PDA

View Full Version : Baker

msstate7
10-24-2013, 11:23 PM
What's up with him? Bell is absolutely killing this team punting and kicking

chef dixon
10-24-2013, 11:25 PM
Bell = 12 point UK swing. I know we didn't look great as a team, but he was a huge reason the game was as close as it was.

Maroonbulldog
10-24-2013, 11:53 PM
With the problems we seem to have w kickers right now-it is interesting to know a good kicker from Hinds is on campus right now on a full ride academic scholly. He was an invited walk on, was a team MVP ad a really good kicker at Hinds to boot. Kid can play- no clue why the coaches will not at least go talk to him.

Todd4State
10-24-2013, 11:58 PM
With the problems we seem to have w kickers right now-it is interesting to know a good kicker from Hinds is on campus right now on a full ride academic scholly. He was an invited walk on, was a team MVP ad a really good kicker at Hinds to boot. Kid can play- no clue why the coaches will not at least go talk to him.

You're talking about Kyle Williams I think. Certainly worth a look.

Coaches get too enamored with leg strength and not enough with accuracy with kickers. A kicker that has a range of only 40 yards but can hit 80% of his field goals is better than a guy that has a range of 65 but can only hit 33% of his field goals from close and deep range.

SPMT
10-25-2013, 12:00 AM
Mullen is a ****ing idiot. Nothing is wrong with Baker other than Mullen having a hard on for Bell. Baker is the best special teams player we've had for years.

mrucker85
10-25-2013, 08:14 AM
Mullen is a ****ing idiot. Nothing is wrong with Baker other than Mullen having a hard on for Bell. Baker is the best special teams player we've had for years.

I'd heard that Swedenburg and another player collided coming out of the tunnel...

Original48
10-25-2013, 08:24 AM
I must have texted everybody I knew who was at home watching asking if anything was mentioned on TV about Baker not punting. Nobody at the game could figure it out. Mullen's statement in the press conference about Bell making 27 of 28 field goals in practice and out punting Baker in practice made getting rid of him enter my mind for the first time. I don't care if you have a bad punt or two in a game if you're Baker. He's proved he's the man ON THE FIELD. Apparently Bell is the man AT PRACTICE. Putting a novice punter and obvious head case in with his heels on the back line of the endzone was one of the worst decisions I've seen Mullen make. I guess we can be glad Bell didn't fumble the snap forward and KY recover it for a TD.

SPMT
10-25-2013, 08:41 AM
I'd heard that Swedenburg and another player collided coming out of the tunnel...

Wearing pads.....get outta here. Nothing was wrong with Baker other than his head coach being a moron.

Maroonbulldog
10-25-2013, 10:14 AM
Yes- Kyle is who I'm talking about.

You're talking about Kyle Williams I think. Certainly worth a look.

Coaches get too enamored with leg strength and not enough with accuracy with kickers. A kicker that has a range of only 40 yards but can hit 80% of his field goals is better than a guy that has a range of 65 but can only hit 33% of his field goals from close and deep range.