can be right first, who can talk shit about someone to make themselves feel better and on and on with pathetic acts by a lot of people. And it's become the norm and it's gonna stop on this board.

We joke a lot about eating our own but that's what's really happening. Too quick to go after people who are truly bulldogs but you may not like or appreciate their efforts on things or some of their opinions. Too quick to just rip peoples asses who try to provide an insight or some information. Too quick to show how much better you are on a message board. Too much bullshit against each other.

This board was started bc of a unanimous hate of everything ole miss and the want to be uncensored in all things destructive and derogatory to ole miss. Unfortunately over time it's becoming too much of trying to destroy our own and I take some responsibility in that bc I am part of the piece that's let it continue.

This place needs to get back to what it was which is hating ole miss and talking State sports. The negativity on here needs to get tempered to warranted things and the infighting which has become the norm will stop. I don't give a shit how it happens but it's gonna happen.

It's football time. It's time to rally around our program and choke out the ridiculous bullshit posters that spew garbage all the time. By no means is it all sunshine and unicorns but **** the eating our own at every turn to make yourself feel better is gonna get choked out.

Merry Christmas....holeee shit wheres the Tylenol.

I’m good with pretty much any logical bet you want to come up with to get you banned. That includes all MSU boards and all directional California boards as well.

https://media.giphy.com/media/QWqH7oRfHwVKwb8YDL/giphy.gif

PMDawg
08-17-2019, 07:52 PM

Get a life dude.

starkvegasdawg
08-17-2019, 08:17 PM
Get a life dude.

I'm betting now...

https://media0.giphy.com/media/LBk2nfepzFcxa/giphy.gif

Ezsoil
08-17-2019, 08:32 PM

Huh? I don't guess you read the New York Times ....

Todd4State
08-17-2019, 09:10 PM

This is true.

But after the Horka incident I have a feeling it's going to be a lot more difficult for any of the media people to get the inside news on MSU before any of us know it as well.

Jack Lambert
08-18-2019, 05:07 PM

If those boys from KY with the MEGA hats could not sue the media for what happen to them then the CL is pretty damn safe and add in the fact most of the judges are ole miss people in the state. They could do what they want.

RougeDawg
08-19-2019, 09:39 PM
I will say this. I owe people apologies on this one: Rouge and Homedog come to mind. Regardless of what happens their info was right. It?s probably not as bad as some are saying but imo we need better oversight in this department. This is embarrassing that a university like ours let this happen. I?m mad at them not the posters.

No apologies needed but thank you. I hate to see bad things happen to our university. It should bother all of us. Especially I hate seeing things supposedly under our control come out with negative consequences. If something occurs outside of reasonable control and/or oversight, it is difficult to point fingers. This really is inexcusable. Hate it for the student athletes to be affected like this. We can only hope they all learn a life lesson and become better people.

Coach34
08-19-2019, 09:42 PM
We have guys suspended and its going to hurt. Thats the bottom line. DT has been hurt hard. We have our work cut out for us. It's going to be rough in SEC games

RougeDawg
08-19-2019, 09:46 PM
We have guys suspended and its going to hurt. Thats the bottom line. DT has been hurt hard. We have our work cut out for us. It's going to be rough in SEC games

How many people have been fired over this? They need to set an example to prevent this from ever happening again.

state66
08-19-2019, 10:28 PM

Just like Whop wasn't a family issue and was going to transfer? You’re are doomsday everything.

Coach007
08-19-2019, 10:34 PM
Just like Whop wasn't a family issue and was going to transfer? You’re are doomsday everything.

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP. 9Eynr1CldU3oGWMj47IUCQHaFj%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Coach34
08-19-2019, 10:36 PM

I never said he was 100% gone. I always said I wanted him to stay. But he did look at options. As was discussed- his suspension goes everywhere he does so it doesnt really help him to leave- even if its to !-AA

Homedawg
08-19-2019, 10:45 PM

Ya don't say.... wow. Who woulda thought it....

KOdawg1
08-19-2019, 10:52 PM

We need to hope and pray that the NCAA grants Allen Love immediate eligibility. That'll at least give us another body in a position of need.

Homedawg
08-19-2019, 11:01 PM
We need to hope and pray that the NCAA grants Allen Love immediate eligibility. That'll at least give us another body in a position of need.

Now this is true.... again I wouldn't hold my breath

RezDog7
08-19-2019, 11:07 PM

It's been reported by the CL that you have pencil dick that the little blue pill couldn't inflate. Is that why you're so angry?

QuadrupleOption
08-20-2019, 09:33 AM
Well, we have two conflicting source reports. One side says "No big deal, no one we'll really miss too much" and the other says "It's going to suck and ruin our season."

I guess the only thing left to do is wait and see. I'm not going to get worked up about rumor and speculation.

Hambone
08-20-2019, 11:06 AM
Whop was also gone and not coming back, so people with their sources have been pretty lame lately

Homedawg
08-20-2019, 11:46 AM
It's not going ruin our season. It's going to sting in a couple of spots. And obviously, we will be short on bodies which hurts ST and depth.

RiverCityDawg
08-20-2019, 12:00 PM
No apologies needed but thank you. I hate to see bad things happen to our university. It should bother all of us. Especially I hate seeing things supposedly under our control come out with negative consequences. If something occurs outside of reasonable control and/or oversight, it is difficult to point fingers. This really is inexcusable. Hate it for the student athletes to be affected like this. We can only hope they all learn a life lesson and become better people.

You were most vocal in your implication that KT would not be available for at least the first game. Not trying to play "gotcha", but curious as to whether you are sticking by that at this point. When we're up by 30+ in the 4th quarter, is KT coming in for TS or will it be one of the freshmen?

gravedigger
08-20-2019, 12:00 PM
It's not going ruin our season. It's going to sting in a couple of spots. And obviously, we will be short on bodies which hurts ST and depth.

And by 'sting' I think it means we'll give up yardage on the ground we didnt expect to in non conference games and the UK and UT games could be closer than we want due to us having a weaker run defense. Overall though, we will be far from "ruined".

Which, not to worry. That comment will be long intentionally forgotten when it fails to come to fruition.

starkvegasdawg
08-20-2019, 12:09 PM
Regardless, we have a game in a couple weeks. Whoever we run out there I'll praise when they do well and dog cuss when they screw up. Then at the end of the game we'll see how the dust settles.

biggun
08-20-2019, 01:17 PM
I hope what I just heard about the length of the suspensions for 2 VERY KEY Defensive players is not correct. If true, WOW, just WOW.

Not Good.

msstate7
08-20-2019, 01:21 PM
I hope what I just heard about the length of the suspensions for 2 VERY KEY Defensive players is not correct. If true, WOW, just WOW.

Not Good.
8 games?

Liverpooldawg
08-20-2019, 01:56 PM
Here is a rumor: The people who actually KNOW what is going on aren't positing about it on the internet.

MCsMGs
08-20-2019, 02:04 PM
Here is a rumor: The people who actually KNOW what is going on aren't positing about it on the internet.

That's not a rumor...that's a fact...or, did you just forget the***?

Wait! Upon further review...none were needed!

chef dixon
08-20-2019, 02:21 PM
Yea been a tough week for sources

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-20-2019, 02:34 PM

Problem is nobody knows other than the administration knows exactly what is going on. Frankly I don't want to know and wish Steve and the like would drop it. I get everybody wants to break a story, but to the detriment of the program?

msstate7
08-20-2019, 02:42 PM
Problem is nobody knows other than the administration knows exactly what is going on. Frankly I don't want to know and wish Steve and the like would drop it. I get everybody wants to break a story, but to the detriment of the program?

Not really sure what's so detrimental about finding out this week vs next week. The program is hurt by the athletes doing what gets them suspended, not when people find out about the inevitable

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-20-2019, 02:48 PM
Not really sure what's so detrimental about finding out this week vs next week. The program is hurt by the athletes doing what gets them suspended, not when people find out about the inevitable

Not until the media gets a hold of it. Steve and the others are looking for the reason they were suspended, not just who is suspended. If it's an academic issue and MSU can keep it under wraps, it's best for the program.

msstate7
08-20-2019, 02:50 PM
Not until the media gets a hold of it. Steve and the others are looking for the reason they were suspended, not just who is suspended. If it's an academic issue and MSU can keep it under wraps, it's best for the program.

The suspensions are long. There won't be any hiding it's a major issue.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-20-2019, 02:52 PM
The suspensions are long. There won't be any hiding it's a major issue.

Student privacy laws are powerful. I bet you never officially hear why they were suspended.

biggun
08-20-2019, 07:16 PM
8 games?

Yep

Coach34
08-20-2019, 07:38 PM
We lost 3 DT's from last season. One was a 1st round pick and the other two are highly likely to make a roster in the NFL. That hurts and everybody knows it.

Now, lets remove our best returning DT and 2 others in the rotation for 8 of our 12 games. Our DT's will get single blocked alot this year and that is a killer because the LB's wont be free to run to the ball like last year because they will have OL guys in the face constantly.

Shoop is going to earn his money this year.

HoopsDawg
08-20-2019, 08:39 PM
We lost 3 DT's from last season. One was a 1st round pick and the other two are highly likely to make a roster in the NFL. That hurts and everybody knows it.

Now, lets remove our best returning DT and 2 others in the rotation for 8 of our 12 games. Our DT's will get single blocked alot this year and that is a killer because the LB's wont be free to run to the ball like last year because they will have OL guys in the face constantly.

Braxton Hoyett just graded the highest of any Titans defender in their last pre-season game.

HoopsDawg
08-20-2019, 08:43 PM

Not Good.

Willie and Autry?

MrKotter
08-20-2019, 09:23 PM
Willie and Autry?
Nobody here posting about it knows a damn thing. Not sure why people keep asking these morons?

biggun
08-20-2019, 09:29 PM
Willie and Autry?

Yes

Coach007
08-20-2019, 10:53 PM

See, we can agree on things.

Either way, he is going to figure it out.

deadheaddawg
08-20-2019, 11:04 PM
I have a source whose sorces told him all this suspension talk is just unsourced rumors leaked by Moorhead to uncover any sources who are spreading rumors and to uncover the source of any leaks. ... in fact the 8 game suspensions will be for.......

All y'all's sources. They will be put on an 8 game paid administration leave and will have all source credentials revoked

ShotgunDawg
08-20-2019, 11:06 PM
Bigger question is: do we get to choose the games?

Yes, an 8 game suspension is bad, but if the 4 games they are play are against LSU, Auburn, A&M, & LSU, then I think we can survive

Coach007
08-20-2019, 11:42 PM
Bigger question is: do we get to choose the games?

Yes, an 8 game suspension is bad, but if the 4 games they are play are against LSU, Auburn, A&M, & LSU, then I think we can survive

The best you can hope for if it all boils down to 8 players for that many games is that your depth is built and your few starters are rested for down the stretch. The NCAA still has Love to rule on. He's been practicing and going through it like everybody else, but I have not heard much about vs the young guys there. Lovett is actually getting more praise than Love...

In the end, it forces guy to step up.. ON BOTH sides of the ball. We may have to pull our defense through some games. It sucks for Moorhead though.

Bothrops
08-20-2019, 11:55 PM
8 players for 8 games including 2 DT and a starting LB could reduce our wins to a bottom tier bowl and mass hysteria within the fanbase during the off season. Sure as hell hope it ain't that.

MarketingBully
08-21-2019, 06:34 AM
Well, we have two conflicting source reports. One side says "No big deal, no one we'll really miss too much" and the other says "It's going to suck and ruin our season."

I guess the only thing left to do is wait and see. I'm not going to get worked up about rumor and speculation.

Never go with the all doom and gloom or the it?s no big deal. I think this is somewhere in the middle. But either way what we should be pissed at is one ****ing tutor did this.

MarketingBully
08-21-2019, 07:07 AM

The tutor was kicked out of school but what I want to know is how did this get so far that it affected multiple sports and a number of athletes. How did it go so far that we found out about this too late that we had to turn it over to Bracky. There should have been procedures followed where we have a middle man to prevent this from even happening to where it doesn?t get to our compliance arm. Who vetted this tutor and had oversight on them? They kind of fell asleep at the wheel there. That?s what I want to know.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-21-2019, 07:16 AM

We actually lost 4 that contributed. Tre Brown, Braxton Hoyett, Jeffrey Simmons, and Cory Thomas. And also Grant Harris that didn't really contribute. Autry is the only contibutor back. We have a bunch of youth and inexperience inside. It's a real concern.

basedog
08-21-2019, 08:00 AM
Next man up! Way too much negative about the season, time will tell and why worry and get your panties in a wad?

Offense from looking on the outside and on paper looks the best it's been in a while.

I've seen and heard worse, Msu will survive so take a deep breathe and stop with all the "it's soooo bad", again next man up!

Oh I ain't pumping sunshine nor I'm I ready to jump off DWS, enjoy and be happy. I have come to realize rumors destroy fans. I read where some on here blame Joe for ticket sales this year, if that is true then message boards play a big part, but so does ticket prices and tv game. It's hot as Haiti as well and that doesn't doesn't help.

Tbonewannabe
08-21-2019, 08:11 AM
8 players for 8 games including 2 DT and a starting LB could reduce our wins to a bottom tier bowl and mass hysteria within the fanbase during the off season. Sure as hell hope it ain't that.

We should still win our 4 OOC games. We should also win UK, UM, Ark, and maybe UT. UT has lost Oline and they are planning on starting freshmen at both OT positions. Even with losing those guys, we will still have a better defense than UM and Ark, probably UK.

I still expect 7 wins with a shot at 8, I just think the losses are not going to be close now. I think losing these players probably cost us a chance at an upset like LSU at home or AU/A&M on the road.

RocketDawg
08-21-2019, 06:50 PM

Correct. In the end, it's the players' responsibilities to not do things that get them suspended. If somebody needs to ride herd on them 24 hrs per day, then you don't want that player anyway.

yjnkdawg
08-21-2019, 07:29 PM
I imagine our administration is trying to find the correct time and method of releasing the information. Whether it is this week or next week should have no bearing on the outcome of any football games that we play. Basically just people wanting to know. If they plan to put out a press release to the media, then the normal best time is to put it out after the close of business on Friday afternoon. That is the normal time that you put out a press release to the media when it is negative or bad news. Even better if it is a holiday weekend, but that's not applicable in this case. I doubt they will call a press conference, but that's possible.

BeardoMSU
08-21-2019, 07:34 PM
I doubt they will call a press conference, but that's possible.

If they do, lets just hope it doesn't resemble OM's hostage video.

yjnkdawg
08-21-2019, 07:39 PM
If they do, lets just hope it doesn't resemble OM's hostage video.

Yeah, I agree Beardo. I doubt they will announce via a press conference. . I would think it will be a written release ( statement ) to the media.

Tbonewannabe
08-21-2019, 07:47 PM
Yeah, I agree Beardo. I doubt they will announce via a press conference. . I would think it will be a written release ( statement ) to the media.

It could be next Friday before the game so it gets buried with the start of football.

yjnkdawg
08-21-2019, 07:51 PM
It could be next Friday before the game so it gets buried with the start of football.

We may have a winner here.

On second thought, I'm not sure if that is the best time. The Friday before the game may not be the the best time, because of ESPN's scrolling capabilities on the bottom of the screen. Could be too little of time from the issuance of the release to our kickoff making it possibly a key topic of discussion on Saturday. My guess would be after the close of business this Friday, if they do release a written statement to the media.

Todd4State
08-21-2019, 08:23 PM

We may have a winner here.

On second thought, I'm not sure if that is the best time. The Friday before the game may not be the the best time, because of ESPN's scrolling capabilities on the bottom of the screen. Could be too little of time from the issuance of the release to our kickoff making it possibly a key topic of discussion on Saturday. My guess would be after the close of business this Friday, if they do release a written statement to the media.

I bet we don't announce it until gameday. If at all. I don't believe we had a press conference when Fitzgerald was suspended. It will just be "Willie Gay didn't play today. And etc."

yjnkdawg
08-21-2019, 08:31 PM
I bet we don't announce it until gameday. If at all. I don't believe we had a press conference when Fitzgerald was suspended. It will just be "Willie Gay didn't play today. And etc."

That would be the ideal way to handle it Todd. However will the media and some MSU message board posters allow that to become a reality? That's why I said if they do release a written statement to the media.

msstate7
08-21-2019, 08:33 PM

That would work fine for 1 game... 8, probably not

Todd4State
08-21-2019, 08:40 PM
That would be the ideal way to handle it Todd. However will the media and some MSU message board posters allow that to become a reality? That's why I said if they do release a written statement to the media.

Well, the message boards aren't media. The rumors are going to happen and already have. After the way Horka handled the Michael Story incident- they probably don't have much of a choice about how they handle it.

We all know what the deal is. The media I'm sure knows too. However, there are student privacy laws. I don't pay much attention to basketball- did MSU say what Nick Weatherspoon did? I'm fairly certain MSU will handle this the exact same way.

yjnkdawg
08-21-2019, 08:46 PM

How many people are actually confident that it is 8 games? There is only one person that I know said 8, and that was a poster on this board. Maybe it's more that are confident, but i don't read every post made on here.

Liverpooldawg
08-21-2019, 08:48 PM
If it's due to academic violations you may not see any announcement at all. They just won't play and that's when you will know.

msstate7
08-21-2019, 08:51 PM
How many people are actually confident that it is 8 games? There is only one person that I know said 8, and that was a poster on this board. Maybe it's more that are confident, but i don't read every post made on here.

I'm not sure. I'm no insider by any stretch though. Someone who knows their stuff told me, and it matched what was being said here by others.

Coach34
08-21-2019, 08:51 PM
Dont expect anybody to say shit. Just look on Sat as to who is warming up and who is not dressed out.

Todd4State
08-21-2019, 08:54 PM
Dont expect anybody to say shit. Just look on Sat as to who is warming up and who is not dressed out.

Everyone buy a program at the Superdome!

yjnkdawg
08-21-2019, 08:54 PM
Well, the message boards aren't media. The rumors are going to happen and already have. After the way Horka handled the Michael Story incident- they probably don't have much of a choice about how they handle it.

We all know what the deal is. The media I'm sure knows too. However, there are student privacy laws. I don't pay much attention to basketball- did MSU say what Nick Weatherspoon did? I'm fairly certain MSU will handle this the exact same way.

If they did it was a pretty broad statement (nothing specific), but actually I don't even remember any kind of written or verbal statement being issued by our administration.. Only that he was not available to play or suspended, or something to that effect.

msstate7
08-21-2019, 08:55 PM
Everyone buy a program at the Superdome!

Or binoculars... well, some of you probably get better seats than me

Todd4State
08-21-2019, 08:56 PM
If they did it was a pretty broad statement (nothing specific), but actually I don't even remember any kind of written or verbal statement being issued by our administration.. Only that he was not available to play or suspended, or something to that effect.

That's what I remember too. But like I said I don't pay that much attention to basketball so I wasn't 100% sure. If MSU had said it was due to academic violations it would have been all over the Clarion-Ledger and discussed ad nauseum.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-21-2019, 09:00 PM
I think with weatherspoon they just said "undisclosed violation of team rules".

I don't think they get specific.

yjnkdawg
08-21-2019, 09:00 PM
Or binoculars... well, some of you probably get better seats than me

LOL Good one 7. I have some old ones I haven't used for many years. Were actually made in the US.

BeardoMSU
08-21-2019, 10:06 PM
That's what I remember too. But like I said I don't pay that much attention to basketball so I wasn't 100% sure. If MSU had said it was due to academic violations it would have been all over the Clarion-Ledger and discussed ad nauseum.

Cohen definitely seems to run a tight ship. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see a similar approach with this issue as well.

Cloak
08-22-2019, 03:32 PM
I've got a good source saying 10 suspended, 8 games. We choose which 8. NW has to sit out 10 games as well.

Covercorner2
08-22-2019, 03:38 PM
I've got a good source saying 10 suspended, 8 games. We choose which 8. NW has to sit out 10 games as well.

How many starters?

Cloak
08-22-2019, 03:46 PM
How many starters?

Supposedly only 2.

TrapGame
08-22-2019, 03:49 PM

So, the OOCs, maybe UK, definitely Ark. That's 6.

gtowndawg
08-22-2019, 03:52 PM

if true, that's going to hurt. I don't care if only 2 are starters we are bound to lose good depth as well. Add some injuries at key positions and we could have some trouble on our hands.

thf24
08-22-2019, 03:55 PM
So, the OOCs, maybe UK, definitely Ark. That's 6.

Probably OM too leaving a dilemma between Tennessee or A&M, though I wonder if we'd consider sacrificing Bama to be at full strength for both those depending on how things are looking midseason.

TrapGame
08-22-2019, 03:55 PM
if true, that's going to hurt. I don't care if only 2 are starters we are bound to lose good depth as well. Add some injuries at key positions and we could have some trouble on our hands.

I've heard most are special teams guys. Don't know if true but that's what I've heard.

TrapGame
08-22-2019, 03:57 PM
Probably OM too leaving a dilemma between Tennessee or A&M, though I wonder if we'd consider sacrificing Bama to be at full strength for both those depending on how things are looking midseason.

I'd go Bama and OM. We need a win at Tennessee. A&M's way more winnable than Bama.

RiverCityDawg
08-22-2019, 04:01 PM

Probably also depends on the positions affected too. Is it spread around or are we hit with 3 guys or so at one position? In which case you might not want to load them all on the same games. The non-conf games are no brainers regardless of position, but after that it gets a little tricky.

Homedawg
08-22-2019, 04:02 PM
There's no damn way we let these guys miss ole miss. I don't want to leave any chance Why play them against bama? We aren't beating them anyway.

Cloak
08-22-2019, 04:03 PM
There's no damn way we let these guys miss ole miss. I don't want to leave any chance Why play them against bama? We aren't beating them anyway.

Agree

thf24
08-22-2019, 04:03 PM
Probably also depends on the positions affected too. Is it spread around or are we hit with 3 guys or so at one position? In which case you might not want to load them all on the same games. The non-conf games are no brainers regardless of position, but after that it gets a little tricky.

Good point, I was mainly just thinking in terms of the key DT rumored to be suspended since that's where it'll hurt the most.

KOdawg1
08-22-2019, 04:04 PM

Correct. If we lose to Bama, it's just another year. If we lose to Ole Miss, then it's a miserable next 365 days

MetEdDawg
08-22-2019, 04:05 PM
I'd go Bama and OM. We need a win at Tennessee. A&M's way more winnable than Bama.

Bama would be the correct answer for sure if we had to pick 8. Four OOC, UK, Arkansas, Bama, and one more. OM probably the correct answer as well as the 8th game.

KOdawg1
08-22-2019, 04:10 PM

That seems to be consistent with what others have hinted at. Sounds like it will only hurt defensively and mostly at DT. Not devastating, but it stings a bit.

Homedawg
08-22-2019, 04:12 PM
Bama would be the correct answer for sure if we had to pick 8. Four OOC, UK, Arkansas, Bama, and one more. OM probably the correct answer as well as the 8th game.

I'm trying to have the best chance at 8 wins. Sit em auburn, bama LSU A&M.

MarketingBully
08-22-2019, 04:15 PM
10 players 8 games each? No freaking way. Look I get the doom and gloom but I doubt it’s that many and they ALL got the 2/3 of a season clip. We are talking one ****ing tutor and one class!

Covercorner2
08-22-2019, 04:15 PM

Wut?

KOdawg1
08-22-2019, 04:16 PM
10 players 8 games each? No freaking way. Look I get the doom and gloom but I doubt it’s that many and they ALL got the 2/3 of a season clip. We are talking one ****ing tutor and one class!

That's what Steve and others have hinted at.

TrapGame
08-22-2019, 04:19 PM

Are you serious, Clark?

8 games is a little much compared to what the NCAA has let other teams get away with. I think 4 should be the limit.

BayouDawg
08-22-2019, 04:26 PM
The estimated suspension time goes up a little each day lol. At this rate itll be up to 60 games by the time we kickoff!!

FriarsPoint
08-22-2019, 04:26 PM
10 players 8 games each? No freaking way. Look I get the doom and gloom but I doubt it?s that many and they ALL got the 2/3 of a season clip. We are talking one ****ing tutor and one class!

Agreed. Seriously, it?s like a one year probation.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-22-2019, 04:30 PM
Are you serious, Clark?

8 games is a little much compared to what the NCAA has let other teams get away with. I think 4 should be the limit.

Is the NCAA suspending our players or did we do it proactively?

MarketingBully
08-22-2019, 04:32 PM
Do ten players take the same damn chemistry class? Now I don’t doubt that a couple may get 8 games but the chances of ten players and one basketball player taking the same chemistry class and all getting one tutor to take their exam seems dumb and idiotic to me.

Homedawg
08-22-2019, 04:36 PM
10 players 8 games each? No freaking way. Look I get the doom and gloom but I doubt it?s that many and they ALL got the 2/3 of a season clip. We are talking one ****ing tutor and one class!

No way huh..... But ok.

Homedawg
08-22-2019, 04:37 PM
Wut?

Trying to have the best chance to win 8. Not like we are winning 10 anyway. So yeah.

Todd4State
08-22-2019, 04:39 PM
Do ten players take the same damn chemistry class? Now I don’t doubt that a couple may get 8 games but the chances of ten players and one basketball player taking the same chemistry class and all getting one tutor to take their exam seems dumb and idiotic to me.

A lot of them do have the same major. It used to be education psychology when I was at MSU. Not sure if that has changed or not. I had classes with several football players. And by several I mean probably 1/3 of the team as I was an education major as well.

HancockCountyDog
08-22-2019, 04:41 PM
Are you serious, Clark?

If this is true, that is a massive hit for depth this year. 10 players? so we will be about 73-74 scholarship players for 2/3 of the season? Really?

Covercorner2
08-22-2019, 04:59 PM
Trying to have the best chance to win 8. Not like we are winning 10 anyway. So yeah.

So let me get this straight, you think there is no chance of beating LSU, A&M or AU at full strength?

chef dixon
08-22-2019, 05:04 PM
You miss 8 games you might as well miss the season. No rhythm, chemistry. The next man up will probably be playing at a higher level by then. Maybe Gay could plug and play at a high level. The strategic ?pick the game suspension? seems silly. Just sit the first 8, if that is even what the penalties are.

Ari Gold
08-22-2019, 05:05 PM
This is on the players no doubt and they are to blame .. but if anyone thinks our compliance department isn’t playing checkers while all the other compliance departments in the SEC are playing chess then y’all are sadly mistaken.. it’s embarrassing...

Homedawg
08-22-2019, 05:05 PM
So let me get this straight, you think there is no chance of beating LSU, A&M or AU at full strength?

No I didn't say that. I think there is no chance to beat bama yes. Next two least likely auburn and A&M then LSU Bc it's at home. But, as I said, I'm trying to give us the best chance to win 8. You don't have to agree w me about the best way to do the suspensions. That's fine. They aren't asking me or you anyway jmo

msstate7
08-22-2019, 05:06 PM
How we feel about 2nd string lbs?

Todd4State
08-22-2019, 05:07 PM
This is on the players no doubt and they are to blame .. but if anyone thinks our compliance department isn’t playing checkers while all the other compliance departments in the SEC are playing chess then y’all are sadly mistaken.. it’s embarrassing...

As I said about a week ago- we have a history of over-penalizing ourselves.

I'm also concerned about some of our transfers in football having trouble qualifying while other schools seem to have no issue. Specifically Waitmann and the DT from Louisville.

Todd4State
08-22-2019, 05:08 PM

We mainly are going to play two LB's anyway. I think Tim Washington while he's not Willie Gay is a senior who is a solid player. Aaron Brule has really impressed me when he has played.

Homedawg
08-22-2019, 05:09 PM
As I said about a week ago- we have a history of over-penalizing ourselves.

I'm also concerned about some of our transfers in football having trouble qualifying while other schools seem to have no issue. Specifically Waitmann and the DT from Louisville.

We didn't self impose this. But I understand the frustration with it. It's amazing the same compliance Dept got Danberry eligible, but love isn't. Who knows.

Todd4State
08-22-2019, 05:10 PM
You miss 8 games you might as well miss the season. No rhythm, chemistry. The next man up will probably be playing at a higher level by then. Maybe Gay could plug and play at a high level. The strategic ?pick the game suspension? seems silly. Just sit the first 8, if that is even what the penalties are.

To me, it probably makes more sense to sit out the first eight anyway. That way if there are any injuries or whatever later in the year you may have someone fresh and ready to play.

Todd4State
08-22-2019, 05:11 PM
We didn't self impose this. But I understand the frustration with it. It's amazing the same compliance Dept got Danberry eligible, but love isn't. Who knows.

It seems to be more of an issue specifically with football. I don't know why. We have gotten baseball transfers in with no issues either.

FriarsPoint
08-22-2019, 05:19 PM

Wait, so the issue of NCAA jurisdiction over academics should be settled with the UNC case but we didn’t self impose this?

BeardoMSU
08-22-2019, 05:34 PM
This is on the players no doubt and they are to blame .. but if anyone thinks our compliance department isn?t playing checkers while all the other compliance departments in the SEC are playing chess then y?all are sadly mistaken.. it?s embarrassing...

When the **** are we going to knock this shit out and finally sit at the table with all the adults, rather than the short plastic chairs in the kiddie room?

BuckyIsAB****
08-22-2019, 05:39 PM

Leo Lewis and Errol Thompson is a good group. Lacks athleticism but will be solid. Aaron Brule is going to be the next good one and Washington plus Kilby Lane we can survive it but Willie Gay is elite

RocketDawg
08-22-2019, 05:47 PM
Do ten players take the same damn chemistry class? Now I don?t doubt that a couple may get 8 games but the chances of ten players and one basketball player taking the same chemistry class and all getting one tutor to take their exam seems dumb and idiotic to me.

I suspect it's quite rare for a football and basketball player to even take a chemistry class.

MarketingBully
08-22-2019, 05:48 PM
This is on the players no doubt and they are to blame .. but if anyone thinks our compliance department isn?t playing checkers while all the other compliance departments in the SEC are playing chess then y?all are sadly mistaken.. it?s embarrassing...

Why not sniff this shit out before it gets to compliance. If I?m in the admin and 11 players or more in multiple sports are taking a specific elective I?m paying special attention to said elective. This could easily have been sniffed out before stupid ass cheating took place. This is embarrassing that it happened period and more then the tutor should have been kicked out of school for this. The person who hired and vetted said tutor should be fired imo.

MarketingBully
08-22-2019, 05:51 PM
I suspect it's quite rare for a football and basketball player to even take a chemistry class.

Especially considering two of the biggest ones hit have an undecided major and a psychology major.

RocketDawg
08-22-2019, 05:51 PM
A lot of them do have the same major. It used to be education psychology when I was at MSU. Not sure if that has changed or not. I had classes with several football players. And by several I mean probably 1/3 of the team as I was an education major as well.

I took 144 hours plus a seemingly infinite number of 1-hour labs that really lasted about 10 hours at MSU and to the best of my knowledge there was never a single athlete of any kind in any of those classes.

MarketingBully
08-22-2019, 05:55 PM
Especially considering two of the biggest ones hit have an undecided major and a psychology major.

And the other you guys name is In interdisciplinary studies. This shit should have been sniffed out when they looked at this roster. Chemistry seems like a weird elective to take don’t you think?

MarketingBully
08-22-2019, 05:59 PM
Todd so we have an undecided major, an interdisciplinary study major and a psychology major all taking a Chemistry class....seems like a weird elective to me to take that doesn’t have anything to do with your major. Seems like some red flags in our admin should have gone up. We were asleep at the wheel on this until it came to the enforcement part. I just wish we could have done something before the stupidity ensued...

bulldawg28
08-22-2019, 06:26 PM
Leo Lewis and Errol Thompson is a good group. Lacks athleticism but will be solid. Aaron Brule is going to be the next good one and Washington plus Kilby Lane we can survive it but Willie Gay is elite

Leo and Errol are both athletic LB's.

DancingRabbit
08-22-2019, 06:34 PM
Leo and Errol are both athletic LB's.

Errol is more like an athletic monster. Can't wait to see him destroying people again.

yjnkdawg
08-22-2019, 06:35 PM

I think we need a lawyer in that position, with a background, who has NCAA compliance experience, or who is well versed in dealing with NCAA compliance matters and sanctions. I doubt we will ever see that anytime soon. OM is way ahead of us in that respect.

dawgs
08-22-2019, 06:35 PM
The person who hired and vetted said tutor should be fired imo.

Right because 20 year old college kids tutoring athletes have a long storied history that's easily vetted. Come on, I get the frustration/anger, but costing someone their livelihood cause a student tutor crosses the line "helping" athletes that couldn't have been predicted? Now obviously if there's more to the story where the tutor was directed to "help" athletes, then keep moving up the chain, but this idea that someone doing some dumb shit without a history of it should result in a father, husband, contributing member of society being fired and having to carry that with them their entire careers is ludicrous. Society has gotten way to overzealous with who should be fired and held responsible for another's bad actions committed on their own directive. Everyone has to be more outraged and angry than everyone else to prove they are adequately pissed off and that means calling for heads even if that someone had no reason to be concerned until the information at issue comes to light.

yjnkdawg
08-22-2019, 06:41 PM
Why not sniff this shit out before it gets to compliance. If I?m in the admin and 11 players or more in multiple sports are taking a specific elective I?m paying special attention to said elective. This could easily have been sniffed out before stupid ass cheating took place. This is embarrassing that it happened period and more then the tutor should have been kicked out of school for this. The person who hired and vetted said tutor should be fired imo.

It's not as easy to do as what you say you would do if you were in the MSU administration. Sorry but that's just not the reality of it.

dawgs
08-22-2019, 06:44 PM
Someone who is more of an "insider" than me will probably point out this was organic chemistry 2 or some shit, but I remember way back in my day ~20 years ago, there was a low level chemistry elective for non-STEM majors. So something like that seems like a course like that wouldn't be all that out of place for a bunch of athletes.

yjnkdawg
08-22-2019, 06:54 PM
Someone who is more of an "insider" than me will probably point out this was organic chemistry 2 or some shit, but I remember way back in my day ~20 years ago, there was a low level chemistry elective for non-STEM majors. So something like that seems like a course like that wouldn't be all that out of place for a bunch of athletes.

I doubt anybody has that specific information on the course(s), but after your post it wouldn't surprise me if somebody did say that.

MarketingBully
08-22-2019, 07:04 PM
Right because 20 year old college kids tutoring athletes have a long storied history that's easily vetted. Come on, I get the frustration/anger, but costing someone their livelihood cause a student tutor crosses the line "helping" athletes that couldn't have been predicted? Now obviously if there's more to the story where the tutor was directed to "help" athletes, then keep moving up the chain, but this idea that someone doing some dumb shit without a history of it should result in a father, husband, contributing member of society being fired and having to carry that with them their entire careers is ludicrous. Society has gotten way to overzealous with who should be fired and held responsible for another's bad actions committed on their own directive. Everyone has to be more outraged and angry than everyone else to prove they are adequately pissed off and that means calling for heads even if that someone had no reason to be concerned until the information at issue comes to light.

Dumb shit is maybe one or two tops but this tutor “helped” at least 11 or so according to these guys on here. That’s more then some dumb indiscretion and someone in the admin should pay for this shit. If you are bad at your job you shouldn’t be rewarded for it.

Ari Gold
08-22-2019, 07:04 PM
I think we need a lawyer in that position, with a background, who has NCAA compliance experience, or who is well versed in dealing with NCAA compliance matters and sanctions. I doubt we will ever see that anytime soon. OM is way ahead of us in that respect.

Ding ding ding.. we have a winner. It doesn’t even have to be that big of an upgrade but damn It wouldnt be hard at all to get someone in there more qualified .. also
Is time to upgrade a lot of other positions as well.

dantheman4248
08-22-2019, 07:05 PM
Wait is this really over a Survey of Chem 1 test (an online class) being taken by a tutor? ****in lol. I took that class and got an A and then went on to tutor for it myself. It's all online and has up to 350 people taking it. All I'll say is how they could catch someone else taking an exam for you is if you couldn't possibly be taking it at the time it shows (ie during practice) AND someone rats that they took it. Just wow.

Coach34
08-22-2019, 07:48 PM
Wait is this really over a Survey of Chem 1 test (an online class) being taken by a tutor? ****in lol. I took that class and got an A and then went on to tutor for it myself. It's all online and has up to 350 people taking it. All I'll say is how they could catch someone else taking an exam for you is if you couldn't possibly be taking it at the time it shows (ie during practice) AND someone rats that they took it. Just wow.

or they could take the test while said player was in Arkansas warming up for the game. Then said tutor gets called in and squeals like a pig about his money-making scheme off the players. Admin doesnt cover up- they investigate and make sure all is found and then sings like a bird to the NCAA and begs forgiveness. 10 players 8 games each says the NCAA. It's a killer to the DT position and hurts depth every Sat. Holy Lord dont let us get a DT hurt

dantheman4248
08-22-2019, 08:03 PM
or they could take the test while said player was in Arkansas warming up for the game. Then said tutor gets called in and squeals like a pig about his money-making scheme off the players. Admin doesnt cover up- they investigate and make sure all is found and then sings like a bird to the NCAA and begs forgiveness. 10 players 8 games each says the NCAA. It's a killer to the DT position and hurts depth every Sat. Holy Lord dont let us get a DT hurt

So you’re saying this is stuff that happened under Mullen?

FriarsPoint
08-22-2019, 08:03 PM

Then what the hell was the whole NCAA case(and defeat) against UNC all about? This is a serious case of sticking your finger in the socket. I’m not so sure I wouldn’t play em anyway.

Coach34
08-22-2019, 08:10 PM
So you’re saying this is stuff that happened under Mullen?

I'm saying this is why we have 10 players suspended plus a basketball player. All after Mullen left.

dawgs
08-22-2019, 08:27 PM
Dumb shit is maybe one or two tops but this tutor ?helped? at least 11 or so according to these guys on here. That?s more then some dumb indiscretion and someone in the admin should pay for this shit. If you are bad at your job you shouldn?t be rewarded for it.

If the below is true, then where was the evidence prior to the Arkansas game that there was cheating? If the higher ups immediately investigated at the first smell of bullshit, then there's no need to start firing people. Sometimes folks cover shit up pretty well and no one could reasonably know what's going on without privacy violations, it's when the evidence comes out, did they respond or ignore it/bury it/become complicit in it that should determine whether one is fired or not for hiring a ****ing student tutor.

RocketDawg
08-22-2019, 08:29 PM

If the tutor and player just had to cheat on tests, sounds like the tutor needed tutoring on when to take the tests for them. Might be lucky it was just suspensions instead of being kicked off the team and/or out of school.

mparkerfd20
08-22-2019, 08:34 PM
Personally I don't give a shit if they cheated. They aren't there for education anyway. They are there to play football and football only. Cut out all the bullshit and stop forcing them to get an education if they don't want one while the school makes millions off their play.

Homedawg
08-22-2019, 08:35 PM
Personally I don't give a shit if they cheated. They aren't there for education anyway. They are there to play football and football only. Cut out all the bullshit and stop forcing them to get an education if they don't want one while the school makes millions off their play.

Oh my...

dantheman4248
08-22-2019, 08:37 PM
I'm saying this is why we have 10 players suspended plus a basketball player. All after Mullen left.

Well Nick was held out of that game "AT ARKANSAS" (and every game thereafter) so you're telling me this all came up on a Saturday (no way that teacher is looking at the times those tests are taken on a saturday in feb AND able to get the coach's attention to hold him out) or the "AT ARKANSAS" was in 2017-2018.

Orrrrrr you're "at arkansas" comment is wrong.

Captain Falcon
08-22-2019, 08:43 PM
You people saying we should?ve told the NCAA to suck it know full and well that could?ve easily blown up in our face. Right about the time we did that would?ve been the time they decided to really crack down on cases like UNC. Sure let?s go fight the NCAA and drag this thing out like Ole Miss did. Some of y?all are too mad about them not getting the death penalty to realize that the NCAA did a lot of damage. They went from playing in back to back NY6 games to three straight losing seasons, significantly worse recruiting classes for multiple years, and having to promote their mediocre OL coach to head man. And there?s a good chance they will be really bad this year.

Our situation sucks, and I?m not saying Bracky is perfect, but he?s in a position where he?s going to be the bad guy no matter what. He?s trying to save us from getting hammered by the NCAA, and he?s done a good job of that in the last decade or so. It starts and stops with the players involved. You don?t want to be suspended? Don?t freaking cheat, or if you have to cheat, don?t be a moron about it.

TrapGame
08-22-2019, 08:45 PM

I see what your saying.

I think some of these universities would be better off offering trade school educations to athletes. Welders can make some serious money. Travelling welders even more and underwater welders are in high demand and can make six figures easy. If baseball or football players wants to major in astrophysics or nuclear engineering more power to them but I think universities should offer trade degrees.

Coach34
08-22-2019, 08:54 PM
Well Nick was held out of that game "AT ARKANSAS" (and every game thereafter) so you're telling me this all came up on a Saturday (no way that teacher is looking at the times those tests are taken on a saturday in feb AND able to get the coach's attention to hold him out) or the "AT ARKANSAS" was in 2017-2018.

Orrrrrr you're "at arkansas" comment is wrong.

I'm telling you that Nick Weatherspoon took a test on Saturday while he was on a trip to Arkansas. He dressed out and was warming up for the game-then Howland was called and told he couldnt play Nick that night. Then they grilled the tutor and found out the rest of the info.

And here we are

dantheman4248
08-22-2019, 09:03 PM
I'm telling you that Nick Weatherspoon took a test on Saturday while he was on a trip to Arkansas. He dressed out and was warming up for the game-then Howland was called and told he couldnt play Nick that night. Then they grilled the tutor and found out the rest of the info.

And here we are

And I'm telling you that that story does not add up. At all.

Take a big step back and ask yourself how does that Saturday really go down. Seriously I want you to think about what that story says.

You have to A. have Nick doing something basketball related at that moment and provable that he wasn't taking the test himself., B. The tutor taking the test on a Saturday (Yikes)., C. Someone in authority (ie the teacher) CHECKING this stuff on a Saturday., D. The teacher (or whomever) having a way to quickly get word to Howland on a Saturday while he is out of town on a gameday., E. A way to verify all of this minutes before the game (why would they even expect cheating??)

Do you see where there is way too many coincidences going on there? Not saying there wasn't cheating going on. That much I'm sure. But it sounds a lot more like the tutor went vindictive towards nick over something and sang like a bird to said teacher / authority when they intentionally took the test during a time he could not possibly have taken it and intentionally tried to sabatoge him. Which one sounds more plausible?

Coach34
08-22-2019, 09:14 PM

Take a big step back and ask yourself how does that Saturday really go down. Seriously I want you to think about what that story says.

You have to A. have Nick doing something basketball related at that moment and provable that he wasn't taking the test himself., B. The tutor taking the test on a Saturday (Yikes)., C. Someone in authority (ie the teacher) CHECKING this stuff on a Saturday., D. The teacher (or whomever) having a way to quickly get word to Howland on a Saturday while he is out of town on a gameday., E. A way to verify all of this minutes before the game (why would they even expect cheating??)

Do you see where there is way too many coincidences going on there? Not saying there wasn't cheating going on. That much I'm sure. But it sounds a lot more like the tutor went vindictive towards nick over something and sang like a bird to said teacher / authority when they intentionally took the test during a time he could not possibly have taken it and intentionally tried to sabatoge him. Which one sounds more plausible?

I'm just telling you what happened. Nick was going to play vs UPig and Howland was called and told Nick was sitting because of an issue. The issue was the tutor and it mushroomed elsewhere. Here we are. The NCAA ruled on it and its done. We move on

RocketDawg
08-22-2019, 09:15 PM

Not really. Seems like it would be easy to input all the athletes' names into the computerized system, and if they're taking tests at impossible times then it spits their names out in a hurry. Then the manual checking starts.

BuckyIsAB****
08-22-2019, 09:40 PM
I'm just telling you what happened. Nick was going to play vs UPig and Howland was called and told Nick was sitting because of an issue. The issue was the tutor and it mushroomed elsewhere. Here we are. The NCAA ruled on it and its done. We move on

This is what happened. Only exception is there really isnt a ''tutor'' and it wasnt a he. The guilty party was expelled from school. The full story will probably never get out. Willie Gay has been in a boot for a while to make it look like an injury and KT was in a red jersey for the same reason. Story has been in a red jersey too... I think we handled this about as well as we could. I also dont think it will be worst case, 10 gone for 8 but its not good either.

dawgs
08-22-2019, 10:49 PM

I'm sure professors are grading on weekends. Probably gets a notification when a test is submitted, sees its from nick Weatherspoon, turns around, looks at the warm ups on tv*, and calls the head of the department. Even if they weren't grading or working, they probably get phone notifications too.

*not literally, but probably knew we had a game in an hour and a basketball player wouldn't be taking a test at that time