PDA

View Full Version : The audio/video had a great game

FlabLoser
10-25-2013, 12:55 AM
Probably the best audio/video stuff since the big video board was erected. Especially the music. Bang up job.

Too bad the game was...meh.

ShotgunDawg
10-25-2013, 01:02 AM
I am so sick of all the advertisements on the video board

Simple question: Does the video board exist to for the sake of advertisements or to increase the in-game experience?

We need more highlight videos, more pump you up music, and simply more innovative stuff to get the crowd going. We just use it as a TV for commercials.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-25-2013, 01:09 AM
I noticed this as well and totally agree. They actually did a great job today.

FlabLoser
10-25-2013, 01:49 AM
Simple question: Does the video board exist to for the sake of advertisements or to increase the in-game experience?

Ads. That setup costs 7 figures and I understand we didn't pay for it. Ads support the thing. That said, we could do a better job and tonight was a LOT better.

Original48
10-25-2013, 08:15 AM
Probably the best audio/video stuff since the big video board was erected. Especially the music. Bang up job.

Too bad the game was...meh.
Completely agree. Volume was turned WAY down on commercials and they were positioned more properly (change of possession time outs, tv timeouts, end of quarter, etc). Much better job on jumbotron.

10-25-2013, 08:21 AM
If it was so great last night then please tell me why the World Series was on as we were preparing for 4th down in UK territory near the end of the game.

Will James
10-25-2013, 08:25 AM
If it was so great last night then please tell me why the World Series was on as we were preparing for 4th down in UK territory near the end of the game.

I'd prefer to have the WS on silently all game long with the usual music still playing at opportune times. Also play an SEC Red Zone channel up there during games. Cut away for replays.

10-25-2013, 08:27 AM
I'd prefer to have the WS on silently all game long with the usual music still playing at opportune times. Also play an SEC Red Zone channel up there during games. Cut away for replays.

That will really get the crowd into the game! Maybe showing the Series was a last ditch effort to get people to stay. It didn't seem too effective judging by ESPN's coverage.

MainEventDawg
10-25-2013, 08:32 AM
The only volume level acceptable for the Mercedes Benz commercial is NONE. Just dreadful. Hearing it doesn't make me want to go buy a car. It makes me want to punch someone in the face.

Will James
10-25-2013, 08:40 AM
That will really get the crowd into the game!

The sights of the board doesn't excite the crowd, its the sounds. NFL stadiums are looking into having the Red Zone channel on their boards. I'd prefer it NOT to show live plays anyway because too many people are turned like chickens to the board DURING THE PLAY now they cant focus yelling and shit to the actual field because of the board. Nobody is going to miss our plays looking up there.

Multitasking is easy, I set up 2 tv's in the living room every away and off Saturday.

Original48
10-25-2013, 09:02 AM
This reminded me..I thought the live look-in to the World Series when Autry was laying hurt on the field was pathetic and tasteless. We got one of our best players down and we put the game on the big TV?? Wasn't proud of that.

10-25-2013, 09:04 AM
Multitasking is easy, I set up 2 tv's in the living room every away and off Saturday.

I agree that it's fine to focus on two events in your living room, not at a live sporting event. Otherwise if you must be plugged into multiple games simeltaneously then you should have just stayed home.

FlabLoser
10-25-2013, 03:26 PM
Oh I should ad the Pom Squad brought the heat. They had a dance number in an endzone during a timeout. Nice camerawork so everybody could see it on the video board. You don't get that at home on TV.

BulldogDX55
10-25-2013, 04:25 PM

That was during an injury. It would be disrespectful to play pump up music with a guy down on the field.

FlabLoser
10-25-2013, 04:39 PM
That was during an injury. It would be disrespectful to play pump up music with a guy down on the field.

Would also be disrespectful to run Columbus Orthopedic.

BulldogDX55
10-25-2013, 05:00 PM
Would also be disrespectful to run Columbus Orthopedic.

I am referring to that specific incident. Did they do that during a different one?

As far as Columbus Orthopedic (and Mercedes Benz), it is disrespectful to run those commercials at anytime. Old people need to ask college students if it is ever a good idea to use a meme (Harlem Shake in this case) in a commercial. They need to realize that the shelf life on those trends is 1-2 months tops. All it does is make everyone groan and get us mocked by opposing fans.