PDA

View Full Version : Nkemdiche surfaces......

Liverpooldawg
08-08-2019, 09:05 PM
Why am I not surprised it's with the Dolphins. That should work out well. Miami is just the place to help him get his mind focused on football with no distractions. They evidently were smart enough not to risk a whole lot on him.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/dolphins/2019/08/08/nfl-robert-nkemdiche-signs-miami-dolphins/1955913001/

BeardoMSU
08-08-2019, 09:08 PM
I assumed it would be a Haiti mission trip, but I guess this is next best thing.**

timotheus
08-08-2019, 09:09 PM
He'll drift around a few more years, if he loses 40 pounds. The guy is a mess and lacks any focus or sense of urgency in anything other than music and being high.

msstate7
08-08-2019, 09:12 PM
Dolphins signed him for little over a million. I think it's a good signing for them. If he gets serious about football, they have a talented player. If he keeps doing what he's been doing, oh well

K9 Avenger
08-08-2019, 09:32 PM
I assumed it would be a Haiti mission trip, but I guess this is next best thing.**

More Haitians in Miami than Port Au Prince.....

BulldogDX55
08-08-2019, 10:18 PM
Shocked he didn't sign Up for a graduate assistant position with Liberty.

DownwardDawg
08-08-2019, 10:19 PM
Dolphins signed him for little over a million. I think it's a good signing for them. If he gets serious about football, they have a talented player. If he keeps doing what he's been doing, oh well

It was like burning money. Total waste. Too many ifs. He’s useless.

biggun
08-08-2019, 11:20 PM
It was like burning money. Total waste. Too many ifs. He’s useless.

Highly doubt much of that million is guaranteed money

Todd4State
08-08-2019, 11:35 PM
I wish someone would pay me a little more than a million if I sucked at my job.

Tbonewannabe
08-09-2019, 10:39 AM
Who is the last person that had that much talent and just flushed it down the toilet? Ryan Leaf comes to mind but I am sure there is someone since then.

Scared_Hitless
08-09-2019, 10:41 AM
Who is the last person that had that much talent and just flushed it down the toilet? Ryan Leaf comes to mind but I am sure there is someone since then.

Josh Gordon not even close. He was Elite in every category as a WR. Leaf and Rob Nkemdiche were just potential never showed NFL level skills. Hell Rob probably had 1 move after college the Bull Rush.

msstatelp1
08-09-2019, 10:48 AM

Would you throw Treadwell in that catagory? Not sure if he is talent that was wasted or talent that was undeveloped for NFL level play.

Jack Lambert
08-09-2019, 12:01 PM

Different circumstances and many of his problems were not of his doing but Marcus Dupree talent was wasted. He makes the right decisions in life, he could have been one of the greats.

Tbonewannabe
08-09-2019, 12:05 PM
Josh Gordon not even close. He was Elite in every category as a WR. Leaf and Rob Nkemdiche were just potential never showed NFL level skills. Hell Rob probably had 1 move after college the Bull Rush.

I knew there was someone that was just in the back of my mind and this is the winner. Didn't he lead the NFL in receiving yards at some point?

HereComesTheSpiral
08-09-2019, 12:05 PM

The Boz, wouldn't really say he was wasted talent, more like his' body was completely shot by the time he got to the NFL.

Tbonewannabe
08-09-2019, 12:07 PM
Would you throw Treadwell in that catagory? Not sure if he is talent that was wasted or talent that was undeveloped for NFL level play.

I personally think Treadwell was just more hype than substance. His combine numbers weren't "a lot" better than Bear's numbers and what he did in college was actually close to Bear, he just had more passes thrown his way. I will say that the reason Bear didn't get a shot seemed to be his work ethic off the field.

BB30
08-09-2019, 12:52 PM

I agree. The guy has an unbelievable skill set that you can't teach. It is worth the risk in the off chance that he gets his head on straight. Your getting a top end physical skill set at a fraction of the price. Really no way the dolphins lose in this deal. If it doesn't work out you just cut bait.

timotheus
08-09-2019, 02:53 PM
Different circumstances and many of his problems were not of his doing but Marcus Dupree talent was wasted. He makes the right decisions in life, he could have been one of the greats.

I know a guy who officiated some of Dupree's high school games. He said the refs were gassed after a game of Marcus breaking off the long runs and returns.

Jarius
08-09-2019, 03:42 PM
I wish someone would pay me a little more than a million if I sucked at my job.

If you had the potential to make your company millions of more dollars by simply starting to give a shit you could get your wish. He won the genetics lottery and is quickly pissing it away. I can’t imagine he gets another shot if he blows this one.

DancingRabbit
08-09-2019, 05:48 PM
I know he's a clown, but I can't must up much sports hate for him anymore.

Since he's a reb, I can't honestly wish for him to be great. But, for his own sake I hope he gets his act together and does well enough to keep his job.

Tbonewannabe
08-10-2019, 11:17 AM
And now Antonio Brown is proving why it wasn't a bad move for the Steelers to trade him. He is talking about quitting football if he isn't allowed to wear an illegal helmet by the NFL. Dude is a headcase.