PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Board: Why are there two different styles of the M over the S for

Drugdog
08-12-2019, 07:39 AM
The Baseball logo?

Lord McBuckethead
08-12-2019, 08:35 AM
Not sure, you will have to post the two.

smootness
08-12-2019, 09:54 AM
I don't think they're different styles, one is just thicker than the other, right?

msudawg1200
08-12-2019, 10:16 AM
I don't think they're different styles, one is just thicker than the other, right?

Right. At some point(maybe when Adidas first took over) it was thicker much like the one currently used on the batting helmets. Three years ago they put the slimmer one(which looks waaaay better) back on the hats.

IMissJack
08-12-2019, 08:34 PM
Don't know, but I do know that I was in The Lodge this past weekend and no game day baseball hats were there, or at least I did not see them. Is there a shortage?

Todd4State
08-12-2019, 08:59 PM
Don't know, but I do know that I was in The Lodge this past weekend and no game day baseball hats were there, or at least I did not see them. Is there a shortage?

What I heard was Adidas was only selling the black hats this year but they'll be selling the maroon hats next year.

Adidas hasn't been real great to our baseball program just to be honest.

yjnkdawg
08-13-2019, 08:22 AM

I was told the same info (several months ago), by a retail marketing person, that Todd heard about what caps (the black ones) will be the only one that Adidas will manufacture this year. I was also told that it should be sometime in the fall when they become available. In addition I was also told that Adidas could limit the number manufactured, and the sizes available. They have done that in the past.

Lord McBuckethead
08-13-2019, 08:52 AM
Adidas hats are terrible anyway. They are either too shallow or too deep. I have yet to find a hat that fits like the under armor one I bought in 2009.

yjnkdawg
08-13-2019, 11:15 AM
Adidas hats are terrible anyway. They are either too shallow or too deep. I have yet to find a hat that fits like the under armor one I bought in 2009.

Yep! You are basically paying for the name, Adidas. I have had two hats (caps) with minor sewing flaws. If my old Pro-Line MS MSU baseball cap still fit, I would still be wearing it. It was also made in Fort Worth, TX and a quality hat.

pscf3
08-13-2019, 03:33 PM
Right. At some point(maybe when Adidas first took over) it was thicker much like the one currently used on the batting helmets. Three years ago they put the slimmer one(which looks waaaay better) back on the hats.

The thinner version has always been on the on-field hats. Using a different version of a monogram logo is a pretty common thing in baseball- the Yankees use at least three different versions of the ?NY? logo between hats, jerseys, and media.

Here?s a link to a twitter conversation from this past spring where Rhett Hobart clarified a bit about how State uses the two versions of the M over S:

https://twitter.com/rhetthobart/status/1096320828931801088?s=21