PDA

View Full Version : UFC 241

BeastMan
08-15-2019, 06:55 AM
Nate Diaz is back and he signaled his return by lighting a joint on stage at a press run. Yes you read that correctly. Gotta love ole Nate. His match-up with Pettis should be electric. Also a great fight of heavyweights in DC vs Stipe. That?ll be a war. I think both of those big fights will setup even bigger ones in the future. Winner of Pettis/Diaz looks like the perfect place for Conner to come back. Winner of Dc/Stipe could get the Jon Jones fight if JJ moves up to heavyweight. Gonna be wild

stalkingpoon
08-15-2019, 07:51 AM
Keep an eye out for MSU guy Brandon “Killer Bee” Davis. He will be fighting on the undercard. Exciting guy to watch.

StarkVegasSteve
08-15-2019, 08:19 AM
Nate Diaz is back and he signaled his return by lighting a joint on stage at a press run. Yes you read that correctly. Gotta love ole Nate. His match-up with Pettis should be electric. Also a great fight of heavyweights in DC vs Stipe. That?ll be a war. I think both of those big fights will setup even bigger ones in the future. Winner of Pettis/Diaz looks like the perfect place for Conner to come back. Winner of Dc/Stipe could get the Jon Jones fight if JJ moves up to heavyweight. Gonna be wild

With a win by Diaz and a win by Stipe I believe we'll have two superfights set up for next year with Conor/Diaz 3 and Stipe/Johnny Bones. DC will duck Jones.

Scared_Hitless
08-15-2019, 08:31 AM
DC isn't going to duck Jones at HW but Jon isn't going to move up and I doubt DC can get back to 205 at 41 years old. Give me DC, Pettis, and Romero for winners Saturday. Diaz is tough as nails but Pettis is a much more skilled fighter and in a 3 round fight he should be able to keep a good pace and outwork Diaz with Leg Kicks and Movement.

BeastMan
08-15-2019, 11:50 AM
DC isn't going to duck Jones at HW but Jon isn't going to move up and I doubt DC can get back to 205 at 41 years old. Give me DC, Pettis, and Romero for winners Saturday. Diaz is tough as nails but Pettis is a much more skilled fighter and in a 3 round fight he should be able to keep a good pace and outwork Diaz with Leg Kicks and Movement.

The word on Rogan has been that JJ moves up

BeastMan
08-15-2019, 11:50 AM
Keep an eye out for MSU guy Brandon “Killer Bee” Davis. He will be fighting on the undercard. Exciting guy to watch.

Badass man. I’ll have to check that out

StarkVegasSteve
08-15-2019, 12:38 PM
The word on Rogan has been that JJ moves up

Jonny Bones would move up in a heartbeat to take on DC. He truly believes he has DC's number, as do I. Although I'm rooting for Stipe in that fight, the press conferences we would get out of a DC/Jones fight would be amazing. The sandblasting quote by Jones still may be the funniest thing I've ever heard at a UFC press conference, and that's including all the crazy s*** Conor says everytime he speaks.

BeastMan
08-15-2019, 01:32 PM
Jonny Bones would move up in a heartbeat to take on DC. He truly believes he has DC's number, as do I. Although I'm rooting for Stipe in that fight, the press conferences we would get out of a DC/Jones fight would be amazing. The sandblasting quote by Jones still may be the funniest thing I've ever heard at a UFC press conference, and that's including all the crazy s*** Conor says everytime he speaks.

Dont underestimate how badass a Stipe and Jones fight would be. Stipe beat Ngannou and nobody else has came close to taming that monster. This is more down the road but can you imagine Jones moving up and getting the winner of DC/Stipe and then the winner of that fight getting a more polished Ngannou? Holy moly

Leroy Jenkins
08-15-2019, 01:57 PM
Tony Montana pretty much sums up my feelings about the Diaz brothers. However, I will concede that they can take a lot of punishment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeDe8TFaY-8

StarkVegasSteve
08-15-2019, 02:48 PM
Dont underestimate how badass a Stipe and Jones fight would be. Stipe beat Ngannou and nobody else has came close to taming that monster. This is more down the road but can you imagine Jones moving up and getting the winner of DC/Stipe and then the winner of that fight getting a more polished Ngannou? Holy moly

Ngannou is a different type of dude. After what he did to Overeem, I thought we were seeing a guy who might never be beat. Stipe really handled him though. However, that was a year and a half ago. A Jones/Ngannou could be the biggest heavyweight fight the UFC has ever seen.