PDA

View Full Version : Florida's 2019 Recruiting Class

ShotgunDawg
08-16-2019, 08:23 AM
Mullen lost another player from his #9 ranked 2019 recruiting class this morning when Arjei Henderson was unable to get eligible.

With him now removed from the list, Mullen's 2019 recruiting class has lost 4 star Henderson, 5 star Chris Steele, 4 star Jalon Jones, 4 star Diwun Black, 4 star Wadrick Wilson, & 4 star Deyavie Hammond.

With those losses, that #9 recruiting that Bo Bounds keeps going on & on about is actually the 17th ranked class just above South Carolina.

Rough off season for Mullen &, if you know much about recruiting rankings, Mullen actually lost ground on building towards beating UGA with his 2019 recruiting class.

https://twitter.com/WillSammon/status/1162344976145100800?s=20

thf24
08-16-2019, 08:41 AM
He's also been taking some pretty strong and widespread criticism over the way he's handled UF's typical offseason thuggery (though in fairness I'm not sure how their past several coaches have done on that front). Doesn't appear to be doing a very good job of roster management in general thus far.

QuadrupleOption
08-16-2019, 08:53 AM
They'll run him off in 3-4 years. He'll win but he's not going to beat Georgia and get to the Championship game enough to satisfy the fan base.

HoopsDawg
08-16-2019, 09:05 AM
He did pick up a good transfer from UL and another one from UGA.

msstate7
08-16-2019, 09:07 AM

Yep. That offset it some. Greenard is supposedly a really good tackle. Cox is a risk, but very high reward if he keeps himself together

ShotgunDawg
08-16-2019, 09:11 AM

For sure, but other teams picked up that type of talent as well.

It'll interesting to see where Florida lands when 247 releases their team talent rankings. After his 17th ranked recruiting class this year, he's not gaining ground on UGA

msstate7
08-16-2019, 09:22 AM
For sure, but other teams picked up that type of talent as well.

It'll interesting to see where Florida lands when 247 releases their team talent rankings. After his 17th ranked recruiting class this year, he's not gaining ground on UGA

Not sure how much stock you can put in this, but the opening Vegas line for Florida-Georgia last season was 9 (Georgia fav) and it closed at 7. This season, it opened at 3.5 (Georgia fav)

ShotgunDawg
08-16-2019, 09:27 AM
Not sure how much stock you can put in this, but the opening Vegas line for Florida-Georgia last season was 9 (Georgia fav) and it closed at 7. This season, it opened at 3.5 (Georgia fav)

It will rise. I think people expect Florida to make a bigger jump than they really will.

By game time, it'll UGA +7 or more.

msstate7
08-16-2019, 09:43 AM
It will rise. I think people expect Florida to make a bigger jump than they really will.

By game time, it'll UGA +7 or more.

Right. I'm just looking at what Vegas thought of the game

ShotgunDawg
08-16-2019, 09:52 AM
Right. I'm just looking at what Vegas thought of the game

Vegas is just trying to capitalize on stupid Gator fans

msstate7
08-16-2019, 09:58 AM

And let the rest of the country capitalize on a low line favoring Georgia? Doesn't seem sound strategy

MarketingBully
08-16-2019, 10:05 AM
It seems the only time 7 likes our coaches is when they leave us to coach somewhere else.

msstate7
08-16-2019, 10:08 AM
It seems the only time 7 likes our coaches is when they leave us to coach somewhere else.

What are you talking about? I think Georgia is gonna roll Florida, 2 scores. I think Georgia wins it all this season. Shotgun said the gap expanded and was wondering what 247 thought, so I just used the Vegas line to see what they thought.

MarketingBully
08-16-2019, 10:08 AM
Mullen lost another player from his #9 ranked 2019 recruiting class this morning when Arjei Henderson was unable to get eligible.

With him now removed from the list, Mullen's 2019 recruiting class has lost 4 star Henderson, 5 star Chris Steele, 4 star Jalon Jones, 4 star Diwun Black, 4 star Wadrick Wilson, & 4 star Deyavie Hammond.

With those losses, that #9 recruiting that Bo Bounds keeps going on & on about is actually the 17th ranked class just above South Carolina.

Rough off season for Mullen &, if you know much about recruiting rankings, Mullen actually lost ground on building towards beating UGA with his 2019 recruiting class.

https://twitter.com/WillSammon/status/1162344976145100800?s=20

Mullen had a disastrous offseason and if the UGA transfer doesn’t work out I could see them firing him. He’s on thin ice as it is with the fans. He better hope he can continue a 10+ win level like his first year because they don’t take kindly to 8-9 win seasons with a bowl win there.

MarketingBully
08-16-2019, 10:10 AM
What are you talking about? I think Georgia is gonna roll Florida, 2 scores. I think Georgia wins it all this season. Shotgun said the gap expanded and was wondering what 247 thought, so I just used the Vegas line to see what they thought.

It’s not just been this thread.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-16-2019, 10:22 AM
Mullen had a disastrous offseason and if the UGA transfer doesn’t work out I could see them firing him. He’s on thin ice as it is with the fans. He better hope he can continue a 10+ win level like his first year because they don’t take kindly to 8-9 win seasons with a bowl win there.

Brenton Cox won't be a reason he gets fired. If Mullen gets fired it's because UGA has beat him 4-5 times in a row.

MarketingBully
08-16-2019, 10:31 AM
Brenton Cox won't be a reason he gets fired. If Mullen gets fired it's because UGA has beat him 4-5 times in a row.

If he wins championships, he will be fine. If he doesn’t, off the field stuff and his magnanimous personality their fans love will be magnified. He never was a great recruiter and he hasn’t gotten coaches there that shore up his weaknesses. He proved here that he can’t beat you if you have more talent. I don’t think he beats Kirby anytime soon.

bulldawg28
08-16-2019, 10:37 AM

Vegas knows Florida is beating Georgia this year

Bothrops
08-16-2019, 11:27 AM
They'll run him off in 3-4 years. He'll win but he's not going to beat Georgia and get to the Championship game enough to satisfy the fan base.

He will beat Georgia, he will never beat Saban.

TrapGame
08-16-2019, 11:35 AM
If he's not in Atlanta by year three that seat starts getting uncomfortably warm.

ShotgunDawg
08-16-2019, 11:47 AM

I see no evidence that Florida has a chance this year. This could be Kirby's best team

bulldawg28
08-16-2019, 11:57 AM
I see no evidence that Florida has a chance this year. This could be Kirby's best team

Kirby's best teams to date at Georgia was his 1st with a complete team. They have no WR's with game experience and a young defense that was average at best. I think Mullen with the more experienced team has the advantage.

HancockCountyDog
08-16-2019, 12:24 PM
Florida better get used to self imposed probation. One of CDM’s biggest failures here.

msbulldog
08-16-2019, 12:33 PM
I think that seat is starting to warm already.

msbulldog
08-16-2019, 12:40 PM
I think that seat is starting to warm already.

From a Florida board:
"Well with how bad last class ended up Mullen has to essentially land a top 5 class with multiple playmakers that can start as freshman to have a chance to keep his job past year 5. It’s amazing how bad offensive recruiting has been under Mullen. We cannot even get WRs to commit here. If Mullen wants to keep his job he better only have at most two losses, neither to FSU or Miami, and then fire multiple coaches after the season."

msstate7
08-16-2019, 12:56 PM
From a Florida board:
"Well with how bad last class ended up Mullen has to essentially land a top 5 class with multiple playmakers that can start as freshman to have a chance to keep his job past year 5. It’s amazing how bad offensive recruiting has been under Mullen. We cannot even get WRs to commit here. If Mullen wants to keep his job he better only have at most two losses, neither to FSU or Miami, and then fire multiple coaches after the season."

I don't doubt anything with that dumb fanbase, but they're entering the season top 10 after finishing last season top 10. The last time Florida finished top 10 was 2012. Again though, this fanbase is dumb... they run off urban Meyer trying to get him to run a pro style attack after 1 bad year. Hell, if cam newton didn't steal VCRs or whatever, Florida would've been great in 2010 too.

msbulldog
08-16-2019, 01:07 PM
I don't know how smart the fan base is but there is a thread over on their 247 site that is 6 pages of posts like that and worse. As I said CDM's seat is starting to warm. He lost 3 academics from his first class and 5 from 2019. His depth is going to struggle in the next couple of years. Jimmies and Joe's not X's and O's win football games.

TrapGame
08-16-2019, 01:19 PM
I don't know how smart the fan base is but there is a thread over on their 247 site that is 6 pages of posts like that and worse. As I said CDM's seat is starting to warm. He lost 3 academics from his first class and 5 from 2019. His depth is going to struggle in the next couple of years. Jimmies and Joe's not X's and O's win football games.

"But...but...he's the QB whisperer...he finds diamonds in the rough...he can turn a 2* into a 4*..."

This don't play in Gator Town. They want 5* players, SEC championships and runs at the NC. 10-2 every year gets you a statue at Davis Wade but it gets you fired at Florida.

Jack Lambert
08-16-2019, 02:00 PM

They will run him off he doesn't consistently get top five recruiting classes.

Todd4State
08-16-2019, 03:02 PM
For Dan to survive there he is going to have to get rid of the Country Club at some point in time. His recruiting has always held him back and offset his ability to develop players to a degree and limited his ceiling.

If he is willing to fire Hevesy and Gonzalez instead of blaming everything on the DC and replace them with coaches that can recruit he may survive there. I'm just not sure if he is willing to do that or not? He did get rid of Sallach when he was here. So maybe.

All of this is true about his time at MSU as well. He would have been even better if he could recruit- which probably kept us from being an 9-10 win team every year. And also probably is a big reason why he had a hard time leaving for a job that suited his ego.

msbulldog
08-16-2019, 06:10 PM
For Dan to survive there he is going to have to get rid of the Country Club at some point in time. His recruiting has always held him back and offset his ability to develop players to a degree and limited his ceiling.

If he is willing to fire Hevesy and Gonzalez instead of blaming everything on the DC and replace them with coaches that can recruit he may survive there. I'm just not sure if he is willing to do that or not? He did get rid of Sallach when he was here. So maybe.

All of this is true about his time at MSU as well. He would have been even better if he could recruit- which probably kept us from being an 9-10 win team every year. And also probably is a big reason why he had a hard time leaving for a job that suited his ego.

In that now 7 page 247 Florida board thread, the posters are calling for the same thing. Some are calling for Billy Gonzales head, many are calling the recruiters lazy, sound familiar?

Here's the link, you might have to have a 247 script, I'm not sure:
https://247sports.com/college/florida/Board/14/Contents/Florida-Gators-football-Arjei-Henderson-not-eligible--134500921/

Turfdawg67
08-16-2019, 07:02 PM

Hahahahaha! Good one!

Goldendawg
08-16-2019, 07:58 PM
From a Florida board:

Sure this wasn't from an Elite Dawgs post a view years back, except for the getting a top 5 class? Hail State!

Goldendawg
08-16-2019, 08:01 PM

BUT, but Hev and Gonzo are such good recruiters!

Todd4State
08-16-2019, 08:11 PM
In that now 7 page 247 Florida board thread, the posters are calling for the same thing. Some are calling for Billy Gonzales head, many are calling the recruiters lazy, sound familiar?

Here's the link, you might have to have a 247 script, I'm not sure:
https://247sports.com/college/florida/Board/14/Contents/Florida-Gators-football-Arjei-Henderson-not-eligible--134500921/

I'm not surprised at all. He could get away with it here because our fans are more patient and because of our football history.

BUT, but Hev and Gonzo are such good recruiters!

I find it funny that back in the day I was told multiple times that Hevesy wasn't the problem. Which I guess is true- he was just a big part of it.

I think it's only a matter of time before Dan starts to look for a NFL job. My guess is he will try to do that before the natives get too restless there and he has to fire his friends. It would get him away from recruiting.