PDA

View Full Version : 2 weeks and we have actual games to argue about

msstate7
08-10-2019, 08:34 AM
I think Florida rolls Miami. I'm really leaning lay the 7 points and ride with the gators.

Who the heck knows on Arizona (-10.5) vs Hawaii? Anyone have an educated guess on this game

gravedigger
08-10-2019, 08:39 AM
I think Florida rolls Miami. I'm really leaning lay the 7 points and ride with the gators.

Who the heck knows on Arizona (-10.5) vs Hawaii? Anyone have an educated guess on this game

If the game is in Hawaii, I'd take the rainbows to cover. Massey ratings has it as a 38-31 game with a mean of 41-31. Fairly good line for vegas.

msstate7
08-10-2019, 08:40 AM
If the game is in Hawaii, I'd take the rainbows to cover. Massey ratings has it as a 38-31 game with a mean of 41-31. Fairly good line for vegas.

At Hawaii

gravedigger
08-10-2019, 08:50 AM

There is an emotional factor in that Miami game that is going to defy talent ratings. It could be a walk in the park for Florida for sure. But if they dont pull away quickly because Miami's defense is stingy, it could also be a nail biter.

BulldogDX55
08-10-2019, 09:04 AM
There is an emotional factor in that Miami game that is going to defy talent ratings. It could be a walk in the park for Florida for sure. But if they dont pull away quickly because Miami's defense is stingy, it could also be a nail biter.

The real question would be is Dan Mullen planning on wearing shorts.

dantheman4248
08-10-2019, 01:09 PM
Big Game Dan vs. an energized Miami squad. We know how this turns out. Take Miami and the points. Take them straight up if you're feeling frisky, but this game will like be a one score game that's a first to 20 wins type of game. Giving a team a TD is free money imo.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-10-2019, 02:27 PM
Big Game Dan vs. an energized Miami squad. We know how this turns out. Take Miami and the points. Take them straight up if you're feeling frisky, but this game will like be a one score game that's a first to 20 wins type of game. Giving a team a TD is free money imo.

Grantham is a good DC and Florida has better talent on D. On O, Miami has a worse QB, a new system, Miami's OL is bad if I remember correctly, and I don't really think this qualifies as a "big game". Vs UGA for the East you can say Dan will clam up, not vs a an OOC team game 1 of the season. I could be wrong but I think Miami gets exposed as they did last year vs LSU. SEC teams seem to get up when they have a big OOC game to prove themselves in and Miami is overrated based on name recognition. I like Diaz but I think they need time to get to UF's level

Todd4State
08-10-2019, 02:44 PM
Grantham is a good DC and Florida has better talent on D. On O, Miami has a worse QB, a new system, Miami's OL is bad if I remember correctly, and I don't really think this qualifies as a "big game". Vs UGA for the East you can say Dan will clam up, not vs a an OOC team game 1 of the season. I could be wrong but I think Miami gets exposed as they did last year vs LSU. SEC teams seem to get up when they have a big OOC game to prove themselves in and Miami is overrated based on name recognition. I like Diaz but I think they need time to get to UF's level

I agree. This is more like Dan vs Ole Miss when he's not job shopping.

bulldawg28
08-10-2019, 02:52 PM

Florida by 14-17

RocketDawg
08-10-2019, 03:03 PM
On Thursday Aug 28, Georgia Tech plays Clemson on the ACC Network.

I understand that Comcast, Dish, and AT&T have not come to an agreement yet to carry the new network. Not sure if it'll be on WatchESPN or not.

Seems like there were the same last minute things going on when the SEC Network debuted.

MarketingBully
08-11-2019, 06:54 AM

Miami has a worse QB then Florida? Really? Martell was a 5 star and the number 2 dual threat QB in his class. Diaz should know all about Dan’s dink and dunk run based spread. If Diaz stays out of Enos’s way, that offense should be good. Remember Dan’s goof up against South Alabama to open up the season. I think Miami has a shot here but I definitely would take Miami and the points. Florida may still win but I think it will be closer then the experts think.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
08-11-2019, 05:15 PM

Miami declined hiring Dopey Dan and his Country Club not just once (2010-11), but a second time (2015-16). Dopey Dan is a GREAT coach when he wants to be. Dopey Dan will want to make a statement in this game. Dopey Dan and Flarda cover easily.

BuckyIsAB****
08-11-2019, 06:01 PM
I cant wait to see Martell get exposed

msstate7
08-11-2019, 06:03 PM

I wish I had a better feel for him. He's the wildcard that's kept me from going Florida just yet. I don't think he's good enough to keep Miami in it, but I just don't know

MetEdDawg
08-11-2019, 06:06 PM
Diaz seeing Mullen's offense every day for 2 years should not be overlooked in this game. If there's anyone that has the ability to scheme Mullen's offense into making incorrect reads and getting into unfavorable situations, it's Diaz.

msstate7
08-11-2019, 06:20 PM
Diaz seeing Mullen's offense every day for 2 years should not be overlooked in this game. If there's anyone that has the ability to scheme Mullen's offense into making incorrect reads and getting into unfavorable situations, it's Diaz.

Didn't Mullen also see Diaz's defense?

BuckyIsAB****
08-11-2019, 06:23 PM
I wish I had a better feel for him. He's the wildcard that's kept me from going Florida just yet. I don't think he's good enough to keep Miami in it, but I just don't know

He's a pretty boy who can run a little bit. He has not seen what he is about to see. Grantham is going to come after him

MetEdDawg
08-11-2019, 06:53 PM
Didn't Mullen also see Diaz's defense?

Depends on how much meddling you believe Mullen did, which for most on here believe Mullen meddled a lot.

But it's way easier to add defensive wrinkles to stop base offenses than the other way around, especially game 1. Plus I don't think Franks is a good QB.

Diaz has the scheme advantage for sure in this game. Mullen has the talent advantage. But Mullen doesn't do well in these games and I like Diaz to put the Florida offense in trouble. Miami may not win but I can't see this game being more than a TD win.

Jack Lambert
08-11-2019, 07:22 PM
This is going to be like watching a old WWII movie where the Germans are fighting the Russians. You have no dog in the hunt and it doesn't matter who dies because who ever dies is either a German or a Russian.

msstate7
08-12-2019, 10:51 AM
Jarren Williams named Miami starter

StarkVegasSteve
08-12-2019, 10:57 AM

The kid is 60-0 as a starter. Now people can say it's because he played at Bishop Gorman and they are only tested 3-4 times a year, but at a certain point you have to realize that he's got some game. Now I could be totally wrong and he could look like a scrub against UF, but I really believe he could have a big game and prove a lot of people wrong.

EDIT: Nevermind. Martell didn't win the job. On to the next school.

msstate7
08-12-2019, 11:58 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/d1ZTmWhQ/87-B6-AFCA-550-A-40-B8-B3-CE-7-F4261-D6-ACA1.jpg (https://postimg.cc/ftZLMf71)

Johnson85
08-12-2019, 01:34 PM
Depends on how much meddling you believe Mullen did, which for most on here believe Mullen meddled a lot.

But it's way easier to add defensive wrinkles to stop base offenses than the other way around, especially game 1. Plus I don't think Franks is a good QB.

Franks isn't a good QB, but Mullen can do a lot with an athlete playing QB. If Florida doesn't win this handily, Mullen is likely going to have a long, long, short tenure at UF.

Diaz has the scheme advantage for sure in this game. Mullen has the talent advantage. But Mullen doesn't do well in these games and I like Diaz to put the Florida offense in trouble. Miami may not win but I can't see this game being more than a TD win.

What games? Against coaches in their first year? Against in state rivalries?

Mullen does well when he's focused. I am assuming this is still a new challenge for him and he is focused and interested. He's got a talent advantage. That seems to be the right formula for him to do well.

I'm not sure what kind of dysfunction may be still impacting UF from the previous coach, and I'm not sure Mullen hasn't deviated from what he did at State by taking more locker room risks in order to pacify fans wanting recruiting rankings. But I'll still be betting on florida on this one.

thf24
08-12-2019, 01:41 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/d1ZTmWhQ/87-B6-AFCA-550-A-40-B8-B3-CE-7-F4261-D6-ACA1.jpg (https://postimg.cc/ftZLMf71)

Something tells me Grantham will be dialing back on those 0 man blitzes he's so fond of.

BrunswickDawg
08-12-2019, 01:48 PM
Something tells me Grantham will be dialing back on those 0 man blitzes he's so fond of.

If not, UF fans may learn the meaning of "Third and Grantham" real fast.

biggun
08-12-2019, 05:44 PM
Miami has a worse QB then Florida? Really? Martell was a 5 star and the number 2 dual threat QB in his class. Diaz should know all about Dan?s dink and dunk run based spread. If Diaz stays out of Enos?s way, that offense should be good. Remember Dan?s goof up against South Alabama to open up the season. I think Miami has a shot here but I definitely would take Miami and the points. Florida may still win but I think it will be closer then the experts think.

Martell is not the starting QB, he got beat out, announced today

MarketingBully
08-12-2019, 05:49 PM
The X-factor for me is Dan Enos. Saban wanted him badly as their OC but he said no and left for greener pastures in Miami. He?s a great QB developer and was really the brains behind the Alabama offense last year. I wouldn?t touch the UF-Miami game with a 10 foot pole.

BuckyIsAB****
08-12-2019, 09:54 PM
The kid is 60-0 as a starter. Now people can say it's because he played at Bishop Gorman and they are only tested 3-4 times a year, but at a certain point you have to realize that he's got some game. Now I could be totally wrong and he could look like a scrub against UF, but I really believe he could have a big game and prove a lot of people wrong.

EDIT: Nevermind. Martell didn't win the job. On to the next school.

Yeah I was about to say. He is a pretty boy and always has been. He was extremely unlikable on that QB1 show on netflix

MarketingBully
08-13-2019, 03:08 AM
Martell is not the starting QB, he got beat out, announced today

Dumb move by Diaz. Then the idiot announced that Martell is battling for the backup QB role. Martell then left Miami so that was a great way to handle the QB battle. If a grad transfer comes in, there is some expectation that they get the job unless another QB is just miles better. Just like everyone expects Tommy Stevens to start and rightfully so he will be our QB.

MarketingBully
08-13-2019, 03:09 AM
Jarren Williams named Miami starter

I take it back. Mullen will role over Diaz. That?s a dumb ass move. Martell is also no longer at Miami. That?s how not to handle a QB competition as a coach.

Dawgfan77
08-13-2019, 05:49 AM
Does Martel sit this year and have immediate eligibility in 20?

Johnson85
08-13-2019, 09:55 AM
I take it back. Mullen will role over Diaz. That?s a dumb ass move. Martell is also no longer at Miami. That?s how not to handle a QB competition as a coach.

What was he supposed to do? He could have publicly not named a starter, but assuming Martell can count, he was going to be able to tell who was getting starter snaps at practice.