PDA

View Full Version : I think Pruitt is getting tired of being asked about his lines

DancingRabbit
08-16-2019, 12:22 AM
Not sure if he is 17ing with the media, 17ing with his players or low-key re-setting expectations.

Pruitt said this week that his defensive linemen are still honing basic skills such as lining up the proper way and compared it to ''basically playing with your eyes shut.'' The focus on the fundamentals caused Pruitt to say most of his defensive linemen are ''still in elementary school'' as far as learning what to do on the field.

''Hopefully this next week we can get to junior high and the next week we can get like we're in high school and eventually be on the college level before the season's over with ... just in knowing those things,'' Pruitt said.

https://sports.yahoo.com/tennessee-dealing-uncertainty-both-sides-line-201341919--ncaaf.html

Dawg61
08-16-2019, 01:29 AM
Pruitt is gonna blow a gasket this year

trojandawg
08-16-2019, 10:22 AM
Pruitt is gonna blow a gasket this year

is Pruitt the new Muschamp? seems to be a thing with these defensive coaches in the SEC that seem to blow up on people. just part of the personality. however, i don't really see that in Smart.

TrapGame
08-16-2019, 10:35 AM
And he's a Saban tree defensive guy. I don't know if he's smart enough to play coy and 17 w/ the media. He might be actually frustrated with the defense. Again, ask Shoop, Tennessee has a HUGE culture problem. Pruitt ain't making that go away in one season.

Ari Gold
08-16-2019, 11:28 AM
But but but according to Finebaum he is the next Saban

TUSK
08-16-2019, 11:33 AM
And he's a Saban tree defensive guy. I don't know if he's smart enough to play coy and 17 w/ the media. He might be actually frustrated with the defense. Again, ask Shoop, Tennessee has a HUGE culture problem. Pruitt ain't making that go away in one season.

This ^ is the correct answer.

Pollodawg
08-16-2019, 11:52 AM
And that’s why he’s in Knoxville and not Starkville.

MaroonFlounder
08-16-2019, 05:11 PM
And that’s why he’s in Knoxville and not Starkville.

Yep. We dodged a bullet there.

BeardoMSU
08-16-2019, 05:20 PM
But but but according to Finebaum he is the next Saban

I bet Saban knows what asparagus is, lol.

yjnkdawg
08-16-2019, 08:40 PM

Agree , bur some on this board were just so upset when we missed out on an opportunity to have Pruitt as our next Head Football Coach. Even upset with Cohen, and him not knowing what we needed at MSU.................. Like they knew. ****

TUSK
08-16-2019, 08:58 PM

That's gonna be interesting to see, IMO....

msstate7
08-16-2019, 09:07 PM
That's gonna be interesting to see, IMO....

I like that you used the future tense. The jury on all these 2nd year sec coaches is still very much out... even the experienced coaches (jimbo and Mullen)

Dawg61
08-16-2019, 11:24 PM
Agree , bur some on this board were just so upset when we missed out on an opportunity to have Pruitt as our next Head Football Coach. Even upset with Cohen, and him not knowing what we needed at MSU.................. Like they knew. ****

I only remember one poster really wanting Pruitt. The rest of us were never excited about him.

TUSK
08-17-2019, 02:02 AM
I only remember one poster really wanting Pruitt. The rest of us were never excited about him.

I dunno who rooted for whom,,,, or who will end up being the better coach...

But, I do know this: In 2018, Pruitt took over a shit show at UT (w/ a bit more talent) and out performed Moorehead (to head)...

Dawg61
08-17-2019, 02:14 AM
I dunno who rooted for whom,,,, or who will end up being the better coach...

But, I do know this: In 2018, Pruitt took over a shit show at UT (w/ a bit more talent) and out performed Moorehead (to head)...

Tennessee was 5-7 last year and got skull17ed by Vanderbilt. MSU was 9-5 and played in a New Year's bowl game. I know you really like all the redneck things Pruitt says all the time but it has apparently warped your sense of reality when you start saying shit like 5-7 is out performing 9-5.

TUSK
08-17-2019, 02:36 AM
Tennessee was 5-7 last year and got skull17ed by Vanderbilt. MSU was 9-5 and played in a New Year's bowl game. I know you really like all the redneck things Pruitt says all the time but it has apparently warped your sense of reality when you start saying shit like 5-7 is out performing 9-5.

How'd they do vs like comp, pray tell?

edit: I really liked the "NYD bowl game".... nice...

Dawg61
08-17-2019, 02:57 AM

You don't get Google in Alabama? Tennessee went 2-6 in the SEC, MSU went 4-4. That's like comp so they did worse. Or is your entire argument based off of just the Kentucky game?

I really liked the "NYD bowl game".... nice...

Probably not as much as I liked the National Championship game.

MaroonFlounder
08-17-2019, 01:17 PM
You don't get Google in Alabama? Tennessee went 2-6 in the SEC, MSU went 4-4. That's like comp so they did worse. Or is your entire argument based off of just the Kentucky game?

Probably not as much as I liked the National Championship game.

Tusk likely thinks every d1 coaching search should result in a Saban disciple being hired.

Pruitt being a defensive guy (and his awkwardness and rumored to have bombed in his interview with Cohen) was a hard NO.

Any program that desires to work toward competing with the Bama machine and eventually beating them...will hire an offensive guru. Moorhead has that moniker. Whether the vision comes to fruition is yet to be seen. Cohen called Moorhead a football savant. Stretching the field thru the air is what beats Bama. That is what Mo is working toward.

So I say all that to say this. Of course Tusk thinks MSU should have hired Pruitt. Don't want a annual SEC West opponent getting an offensive guy that might figure out how to finally beat the crimson machine. I'm skeptical it ever happens, but Cohen made the right hire.

yjnkdawg
08-17-2019, 01:58 PM
Tusk likely thinks every d1 coaching search should result in a Saban disciple being hired.

Pruitt being a defensive guy (and his awkwardness and rumored to have bombed in his interview with Cohen) was a hard NO.

Any program that desires to work toward competing with the Bama machine and eventually beating them...will hire an offensive guru. Moorhead has that moniker. Whether the vision comes to fruition is yet to be seen. Cohen called Moorhead a football savant. Stretching the field thru the air is what beats Bama. That is what Mo is working toward.

So I say all that to say this. Of course Tusk thinks MSU should have hired Pruitt. Don't want a annual SEC West opponent getting an offensive guy that might figure out how to finally beat the crimson machine. I'm skeptical it ever happens, but Cohen made the right hire.

I'm not sure if that was rumor or fact, but based on what I had seen, it does make sense that it could have happened. I am pretty sure though, that Pruitt and/or his agent upset Cohen with their method(s) in trying to get our head coaching job. How do you mull over an offer when you haven't received an offer? On the second comment, Pruitt agreed with TUSK too.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
08-17-2019, 02:16 PM

If only we had won 9 games. That and we played like shiit in that NYD?s game.

NCDawg
08-17-2019, 02:32 PM
I like that you used the future tense. The jury on all these 2nd year sec coaches is still very much out... even the experienced coaches (jimbo and Mullen)

This is the correct answer. The upcoming season will tell whether Cohen made the right choice or not.

turkish
08-17-2019, 06:31 PM
Nobody makes me turn on MSU in an argument like ?61.

Dawg61
08-17-2019, 07:16 PM
If only we had won 9 games. That and we played like shiit in that NYD?s game.

I guess 5-7 is better than 8-5 to you.

TUSK
08-18-2019, 02:46 AM
I guess 5-7 is better than 8-5 to you.

Dude, you don't even know how many games MSU won last year,,,

Tell ya what, I'll do you a solid... you set the line (your line) on the MSU/UT game. I'll pick and toss a hondo on it.

If I win, I'll give it to to the (ED) website.... you win, it's yours.

MarketingBully
08-18-2019, 07:06 AM
And some of you on here think we will lose to these clowns?

MarketingBully
08-18-2019, 07:15 AM
TUSK is trolling you guys. If it were up to him every SEC school would have a former Saban assistant as their coach. And the reason? Because no Saban assistant has beaten him. None. The truth is Saban’s “process” works because Saban runs it. You could literally put a coaching staff together of random posters on here and Saban as the HC and you would win at a high level. That’s the honest truth.

I seen it dawg
08-18-2019, 07:52 AM

edit: I really liked the "NYD bowl game".... nice...

Uhhh 5-7 doesn't compare to 8-5. I dont give a shit about head to head when it's sec. and they played in the east. Now this yr we play each other so can better compare. Damn dawg some pac 12 person get your keyboard?

MarketingBully
08-18-2019, 07:58 AM
Uhhh 5-7 doesn't compare to 8-5. I dont give a shit about head to head when it's sec. and they played in the east. Now this yr we play each other so can better compare. Damn dawg some pac 12 person get your keyboard?

He’s trolling our board and they are obliging him. Pruitt is more likely to be fired then succeed at UT.

Homedawg
08-18-2019, 10:35 AM
And some of you on here think we will lose to these clowns?

I didn't say we would lose, but I'll stand by that it's going to be a lot tougher than some on here expect. The road in this league is unforgiving. We should win, honestly, but I won't be shocked if we don't.

Ari Gold
08-18-2019, 10:41 AM
I didn't say we would lose, but I'll stand by that it's going to be a lot tougher than some on here expect. The road in this league is unforgiving. We should win, honestly, but I won't be shocked if we don't.

Agree outside of Bama and UGA no SEC school has a guaranteed road win on their schedule...

DancingRabbit
08-18-2019, 11:12 AM
Agree outside of Bama and UGA no SEC school has a guaranteed road win on their schedule...

Mostly agree, but what about LSU at Vandy this year? That one probably qualifies.

Dawg61
08-18-2019, 11:47 AM

Nobody here thinks the @ Tennessee game is gonna be a cake walk. It's still Tennessee and it's still in Neyland stadium.

Homedawg
08-18-2019, 11:51 AM
Nobody here thinks the @ Tennessee game is gonna be a cake walk. It's still Tennessee and it's still in Neyland stadium.

You apparently have missed some posts. There are several here who have said otherwise.

msstate7
08-18-2019, 11:55 AM
You apparently have missed some posts. There are several here who have said otherwise.

And the ones saying it will be no walk in the park have had their words twisted to us predicting tenn wins

Dawg61
08-18-2019, 11:59 AM

I've missed lots of posts. I can only handle so much ED before Netflix, YouTube etc.. become even more appealing than normal.