PDA

View Full Version : Hail State, mfers!

PassInterference
08-15-2019, 01:25 AM
Our OL will be better that its been in a while.

We have the best WR crops since maybe 2014. On paper. But I'll take paper over what we had last year. And the reports from camp sound good.

QB? Keyton is on his 2nd year in the system. Stevens knows the system. No idea what happens here except we will run the QB less and hopefully be closer to Coach Joe's vision of the offense. No reason to think otherwise.

RB is strong for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down RBs. Not sure about depth beyond that. Hill has been underutilized and that should change this year. Our QB won't lead the team in carries, and that will give Kylin a lot more carries. We are in great shape there.

Our DL takes a step backwards. No way to replace Simmons and Sweat. But we have some good to great players coming back who a lot of schools would have loved to have had. We might not be #1 or #2 in the country good, but we will be stout no doubt.

Solid at LB.

If you listen to Steve's Boneyard podcasts, you'll hear reports that our DC says the secondary will be better than last year. Cole is supposed to be and NFL prospect.

If last year's D was a 10, this year is at least an 8.

The offense comes down to QB play and I think we'll be better passing than last year. Hill finally gets utilized like a RB should. Will the WRs be as good as they seem in practice?

In summary, we have only a small downgrade in defense. The offense has some questions to answer, but could be better than last year. Our schedule is certainly better than last year.

Lets's kick this thing off and kick some ass! Hail State!

DownwardDawg
08-15-2019, 06:07 AM
Hail yeah!!!

ScoobaDawg
08-15-2019, 01:11 PM
Every year it's something we are waiting to see... but man.. this waiting to see how good Stevens really is.. and if the Wr's can link up with him.. It's the difference in a 6-7 win season and a 9-10 win season.

Maroonthirteen
08-15-2019, 01:20 PM
Hail State!

If we can protect, I have a feeling Stevens will be SEC new comer of the year.

TrapGame
08-15-2019, 01:33 PM
It is my understanding listening to Steve and a couple of others that this QB competition has really lit a fire under KT. He has seriously upped his game. And that's good all the way round!

Payton is a freak WR. Kylin Hill said he's the best player on offense hands down. He can high point a ball and make NFL catches.

Shoop is a defensive guru who is putting together a SOLID starting lineup w/ some pretty good backups.

RiverCityDawg
08-15-2019, 01:34 PM
Every year it's something we are waiting to see... but man.. this waiting to see how good Stevens really is.. and if the Wr's can link up with him.. It's the difference in a 6-7 win season and a 9-10 win season.

Exactly how I feel. Last year the whole thing was new and a bit of a mystery. This year it really feels like the Stevens/WRs/passing-game thing is the difference between 90% of fans being happy and 90% of fans being miserable.

RiverCityDawg
08-15-2019, 01:41 PM
Payton is a freak WR. Kylin Hill said he's the best player on offense hands down. He can high point a ball and make NFL catches.

Where did you see that Kylin said Payton is the best player on offense hands down?

TrapGame
08-15-2019, 02:24 PM
Where did you see that Kylin said Payton is the best player on offense hands down?

Steve said it this am on Bo Bounds.

Todd4State
08-15-2019, 04:48 PM
It is my understanding listening to Steve and a couple of others that this QB competition has really lit a fire under KT. He has seriously upped his game. And that's good all the way round!

Shoop is a defensive guru who is putting together a SOLID starting lineup w/ some pretty good backups.

That is exactly what I hoped would happen when we got Tommy Stevens. It makes everyone better.

biggun
08-15-2019, 06:51 PM
On D, it will come down to if we can stop the run. We look very average to below average at the DT position which could be a back breaker in SEC games if teams can just run it right down our throats.

On O, our WR’s look below average on paper so can they play above their “pedigree”?? If so, we should be able to remain balanced and feed Hill but if defenses can stack the box due to not respecting our passing game, we are screwed and will finish 7-5 or maybe even 6-6.

Todd4State
08-15-2019, 08:13 PM
On D, it will come down to if we can stop the run. We look very average to below average at the DT position which could be a back breaker in SEC games if teams can just run it right down our throats.

On O, our WR’s look below average on paper so can they play above their “pedigree”?? If so, we should be able to remain balanced and feed Hill but if defenses can stack the box due to not respecting our passing game, we are screwed and will finish 7-5 or maybe even 6-6.

What happened last year in a nutshell was with our question marks- no one stepped up. Especially at QB and WR. If we actually have some players that step up and surprise we could have a really good year.

Bdawg
08-16-2019, 08:09 AM

On O, our WR?s look below average on paper so can they play above their ?pedigree??? If so, we should be able to remain balanced and feed Hill but if defenses can stack the box due to not respecting our passing game, we are screwed and will finish 7-5 or maybe even 6-6.

If our DTs are just good enough to be a stalemate in the run department, our LBs are good enough to clean things up. Now if they are getting pushed off the line, we may be in trouble.

Bdawg
08-16-2019, 08:15 AM
Our OL will be better that its been in a while.

We have the best WR crops since maybe 2014. On paper. But I'll take paper over what we had last year. And the reports from camp sound good.

QB? Keyton is on his 2nd year in the system. Stevens knows the system. No idea what happens here except we will run the QB less and hopefully be closer to Coach Joe's vision of the offense. No reason to think otherwise.

RB is strong for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down RBs. Not sure about depth beyond that. Hill has been underutilized and that should change this year. Our QB won't lead the team in carries, and that will give Kylin a lot more carries. We are in great shape there.

Our DL takes a step backwards. No way to replace Simmons and Sweat. But we have some good to great players coming back who a lot of schools would have loved to have had. We might not be #1 or #2 in the country good, but we will be stout no doubt.

Solid at LB.

If you listen to Steve's Boneyard podcasts, you'll hear reports that our DC says the secondary will be better than last year. Cole is supposed to be and NFL prospect.

If last year's D was a 10, this year is at least an 8.

The offense comes down to QB play and I think we'll be better passing than last year. Hill finally gets utilized like a RB should. Will the WRs be as good as they seem in practice?

In summary, we have only a small downgrade in defense. The offense has some questions to answer, but could be better than last year. Our schedule is certainly better than last year.

Lets's kick this thing off and kick some ass! Hail State!

QB to WR is certainly my biggest question mark(same as last year). But with new faces, we could see some better results, along with it being another year to study the Moorhead offense. I believe the only direction we can go is up with regards to the pass game though. If this connection improves it should only help our defense as they won't be on the field as often. Also I believe our LBs are better than solid.

TrapGame
08-16-2019, 08:30 AM
Steve on 620am this morning talked about the scrimmage and said KT had his best performance of camp. Some thought he played a little better than Tommy.

People thinking we take a big step back on D need to chill. We won't be elite but we will be pretty damn good. Secondary will be even better. Cole is NFL caliber.

Most of the guys looking at suspension are not on the two deep. There are only two guys that are potential starters looking at suspensions.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-16-2019, 08:51 AM

Payton will help the WR core but we need to hold off on the best playmaker on offense.

Pollodawg
08-17-2019, 11:27 AM
I remember last year when Joe said he’d never had a team grasp his offense this quickly, so......

Not be a Debbie Downer, but I’ll hang back. Lol

Pollodawg
08-17-2019, 11:58 AM
DBL post