PDA

View Full Version : Face mask that wasn't called

MarketingBully01
10-24-2013, 11:48 PM
I am surprised no one has mentioned it but it was a face mask that Kentucky got away with on that sack before the safety. Replay it. You will see the refs missed it and it effected how Dak went down because he knew they grabbed it. If that is called correctly, Kentucky doesn't score in the second half and it is much less of a shit show. It was another great shit job by the refs tonight as well. We played like crap but the refs did their hardest to make it close

Dawg61
10-24-2013, 11:53 PM
The ref reached for his flag as Dak was looking at him and couldn't pull it out. Then he changed his mind once it would of been considered a late flag. He ****ed us there. It was a facemask.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2013, 12:13 AM
If there is such a thing as "A big Facemask" against Kentucky........well.......it's safe to say we suck

MarketingBully01
10-25-2013, 12:17 AM
Like it or not but that no call lead directly to nine points. It was a nine point no call. I think if that call was made correctly the final score is 28-13. They got that TD as a result of that safety and our defense saying here we go. That call has to be made. It was about as obvious as any other face mask penalty I have seen. Sure we played like crap but if that call is made it looks a little bit less crappy. As a ref, you have to make that call.

Dawg61
10-25-2013, 12:29 AM
Agreed, terrible no call by the ref

HancockCountyDog
10-25-2013, 08:50 AM
Well the refs helped us out with the offsides on the onside call. So it definitely evened out.

DownwardDawg
10-25-2013, 08:56 AM
Well the refs helped us out with the offsides on the onside call. So it definitely evened out.

I was just about to post the same thing. We can't be hypocritical. That was a very "iffy" call at best. He was even with the kicker, not ahead of him.

godlluB
10-25-2013, 09:00 AM
The refs also didn't call 12 men on the field a couple of times against us late when UK was driving and our big men couldn't get off the field before
the snap. Both times, the guy was right in front of the side judge and he never called it.

I do agree on the face mask call on Dak. When it got yanked, he sort of gave up on the play, expecting a flag. Of course, it's also partially his fault for not playing to the whistle.

MarketingBully01
10-25-2013, 09:14 AM
That was offsides on the onside kick but the point would have been moot had the face mask been called. They don't get to that point without the no call face mask. They also were holding all night and we were the only ones called for holding. They got more of the calls then we did so don't bring that could have called 12 men on the field bull shit in here.

MarketingBully01
10-25-2013, 09:18 AM
Evened out??? Really??? The no call face mask was at a point they added 9 points on the board to make it close and swing the momentum their way. They would have had to call every holding penalty where they held to even it out IMO which would have been every play. There was a reason our DL wasn't getting to the QB and I'll give ya a hint. It wasn't because they had great technique on the OL.

Thick
10-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Quit whining about this crap. They did not call the facemask, bad no call, but that did not force Bell to drop the snap nor did it cause our defense to allow UK to drive the ball down the field for 6.

Our fanbase absolutely blows some time. If you are going to bitch, then point it in the right direction! It's coaching, Bell should not be punting, and our defense doesn't blitz enough. The refs missed calls on both sides, but at the end we made mistakes and bad calls to allow UK to hang around.

Homedawg
10-25-2013, 09:28 AM
And on the first play of Kentucky's final drive they held C. Jones right in front of the referee. Terrible no call.

HancockCountyDog
10-25-2013, 09:31 AM
Evened out??? Really??? The no call face mask was at a point they added 9 points on the board to make it close and swing the momentum their way. They would have had to call every holding penalty where they held to even it out IMO which would have been every play. There was a reason our DL wasn't getting to the QB and I'll give ya a hint. It wasn't because they had great technique on the OL.

Because our DL other than Chris Jones is pretty worthless. I mean, can anyone even argue that UK's DL is light years ahead of ours? I mean it wasn't even close in my eyes.

MarketingBully01
10-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Haha, yes because all of this other bitching is useful and productive....right...

Thick
10-25-2013, 10:08 AM
We can all bitch about our program, but this fire Dan crap could come back on us. Remember Cutcliff, and how that ended.

What happens if you fire Dan and hire Hud and the results are the same as far as record and winning %. What if Hud wants to recruit, but Strickland gets in the way?

If you guys think that Strickland is not part of the problem then you are too young to understand the politics in the Bryan building.