PDA

View Full Version : Everyone needs to chill

Natedogg33
10-24-2013, 11:25 PM
I understand everyone's frustration, but can't grasp everyone wanting to can Dan. We lost a game agains OSU that most people understood would go that way. We had Auburn beat, and they took it away. Who thought before the season we'd beat LSU?
We are one game behind where the optimists would have hoped for. We certainly didn't look good tonight, or against BG, but acting like a bunch of spoiled girls on here helps nothing.
The "Kang" won 3 games his third year and had a losing record in year 5 & 6. If we'd have fired him then, we wouldn't have had what some of y'all think of as the good years.
BTW under JWS we went to ONE New Years Day bowl, in 13 years, and got killed. Under Dan, in 4 years, we've been to 2. By my calculations, it took JWS 9 years to win a bowl.

CadaverDawg
10-24-2013, 11:27 PM
[throws tomato]

chef dixon
10-24-2013, 11:27 PM
I am still not team fire Dan. The guy just doesn't lose games we are favored in, so I can't ever fully turn against him.

BeastMan
10-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Me and CD gonna have to link up 1 day with a bottle of bourbon if he's into drankin watchin foosball. I chuckle at 77.83% of his post.

laureldawg
10-24-2013, 11:34 PM
I understand everyone's frustration, but can't grasp everyone wanting to can Dan. We lost a game agains OSU that most people understood would go that way. We had Auburn beat, and they took it away. Who thought before the season we'd beat LSU?
We are one game behind where the optimists would have hoped for. We certainly didn't look good tonight, or against BG, but acting like a bunch of spoiled girls on here helps nothing.
The "Kang" won 3 games his third year and had a losing record in year 5 & 6. If we'd have fired him then, we wouldn't have had what some of y'all think of as the good years.
BTW under JWS we went to ONE New Years Day bowl, in 13 years, and got killed. Under Dan, in 4 years, we've been to 2. By my calculations, it took JWS 9 years to win a bowl.
Oh God...Hear we go.

Bully13
10-24-2013, 11:37 PM

Holy Shit

CadaverDawg
Me and CD gonna have to link up 1 day with a bottle of bourbon if he's into drankin watchin foosball. I chuckle at 77.83% of his post.

Im in 100%.

Had a little Trace Grill and some cold ones tonight. Looking forward to it BeastMan

DownwardDawg
[throws tomato]

Hahaha!! Nice!

MainEventDawg
10-24-2013, 11:44 PM
People want Dan gone because he has some obvious coaching flaws (play calling, Whitley, Bell, recruiting, etc). I'm not sure we need to fire him, but something has to happen. Tonight's game (whether it be the lack of attendance, the coaching, or the on-field product) was unacceptable.

Will James
10-24-2013, 11:45 PM
Ill be really chill down 34-0 to Bama in the low 40s weather.

Natedogg33
10-24-2013, 11:54 PM
I was just trying to give a little perspective on things. I know we've got problems, and it's mostly coaching.

Dawg61
10-24-2013, 11:58 PM
The difference is Hud. If we didn't have a new coach in waiting everyone wouldn't be so quick to want a new HC. You guys better damn be sure that Hud is in the boat. The ball is already rolling now.

engie
10-25-2013, 12:06 AM
I am still not team fire Dan. The guy just doesn't lose games we are favored in, so I can't ever fully turn against him.

This will still be true when we aren't favored in any SEC games next year. Would you REALLY argue that thought is a stretch right now?

engie
10-25-2013, 12:09 AM
People want Dan gone because he has some obvious coaching flaws (play calling, Whitley, Bell, recruiting, etc). I'm not sure we need to fire him, but something has to happen. Tonight's game (whether it be the lack of attendance, the coaching, or the on-field product) was unacceptable.

It's year 5. If it isn't fixed by now, it isn't getting fixed. Mullen had the worst kicker in the country(tied) prior to tonight -- and not only did he trot him back out there tonight, he gave him punting duties in a few KEY moments of the game as well that could have easily cost us the victory.

What makes anyone think he's going to learn from mistakes in the future when he hasn't learned a damn thing from them up until this point?

Dawg61
10-25-2013, 12:20 AM
Baker Swedenburg was the #2 punter in the NATION last year in net yards. Mullen benched him for Devin Bell. That's beyond retarded.

FlabLoser
10-25-2013, 01:50 AM
Im in 100%.

Had a little Trace Grill and some cold ones tonight. Looking forward to it BeastMan

Call me.

FlabLoser
10-25-2013, 01:52 AM
Baker Swedenburg was the #2 punter in the NATION last year in net yards. Mullen benched him for Devin Bell. That's beyond retarded.

SOMEBODY PUT THIS ON A FLYING CESSNA AD AND FLY IT OVER THE NEXT HOME GAME!!!

DownwardDawg
10-25-2013, 06:24 AM

Wait!! Is Swedenburg still on the team??? As good as he was last year don't tell me he's still our punter and Mullen is sending Bell out there!!! My freakin head will explode!

Will James
10-25-2013, 07:26 AM
Wait!! Is Swedenburg still on the team??? As good as he was last year don't tell me he's still our punter and Mullen is sending Bell out there!!! My freakin head will explode!

Carskadon tweeted that Merlin said Bell punted better than Swedenburg in practice this week.

Merlin is just playing us for fools at this point. He calls a 3rd and 2 no back set Tyler Russell run just to smack us in the face.

Its time.

Dawg61
10-25-2013, 07:29 AM

Swedenburg punted the next one after Bell got a safety. The announcers were bragging on Bell punting a 70 yarder with 6 second hang time in practice. I guess Mullen was trying to flip the field but that's an impossible situation to throw your field kicker into to see if he can punt it 70 yards. Once again just like everything else Mullen is over thinking the situation.

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-25-2013, 07:44 AM
Swedenburg punted the next one after Bell got a safety. The announcers were bragging on Bell punting a 70 yarder with 6 second hang time in practice. I guess Mullen was trying to flip the field but that's an impossible situation to throw your field kicker into to see if he can punt it 70 yards. Once again just like everything else Mullen is over thinking the situation.

When Bell has been able to hold onto the ball he has actually let off some good punts. He should never be allowed to kick a field goal again though. Mullen is just being ridiculous with that. Why not give someone else a shot at this point? It's ridiculous.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-25-2013, 08:10 AM
When Bell has been able to hold onto the ball he has actually let off some good punts. He should never be allowed to kick a field goal again though. Mullen is just being ridiculous with that. Why not give someone else a shot at this point? It's ridiculous.
Do we have anyone else that we can give a shot?

mrucker85
10-25-2013, 08:11 AM
I heard that Swedendurg and another guy collided with each other coming out of the tunnel, which is why he was unavailable for that first punt. No way that Mullen benched Baker in favor of Devon in that situation.

Dawgface
10-25-2013, 08:12 AM

Not this crap again.

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-25-2013, 08:21 AM
Do we have anyone else that we can give a shot?

Yes. Evan Sobiesk.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-25-2013, 08:50 AM
Yes. Evan Sobiesk.
Wasn't he a walk-on in the 2011 class?

Behrdawg
10-25-2013, 08:53 AM

Fantastic post. Haha. Too damn funny.

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-25-2013, 08:57 AM
Wasn't he a walk-on in the 2011 class?

2012 class.

DownwardDawg
10-25-2013, 09:03 AM
2012 class.

And I think he's 1 for 1 kicking FG's.

Political Hack
10-25-2013, 09:11 AM
Sobiesk was the better FG kicker coming our of high school too. go watch his YouTube video and you'll like knowing that kid is sitting on the sidelines. it's sickening.

from what I've been told Mullen "loves Devon like a son". I think it's personal for him and he's refusing to turn against potential in favor of production. I'm still pro-Dan, but that's a rookie mistake for a 5th year head coach.

BHildreth3
10-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Bounds got an email from a coach from Bell's high school. He said that Bell was great at kickoffs and punting. He was AVERAGE at best kicking field goals. That comment was interesting.

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-25-2013, 09:19 AM
Bounds got an email from a coach from Bell's high school. He said that Bell was great at kickoffs and punting. He was AVERAGE at best kicking field goals. That comment was interesting.

He never even really kicked field goals in high school. I have no problem with him being the punter next year though.

EAVdog
10-25-2013, 09:21 AM
Devon Bell wants to do kick-offs and punt duty next year. He punted in the Bowling Green game as well. He's got a huge leg and can actually be good at that since his accuracy is terrible in games.

Apparently Bell is lights out in practice on field goals but wilts under the lights during the games (as we've seen). If you got a guy making 57 yarders in practice and hitting 27-28 as a coach it would be hard not to give a guy the chance to get his head straight. After last night his time is probably up.

I have to agree some with the OP, everyone needs to chill. Not just after this win but damn if our fans didn't go into little man syndrome after Ole Miss beat LSU. I really think 90% of our fan base truly does judge their self worth by comparing themselves to Ole Miss. Pretty sad.

FlabLoser
10-25-2013, 09:29 AM
Carskadon tweeted that Merlin said Bell punted better than Swedenburg in practice this week.

Merlin is just playing us for fools at this point. He calls a 3rd and 2 no back set Tyler Russell run just to smack us in the face.

Its time.

I really think he had Bell punting some just to get him some PT and hopefully help is confidence. That backfired like #WeBelieve.