PDA

View Full Version : I coached OL for a long while....but......

Westdawg
08-12-2019, 08:23 PM
I NEVER ran across this drill from any staff, clinic, seminar, camp, book, videos.....
This drill fits that school mindset to a "T".
I had someone show me this just a minute ago. Well.....just watch it 😳😱🤔👀
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=qA0z4jQ9Jt4

Lance Harbor
08-12-2019, 08:28 PM
#triggered #safespace

I NEVER ran across this drill from any staff, clinic, seminar, camp, book, videos.....
This drill fits that school mindset to a "T".
I had someone show me this just a minute ago. Well.....just watch it ��������
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=qA0z4jQ9Jt4

Bodawg
08-12-2019, 08:43 PM
It's called the Myles Hartfield manuver.

Todd4State
08-12-2019, 08:58 PM
It sounds like Eli is having trouble biting the nuts.

msstate7
08-12-2019, 08:59 PM
It sounds like Eli is having trouble biting the nuts.

I couldn't listen to that video very loud at all, but I thought that's what was said. That video is hilarious

Gutter Cobreh
08-12-2019, 09:35 PM
Are we sure C34 isn't coaching a new OL crew this year? Sounds like he brought along his brother Preacher to show the Landshark OL with they do together on the weekends...***

timotheus
08-12-2019, 09:42 PM
just a grass drill with a simulated blocker. I have never seen this either.

BuckyIsAB****
08-12-2019, 09:52 PM
Im guessing that is for zone step and punch plus conditioning

Bdawg
08-12-2019, 09:52 PM
What the hell is an OLman doing bring his hand forward and up like that( "thumb in the ass technique")? How the hell you block anybody doing that crap? And they sure as hell aint going to be pancaking anybody like they are doing those dummies. I have no idea what that technique is teaching. Needless to say, the "hand placement" is very odd!!!!

BeardoMSU
08-12-2019, 09:54 PM
wtf is going on????

TrapGame
08-12-2019, 10:19 PM
Oh, I can't wait to see this in action. Worst OL in the SEC.

Westdawg
08-12-2019, 10:25 PM
Im guessing that is for zone step and punch plus conditioning

But there's one big problem with that --- there's no zone step... but I do understand the concept you are implying but to over extend the arm like that is a sure fire way to 1) get some holding called on you 2) get yourself beat big-on-big.
It probably is working off of zone blocking concepts because thats what a lot of Rich's offenses base from. But dang, gotta be a much better terminology for coaching that up 🤔🤔🤔

Todd4State
08-12-2019, 10:46 PM
I couldn't listen to that video very loud at all, but I thought that's what was said. That video is hilarious

They just do it to themselves. And all we have to do is sit back and laugh. Even more hilarious- I'm pretty sure Eli is David Johnson's son.

wtf is going on????

HYDR

But there's one big problem with that --- there's no zone step... but I do understand the concept you are implying but to over extend the arm like that is a sure fire way to 1) get some holding called on you 2) get yourself beat big-on-big.
It probably is working off of zone blocking concepts because thats what a lot of Rich's offenses base from. But dang, gotta be a much better terminology for coaching that up ������

It's also a surfire way to get your thumb dirty.

Our defensive linemen better watch their back....um...behind during the Egg Bowl.

codeDawg
08-13-2019, 06:01 AM
Looks like a cut block technique with the arm thrusting as momentum. Going to be a lot of yellow flags and busted knees this fall.

msbulldog
08-13-2019, 06:02 AM
I can't wait to see them try that thumb up the a$$ on Raekwon Davis, somebody's going to get hurt.

Dawgology
08-13-2019, 07:09 AM
This video actually explains this technique fully. It makes a lot of sense once you understand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ5u8JWHhMM

KentuckyDawg13
08-13-2019, 08:11 AM
Future All-American Chop Blockers *

Westdawg
08-13-2019, 08:18 AM
Looks like a cut block technique with the arm thrusting as momentum. Going to be a lot of yellow flags and busted knees this fall.

That's actually what it probably is. Somebody needs to send this video to the conference so that the refs can be ready for that junk.

Lord McBuckethead
08-13-2019, 09:02 AM
This video actually explains this technique fully. It makes a lot of sense once you understand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ5u8JWHhMM

Yup. That sums it up. How did you find such a perfect explanation video. Must watch for all.

Lord McBuckethead
08-13-2019, 09:02 AM

Looks like a good way to break a thumb, you know when you are playing someone other than a 10 lb dummy.

smootness
08-13-2019, 09:08 AM
What about this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVIMs2CVcd8

Where they mic'd up Matt Corral for him to say....'Let's go' and 'Ready' a couple times.

Jack Lambert
08-13-2019, 10:03 AM
If someone tried to bite my nuts and stick their thumb up my ass she better be hot and I mean really hot. Anyone else has a ass whipping coming.