PDA

View Full Version : Treadwell

vv83
08-15-2019, 12:25 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/cqp7cq/lombardi_treadwell_is_not_available_for_trade_he/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

I feel bad for the guy, he had all the talent in the world but wasn?t coached up at all in college. I really hope we use stuff like this to our advantage in recruiting

gtowndawg
08-15-2019, 12:49 PM
He and robert nkemdiche both. Total bust. They we're prepared to party but that's about it.

chef dixon
08-15-2019, 02:06 PM
Excellent college player but has just plain sucked in the NFL

Jack Lambert
08-15-2019, 02:08 PM
This is what happens when you play school yard football on offense. You don't coach a guy to be a good WR. Blame Ole Miss football.

Cooterpoot
08-15-2019, 02:46 PM
AJ’s hero....

thf24
08-15-2019, 02:55 PM
This is what happens when you play school yard football on offense. You don't coach a guy to be a good WR. Blame Ole Miss football.

Ole Miss did to Treadwell what the AAU does to a lot of basketball players: let them dominate on raw athleticism without teaching them how to play their position. Then when they get to the next level, everyone else is just as good of an athlete but much more skilled. And the kicker is that Treadwell isn't even that great of an athlete; just big with good hands and body control. That can be all you need in college but won't get you anywhere in the NFL if you don't know how to play the position, as Treadwell demonstrated to the fullest extent.

Bass Chaser
08-15-2019, 03:13 PM
I thought he had trouble catching the ball as well with the Vikings.

Tbonewannabe
08-15-2019, 03:59 PM
Ole Miss did to Treadwell what the AAU does to a lot of basketball players: let them dominate on raw athleticism without teaching them how to play their position. Then when they get to the next level, everyone else is just as good of an athlete but much more skilled. And the kicker is that Treadwell isn't even that great of an athlete; just big with good hands and body control. That can be all you need in college but won't get you anywhere in the NFL if you don't know how to play the position, as Treadwell demonstrated to the fullest extent.

He was just a more polished and highly recruited version of Bear Wilson. There wasn't that much difference in the combine numbers. I would say Paidwell was in a system that threw him the ball a lot whereas Bear would actually block. Neither was good enough for the NFL.

Political Hack
08-15-2019, 04:42 PM
I remember getting roasted by fellow State fans when I said 2 star chris jones would have a better nfl career than RK.

viverlibre
08-15-2019, 06:08 PM
He was just a more polished and highly recruited version of Bear Wilson. There wasn't that much difference in the combine numbers. I would say Paidwell was in a system that threw him the ball a lot whereas Bear would actually block. Neither was good enough for the NFL.

Big difference in the 10 mil or so Paidwell has made and Bear doing whatever he is doing.

biggun
08-15-2019, 06:42 PM

Both lacked speed and both struggled catching the ball with their hands. Pretty much why neither are in the NFL right now

bobtail bob
08-15-2019, 07:17 PM
http://capstonereport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Laquon-Treadwell.jpg

BeardoMSU
08-15-2019, 07:29 PM

#fleeting**

gravedigger
08-15-2019, 07:29 PM

Play stupid games on stupid teams, win stupid prizes

Schultzy
08-15-2019, 09:38 PM
Those girls still don’t look a day over 27

Harrydawg
08-15-2019, 09:50 PM
Boy - it seems like yesterday they won the sugar bowl - that team was for real.

Now - hard think how things have changed after the ultimate house of cards. If it were a fiction book people wouldn’t understand it or believe it

Todd4State
08-15-2019, 11:14 PM

Now - hard think how things have changed after the ultimate house of cards. If it were a fiction book people wouldn’t understand it or believe it

I think in a way there were kind of in a no win situation with their philosophy. Either they win big- or big for them- and make the big boys angry which is what happened causing them to get slammed by the NCAA or they end up with a bunch of prima donna busts that end up going 6-6.

Pollodawg
08-16-2019, 11:11 AM
You mean “run-the-play-where-Treadwell-gets-open” didn’t prepare him for the league? The hell you say......

Liverpooldawg
08-16-2019, 01:19 PM

That team wasn't real. They cheated like crazy to put it together.