PDA

View Full Version : Suspension

BuckyIsAB****
08-13-2019, 07:06 PM
I heard we could have some missing a lot more than just one game...could be false just felt like some on here would know

Cooterpoot
08-13-2019, 07:25 PM
It’s true

msstate7
08-13-2019, 07:26 PM
Are the suspension lengths set yet?

Coach34
08-13-2019, 07:39 PM
Some of us have been trying to tell you that. We have multiple starters that are going to miss at least 4 games. Ruling coming within the next week,

KT is not mixed up in this part- his issue is separate

bulldawg28
08-13-2019, 08:02 PM
Some of us have been trying to tell you that. We have multiple starters that are going to miss at least 4 games. Ruling coming within the next week,

4 games now huh? Not buying that for any starter.

Dolphus Raymond
08-13-2019, 08:03 PM

Then please tell us, and be as specific as you can.

Coach34
08-13-2019, 08:07 PM
Then please tell us, and be as specific as you can.

We have some secondary probation coming because of tutor problems. We have offered up suspensions- but the NCAA will decide in the end. Some players are going to sit for 4-8 games. Good Players. Ruling expected within the week.

This is the rumor

Covercorner2
08-13-2019, 08:12 PM
We have some secondary probation coming because of tutor problems. We have offered up suspensions- but the NCAA will decide in the end. Some players are going to sit for 4-8 games. Good Players. Ruling expected within the week.

This is the rumor

So after all of that you expect us to win 7-8 games?

Interesting.

Coach34
08-13-2019, 08:18 PM
So after all of that you expect us to win 7-8 games?

Interesting.

JoVester is an offensive genius
We are loaded with talent per Elitedawgs

How could we not?

Covercorner2
08-13-2019, 08:21 PM

How could we not?

I?m just confused because I?m pretty sure a couple of days ago you mentioned you thought we would win that many games. That would be a lot for a team to win given what you are expecting. Especially for a team with a lame duck coach and average talent...

Rick Danko
08-13-2019, 08:23 PM

How could we not?

Your nickname of our coach is about the dumbest shit I?ve ever heard. You don?t like him fine. But you dreaming in your head that this is funny proves how big a dumbass you are.

Coach34
08-13-2019, 08:29 PM
Your nickname of our coach is about the dumbest shit I?ve ever heard. You don?t like him fine. But you dreaming in your head that this is funny proves how big a dumbass you are.

Sorry dude. Our text group calls him JoVester and its become a habit. We all think it fits him to a T. We'll see over time if he sheds it

Captain Falcon
08-13-2019, 08:33 PM
Sorry dude. Our text group calls him JoVester and its become a habit. We all think it fits him to a T. We'll see over time if he sheds it

That group text must be a hoot....

Jack Lambert
08-13-2019, 08:37 PM
Talent wise we should still be ok the first four games.

Captain Falcon
08-13-2019, 08:43 PM

Depends on what positions the alleged suspensions are at. We should still start 4-0 but USM is a really strong defensive team, K-State will be better under a new coach, and Kentucky is a bowl team that spanked us last year. Again, we ought to still be better than all four but we could make it interesting if we are down a few key players and don’t play well.

maroonmania
08-13-2019, 08:48 PM
Never get too optimistic about MSU athletics. We are MState.

Lord McBuckethead
08-13-2019, 08:48 PM
Last season was punishment enough.

ZedFedder
08-13-2019, 09:02 PM
We shall see.

Doggie_Style
08-13-2019, 09:04 PM
Does anyone know what position groups will be most affected?

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-13-2019, 09:08 PM
OM cheated WAY worse than just some tutor help, yet did they suspend anyone? At the end of the day, how many starters missed PT?

They stuck the middle finger to the NCAA and got away with it; their inability to recruit defensive talent + Freezes' phone is why they're horrible no, not the NCAA punishments. We're giving ourselves a worse punishment than they got for buying players... unbelievable. Let the NCAA investigate all they want and stonewall them, they clearly can't do anything if you don't help them. Mizzou was honest and got burned. UNC and OM fought and got off light. Clearly our athletic department is too stupid to see what's going on around them

YazooDawg23
08-13-2019, 09:14 PM
So some on here want to prove they’re right and would post potentially harmful info (even is partially true) that you know can be spread and start rumors to recruits and beyond. What a loser existence you people have. Maybe show some discretion and be an adult and allow it to come out.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-13-2019, 09:18 PM

This is the rumor

Damn, makes me wish I put more on the under for total wins for the regular season.

TUSK
08-13-2019, 09:19 PM

Yup... Y'all will be fine vs. Louisiana (N), and USM, KSU, and UK all at home... It'll allow you to build some depth, IMO...

If not, y'all were toast to begin with.

Y'all's season hinges on Sept. 28 - Oct. 26 (@AU, @UT, LSU, @A&M)...

BhamDawg205
08-13-2019, 09:25 PM
So some on here want to prove they’re right and would post potentially harmful info (even is partially true) that you know can be spread and start rumors to recruits and beyond. What a loser existence you people have. Maybe show some discretion and be an adult and allow it to come out.

Thank you

Jack Lambert
08-13-2019, 09:26 PM
Depends on what positions the alleged suspensions are at. We should still start 4-0 but USM is a really strong defensive team, K-State will be better under a new coach, and Kentucky is a bowl team that spanked us last year. Again, we ought to still be better than all four but we could make it interesting if we are down a few key players and don?t play well.

Not really worried about the first four games. USM hasn't broken the top 90 in recruiting for ever and KSU is constantly in the 60's. Also I would n't judge USM defense base on the schedule they play.

Coach34
08-13-2019, 09:28 PM

What is the problem of posting something that will be common knowledge in a week?

HoopsDawg
08-13-2019, 09:37 PM

Did ya'll call Dak "checkdown charlie" or was that just you?

Ezsoil
08-13-2019, 09:37 PM
What is the problem of posting something that will be common knowledge in a week?
There is no problem with that ....so just to be clear, you are saying several players, is that 3? 4? 5? And they will miss 4-8 games?

Quaoarsking
08-13-2019, 09:38 PM

Your whole text group must be shit at math, since even "JoVester" got us over 5000 yards last year and Sylvester never had us over 4000 and only even broke 3500 once. That's a significant difference.

Todd4State
08-13-2019, 09:39 PM
OM cheated WAY worse than just some tutor help, yet did they suspend anyone? At the end of the day, how many starters missed PT?

They stuck the middle finger to the NCAA and got away with it; their inability to recruit defensive talent + Freezes' phone is why they're horrible no, not the NCAA punishments. We're giving ourselves a worse punishment than they got for buying players... unbelievable. Let the NCAA investigate all they want and stonewall them, they clearly can't do anything if you don't help them. Mizzou was honest and got burned. UNC and OM fought and got off light. Clearly our athletic department is too stupid to see what's going on around them

The issue is MSU sometimes likes to keep certain local people around because it's the nice thing to do. It has gotten better for the most part, but there are still some sectors where it is evident.

Homedawg
08-13-2019, 09:40 PM

Some do....

Homedawg
08-13-2019, 09:41 PM
The issue is MSU sometimes likes to keep certain local people around because it's the nice thing to do. It has gotten better for the most part, but there are still some sectors where it is evident.

Tell that to Missouri. Your takes can be good. But you have zero clue on this deal, zero.

bulldawg28
08-13-2019, 09:42 PM

This is the rumor

The NCAA is never on a clock which would mean Joe would sit them for precautionary reasons. How could this NCAA violation not be reported and under wraps ?

Todd4State
08-13-2019, 09:49 PM
Tell that to Missouri. Your takes can be good. But you have zero clue on this deal, zero.

I don't give a shit about Mizzou's compliance department sucking too. I'm sorry if Brackey is your friend or whatever but the reality is we need to strengthen that part of our AD and that doesn't necessarily mean Brackey has to be fired. He has to be close to retirement.

I do have a clue about how he botched the Will Redmond deal. And that we didn't stand up for ourselves very well in football in the early 2000's either.

Irondawg
08-13-2019, 09:50 PM
But Steve said......

Guess we will all know in a week

Homedawg
08-13-2019, 09:51 PM
I don't give a shit about Mizzou's compliance department sucking too. I'm sorry if Brackey is your friend or whatever but the reality is we need to strengthen that part of our AD and that doesn't necessarily mean Brackey has to be fired. He has to be close to retirement.

I do have a clue about how he botched the Will Redmond deal. And that we didn't stand up for ourselves very well in football in the early 2000's either.

Hahahahaha

HoopsDawg
08-13-2019, 09:55 PM
Some do....

are we going to be able to choose the games they sit out? I mean Nick missed a ton of games. If we lose Autry for 4 games, that will sting.

Coach34
08-13-2019, 09:57 PM
Your whole text group must be shit at math, since even "JoVester" got us over 5000 yards last year and Sylvester never had us over 4000 and only even broke 3500 once. That's a significant difference.

Damn man. It's too bad our text group relies on SEC scoring and we watched us play Kentucky, Bama, Florida, and LSU

Homedawg
08-13-2019, 09:59 PM
But Steve said......

Guess we will all know in a week

That walker would be here...... so there's that

Coach34
08-13-2019, 10:00 PM
Did ya'll call Dak "checkdown charlie" or was that just you?

We sure did- and it appears that lingers on as many are shocked that Dak turned down 30MM per for his NFL contract. People dont want Checkdown Charlie making that much green

CadaverDawg
08-13-2019, 10:08 PM
Never get too optimistic about MSU athletics. We are MState.

Only post in this thread that I know is 100% accurate.

deadheaddawg
08-13-2019, 10:09 PM
Java34 is back at it I see

Quaoarsking
08-13-2019, 10:11 PM
Damn man. It's too bad our text group relies on SEC scoring and we watched us play Kentucky, Bama, Florida, and LSU

Fine. Joe's offense scored a lot more points per SEC game than Sly's offense ever did. You can pick any stat you want, and Sly's best won't even approach Joe's only season (which will probably end up being his worst). Making any comparison just shows a shocking inability to do basic math.

BeardoMSU
08-13-2019, 10:14 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/mcXA61H3uwD6M/giphy.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuT5KUA7iaY

DownwardDawg
08-13-2019, 10:17 PM
Peaches is Back

BuckyIsAB****
08-13-2019, 10:22 PM

How could we not?

Cmon dude

BuckyIsAB****
08-13-2019, 10:24 PM

I know one player that if he misses 8 games we better hope Leo Lewis has really had a great spring and fall camp

msu15
08-13-2019, 10:27 PM
Our text group calls him JoVester

Man you live a sad existence

BuckyIsAB****
08-13-2019, 10:27 PM
We sure did- and it appears that lingers on as many are shocked that Dak turned down 30MM per for his NFL contract. People dont want Checkdown Charlie making that much green

Yeah Dak sucks so bad he has more TDs, wins, less turnovers and more 4th quarter comebacks than Wentz and Goff that the media loves. I guess nobody watched Dak throw to Amari Cooper. Hard to push it down the field with Cole Beasley and Jason Witten

Coach34
08-13-2019, 10:30 PM
Yeah Dak sucks so bad he has more TDs, wins, less turnovers and more 4th quarter comebacks than Wentz and Goff that the media loves. I guess nobody watched Dak throw to Amari Cooper. Hard to push it down the field with Cole Beasley and Jason Witten

I love Dak and hope he gets 35MM per. But alot of people disagree he deserves it. Just pointing out facts.

BuckyIsAB****
08-13-2019, 10:32 PM
I love Dak and hope he gets 35MM per. But alot of people disagree he deserves it. Just pointing out facts.

Well a lot of people think the world is flat too so

Coach34
08-13-2019, 10:34 PM
Man you live a sad existence

I really dont. I'm generally a pretty happy guy that is damn funny and loved by co-workers. Except when I had a tube and camera shoved into my colon this past summer. I was an asshole to everybody that week. Oh- and coaching opponents. They dont like me either.

Cowbell
08-13-2019, 10:42 PM
That’s actually not facts. That’s opinions.

dantheman4248
08-13-2019, 10:42 PM
Genuine question. Why come onto an MSU board and intentionally stoke resentment and incite anger with other posters on a thread about a completely different issue?

It’s one thing to troll. It’s another to be off topic. Put them together and you probably need to walk away from the keyboard and go outside. No one cares you’ve coached to 34 straight national championships on NCAA.

As for the actually conversation at hand. Can we please actually say who is possibly suspended? Cause from this thread I gather that KT is gone 4, Willie Gay is gone 8, Whop is no longer with the team. And that’s just what I’m inferring from y’all. Is any of this remotely true and how or why. Those are outrageous suspensions for anything. How many players get that kind of suspension these days? Very few for impermissible benefits. Even less for academic violations.

RezDog7
08-13-2019, 11:11 PM

You deserve a swift kick in the nuts you ****ing douche canoe.

bulldawg28
08-13-2019, 11:44 PM
You deserve a swift kick in the nuts you ****ing douche canoe.

Mannnn

Bothrops
08-14-2019, 12:32 AM

Ole Miss football should have been shut down a year for the things that were going on in that program. No bullshit.

MarketingBully
08-14-2019, 05:06 AM
You do realize if this as big as you said it was it would be national college news instead of some stupid message board rumors. It would be a big story in college football. Shit like this doesn’t stay silent for this long until a ruling is out. 4-8 games for multiple multiple players? I claim bullshit and coaches get fired for this.

bulldawg28
08-14-2019, 05:09 AM
You do realize if this as big as you said it was it would be national college news instead of some stupid message board rumors. It would be a big story in college football. Shit like this doesn’t stay silent for this long until a ruling is out. 4-8 games for multiple multiple players? I claim bullshit and coaches get fired for this.

Yep

MrKotter
08-14-2019, 05:40 AM
Nm

YazooDawg23
08-14-2019, 06:30 AM
I really dont. I'm generally a pretty happy guy that is damn funny and loved by co-workers. Except when I had a tube and camera shoved into my colon this past summer. I was an asshole to everybody that week. Oh- and coaching opponents. They dont like me either.

Will elite dawg members get free tickets to your hall of fame induction? 😂

Dawg2003
08-14-2019, 07:22 AM
You do realize if this as big as you said it was it would be national college news instead of some stupid message board rumors. It would be a big story in college football. Shit like this doesn?t stay silent for this long until a ruling is out. 4-8 games for multiple multiple players? I claim bullshit and coaches get fired for this.

I dunno. No one knew about the Auburn investigation until recently.

StateDawg44
08-14-2019, 07:25 AM

Because these vague ass posts that are still being made are just recycled BS that leads to no real information and then just lead to speculation. It helps those that claim to know this information as fact feel like they are special and are a part of some huge conspiracy cover-up. Quit being pussies and just say it if you actually know something. Who are you pretending to protect by not just saying who may be effected?

Was this thread really actually necessary? Especially since there have literally been countless other threads that have been about the same thing or have either been hijacked and turned into a wormhole of the same "I've tried telling everyone....," or "I've been saying it for months....".

Whether it's true or not, it's damn sure not deserving of another thread.

MarketingBully
08-14-2019, 07:48 AM
I dunno. No one knew about the Auburn investigation until recently.

Auburn has a very friendly press there. Since when has something like this been kept quiet and out of the press at MSU? If someone sneezes wrong it’s been reported against us.

Covercorner2
08-14-2019, 08:29 AM
For what its worth, I asked Rosebowl last night in the 247 chat *IF* the suspension rumors are true if he thought it affected our win total this year, and he said "no." He also said we will be allowed to pick the games for the suspensions. For example, if you have lets say 5 guys suspended for 4-6 games, that won't be THAT bad as we can sit them for ULL, USM, KSU, UK, Abilene, Arkansas, etc....

I get the feeling something will come down the pipe, but it won't be anything of significant detriment to our success this season or the program's future.

And before you say "Rosebowl says KT is not suspended for the opener, yet now he says there will be suspensions," KT may not be a part of this development and, again, if he is we may sit him for a different game.

I wouldn't normally post premium info, but I think its important for everyone to chill out lol.

Tbonewannabe
08-14-2019, 08:30 AM

Except Dak is above NFL average for passes completed downfield. I guess Brady and Brees are checkdowns also.

Liverpooldawg
08-14-2019, 08:49 AM
It's recruiting season I see. Nice job 34. *****

Dawgology
08-14-2019, 09:25 AM
I've gone back and forth on posting about this. I think most are secondary violations that have been blown way out of proportion by message boards. It's typical BS NCAA stuff. With that said, there is one punishment that will probably be significant and is related to something outside the program and will proabably result in dismissal of an athlete we all had high hopes for. I think that rumors have folded this big one into the secondary stuff but the two are mutually exclusive.

Dawgology
08-14-2019, 09:33 AM
I will also say this: tutors for the football team should always.....Always....AL-17'n-WAYS....be male. No mother17'n exceptions.

Tbonewannabe
08-14-2019, 10:02 AM
I've gone back and forth on posting about this. I think most are secondary violations that have been blown way out of proportion by message boards. It's typical BS NCAA stuff. With that said, there is one punishment that will probably be significant and is related to something outside the program and will proabably result in dismissal of an athlete we all had high hopes for. I think that rumors have folded this big one into the secondary stuff but the two are mutually exclusive.

Would this have an impact on your prediction for the season wins and losses?

Doggie_Style
08-14-2019, 10:03 AM
I will also say this: tutors for the football team should always.....Always....AL-17'n-WAYS....be male. No mother17'n exceptions.

and then you have Title IX issues....

Dawgology
08-14-2019, 10:20 AM
Would this have an impact on your prediction for the season wins and losses?

Not really. He had basically zero impact last year.

Tbonewannabe
08-14-2019, 10:30 AM
Not really. He had basically zero impact last year.

So not someone we were counting on this year?

MarketingBully
08-14-2019, 10:36 AM
and then you have Title IX issues....

Title IX has to do with Athletics not Academic staff.

Dawgology
08-14-2019, 10:44 AM
So not someone we were counting on this year?

I think folks would have expected him to make a step up this year but he was no definite. All the talent in the world. Bad choices though.

RiverCityDawg
08-14-2019, 10:47 AM
I think folks would have expected him to make a step up this year but he was no definite. All the talent in the world. Bad choices though.

That's a whopper of a rumor.

Dawgology
08-14-2019, 11:01 AM

It is indeed

Doggie_Style
08-14-2019, 11:03 AM

Wrong, it covers any and all sex discrimination in education......for example it's used in campus sex assault claims, so yea it would cover sex discrimination against tutors also

Jack Lambert
08-14-2019, 11:04 AM
It is indeed

So we are talking about whop?

MarketingBully
08-14-2019, 11:09 AM
Wrong, it covers any and all sex discrimination in education......for example it's used in campus sex assault claims, so yea it would cover sex discrimination against tutors also

A simple CYA NDA clause in their contracts would suffice imo. Mississippi is an at will state. This tutor obviously demonstrated dubious tactics and should have been fired regardless. The fact this person had whatever power they had tells you our department did a shitty job of oversight.

tireddawg
08-14-2019, 11:22 AM

Someone took my whoppers and I'll never get them back.

Cowbell
08-14-2019, 11:40 AM
I hope everything that we don't have to dismiss the young man. Especially after Coach Johnsons comments on Saturday.

Dawgology
08-14-2019, 12:43 PM
I hope everything that we don't have to dismiss the young man. Especially after Coach Johnsons comments on Saturday.

I'm not saying who the player is or isn't. I'm just saying if the current trajectory holds he will be lucky to play football in Div. I ever again.

Tbonewannabe
08-14-2019, 01:19 PM
I'm not saying who the player is or isn't. I'm just saying if the current trajectory holds he will be lucky to play football in Div. I ever again.

Must have put more than a finger in someone's butthole (Myles Hartsfield).

Dawgology
08-14-2019, 01:28 PM

LOL!!! No nothing like that. Not even in the same realm. ugh...

RiverCityDawg
08-14-2019, 01:33 PM

As JoMo might say, you went from A to Z when you probably should have just gone from A to F.

Tbonewannabe
08-14-2019, 01:39 PM
As JoMo might say, you went from A to Z when you probably should have just gone from A to F.

I just like to remind folks that UM had a rapist that never missed a game.

Johnson85
08-14-2019, 01:43 PM

Which shows how ridiculous Title IX enforcement is, since if anything, it's the exact opposite. But zealots have somehow changed a statute intended to make sure men and women were more or less treated equal and twisted themselves into contortions to convince themselves not only that actually generating money is not a reason for differential treatment, but that males on campus are actually second class citizens and should be thrown out of school based on unsubstantiated or even contradicted allegations.

msbulldog
08-14-2019, 07:54 PM
I will not disrespect one of our students (athletes) by saying his name in a message board or any other form of social media, until there is an official announcement by the University. That is disrespectful to the student and to my beloved Alma Mater!
Some folks that are posting on Elite Dawgs need to get above the gutter they are swimming in!