PDA

View Full Version : Our fans and this board in particular

I seen it dawg
08-14-2019, 08:20 PM
Been observing from afar for awhile and we as a fan base have gotten more fractured by the day and it's ****ing old. It's become a who can be right, who can be right first, who can talk shit about someone to make themselves feel better and on and on with pathetic acts by a lot of people. And it's become the norm and it's gonna stop on this board.

We joke a lot about eating our own but that's what's really happening. Too quick to go after people who are truly bulldogs but you may not like or appreciate their efforts on things or some of their opinions. Too quick to just rip peoples asses who try to provide an insight or some information. Too quick to show how much better you are on a message board. Too much bullshit against each other.

This board was started bc of a unanimous hate of everything ole miss and the want to be uncensored in all things destructive and derogatory to ole miss. Unfortunately over time it's becoming too much of trying to destroy our own and I take some responsibility in that bc I am part of the piece that's let it continue.

This place needs to get back to what it was which is hating ole miss and talking State sports. The negativity on here needs to get tempered to warranted things and the infighting which has become the norm will stop. I don't give a shit how it happens but it's gonna happen.

It's football time. It's time to rally around our program and choke out the ridiculous bullshit posters that spew garbage all the time. By no means is it all sunshine and unicorns but **** the eating our own at every turn to make yourself feel better is gonna get choked out.

Merry Christmas....holeee shit wheres the Tylenol.

Thick
08-14-2019, 08:26 PM
Bravo ol’ boy, bravo!!

DownwardDawg
08-14-2019, 08:26 PM
Thank goodness!!!!

Uncle Ruckus
08-14-2019, 08:29 PM
I can’t wait to see this thread turn into a pissing contest**

Cowbell
08-14-2019, 08:37 PM
Thank you! We can’t see the forest for the trees.

TaleofTwoDogs
08-14-2019, 08:42 PM
Long overdue.

Commercecomet24
08-14-2019, 08:51 PM
Thank you! I always used to believe it was us against the world but as you said been way to much infighting lately.

Natedogg33
08-14-2019, 09:02 PM
Thank you. It would seem as if we didn’t go to a New Year’s Day bowl, make the men’s basketball tournament, go to the elite 8 in women’s basketball, go to Omaha once again or by god throw a javelin pretty well. Trying to one up posters or our administration is garbage.
Did we hit our goals in any of the big three or four? Hell naw. But starting rumors and spouting shit for facts is self defeating. Leave that to the confederates.

Ari Gold
08-14-2019, 09:10 PM
Couldn’t have said it better myself.. oh wait.***

Cooterpoot
08-14-2019, 09:14 PM
Meh, too many people here want info and rumors, but when it’s not what they wanted to hear, they bitch about negativity.
Every board has both sides and people in between. It’s a message board.
Most people still believe we win 7+ games this year. It would suck if everyone just came here and agreed on everything. This shit ain’t important. It’s just something to pass the time, to vent, to discuss different points of view.
My Makers is good tonight.

I seen it dawg
08-14-2019, 09:41 PM
To not be important it sure makes some posters look like total ****ing asshats....

Political Hack
08-14-2019, 09:51 PM
Be nice if we could all pull the rope in the same direction.

Bdawg
08-14-2019, 09:52 PM
Thank you sir!!! Bout time. Tired of threads wandering so far off topic because of a pissing match. That's not to say things can't be discussed or disagreed upon. Heck, it wouldn't be any fun without some difference of opinion. But the childish name calling and pisses matches on here has gotten really stale and has only taken away from the board.

Cooterpoot
08-14-2019, 09:56 PM
To not be important it sure makes some posters look like total ****ing asshats....

No, they?re fans. People that can’t see beyond themselves are the ones that are missing the fun. The idea of everyone thinking and doing the same thing is the most vanilla bullshit there could be.

I seen it dawg
08-14-2019, 10:11 PM
No, they?re fans. People that can’t see beyond themselves are the ones that are missing the fun. The idea of everyone thinking and doing the same thing is the most vanilla bullshit there could be.

Yeah you're right and I'm wrong. Jeesh. No one advocated for sunshine and unicorns to use the words from my original post damn. Just drink your makers you're missing the point.

Bodawg
08-14-2019, 10:34 PM
Came over to this board in 2015. Don't post much, but the negativity toward our coaches and players has gotten out of hand. Glad to hear this.

Cowbell
08-14-2019, 10:55 PM
No, they?re fans. People that can?t see beyond themselves are the ones that are missing the fun. The idea of everyone thinking and doing the same thing is the most vanilla bullshit there could be.

Your second sentence is exactly his point. The third is irrelevant.

MedDawg
08-15-2019, 12:29 AM
Yes! Thank you.

Dawg61
08-15-2019, 12:36 AM
Came over to this board in 2015. Don't post much, but the negativity toward our coaches and players has gotten out of hand. Glad to hear this.

This thread isn't about the negativity towards our coaches and players. It's about negativity from posters towards other posters and it isn't just on this board that it's happening.

PassInterference
08-15-2019, 01:10 AM
Be nice if we could all pull the rope in the same direction.

Where's the like button on this internets site?

MarketingBully
08-15-2019, 04:48 AM

You could argue that the disappointment from an 8-5 season in football last year tainted our entire athletic year in our fans eyes even though by Mississippi State standards it was one of our best athletic years in our history overall. Ironically, if we go 8-5 this year in football it could put a positive spin on our athletic year. The negativity of the board really started with last year’s football season and it never has stopped.

I seen it dawg
08-15-2019, 05:34 AM
This thread isn't about the negativity towards our coaches and players. It's about negativity from posters towards other posters and it isn't just on this board that it's happening.

But bodawg makes a valid point, this board also has gotten way out of control ripping our own players and coaches. I get some of it but we damn sure don't want it to be the norm.

RiverCityDawg
08-15-2019, 05:50 AM
But bodawg makes a valid point, this board also has gotten way out of control ripping our own players and coaches. I get some of it but we damn sure don't want it to be the norm.

I think a little balance and criticism is fine, but overall people read/post here for enjoyment and frankly it's just not enjoyable when certain posters show up every time someone has a positive view to remind us of what sucked last year and how it's probably going to suck again this year except worse. When they do that, other posters who don't see the glass half empty are going to be aggravated. It's just human nature. I don't know how you fix that while a segment has such a negative view of things and uses this platform to vent their frustration.

Like others have said, the funny thing is everyone agrees 7-8 wins, with the "half-empties" leaning 6 is possible and the half-fullers" leaning 9 is possible. It's not this great divide you would think based on some of the threads.

msbulldog
08-15-2019, 06:15 AM
Thank you I seen it. Too many threads just dissolve into a pissing match between a couple of folks and it just makes you want to stop reading.

shannondawg
08-15-2019, 08:09 AM
Thank you!

wild_dawg
08-15-2019, 08:41 AM
I don't post a lot, but I totally agree. Thank you!

RocketCityDawg
08-15-2019, 08:41 AM
Here here!!! Thanks I seen it

Cooterpoot
08-15-2019, 08:47 AM
Our WRs suck. And that has nothing to do with the readability of the board. Who gives a shit if someone’s opinion isn’t the same as yours? It’s ok to be wrong. It’s ok to be positive or negative. Once we lose a game, and we will, all those positives turn negative anyway. If the WRs have a big year, those negatives turn to positives. It’s college football preseason following a somewhat disappointing, but solid season. There’s a justifiable split in opinion until we all see this year’s product. But in the end, it’ll still likely be a 7/8 win season and we’ll still be here next year. Let’s hope for 9+ and then more people will be on the same page. God save us if it’s less than 7 wins.

TrapGame
08-15-2019, 08:47 AM
I just can't stand the negative attitudes toward the head coach and pessimism toward the season. Last year was last year.

Liverpooldawg
08-15-2019, 08:59 AM

Yep

msstate7
08-15-2019, 09:00 AM

The country club and foambat agree

RiverCityDawg
08-15-2019, 09:37 AM
Our WRs suck. And that has nothing to do with the readability of the board. Who gives a shit if someone’s opinion isn’t the same as yours? It’s ok to be wrong. It’s ok to be positive or negative. Once we lose a game, and we will, all those positives turn negative anyway. If the WRs have a big year, those negatives turn to positives.

Problem is someone says "Hey I think the receivers will be better. Payton is turning heads." And then you and certain others jump in and say "Our receivers suck, worst in the league, Payton looks good because the others suck but look at this offer sheet he likely sucks too." People say they think we'll be better, show some optimism and others pop on the scene just in time to piss all over it as if someone said our group will be the greatest of all time and better than Bama. Its over the top. I'll grant you that over the top positive is annoying too, I just don't see too many of those here.

msstate7
08-15-2019, 09:42 AM
Problem is someone says "Hey I think the receivers will be better. Payton is turning heads." And then you and certain others jump in and say "Our receivers suck, worst in the league, Payton looks good because the others suck but look at this offer sheet he likely sucks too." People say they think we'll be better, show some optimism and others pop on the scene just in time to piss all over it as if someone said our group will be the greatest of all time and better than Bama. Its over the top. I'll grant you that over the top positive is annoying too, I just don't see too many of those here.

Is pointing out that the same hype put out this preseason was put out last preseason (different names) out of bounds?

thf24
08-15-2019, 09:50 AM
Our WRs suck. And that has nothing to do with the readability of the board. Who gives a shit if someone?s opinion isn?t the same as yours? It?s ok to be wrong. It?s ok to be positive or negative. Once we lose a game, and we will, all those positives turn negative anyway. If the WRs have a big year, those negatives turn to positives. It?s college football preseason following a somewhat disappointing, but solid season. There?s a justifiable split in opinion until we all see this year?s product. But in the end, it?ll still likely be a 7/8 win season and we?ll still be here next year. Let?s hope for 9+ and then more people will be on the same page. God save us if it?s less than 7 wins.

That's fine and there should be no issue with saying exactly what you just did on any thread. What's not fine and what I believe I seen it is talking about is, when someone for whom it's more fun (because that's what sports spectating and subsequent discussion is ultimately about, fun/recreation/entertainment) to be optimistic responds positively to a post like that, they get aggressively and sometimes even personally disparaged in turn. All that does is create division and bad feelings in a community that's supposed to all be on the same side, simply in the name of selfishly stroking one's ego. It really needs to stop and I'm glad I seen it is going to make that effort.

msstate7
08-15-2019, 09:52 AM
That's fine and there should be no issue with saying exactly what you just did on any thread. What's not fine and what I believe I seen it is talking about is, when someone for whom it's more fun (because that's what sports spectating and subsequent discussion is ultimately about, fun/recreation/entertainment) to be optimistic responds positively to a post like that, they get aggressively and sometimes even personally disparaged in turn. All that does is create division and bad feelings in a community that's supposed to all be on the same side, simply in the name of selfishly stroking one's ego. It really needs to stop and I'm glad I seen it is going to make that effort.

What about the flip side of that? I'm actually very cordial to posters here, yet I get attacked bc they don't like my views.

thf24
08-15-2019, 09:57 AM
What about the flip side of that? I'm actually very cordial to posters here, yet I get attacked bc they don't like my views.

The reverse should definitely apply as well. In my possibly biased observation, the negative attackers cross the line far more often than the positive, but regardless it's not okay either way and will hopefully be dealt with accordingly.

RiverCityDawg
08-15-2019, 09:58 AM
Is pointing out that the same hype put out this preseason was put out last preseason (different names) out of bounds?

To me that's perfectly fair, and I would say that we were better at receiver last year than the year before, as sad as that seems. We can have a conversation about first year in the offense, Fitzgerald not always knowing where to go with the ball, new WR coach this year, Joe taking over the offensive meeting room, etc. as potential reasons why our receivers could be more effective this year. Take a "see it to believe it" approach if you want, I don't blame you and I'm there myself, but I'm also going to acknowledge there are reasons it could be better.

msstate7
08-15-2019, 10:03 AM
To me that's perfectly fair, and I would say that we were better at receiver last year than the year before, as sad as that seems. We can have a conversation about first year in the offense, Fitzgerald not always knowing where to go with the ball, new WR coach this year, Joe taking over the offensive meeting room, etc. as potential reasons why our receivers could be more effective this year. Take a "see it to believe it" approach if you want, I don't blame you and I'm there myself, but I'm also going to acknowledge there are reasons it could be better.

Well I actually think we will be better at wr (experience) and offense in general. I just don't think that necessarily means we will be good at either.

Cowbell
08-15-2019, 10:20 AM
Well I actually think we will be better at wr (experience) and offense in general. I just don't think that necessarily means we will be good at either.

Seven, this is a good example of how people can state their opinion without trashing players and coaches. You were clear that you agree we will improve but you don?t dive into trashing The Who and why we may still not win 9-10. Stuff that causes arguments and gets back to the players we all should be respectful of.

BrunswickDawg
08-15-2019, 10:26 AM

They criticize you more for volume then content - 52,000!!!! LOL

msstate7
08-15-2019, 10:31 AM
They criticize you more for volume then content - 52,000!!!! LOL

With a lot, that's true. Interesting stat... my page has been visited over 57,000 (5000 more than my post count), so some come looking to argue with me, and I'm always happy to oblige haha

StateDawg44
08-15-2019, 10:38 AM

It's not even remotely similar to last year. The media was high on us too. Don't act like you hear the talking heads mentioning MSU as much as they did last year pouring that same hype on thick. That wasn't unique to this board at all.

msstate7
08-15-2019, 10:42 AM
It's not even remotely similar to last year. The media was high on us too. Don't act like you hear the talking heads mentioning MSU as much as they did last year pouring that same hype on thick. That wasn't unique to this board at all.

I was only referring to WR hype in the preseason from fan sites. Sorry for confusion

Dawg2003
08-15-2019, 11:34 AM

Most media outlets picked us to win 8 games last year.

I seen it dawg
08-15-2019, 11:35 AM
Our WRs suck. And that has nothing to do with the readability of the board. Who gives a shit if someone?s opinion isn?t the same as yours? It?s ok to be wrong. It?s ok to be positive or negative. Once we lose a game, and we will, all those positives turn negative anyway. If the WRs have a big year, those negatives turn to positives. It?s college football preseason following a somewhat disappointing, but solid season. There?s a justifiable split in opinion until we all see this year?s product. But in the end, it?ll still likely be a 7/8 win season and we?ll still be here next year. Let?s hope for 9+ and then more people will be on the same page. God save us if it?s less than 7 wins.

This ain't the WRs suck thread. Go find another one for it god knows they are easy to find.

I seen it dawg
08-15-2019, 11:37 AM
The country club and foambat agree

Both of which are gone and in the past...like last yr football.

Dawg61
08-15-2019, 11:45 AM
With a lot, that's true. Interesting stat... my page has been visited over 57,000 (5000 more than my post count), so some come looking to argue with me, and I'm always happy to oblige haha

57,000 of them are posters trying to figure out how to put you on their ignore list**

basedog
08-15-2019, 11:52 AM
Both of which are gone and in the past...like last yr football.

Yes, it's really bad when fans can't move alone and look ahead instead of looking back. I guarantee Joe learned way more from last year. Now I'm hoping he is settled in, his recruiting with the staff has improved as much as any Coach in Msu history that I remember. I have no doubt that he can Coach, it's just a fact being in the Sec west is brutal to say the least.
I'm all for Joe succeeded as he seems and comes across as a great guy who the players like.

yjnkdawg
08-15-2019, 12:33 PM
Been observing from afar for awhile and we as a fan base have gotten more fractured by the day and it's ****ing old. It's become a who can be right, who can be right first, who can talk shit about someone to make themselves feel better and on and on with pathetic acts by a lot of people. And it's become the norm and it's gonna stop on this board.

We joke a lot about eating our own but that's what's really happening. Too quick to go after people who are truly bulldogs but you may not like or appreciate their efforts on things or some of their opinions. Too quick to just rip peoples asses who try to provide an insight or some information. Too quick to show how much better you are on a message board. Too much bullshit against each other.

This board was started bc of a unanimous hate of everything ole miss and the want to be uncensored in all things destructive and derogatory to ole miss. Unfortunately over time it's becoming too much of trying to destroy our own and I take some responsibility in that bc I am part of the piece that's let it continue.

This place needs to get back to what it was which is hating ole miss and talking State sports. The negativity on here needs to get tempered to warranted things and the infighting which has become the norm will stop. I don't give a shit how it happens but it's gonna happen.

It's football time. It's time to rally around our program and choke out the ridiculous bullshit posters that spew garbage all the time. By no means is it all sunshine and unicorns but **** the eating our own at every turn to make yourself feel better is gonna get choked out.

Thanks I Seen It. Very well stated. A few on this board just can't wait to report something negative concerning our football program, and have to be the first to report a rumor or something that may actually be a fact, that can be detrimental to our program concerning the timing. There is a proper time and way of announcing this in the best interest of MSU athletics, and that is not on a message board. The folks up at Oxford love when somebody jumps the gun on a MSU message board such as that. OR should I say a few (Big Time Money Boosters) in the Jackson metro area love it even more. That is used against us in recruiting.

Doggie_Style
08-15-2019, 12:49 PM
People, I just want to say, you know, can we all JUST get along? Can we get along? Can we stop making it, making it horrible for the older people and the kids? … It’s just not right. It’s not right. It’s not.............Rodney King 1992

Todd4State
08-15-2019, 12:52 PM
Yes, it's really bad when fans can't move alone and look ahead instead of looking back. I guarantee Joe learned way more from last year. Now I'm hoping he is settled in, his recruiting with the staff has improved as much as any Coach in Msu history that I remember. I have no doubt that he can Coach, it's just a fact being in the Sec west is brutal to say the least.
I'm all for Joe succeeded as he seems and comes across as a great guy who the players like.

MSU fans in general are the worst about looking back. Which is not good and irrational.

trojandawg
08-15-2019, 01:03 PM
Kumbya...

it's takes both kinds to make a sports message board work. I agree some folks are only critical, but starts to get real sheepish if you don't have the critical. it also gets the point of the people you hate when you don't acknowledge problems in your own program. sometimes it comes off like delusional ones to the north if you sunshine pump everything and don't call a spade a spade. and everyone has their own opinion so they may think we do suck or our coach does suck just like some of our fans think we are going to go 10-2 this year or better. ying and yang. I think it makes the board more enjoyable.

Dawg2003
08-15-2019, 01:13 PM
Message boards are what they are. I've been around a lot of them in my years. If you want a message board to look a certain way, you make rules, and ban posters who don't follow the rules. Otherwise, you accept it for what it is.

Dawg61
08-15-2019, 01:21 PM
There's not much self reflection taking place in this thread. Stop being a dickhead to other MSU fans. It's not that difficult. I can certainly improve on this and I am far from the only one.

Turfdawg67
08-15-2019, 01:57 PM
57,000 of them are posters trying to figure out how to put you on their ignore list**

Didn't even know we had "pages". LOL! And this dude is checking to see how many ppl visit?? He prob monitors his rep points too. There 7, in the spirit of this thread, I gave your page a visit.

LC Dawg
08-15-2019, 03:05 PM
The bottom line is that most of the posters on here are Mississippi State fans and we love Mississippi State and want to see all our teams succeed. I think it's natural to be optimistic about a team you love even though history and facts say otherwise. No one is saying that every post has to be positive but on the flip side every positive statement does not have to be met with negativity from the same 3-5 posters. And then if they don't get enough of a reaction it seems they go the insult route. One Mississippi State fan calling another Mississippi State fan stupid because they think the football team is going to win 10 games adds nothing to this board. It takes away from the board in my opinion.

Turfdawg67
08-15-2019, 03:29 PM
The bottom line is that most of the posters on here are Mississippi State fans and we love Mississippi State and want to see all our teams succeed. I think it's natural to be optimistic about a team you love even though history and facts say otherwise. No one is saying that every post has to be positive but on the flip side every positive statement does not have to be met with negativity from the same 3-5 posters. And then if they don't get enough of a reaction it seems they go the insult route. One Mississippi State fan calling another Mississippi State fan stupid because they think the football team is going to win 10 games adds nothing to this board. It takes away from the board in my opinion.

Funny how those 3-5 will write dissertations explaining why we suck but always add the caveat "but I hope I'm wrong". That way they "win" either way. IMO they aren't true fans but narcissists looking for attention.

yjnkdawg
08-15-2019, 03:34 PM
Funny how those 3-5 will write dissertations explaining why we suck but always add the caveat "but I hope I'm wrong". That way they "win" either way. IMO they aren't true fans but narcissists looking for attention.

Sums it up pretty well, I believe.

thf24
08-15-2019, 03:43 PM

I wouldn't say full on narcissist for most (not all), but it does make a prediction kind of pointless when you don't even risk any standing by making it double-ended. Almost as annoying as those who make "insider"-esque claims based on either hot air or someone else's information.

I seen it dawg
08-15-2019, 04:26 PM
There's not much self reflection taking place in this thread. Stop being a dickhead to other MSU fans. It's not that difficult. I can certainly improve on this and I am far from the only one.

This is a good post

MidTNDawg
08-15-2019, 05:16 PM
I really think a part of the problem is we have posters trying to impress everyone else with how much he poster knows. I believe they only succeed in showing how little they know.

ScoobaDawg
08-15-2019, 05:50 PM
I really think a part of the problem is we have posters trying to impress everyone else with how much he poster knows. I believe they only succeed in showing how little they know.

Welcome to the internet.. it's all a dick measuring contest.

gravedigger
08-15-2019, 06:14 PM

I will admit I am part of the problem from the opposite side. My problem is with trolls who are not genuine and just want to appear to be credible by making a statement against interest. It is rarely thoughtful, if ever. They mouth off preseason and pitch a fit when a coach fails to play who they want with the call they want. They are the most thin skinned when called on it and run for cover when their impetulant tantrums fail to produce the results they insist upon.

I do not have a problem with the differing opinion. It is the uninformed, emotional arrogance it is stated with.

Newsflash. Confidence is not a replacement for wisdom. Look up the Dunning Kruger effect if you dont believe me.

The Federalist Engineer
08-15-2019, 07:04 PM
My advice is use the Ignore button very liberally.

Only problem is we have a particular troll/moderator that you can’t put on Ignore.

PCHSDawg
08-15-2019, 07:29 PM
My advice is use the Ignore button very liberally.

Only problem is we have a particular troll/moderator that you can’t put on Ignore.
I've noticed the same thing myself.

BeardoMSU
08-15-2019, 07:53 PM
Welcome to the internet.. it's all a dick measuring contest.

https://media.giphy.com/media/69iARAlGmCoATIYlIo/giphy.gif

Coach34
08-15-2019, 09:22 PM
I love Mississippi State University.

Because of my love for MSU- my life has certainly been exciting at times. It has cost me because of OM people with their hate, diligence and influence to make my employment a tougher ordeal. But ya know what? I dont care because I hate them with a passion and I will always overcome in the end because I'm ****ing good at what I do. They can't stop that