PDA

View Full Version : Coach Johnson on our WRs

Coach007
08-13-2019, 10:08 AM
Liked hearing that he is having an impact on our guys:

- Whop was told to drop pounds... and he lost 15. CJ says he's faster, more explosive.

- Guidry is very focused and has made a 180 turn around. Understands the system and goes well above what is asked of him.

- Payton came in ready and is putting in the time. He's running better routes and is in better control of his body. The playbook is his biggest challenge

Cowbell
08-13-2019, 10:13 AM
Liked hearing that he is having an impact on our guys:

- Whop was told to drop pounds... and he lost 15. CJ says he's faster, more explosive.

- Guidry is very focused and has made a 180 turn around. Understands the system and goes well above what is asked of him.

- Payton came in ready and is putting in the time. He's running better routes and is in better control of his body. The playbook is his biggest challenge

I appreciate you continuing to bring positivity to this board. I thought the same thing when I read Brett Hudson?s comments. Especially Guidry having a change that involves the classroom and putting in work. People can say what the want about Joe, but our culture seems very solid.

Coach007
08-13-2019, 10:16 AM
I agree. He seems to be proving himself on a regular basis.

ShotgunDawg
08-13-2019, 10:17 AM
I'll wait & judge the impact of coaches when their players produce on the field

msstate7
08-13-2019, 10:17 AM
https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?75539-MS-St-releases-gains-for-players

This thread said whop was up 5 lbs. Has he lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks?

ShotgunDawg
08-13-2019, 10:18 AM
https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?75539-MS-St-releases-gains-for-players

But, but, but everyone told me you can't see anything from twitter videos.

Whop clearly looked more athletic in early camp videos

msstate7
08-13-2019, 10:23 AM
But, but, but everyone told me you can't see anything from twitter videos.

Whop clearly looked more athletic in early camp videos

Perhaps you've gotten better (haha)...

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?68883-Stephen-Guidry

msstate7
08-13-2019, 10:26 AM
Back to the main topic, if your 3 you listed are ready for a nice year, we could have a much better offensive year

thf24
08-13-2019, 10:28 AM

If this is true and it fully translates to him getting his hands around the ball consistently, he's going to have a huge year and probably get drafted.

vv83
08-13-2019, 10:30 AM

Good point. He was 211 out of HS and 225 on the depth chart last year and that thread says up to 225 as well. So is he back down to 210 range now?

Coach007
08-13-2019, 10:43 AM

He was close to 230 When CJ got here in Feb.

PMDawg
08-13-2019, 11:23 AM
- Guidry is very focused and has made a 180 turn around. Understands the system and goes well above what is asked of him

I hope you're right, but I'll believe this when I see it. I haven't forgotten how much he pouted on the field last year when they didn't throw him the ball every time he ran a route.

ShotgunDawg
08-13-2019, 11:23 AM
Perhaps you've gotten better (haha)...

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?68883-Stephen-Guidry

You've got to cut me some slack on guys that can't catch the ball. Unless the twitter video shows him him dropping passes, it's impossible assume he can't catch. Guidry's problems have virtually nothing to do with his talent from the belly button down, which is what I was evaluating.

If he gets better at catching the football, he'll be really really good for us this year

msstate7
08-13-2019, 11:27 AM
You've got to cut me some slack on guys that can't catch the ball. Unless the twitter video shows him him dropping passes, it's impossible assume he can't catch. Guidry's problems have virtually nothing to do with his talent from the belly button down, which is what I was evaluating.

If he gets better at catching the football, he'll be really really good for us this year

I was just messing with you. Hopefully this season is full of posting calling me out for doubting Moorhead lol

Ari Gold
08-13-2019, 11:31 AM
It sucks that 99% of all WR don’t pout and don’t drop some passes. Guidry is that 1% exception.

PMDawg
08-13-2019, 11:50 AM
It sucks that 99% of all WR don?t pout and don?t drop some passes. Guidry is that 1% exception.

I know, he's the only WR I have ever watched in my lifetime. I'm totally judging him with 0 knowledge of any other WRs that have ever played.

basedog
08-13-2019, 12:20 PM
I'll wait & judge the impact of coaches when their players produce on the field

I'm sure you will agree, hearing positives from Coaches is a good thing and it may be "coach speak", but if coaches don't believe in their players then most of the time they say nothing.

JWS said it best, "players win games not coaches, coaches just have to put players in the right position for them to win the game".

Percho
08-13-2019, 01:08 PM

Would you say catching the ball is a mental thing? I would. Maybe his classroom work will improve his football also.

One can only hope so, Jack!

Coach007
08-13-2019, 01:28 PM
That all goes together.

Studies show that taking dance... as in ballet etc, drastically improves the function of the brain and that translates into the body. These are studies done in elderly people with Alzheimers.

https://www.alzheimers.net/dancing-helps-prevent-dementia/

It all works together.

StateDawg44
08-13-2019, 01:34 PM
Would you say catching the ball is a mental thing? I would. Maybe his classroom work will improve his football also.

One can only hope so, Jack!

The mental thing plays a factor definitely but not near as much as having speed, soft hands and great eye-hand coordination does.

Coach007
08-13-2019, 01:42 PM
The mental thing plays a factor definitely but not near as much as having speed, soft hands and great eye-hand coordination does.

mental.. 100%

Bothrops
08-13-2019, 03:03 PM
Back to the main topic, if your 3 you listed are ready for a nice year, we could have a much better offensive year

Our recieving corp is fine.

Jack Lambert
08-13-2019, 03:05 PM
I was just messing with you. Hopefully this season is full of posting calling me out for doubting Moorhead lol

If it happens, it will happen but not by me. I'll just be happy!