PDA

View Full Version : If all this suspensions are true....

Jack Lambert
08-13-2019, 09:31 PM
Do we have the dumbest compliance in the SEC? Who else offers suspensions? Seems like we have some limp dick, weak back, candy asses that caves too easy. My perception might be wrong but history with this seem we have a bunch of Candy Asses.

Cooterpoot
08-13-2019, 09:34 PM
Well, see MO.

Todd4State
08-13-2019, 09:40 PM
Historically we have over-punished ourselves to make the NCAA leave.

Doggie_Style
08-13-2019, 09:43 PM
Has Whop left the team?

Homedawg
08-13-2019, 09:43 PM
Historically we have over-punished ourselves to make the NCAA leave.

Again Missouri got hammered.... so maybe we aren't so bad

msstate7
08-13-2019, 09:51 PM
Has Whop left the team?

Where did this come from? That would suck

HoopsDawg
08-13-2019, 09:54 PM
Has Whop left the team?

he's definitely not with the team right now. i haven't heard one way or the other if he's coming back. Probably not is my GUESS.

Political Hack
08-13-2019, 09:55 PM

He wasn't commenting on this particular situation, but historically he's right. Hopefully the game number being floated is wrong, or premature.

Todd4State
08-13-2019, 10:07 PM
He wasn't commenting on this particular situation, but historically he's right. Hopefully the game number being floated is wrong, or premature.

Thank you.

msstate7
08-13-2019, 10:07 PM
he's definitely not with the team right now. i haven't heard one way or the other if he's coming back. Probably not is my GUESS.

Disgruntled about depth chart or what?

BrunswickDawg
08-13-2019, 10:08 PM

According to Paul Jones he was at practice today. So.....

EDIT - what Paul wrote was unclear. In one sentence he says Whop had nice catches, then in the next says he was unable to scrimmage Saturday and has been absent all week. Who knows

HoopsDawg
08-13-2019, 10:14 PM

EDIT - what Paul wrote was unclear. In one sentence he says Whop had nice catches, then in the next says he was unable to scrimmage Saturday and has been absent all week. Who knows

He wasn't there bro.

Irondawg
08-13-2019, 10:19 PM
Curious for sure. Could be a legit family reason, could be he’s part of the suspension issue but I would have thought that would have been known internally by now and last I saw he was running 2nd string and was having a good camp

Todd4State
08-13-2019, 10:20 PM

I thought the scrimmage was closed to the media?

Cooterpoot
08-13-2019, 10:20 PM
Whop left for a family issue.

BuckyIsAB****
08-13-2019, 10:31 PM
I think we need to take a deep breath and relax. Even if it is worst case (WGJ and KT) we have enough players at those spots to be ok until they come back. Tbh, and I hate to say this but those 2 are the only ones that I heard that concerned me any. I havent heard any OL or DL involved. One person on here said Autry, and that would indeed suck but there is also word that Lovett has had a good camp. So I guess it depends on what you want to believe haha

ShotgunDawg
08-13-2019, 10:55 PM
Word is that if we have suspensions we get to pick the games.

Meaning, a player could be suspended for 3 games but those 3 games could be ULL, Abilene, & USM.

Look, I realize you guys think we are candy asses, but if we can get the NCAA off campus by just offering a completely Charmin level penalty, then it's more than worth it.

dantheman4248
08-13-2019, 10:57 PM

Meaning, a player could be suspended for 3 games but those 3 games could be ULL, Abilene, & USM.

Look, I realize you guys think we are candy asses, but if we can get the NCAA off campus by just offering a completely Charmin level penalty, then it's more than worth it.

I’m more confused how they even got here in the first place. Self-reporting stuff like this is the only way they get on campus, or am I wrong? How else would they know? No one is staring and reporting us like everyone did with OM and now Georgia.

BuckyIsAB****
08-13-2019, 11:01 PM

Thats great but what if its 8 games, I heard that 8 was the ruling and that we are trying to get it changed

HoopsDawg
08-13-2019, 11:02 PM
I’m more confused how they even got here in the first place. Self-reporting stuff like this is the only way they get on campus, or am I wrong? How else would they know? No one is staring and reporting us like everyone did with OM and now Georgia.

Not if a tutor or someone had a vendetta.

Coach34
08-13-2019, 11:03 PM
I think we need to take a deep breath and relax. Even if it is worst case (WGJ and KT) we have enough players at those spots to be ok until they come back. Tbh, and I hate to say this but those 2 are the only ones that I heard that concerned me any. I havent heard any OL or DL involved. One person on here said Autry, and that would indeed suck but there is also word that Lovett has had a good camp. So I guess it depends on what you want to believe haha

Whop, Autry, Gay, and 3 more are the ones RUMORED to face multiple games. We'll know soon enough

Todd4State
08-13-2019, 11:05 PM
Whop left for a family issue.

Wanting to transfer colleges could certainly be considered a "family issue".

Todd4State
08-13-2019, 11:06 PM
Whop, Autry, Gay, and 3 more are the ones RUMORED to face multiple games. We'll know soon enough

Why would MSU announce it? We've had plenty of players suspended and it wasn't released by MSU until gameday. See Fitz last year.

bulldawg28
08-13-2019, 11:49 PM

Are the 3 others starters?

Cooterpoot
08-13-2019, 11:56 PM
Wanting to transfer colleges could certainly be considered a "family issue".

He knows he got to sit multiple games. Doesn’t matter where he plays, he’s sitting. He put in a lot of work in the offseason. I’d let the air clear.

FriarsPoint
08-14-2019, 12:00 AM

Exhibit 1 why I no longer pay for MSU sports news

Todd4State
08-14-2019, 12:13 AM

If that's the case I feel OK about it because I would say it's safe to assume that the "3 more" are players that aren't as prominent as the first three mentioned. Really, Autry would be the biggest loss. Tim Washington is a fifth year senior and is a solid college player and I'm sure we're going to use two LB's a majority of the time anyway. Whop probably would be in the second rotation of WR's at best.

He knows he got to sit multiple games. Doesn’t matter where he plays, he’s sitting. He put in a lot of work in the offseason. I’d let the air clear.

I agree.

BuckyIsAB****
08-14-2019, 12:17 AM
Are the 3 others starters?

This is the most important question. I love Whop but we can be good without him in 2019. Autry would sting more but its not a killer, Willie Gay would be the biggest blow. Leo will have to play well, from all accounts he had his best spring and best fall camp so far that he has ever had. We are going to need that if Willie is suspended. Leo Lewis's biggest problem is that he is not a great athlete, he is tough and will strike you, pretty good instincts, but he is not that good in space. Willie Gay can do it all

Cooterpoot
08-14-2019, 12:25 AM
Its going to be worse than just those three.

Bothrops
08-14-2019, 12:52 AM
If this turns out to be true and we lose multiple starters for more than 4 games, then I'm readjusting my expectations for the season.

MarketingBully
08-14-2019, 05:12 AM
If this turns out to be true and we lose multiple starters for more than 4 games, then I'm readjusting my expectations for the season.

If this is true a number of coaches and athletic staff need to be ****ing fired.

bulldawg28
08-14-2019, 05:58 AM
If this is true a number of coaches and athletic staff need to be ****ing fired.

Agreed

MarketingBully
08-14-2019, 06:35 AM
Good going C34. You are all over the Rebel boards now with your “info” from these two threads. I do think it’s weird how the papers haven’t picked this up if it indeed is as wide spread as some have said. Time will tell but you guys have given great fodder for the red and blue.

Lord McBuckethead
08-14-2019, 06:57 AM
Sounds like someone is trying to move the line?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-14-2019, 07:20 AM

But they're also fighting it now. I prefer our compliance method over some others and it seems like a lot of their time deals with cleaning up messes caused by people who don't know what the hell theyre doing.

yjnkdawg
08-14-2019, 08:19 AM
Good going C34. You are all over the Rebel boards now with your “info” from these two threads. I do think it’s weird how the papers haven’t picked this up if it indeed is as wide spread as some have said. Time will tell but you guys have given great fodder for the red and blue.

A few people, on this board, just can't understand that not all who come to this board want the best for MSU athletics. But it is what it is.

Covercorner2
08-14-2019, 08:33 AM

For what its worth, I asked Rosebowl last night in the 247 chat *IF* the suspension rumors are true if he thought it affected our win total this year, and he said "no." He also said we will be allowed to pick the games for the suspensions. For example, if you have lets say 5 guys suspended for 4-6 games, that won't be THAT bad as we can sit them for ULL, USM, KSU, UK, Abilene, Arkansas, etc....

We can probably beat those teams without Whop, Autry, and Gay. If anything, maybe bet the other teams against the spread.

I get the feeling something will come down the pipe, but it won't be anything of significant detriment to our success this season or the program's future.

And before you say "Rosebowl says KT is not suspended for the opener, yet now he says there will be suspensions," KT may not be a part of this development and, again, if he is we may sit him for a different game.

I wouldn't normally post premium info, but I think its important for everyone to chill out lol.

Doggie_Style
08-14-2019, 08:34 AM
A few people, on this board, just can't understand that not all who come to this board want the best for MSU athletics. But it is what it is.

I get what you are saying but this situation goes back to 2018 and we are just 17 days from kickoff without as much as a peep out of our administration. There is a lot of smoke here and it's time to clear the air.

BuckyIsAB****
08-14-2019, 08:40 AM
I get what you are saying but this situation goes back to 2018 and we are just 17 days from kickoff without as much as a peep out of our administration. There is a lot of smoke here and it's time to clear the air.

I think we are just waiting on the ruling.

BuckyIsAB****
08-14-2019, 08:41 AM
Its going to be worse than just those three.

It seems like everything is always worst case with you haha

yjnkdawg
08-14-2019, 08:54 AM

I'm not sure how posting something on a message board is going to clear the air. Also timing, and the method of doing so is a key on announcing bad news, but some on here don't get that. However it does give those in the OM fan base, who want to tear down our football program just what they want to hear, and I 'm not talking about some crappy posters on the OM message boards............. So Congratulations.***

BeastMan
08-14-2019, 09:25 AM
For what its worth, I asked Rosebowl last night in the 247 chat *IF* the suspension rumors are true if he thought it affected our win total this year, and he said "no." He also said we will be allowed to pick the games for the suspensions. For example, if you have lets say 5 guys suspended for 4-6 games, that won't be THAT bad as we can sit them for ULL, USM, KSU, UK, Abilene, Arkansas, etc....

We can probably beat those teams without Whop, Autry, and Gay. If anything, maybe bet the other teams against the spread.

I get the feeling something will come down the pipe, but it won't be anything of significant detriment to our success this season or the program's future.

And before you say "Rosebowl says KT is not suspended for the opener, yet now he says there will be suspensions," KT may not be a part of this development and, again, if he is we may sit him for a different game.

I wouldn't normally post premium info, but I think its important for everyone to chill out lol.

Steve said on his pod last week that no one was suspended. And now he?s saying they?re not suspended but if we are we can pick the games? Mother of god I cannot believe people pay for that.

msstate7
08-14-2019, 09:28 AM
Steve said on his pod last week that no one was suspended. And now he?s saying they?re not suspended but if we are we can pick the games? Mother of god I cannot believe people pay for that.

Trying to think of an instance where the ncaa suspended a player and the school could choose which games to serve the suspension. Anyone got an example?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-14-2019, 09:28 AM
I think we are just waiting on the ruling.

Good thing we have a history with the NCAA and favorable rulings. We get can't get Love from Louisville qualified to play this year but Florida State gets a QB cleared no problems.

Covercorner2
08-14-2019, 09:29 AM

Well, I mean no one was suspended as of last week, and still no one is as of now. So he wasn't wrong...

If I have learned anything through following recruiting, message boards, etc. you have to pay attention to how things are worded....

Dawgology
08-14-2019, 09:29 AM
Trying to think of an instance where the ncaa suspended a player and the school could choose which games to serve the suspension. Anyone got an example?

Pretty much all of them when it's a secondary violation.

msstate7
08-14-2019, 09:33 AM
Pretty much all of them when it's a secondary violation.

Isn't the rumor nick weatherspoon will get a 10-game suspension? Will we be able to pick and choose which games he sits?

Covercorner2
08-14-2019, 09:33 AM

I could be wrong, but I think the thought is that we are offering up self-imposed suspensions to the NCAA. And self-imposed suspensions usually allow the team to pick the games. Like, we know we messed up, here is how we are going to fix it kind of deal.

msstate7
08-14-2019, 09:34 AM
I could be wrong, but I think the thought is that we are offering up self-imposed suspensions to the NCAA. And self-imposed suspensions usually allow the team to pick the games. Like, we know we messed up, here is how we are going to fix it kind of deal.

Then what's the appeal for? Seems an appeal would be to reduce the ncaa's ruling

Covercorner2
08-14-2019, 09:37 AM
Then what's the appeal for? Seems an appeal would be to reduce the ncaa's ruling

I haven't heard anything about an appeal, but maybe we offered up something that they didn't accept?

Chinchilla
08-14-2019, 10:43 AM
He also said we will be allowed to pick the games for the suspensions. For example, if you have lets say 5 guys suspended for 4-6 games, that won't be THAT bad as we can sit them for ULL, USM, KSU, UK, Abilene, Arkansas, etc....

Is there precedence for this? I find that very difficult to believe.

Dawgology
08-14-2019, 10:45 AM
Is there precedence for this? I find that very difficult to believe.

Alabama did it last year with several of their players for secondary violations.

GreenheadDawg
08-14-2019, 10:45 AM
It seems like everything is always worst case with you haha

Yes it is and he always posts like he has ?inside? info but actually never posts any details. Odd.

NCDawg
08-14-2019, 11:16 AM
Good thing we have a history with the NCAA and favorable rulings. We get can't get Love from Louisville qualified to play this year but Florida State gets a QB cleared no problems.

Yeah, I noticed that ,too. Has anybody questioned what is the difference in Louisville QB transfer to Florida State getting qualified, and our transfer from Louisville, Love, not being qualified?

drunkernhelldawg
08-14-2019, 11:29 AM
I?m more confused how they even got here in the first place. Self-reporting stuff like this is the only way they get on campus, or am I wrong? How else would they know? No one is staring and reporting us like everyone did with OM and now Georgia.

I think that honesty is required. Cover up and lying are not viable options, imo. That would be a hell of an example for Mississippi's premiere educational institution to set.

RiverCityDawg
08-14-2019, 12:00 PM
I think that honesty is required. Cover up and lying are not viable options, imo. That would be a hell of an example for Mississippi's premiere educational institution to set.

Yeah the same people that think we should skirt the rules, not self report and think we mishandled the Will Redmond situation are the first ones to make fun of ole miss for their NCAA troubles and compliance incompetence. In retrospect the Redmond deal could have been disastrous had we not self reported and instead the NCAA got wind and we acted like everything was fine. See ole miss Barney Farrar and Leo Lewis.

msstate7
08-14-2019, 12:03 PM
Alabama did it last year with several of their players for secondary violations.

What players?

Bdaski
08-14-2019, 12:19 PM
I haven't heard anything about an appeal, but maybe we offered up something that they didn't accept?

I'm Sure the trial of JWS and the NCAA didn't sit too well with the ncaa. But, it also may look like the ncaa is coming down hard on MSU and that would leave a negative feeling for jumping on MSU right after that ruling in JWS's case, which I know MSU wasn't listed, but it was during the time JWS was coaching at MSU.

fishwater99
08-14-2019, 12:45 PM

He's as bad as Yancy..

Jack Lambert
08-14-2019, 12:48 PM
He's as bad as Yancy..

With out the Glory Hole.

Tbonewannabe
08-14-2019, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I noticed that ,too. Has anybody questioned what is the difference in Louisville QB transfer to Florida State getting qualified, and our transfer from Louisville, Love, not being qualified?

Or Justin Fields at OSU. Guy leaves UGA because he heard the N word at a baseball game and moves away from home almost 9 hours. Most of the guys get some kind of moving closer to home exemption but not Fields.

Tbonewannabe
08-14-2019, 01:16 PM
Yeah the same people that think we should skirt the rules, not self report and think we mishandled the Will Redmond situation are the first ones to make fun of ole miss for their NCAA troubles and compliance incompetence. In retrospect the Redmond deal could have been disastrous had we not self reported and instead the NCAA got wind and we acted like everything was fine. See ole miss Barney Farrar and Leo Lewis.

Ole Miss should have at minimum gotten what USCw got but instead got what we got under Croom. Hell, just what was proven by the media and Tunsil should have gotten them damn near the death penalty.

dantheman4248
08-14-2019, 03:00 PM

Except... this isn?t paying players. This sounds like a rogue tutor doing HW for kids trying to set us up and screw us over. Why? Idk. Probably thought he could bribe a pay day and the student athletes weren?t gonna bat an eye at someone doing HW for them. (When I tutored at the school (for non-athletes) it was generally helping them on homework. My style of teaching is to walk through the problem process explaining why to think about certain things.) I think this is something being blown out of proportion as ?cheating?.

TrapGame
08-14-2019, 03:13 PM
Ole Miss should have at minimum gotten what USCw got but instead got what we got under Croom. Hell, just what was proven by the media and Tunsil should have gotten them damn near the death penalty.

SEC makes too much money to do stuff like that now. They could not penalize om w/ a massive loss of revenue. If they had come down with the hammer of the gods om would have lost tens of millions and they would have been the Fredo Corleone of the SEC for at least ten years. Unfortunately the NCAA treated om as a business and not a center of higher education that was cheating its ass off in football.

Dawg2003
08-14-2019, 03:28 PM
It's not in the interest of the NCAA to be too harsh with penalties. Not to the point that schools lose tons of money.

confucius say
08-14-2019, 03:30 PM
Except... this isn?t paying players. This sounds like a rogue tutor doing HW for kids trying to set us up and screw us over. Why? Idk. Probably thought he could bribe a pay day and the student athletes weren?t gonna bat an eye at someone doing HW for them. (When I tutored at the school (for non-athletes) it was generally helping them on homework. My style of teaching is to walk through the problem process explaining why to think about certain things.) I think this is something being blown out of proportion as ?cheating?.

I don?t think the tutor was a he

timotheus
08-14-2019, 03:37 PM

confucius is onto something.........hmmm

ShotgunDawg
08-14-2019, 03:39 PM
I'm so 17ing sick of suspensions every.single.year.

Just sucks & causes a damper to the start of the season every year. Wish they could find another way to punish guys

TrapGame
08-14-2019, 03:40 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/4745ccae5508b4f33fa78a905ca4d87b/tenor.gif?itemid=4119778

Jack Lambert
08-14-2019, 03:44 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/4745ccae5508b4f33fa78a905ca4d87b/tenor.gif?itemid=4119778

Tutor with benefits?

Commercecomet24
08-14-2019, 03:45 PM

Bingo.

timotheus
08-14-2019, 03:47 PM
Tutor with benefits?

heavy lean towards the benefits part, and one player quite a bit more trajectory than others also

NCDawg
08-14-2019, 03:50 PM
Or Justin Fields at OSU. Guy leaves UGA because he heard the N word at a baseball game and moves away from home almost 9 hours. Most of the guys get some kind of moving closer to home exemption but not Fields.

I thought Love transferred to State to be closer to home due to illness in his family. Is that not a valid reason? I'm confused how the QB from Louisville got approved to play immediately for Florida State, and Love apparently is not approved to play immediately for State.

msstate7
08-14-2019, 04:04 PM
I'm so 17ing sick of suspensions every.single.year.

Just sucks & causes a damper to the start of the season every year. Wish they could find another way to punish guys

Like what, write an essay? How about they just don't stupid crap to get suspended

TrapGame
08-14-2019, 04:18 PM
Like what, write an essay? How about they just don't stupid crap to get suspended

Writing an essay is the reason they're in this shit to begin with!***

Pipedream
08-14-2019, 04:38 PM

Yeah for real. You think the coaches want to suspend guys? They have to send a message. If you leave that shit unchecked the program turns into a free for all. I know they're young guys, but if you don't go to class, don't show up for workouts, screw up your grades(or just flat out cheat in this instance), or get in trouble with the law then you should be suspended. He has to keep his guys in check and this is just about the only thing that gets their attention. Especially with the risks he's taking on JC guys coming up, he has to set the tone for the culture or you could see some late Jackie shit pop up.

thf24
08-14-2019, 06:22 PM
I'm pretty sure everyone has some suspensions to start the season. Plus, this tutoring situation, which sounds like it's going to account for most of them, is a pretty bizarre anomaly.

MaroonFlounder
08-14-2019, 06:26 PM
Why would MSU announce it? We've had plenty of players suspended and it wasn't released by MSU until gameday. See Fitz last year.

Fitz suspension last year was announced the Monday before the game in press conference.

PassInterference
08-14-2019, 07:45 PM

No he didn?t.

He's as bad as Yancy..

Steve broke news that nobody else would touch, wrote a best-selling book about it, dealt with threats against his home and family, successfully sued a rival fan who slandered his wife, fought off attempts against his job, and has been right at least 10x more than he?s been wrong. Steve has a hell of a long way to go to be as bad as Yancy.

Thick
08-14-2019, 07:55 PM
You guys need to lay off of Steve. He’s the best writer State has, bc he covers all sports by actually attending the events. He interviews everyone. He’s not lazy, and what he reports is actually what he’s told either face to face or by phone. There’s plenty of smoke around this for it not to be true, but right now no one knows who, how many, and/or for how long. That will be released over the next several days. It’s not cool to eat your own, especially before the facts are actually known. It makes everyone look like fools.

msbulldog
08-14-2019, 08:01 PM
I will not disrespect one of our students (athletes) by saying his name in a message board or any other form of social media, until there is an official announcement by the University. That is disrespectful to the student and to my beloved Alma Mater!
Some folks that are posting on Elite Dawgs need to get above the gutter they are swimming in!

Todd4State
08-15-2019, 01:12 AM
I thought Love transferred to State to be closer to home due to illness in his family. Is that not a valid reason? I'm confused how the QB from Louisville got approved to play immediately for Florida State, and Love apparently is not approved to play immediately for State.

It does seem like MSU has more difficulty getting transfers and players cleared than most schools. I'm not sure why- but it certainly seems like an area that MSU could and should improve in at an administrative level.

You guys need to lay off of Steve. He?s the best writer State has, bc he covers all sports by actually attending the events. He interviews everyone. He?s not lazy, and what he reports is actually what he?s told either face to face or by phone. There?s plenty of smoke around this for it not to be true, but right now no one knows who, how many, and/or for how long. That will be released over the next several days. It?s not cool to eat your own, especially before the facts are actually known. It makes everyone look like fools.

The thing that people need to understand about the media is that there is a balance between them and the school/team. For them to keep getting access they have to report things the way that the school wants them reported or they risk losing that access.

So what our fans need to understand is that what they are getting from our media a lot of times is party line and not necessarily all of the "scoop". But also need to understand that there are reasons for that- mostly because releasing too much information can actually harm MSU at the risk of fans "being in the know".

And you are 100% correct- they have to have confirmed 100% facts before they report something. Unless they work for Ole Miss recruiting apparently- of course what they do a lot of the time isn't ethical from a media standpoint. And when the facts are released it has to be done in a way that doesn't harm the individual players character or they risk getting sued. So when the facts do come out it's probably just going to be so and so have been suspended x amount of games for a violation of University policy.

PassInterference
08-15-2019, 01:28 AM
Do ya'll not remember Steve Robertson leading the charge in reporting Will Redmond dirt?

Just chill.

There's a little smoke out there. But don't make a big deal of it for now. Steve Robertson is no Yancey Porter. Until Steve or the Cl stabs, no need to get too worried.

Hambone
08-15-2019, 07:31 AM
I agree with Thick. Steve is the best and it?s not close. He is not going to report a rumor that could or could not be true.

If the rumor is not true, he is liable for slander and could be sued by the innocent party. Plus, he would piss of his sources and run the risk of not getting inside info.

BeastMan
08-15-2019, 07:45 AM
I agree with Thick. Steve is the best and it?s not close. He is not going to report a rumor that could or could not be true.

If the rumor is not true, he is liable for slander and could be sued by the innocent party. Plus, he would piss of his sources and run the risk of not getting inside info.

Jesus H Christ ain’t nobody suing Steve for slander or libel. Media people should sue their sources for lying. These fan site guys consistently get lied to by recruits, coaches, and many other “sources”. Or convenient half truths... Which is why I don’t participate in that world.

BuckyIsAB****
08-15-2019, 08:44 AM

There's no rogue tutor. And it wasnt HW. Its not cheating in the form of recruiting but it is cheating in the academic standpoint

BuckyIsAB****
08-15-2019, 08:48 AM
Nobody is trying to ''eat their own'' at least Im not. I understand not wanting to call out names but discussing it aint gonna hurt nobody. Its related to State football and obviously if you are here you are concerned, (unless you're an OM troll and you're just trying to get some fun out of the year bc you know your team is trash)

Thick
08-15-2019, 08:52 AM
I will say this about Steve particularly about recruiting. The private interactions that I have been privy to he is absolutely spot on with the details of why we backed off of a prospect, why we feel good about getting a player, and why we could possibly lose a recruit to another school. He knows things before they’re made public, bc he truly is a professional. I’m not saying that others are not professionals. He travels with our athletic program. He doesn’t relay others info as his own. He’s going to confirm himself before putting his name on it. That’s journalistic integrity in my opinion.

dantheman4248
08-15-2019, 12:55 PM
There's no rogue tutor. And it wasnt HW. Its not cheating in the form of recruiting but it is cheating in the academic standpoint

Clearly I’m not in the know and I’m basing off of the speculation I’ve seen on this board. I’d rather people outright say what’s going on instead of leaving it to interpretation. When you do that people cook up things 100X worse in their head.

Cause now it sounds like a female tutor was giving anatomy and physiology lessons to a few athletes when she should have been teaching math. And to one athlete way more than the others. (Which honestly, I still don’t see as bad). Unless I’m again mistaken. Cause y’all are vague as hell and that’s what I’ve been lead to infer.

RiverCityDawg
08-15-2019, 01:46 PM
Clearly I’m not in the know and I’m basing off of the speculation I’ve seen on this board. I’d rather people outright say what’s going on instead of leaving it to interpretation. When you do that people cook up things 100X worse in their head.

Cause now it sounds like a female tutor was giving anatomy and physiology lessons to a few athletes when she should have been teaching math. And to one athlete way more than the others. (Which honestly, I still don’t see as bad). Unless I’m again mistaken. Cause y’all are vague as hell and that’s what I’ve been lead to infer.

I know nothing specific about this situation.... but I wouldn't think jilted "lovers" make reliable tutors. Again, not saying that applies here, but I could see that as being problematic.