PDA

View Full Version : Name a worse MSU player than Devon Bell

FlabLoser
10-25-2013, 12:51 AM
From any era.

Op4isabitch
10-25-2013, 12:55 AM
Man I hate to say it but I'm throwing out Nickoe Whitley.....he has become a huge liability.

ShotgunDawg
10-25-2013, 01:00 AM
Henig?

FlabLoser
10-25-2013, 01:01 AM
No way. Bell misses almost all of his FGs. An in a momentum shift for us, we score our only TD in the 2nd half and Bell clangs the XP off the upright and in.

Muffs a snap for safety. Follows that up with a shit free kick on the ensuing play.

Why the hell was he punting? I've not heard. I can only assume Mullen was trying to get him some PT to build his confidence. It didn't work.

On one punt, coverage is setup to the right. He punts wide left and UK gets a decent return. How does that happen?

Every time Bells steps on the field, its a ding on Mullen. Mullen should be playing his best players. Right now that's Sobeski(sp) and whoever the punt/pass/kick guy of the week is - because that guy is on a 3-0 streak.

ShotgunDawg
10-25-2013, 01:05 AM
No way. Bell misses almost all of his FGs. An in a momentum shift for us, we score our only TD in the 2nd half and Bell clangs the XP off the upright and in.

Muffs a snap for safety. Follows that up with a shit free kick on the ensuing play.

Why the hell was he punting? I've not heard. I can only assume Mullen was trying to get him some PT to build his confidence. It didn't work.

On one punt, coverage is setup to the right. He punts wide left and UK gets a decent return. How does that happen?

Every time Bells steps on the field, its a ding on Mullen. Mullen should be playing his best players. Right now that's Sobeski(sp) and whoever the punt/pass/kick guy of the week is - because that guy is on a 3-0 streak.

I saw Sobeski splitting the uprights from 50 yards in warm-ups. Now... I have no clue if he can do it in a game, but how inept could he possibly be? He can kick field goals from 50 yards. Isn't that enough to deserve a shot?

Bell is a head case. Mullen has to realize that no matter how well he does in practice, he simply does't have the mental make-up to do it in the stadium

hells bells
10-25-2013, 01:06 AM
From any era.

Who was the kid at half time that did punt, pass, and kick. Good hair and nailed the up rights. Suit him up.

TopDog58
10-25-2013, 01:15 AM
Wilburn Sudduth at either the 91 or 92 spring games. Take your pick. But not by much. Bell still sucks.

sbcmortgageman
10-25-2013, 04:39 AM
From any era.

The Polish rifle.

DownwardDawg
10-25-2013, 06:14 AM
Henig?

Henig actually won us a couple of games.

Bo Darville
10-25-2013, 06:47 AM
John Michael Marlin (he and Bell have lots in common)

Antonio Hargro (who thought he could play college ball? Saw him in high school and thought he sucked. I was shocked watching him at practice and seeing how bad he really was.)

smootness
10-25-2013, 07:27 AM
I may be in the minority, but I don't think these threads do us any good.

I just don't like publicly coming down on college athletes for poor play, even if everything being said is completely truthful.

Duke Silver
10-25-2013, 07:55 AM
Charles Siddoway

C222
10-25-2013, 08:00 AM
Demetric "Hollywood" Wright

Dawg61
10-25-2013, 08:04 AM
Zach "Toast" Smith

Duke Silver
10-25-2013, 08:07 AM
TJ Mawhinney

Bubb Rubb
10-25-2013, 08:12 AM
Zach "Toast" Smith

It is sacrilege to give Zach that nickname. That nickname was originally for Odell Bradley. And Odell Bradley, my friends, was the worst player I've ever seen in the Maroon and White.

Will James
10-25-2013, 08:14 AM
Marcus Washington. He couldn't cover rock with paper.

Thick
10-25-2013, 08:33 AM
Mark Blake, Shelby Peterson, are just a few that I can recall.

TrueMaroon
10-25-2013, 08:43 AM
Marcus Washington. He couldn't cover rock with paper.

You dont know much about MSU football by the looks of that comment. He's not the best corner we've ever had, but he was alright. He was solid in run support.

cheewgumm
10-25-2013, 08:46 AM
Agree

I just don't like publicly coming down on college athletes for poor play, even if everything being said is completely truthful.

DownwardDawg
10-25-2013, 08:53 AM
Zach "Toast" Smith

Nope. Made 2 tackle in the goal line stand against Bama in 2007. He's the reason they tried to make that roll out pass that Anthony Johnson took 102 yards the other way.
Come on people! You can't name players that actually contributed to a win!!

Original48
10-25-2013, 08:53 AM
Lydell Curry, Ted Hubbard. In Lydell's defense, I think he had arthritis in his knees.

DawgInMemphis
10-25-2013, 08:54 AM

I agree 100%. Especially when they're out there trying to win games for our university.

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-25-2013, 08:56 AM
From any era.

I am going with Will Prosser. Had no business ever playing in the SEC.

Will James
10-25-2013, 08:58 AM

Come on this is SEC football

slickdawg
10-25-2013, 09:03 AM
John Michael Marlin (he and Bell have lots in common)

Antonio Hargro (who thought he could play college ball? Saw him in high school and thought he sucked. I was shocked watching him at practice and seeing how bad he really was.)

WIN WIN.

Political Hack
10-25-2013, 09:04 AM

I typically agree, and won't rip the kid, but at this point I'm not going to stop others from doing it. We need change and hope. Sobiesk should be playing... and to add insult to injury we took out the best punter in college football to let him muff a snap that would've hit him in the nuts had his hands not gotten in the way of progress.

ok... so I ripped a little bit...

FlabLoser
10-25-2013, 09:26 AM
I typically agree, and won't rip the kid, but at this point I'm not going to stop others from doing it. We need change and hope. Sobiesk should be playing... and to add insult to injury we took out the best punter in college football to let him muff a snap that would've hit him in the nuts had his hands not gotten in the way of progress.

That was a straight up Croom move. Easily Mullen's worst gameday decision.

smootness
10-25-2013, 09:48 AM

I don't see any problem with highlighting his errors and calling for us to use someone else; but creating threads calling him the worst player in our history, and calling for people to call out other players they deem terrible, is pointless and is over the line to me.

I know this is SEC football, but they are still playing for Mississippi State and going out there and presumably giving everything they have for the university.

Put it this way...you're Devon Bell's parents, and you see this thread; what are your thoughts?

Just call for Mullen to use Sobiesk and leave it at that. What does this solve?

Behrdawg
10-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Devon Bell knows Mullen's deepest darkest secrets.

Political Hack
10-25-2013, 10:08 AM
I don't see any problem with highlighting his errors and calling for us to use someone else; but creating threads calling him the worst player in our history, and calling for people to call out other players they deem terrible, is pointless and is over the line to me.

I know this is SEC football, but they are still playing for Mississippi State and going out there and presumably giving everything they have for the university.

Put it this way...you're Devon Bell's parents, and you see this thread; what are your thoughts?

Just call for Mullen to use Sobiesk and leave it at that. What does this solve?

agree. I hate it for him. He's bleeds maroon and I'll never fault anyone for that.