PDA

View Full Version : Richard Cross discussing Ole Miss and MSU schedules today

Lord McBuckethead
08-14-2019, 05:20 PM
Calculated UM is somewhere between 3 and 5 wins. Sounds about right.

Commercecomet24
08-14-2019, 05:56 PM
Wow a fairly accurate assessment from ol dick.

Maroonthirteen
08-14-2019, 05:57 PM
I know we have home games, pretty much, the same weekend, all season long. I wish the sec would work with State and OM on that. I’m sure it has some affect on attendance.

msu15
08-14-2019, 06:59 PM
I know we have home games, pretty much, the same weekend, all season long. I wish the sec would work with State and OM on that. I?m sure it has some affect on attendance.

Uhhhhh......

viverlibre
08-14-2019, 07:11 PM
That show us much better without Matt Wyatt. They did not have good chemistry on the air. It's much better with Cross and the two lackeys.

Maroonthirteen
08-14-2019, 07:12 PM
Uhhhhh......

I’ll be at the USM, Kstate and EggBowl if you want to check my dog tag.

Jack Lambert
08-14-2019, 07:46 PM
That show us much better without Matt Wyatt. They did not have good chemistry on the air. It's much better with Cross and the two lackeys.

Did you forget the *************** after that post? Matt made the show.

Captain Falcon
08-14-2019, 08:13 PM
Did you forget the *************** after that post? Matt made the show.

He did, but I am also of the opinion that Matt doing his own show and Cross doing his own show are both better than when the two of them were together.

TaleofTwoDogs
08-14-2019, 08:48 PM
Uhhhhh......

The theory is that some fans are just college football fans and having both SEC teams (and USM) at home during the same weekends will split this fan base. If one team is on the road, more fans may go to the home team's game. That the theory anyway.

viverlibre
08-14-2019, 09:11 PM
For me Wyatt is just too vanillia, I don't listen to him, I do listen to Brooks and Jake.

Maroonthirteen
08-14-2019, 10:10 PM
I know a good number of people that are “house divided” families.

Homedawg
08-14-2019, 11:09 PM

It's better wo borkey. He sucks. Rippy is actually good imo. But he can't overcome borkey he's so bad. He is just awful

Homedawg
08-14-2019, 11:09 PM
The theory is that some fans are just college football fans and having both SEC teams (and USM) at home during the same weekends will split this fan base. If one team is on the road, more fans may go to the home team's game. That the theory anyway.

Wrong theory.

Lord McBuckethead
08-15-2019, 01:15 AM
I know a good number of people that are “house divided” families.

How the hell does someone marry those people?

Lord McBuckethead
08-15-2019, 01:17 AM
Another intersting thing they said, anything more than 4 wins for UM is going to be fantastic. I kind of agree. 6 wins is the ceiling and that is also what it would take for their fans to be over joyed. I mean, they really look like they are going to be bad.

timotheus
08-15-2019, 07:04 AM
I don't care if they win 4 or 5 games, if they lose to Memphis the gig will be up before 2pm on Aug 31.

Hambone
08-15-2019, 07:25 AM
Very easy. My wife has a masters and PhD from Ole Miss. undergrad from
Armstrong in Savannah Georgia. She’s the least Ole Miss person I’ve ever met, but she’s an alumn.

Jack Lambert
08-15-2019, 08:03 AM
He did, but I am also of the opinion that Matt doing his own show and Cross doing his own show are both better than when the two of them were together.

I have listen to Dick's show twice since Matt left. It's not any good.

Maroonthirteen
08-15-2019, 08:14 AM
Another intersting thing 6 wins is the ceiling and that is also what it would take for their fans to be over joyed. I mean, they really look like they are going to be bad.

That NCAA investigation and ultimately the penalties kicked them in the nuts. Coral isn’t as good as Hawaii 5.0 and they dont have anybody like Brown and Metcalf.

DownwardDawg
08-15-2019, 08:15 AM
Wrong theory.

I know a couple State guys that go to USM games when they are at home and we play away or are off.

Johnson85
08-15-2019, 08:44 AM
Wrong theory.

That definitely has some effect, if for no other reason than high school kids. Our Junior and Senior year of high school, if there was a home game, we went. If only one team had a home game, we all went to the same place. If they both had a home game, we split up. Not sure if that describes more than a thousand kids all together, but it's something. I assume there is a similar effect with house divided type families, but I'm guessing most of those don't really go every single weekend and more likely say "we're going to six games, here's how they are divided up."

Tbonewannabe
08-15-2019, 08:45 AM
I like Cross when he calls games but I wasn't able to listen to that show when I lived in Flowood. At the time it was no negatives to be said about UM but let's trash MSU at any opportunity and Wyatt pretty much went along with it.

biggun
08-15-2019, 10:50 AM
How the hell does someone marry those people?

Are you serious????

R2Dawg
08-15-2019, 12:01 PM
I like Cross when he calls games but I wasn't able to listen to that show when I lived in Flowood. At the time it was no negatives to be said about UM but let's trash MSU at any opportunity and Wyatt pretty much went along with it.

I never got to listen when Matt was on but now I do. I have to say Richard does a decent job of being neutral and the whole crew is pretty realistic. Haydad keeps them honest too. I did think they were way too hard on Dak discussions in NFL. They can't seem to stand how well Dak has done. They also pump up Olemiss baseball way too much like they are equal to MSU (big laugher right there). That is like saying we are close to Bama in football. Other than those two areas, I think they have done a pretty good job.

Lord McBuckethead
08-15-2019, 02:47 PM
Are you serious????

Yes. Dead serious. Hell my wife is from Alabama, and her entire family are Bama fans. I had major reservations and it was a factor when I asked her to marry me. Luckily she is a Bulldog fan and hates bama, so it worked out.
I couldn't imagine if her family were Ole Miss fans. I would have ghosted her the second I found out about it while dating.

Lord McBuckethead
08-15-2019, 02:48 PM
I will add, I could have looked past it, if she was a doctor or something.

fishwater99
08-15-2019, 02:53 PM

SEC just trying to keep our home state down..

Tbonewannabe
08-15-2019, 04:01 PM
I never got to listen when Matt was on but now I do. I have to say Richard does a decent job of being neutral and the whole crew is pretty realistic. Haydad keeps them honest too. I did think they were way too hard on Dak discussions in NFL. They can't seem to stand how well Dak has done. They also pump up Olemiss baseball way too much like they are equal to MSU (big laugher right there). That is like saying we are close to Bama in football. Other than those two areas, I think they have done a pretty good job.

It must be since I left which was about 5 or so years ago. He was always a snarky dickhead except when they had a guest on the show. If he did give State a compliment then it was a backhanded one.

Lord McBuckethead
08-15-2019, 04:11 PM
It must be since I left which was about 5 or so years ago. He was always a snarky dickhead except when they had a guest on the show. If he did give State a compliment then it was a backhanded one.

He really did give MSU compliments yesterday. Matter of fact, everyone on the show was discussing the potential of this upcoming team. They were exact opposite when discussing ole miss. Most agreed that they should be happy if they get to 5 wins and really really thrilled if they found a way to 6, with some competitive games.

viverlibre
08-15-2019, 06:03 PM

That show was terrible with him and Matt and yes he threw in backhanded jabs at MSU (that Matt couldn't deflect). Since Matt left, he has stopped doing that and the show is much better. IMO, Matt needs someone like Beav on his show to liven it up, he is just too dry to carry a radio show by himself.

viverlibre
08-15-2019, 06:06 PM
That definitely has some effect, if for no other reason than high school kids. Our Junior and Senior year of high school, if there was a home game, we went. If only one team had a home game, we all went to the same place. If they both had a home game, we split up. Not sure if that describes more than a thousand kids all together, but it's something. I assume there is a similar effect with house divided type families, but I'm guessing most of those don't really go every single weekend and more likely say "we're going to six games, here's how they are divided up."

I know several "house divided" famlies who go to a couple games a year in Starkville and a couple in Oxford. Additionally, there are those who are not hard core fans and will go to either place when invited or get free tickets, etc.

RocketDawg
08-15-2019, 06:07 PM
Very easy. My wife has a masters and PhD from Ole Miss. undergrad from
Armstrong in Savannah Georgia. She?s the least Ole Miss person I?ve ever met, but she?s an alumn.

I believe it's typical that people have allegiance to their undergraduate school, not their grad schools. I'm certainly that way, and my grad school is only about 5 miles from my house. I don't think it would matter even if they were a Division I powerhouse.

RocketDawg
08-15-2019, 06:09 PM

He certainly seems to be neutral when broadcasting basketball games.

biggun
08-15-2019, 09:34 PM
Yes. Dead serious. Hell my wife is from Alabama, and her entire family are Bama fans. I had major reservations and it was a factor when I asked her to marry me. Luckily she is a Bulldog fan and hates bama, so it worked out.
I couldn't imagine if her family were Ole Miss fans. I would have ghosted her the second I found out about it while dating.

Sorry, but my wife went to Ole Miss and we have been very happily married for 23 years, and several of my best friends who also went to MSU also married “hotties” from Ole Miss.