PDA

View Full Version : Nashvill piling on.... picked up by USA Today Sports.. not good

TaleofTwoDogs
08-15-2019, 03:43 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/college-football-mississippi-state-player-guilty-of-animal-cruelty/ar-AAFQXXZ?li=BBnba9I

Doesn't belong on page 1..

Commercecomet24
08-15-2019, 03:47 PM
That's a heckuva a big article for that. Dang. I don't condone what he did but he's not diving out of hotel room windows or beating up frat boys.

TrapGame
08-15-2019, 03:49 PM
Thanks Horka. Took a stupid, neglectful decision a year ago and made it into a Dateline episode.

chef dixon
08-15-2019, 03:55 PM
Wow 6 months in jail? The dog is alive right? Obviously he made a mistake and I'm sure he has learned from it. I'm always shocked at how outrage is sometimes far worse with these than human on human crimes.

Tbonewannabe
08-15-2019, 03:56 PM
Typical Clarion Liar article about MSU. I am sorry that I gave them a click.

LC Dawg
08-15-2019, 05:14 PM
It's a suspended sentence so he doesn't serve any time if he does what he is supposed to as far as probation and paying his fine. He deserves every bit of punishment he's received. It was a piece of shit move. I hope he's learned from it.

ScottH
08-15-2019, 06:07 PM
Animal abusers deserve a special place in hell. MSU athlete or not.

MaroonFlounder
08-15-2019, 06:17 PM

True. He should have been kicked off the team. Parker is just as good at guard.

biggun
08-15-2019, 06:23 PM

AMEN

Dawg2003
08-15-2019, 06:33 PM
I have no sympathy for a person that willfully starves an animal. I'm glad we have animal cruelty laws.

Irondawg
08-15-2019, 06:38 PM
Really it's more of Story being completely irresponsible on several fronts considering he actually volunteered to take care of the dog. The eviction notice was a sign he wasn't living there for some reason for a bit of time (because who leaves that on the door and if the place smelled that bad then he wasn't living there). Not paying rent is another sign of total irresponsibility. Only he knows what the heck he was thinking as he knew the girl was coming back for the dog.

Somehow the lesson sports is supposed to teach these kids about responsibility and such don't sink in with some of them.

MarketingBully
08-15-2019, 06:41 PM
Yep and that shit had happened a year ago and has been well known. That’s why I’m more then a little skeptical of this rampant suspension BS. These guys would be all over it.

Maroonthirteen
08-15-2019, 08:01 PM
No kidding. I expected to read that he was running a dog fighting ring.

I guess Kodak isn’t wearing a maroon sweater this winter?

Alphadog2017
08-15-2019, 09:00 PM
True, he should have made arrangements like all of the other players do while they’re in Fall camp. He was irresponsible and she was at fault for leaving the dog with him as well.

MrKotter
08-15-2019, 09:07 PM
Nm

bulldawg28
08-15-2019, 09:16 PM
The dog lived, he made a mistake, and was punished for his immaturity. I'm always amazed that humans care more about animal rights than people.

bobcat91
08-15-2019, 09:22 PM
The dog lived, he made a mistake, and was punished for his immaturity. I'm always amazed that humans care more about animal rights than people.

What human rights. He left a damn dog to starve and with no water for days. I dont see that he has really had any rights taken away. Hes a dumbass that is lucky so far that he isnt serving a jail sentence for animal cruelty. Spare me his defense.

LC Dawg
08-15-2019, 09:59 PM
What human rights. He left a damn dog to starve and with no water for days. I dont see that he has really had any rights taken away. Hes a dumbass that is lucky so far that he isnt serving a jail sentence for animal cruelty. Spare me his defense.

This

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-15-2019, 10:16 PM

What about people abusers? Where do you stand on that? Same level of hell or nah?

ScottH
08-15-2019, 10:19 PM
What about people abusers? Where do you stand on that? Same level of hell or nah?

Since you want to play that game, I'll play....generally speaking, nah.

Bass Chaser
08-15-2019, 10:28 PM
Gannett owns pretty much every major newspaper.

timotheus
08-15-2019, 10:46 PM
True, he should have made arrangements like all of the other players do while they?re in Fall camp. He was irresponsible and she was at fault for leaving the dog with him as well.

They had broken up and she intended to steal his dog. I do not know why he failed to make arrangements and I have not mentioned this issue with him.

BeardoMSU
08-15-2019, 11:22 PM

Yups^^

Hopefully he's learned from this, and never does it again....but the people dismissing the seriously of this is sad. If his uniform was blue and red y'all would be on this story like shit on velcro, and you know it.

BeardoMSU
08-15-2019, 11:23 PM

Yeah...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9b/1d/7f/9b1d7f43c64a17c63a4943687eb5e057.jpg

Maroonthirteen
08-16-2019, 08:20 AM
I wonder if the cop got a date out of it?

bulldawg28
08-16-2019, 10:41 AM

I'm not asking for your approval. A dog is not on the same level of a human. I give two s***s what you think.

chef dixon
08-16-2019, 10:59 AM
I'm not asking for your approval. A dog is not on the same level of a human. I give two s***s what you think.

Agreed. The girl is trying to really take him down without taking any of the blame (although it was extremely careless by her as well). Article seems forced. He got his punishment and hopefully learned from his mistake.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-16-2019, 11:06 AM
Since you want to play that game, I'll play....generally speaking, nah.

What game?.....

Would you be against this for instance? The dog could be killed...
https://www.nbcwashington.com/investigations/Navy-SEAL-K-9-School-Shooting-Demonstration-540156181.html

bobcat91
08-16-2019, 11:21 AM
It's a state law punishable of up to 2 years in prison.

bulldawg28
08-16-2019, 11:25 AM
It's a state law and he could go to jail for up to 2 years.

You're the moronic one with the baby ego it appears. Again, I don't give a rat's ass what you're trying to spin. A human should be valued more than a dog.

LC Dawg
08-16-2019, 11:36 AM
If he treated a human like this he would be in prison. I don't understand why there has to be a comparison between dogs and humans. It's pretty simple. Be a decent ****ing human being and you don't have to worry about being charged with any kind of cruelty.
Also, if someone can look at the picture of that dog from the article and think "no big deal" there is something categorically wrong with them.

Dawg2003
08-16-2019, 12:17 PM
You're the moronic one with the baby ego it appears. Again, I don't give a rat's ass what you're trying to spin. A human should be valued more than a dog.

You can believe that a human should be valued more than a dog while also agreeing that it's immoral to starve a sentient being. You should also be held criminally responsible for doing so.

bulldawg28
08-16-2019, 12:43 PM
You can believe that a human should be valued more than a dog while also agreeing that it's immoral to starve a sentient being. You should also be held criminally responsible for doing so.

Why should a person be held criminally responsible? People hunt and kill all sorts of animals for sport. What makes a dog more valuable than a buck, lion, or bear killed? People make their own value system.

Dawg2003
08-16-2019, 12:58 PM
Why should a person be held criminally responsible? People hunt and kill all sorts of animals for sport. What makes a dog more valuable than a buck, lion, or bear killed? People make their own value system.

Yes, people make their own internal systems of morality. That doesn't mean all systems are equal. For instance, a moral system that equates willfully starving an animal to death with hunting an animal is not a logical or sound moral system. There is a vast difference in those two things. For example, hunting involves a relatively quick death if dome correctly.

We have criminal laws because, as a society, we have to determine which behaviors are out of bounds. In a civil society, most people will agree that purposefully starving an animal is inhumane.

BeardoMSU
08-16-2019, 01:04 PM

Jesus Christ. Is this just a hill you want to die on, or something? There is such a thing as animal cruelty. Wtf are you quibbling on about?

Coach007
08-16-2019, 01:07 PM
Bottom lines:

- He was found guilty
- He should have been responsible
- Not sure the whole story if he had moved out, told the GF to get the dog... she didn't or if he is 100% is to blame.... none of that matters because he of his plea.

- no excuses can be made. He accepted guilt.

BB30
08-16-2019, 01:10 PM
Yeah...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9b/1d/7f/9b1d7f43c64a17c63a4943687eb5e057.jpg

I generally agree with you most of the time especially when it comes to state sports. That being said, yes, It is absolutely horrible what he did and he should be punished for it but when people have more outrage towards something that happens to an animal than when someone commits a crime against an actual person thats a major societal flaw.

Again, he should be punished accordingly but I am pretty sure I could find 3 dozen crimes against an actual human that took place in Nashville that should take priority over an animal cruelty charge that happened in Ms.

Coach007
08-16-2019, 01:52 PM
I generally agree with you most of the time especially when it comes to state sports. That being said, yes, It is absolutely horrible what he did and he should be punished for it but when people have more outrage towards something that happens to an animal than when someone commits a crime against an actual person thats a major societal flaw.

Again, he should be punished accordingly but I am pretty sure I could find 3 dozen crimes against an actual human that took place in Nashville that should take priority over an animal cruelty charge that happened in Ms.

I agree with all of this.

None of it excuses what he did.

bulldawg28
08-16-2019, 02:24 PM
[QUOTE=bulldawg28;1135210]

Yes, people make their own internal systems of morality. That doesn't mean all systems are equal. For instance, a moral system that equates willfully starving an animal to death with hunting an animal is not a logical or sound moral system. There is a vast difference in those two things. For example, hunting involves a relatively quick death if dome correctly.

We have criminal laws because, as a society, we have to determine which behaviors are out of bounds. In a civil society, most people will agree that purposefully starving an animal is inhumane.

Hunting is appropriate for hunter's value system. I don't agree with a norm just because it's accepted by a certain group. Death is death whether slowly or quickly. How is being shot and killed considered a better way. That animal feels that shot before dying. Anyone saying differently is 100% speculation that people believe to make themselves feel better about it.
Your choice of wording Inhumane is perfect because a dog is not human. They do not have equal rights. A dog is not a man's best friend.

Captain Falcon
08-16-2019, 02:27 PM
Here's the deal:

1. What he did was incredibly wrong, and the pictures make it worse. Very disappointed in Story for doing something like that.

2. He was suspended last year, and now he's been sentenced in criminal court. That should probably be the end of this.

I think both of those things can be true. You can still be frustrated with the guy even with the understanding that his punishment has now been settled.

Commercecomet24
08-16-2019, 02:36 PM
Here's the deal:

1. What he did was incredibly wrong, and the pictures make it worse. Very disappointed in Story for doing something like that.

2. He was suspended last year, and now he's been sentenced in criminal court. That should probably be the end of this.

I think both of those things can be true. You can still be frustrated with the guy even with the understanding that his punishment has now been settled.

Well said. My sentiments as well.

timotheus
08-16-2019, 04:13 PM
It is just a sad deal. He has very little family support in any area so I think he just didn't think when she broke up with him and threatened to steal the dog. He made a rash decision and paid for it. The girl simply did it to embarrass him.