PDA

View Full Version : PFF ranks starting QBs entering 2019 season

msstate7
08-15-2019, 07:29 AM
https://www.pff.com/news/college-pff-rankings-starting-quarterback-rankings-for-2019

Sec west...
102. Hicks/starkel
96. Gatewood
63. Stevens
50. Corral
25. Mond
17. Burrow
2. Tua

East schools we face:
46. Wilson
21. Guarantano

ShotgunDawg
08-15-2019, 08:02 AM
I'm out on ranking season.

It's a regurgitation of the same stuff every year. Not a fan

msstate7
08-15-2019, 08:08 AM
I'm out on ranking season.

It's a regurgitation of the same stuff every year. Not a fan

I think the ranking of Stevens, corral, and gatewood is basically draw a name out a hat with the limited information available. I disagree with burrow over mond. Who knows on garantano? He had a really nice passer rating as a sophomore, but I'm not sure it's real. I do like he has Jim Chaney as OC, but most don't agree with me on Chaney

BrunswickDawg
08-15-2019, 08:26 AM
I think the ranking of Stevens, corral, and gatewood is basically draw a name out a hat with the limited information available. I disagree with burrow over mond. Who knows on garantano? He had a really nice passer rating as a sophomore, but I'm not sure it's real. I do like he has Jim Chaney as OC, but most don't agree with me on Chaney

I'm one that doesn't agree on Chaney. I haven't thought his offenses under Dooley, Bert, or at Pitt were anything to write home about. His UGA offense was bland at best, and benefited from having a ridiculous depth of talent. But even with that talent they could sputter in the redzone (particularly in 2016, they were better in '17 and '18). That 2016 offense at UGA was a particular shitshow with the talent they had. It's almost like they had a first year HC and a new system, and they had a hard time adjusting. but, that never happens does it??

Tbonewannabe
08-15-2019, 08:42 AM
I don't understand how they put Corral up that high. It isn't like he did anything last year. How is he behind the guy from Auburn? I think Stevens is going to surprise some people this year. The guy from UT was really highly rated out of high school also.

thf24
08-15-2019, 09:59 AM
No issue with Stevens since he's unproven period, let alone in the SEC, but Corral even as high as 50 is braindead. He's a redshirt freshman who has less than half a game of meaningful experience and will be playing in an offense that isn't good for him.

RiverCityDawg
08-15-2019, 10:20 AM
No issue with Stevens since he's unproven period, let alone in the SEC, but Corral even as high as 50 is braindead. He's a redshirt freshman who has less than half a game of meaningful experience and will be playing in an offense that isn't good for him.

And he's literally a crazy-person

BrunswickDawg
08-15-2019, 10:21 AM
And he's literally a crazy-person

yeah, but at least his eyes are level - which is an improvement over their last crazy-person QB

https://d.newsweek.com/en/full/1079329/chad-kelly.png?w=737&f=cb534633e2889bc525399d55c5bcb839

R2Dawg
08-15-2019, 11:46 AM

Yep Corral is a joke at 50, maybe he is Heisman winner but he has shown nothing. They are just going on some recruiting ranking.

Todd4State
08-15-2019, 12:50 PM
Yep Corral is a joke at 50, maybe he is Heisman winner but he has shown nothing. They are just going on some recruiting ranking.

My guess is they are going off of small sample sizes. Which Stevens put up while hurt last year

CadaverDawg
08-15-2019, 01:03 PM
Where's our starting QB?*