PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee lost 2 more players today

Jarius
08-07-2019, 07:01 PM
Their most experienced DL (and 2nd starter on defense they have lost this offseason) and their 6th OL of the offseason. #thatgameisnotatossup

msstate7
08-07-2019, 07:20 PM
Delete

BiscuitEater
08-07-2019, 07:26 PM
Their most experienced DL (and 2nd starter on defense they have lost this offseason) and their 6th OL of the offseason. #thatgameisnotatossup

Are you saying they have now lost 6 OL or they lost one OL, the #6 guy?

DancingRabbit
08-07-2019, 07:42 PM
Are you saying they have now lost 6 OL or they lost one OL, the #6 guy?

Yeah, 6 OL have left UT in the off-season. Some were processed probably, but 2-3 they would have liked to keep for depth.

https://sports.yahoo.com/tennessee-lineman-gooden-season-torn-acl-220929638--ncaaf.html

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-07-2019, 07:47 PM
Tennessee's DL is in real trouble. From Reddit, this is a comment on the DL leaving:

"Defensive line is by far our biggest unknown and has basically no depth. Our presumed started at DT now is a 3-star redshirt freshman named Kingston Harris.

We're basically crossing every finger and every toe that the NCAA gives transfer Aubrey Solomon a waiver to play immediately or it's going to be a long, long season for the rush defense.

Thank God we play in such a pass happy league and no one runs it /s"

For all our questions about Crumedy or Lovett being solid backups, they're starting RFr too.

The OL started 6 games for them last year at OG, would have been 7 but he was injured. Was expected to compete for the starting OT role, probably was going to be the backup though.

Our DL shouldn't get pushed around by their OL. Our LB's are great. Our secondary is solid and our DC will have a good gameplan. On the other side, our OL should dominate their DL and we will chew clock on the ground. Tennessee's back end isn't LSU's so we probably can get a few decent pass plays off too. Even their stadium isn't as intimidating as most; the fans are all middle aged drunks with little energy and the acoustics are bad. TN should be viewed like Kentucky to us.

Homedawg
08-07-2019, 08:13 PM

Yes it is.....

Homedawg
08-07-2019, 08:15 PM
Tennessee's DL is in real trouble. From Reddit, this is a comment on the DL leaving:

"Defensive line is by far our biggest unknown and has basically no depth. Our presumed started at DT now is a 3-star redshirt freshman named Kingston Harris.

We're basically crossing every finger and every toe that the NCAA gives transfer Aubrey Solomon a waiver to play immediately or it's going to be a long, long season for the rush defense.

Thank God we play in such a pass happy league and no one runs it /s"

For all our questions about Crumedy or Lovett being solid backups, they're starting RFr too.

The OL started 6 games for them last year at OG, would have been 7 but he was injured. Was expected to compete for the starting OT role, probably was going to be the backup though.

Our DL shouldn't get pushed around by their OL. Our LB's are great. Our secondary is solid and our DC will have a good gameplan. On the other side, our OL should dominate their DL and we will chew clock on the ground. Tennessee's back end isn't LSU's so we probably can get a few decent pass plays off too. Even their stadium isn't as intimidating as most; the fans are all middle aged drunks with little energy and the acoustics are bad. TN should be viewed like Kentucky to us.

Sounds like we are in the Same boat at DT. I agree our OL should be better than theirs.

BuckyIsAB****
08-07-2019, 08:25 PM
Sounds like we are in the Same boat at DT. I agree our OL should be better than theirs.

We have a Sr who has played in games starting. That is better than a RS Fr who has never played. We are better than them at every position on defense with a better D coaching staff....

Offensively we are better at OL, their QB is nothing special, they are better at WR than us. The only advantage they have is being at home. Thats how I see it

Homedawg
08-07-2019, 08:27 PM
We have a Sr who has played in games starting. That is better than a RS Fr who has never played. We are better than them at every position on defense with a better D coaching staff....

Offensively we are better at OL, their QB is nothing special, they are better at WR than us. The only advantage they have is being at home. Thats how I see it

We will see.... course you have d Thomas going to the league too so there's that..... and we will see on Autry...

BuckyIsAB****
08-07-2019, 08:33 PM
We will see.... course you have d Thomas going to the league too so there's that..... and we will see on Autry...

He has been our best and most consistent WR. The NFL is a pass crazy league and he has been a productive slot. He will get a chance somewhere. Its not that far fetched, Lance Long played for the Cardinals for a year or two

KOdawg1
08-07-2019, 08:35 PM

Our situation isn't nearly as bad as their's..

Homedawg
08-07-2019, 08:42 PM
He has been our best and most consistent WR. The NFL is a pass crazy league and he has been a productive slot. He will get a chance somewhere. Its not that far fetched, Lance Long played for the Cardinals for a year or two

Call me on it in a year.... Getting a chance isn't making it. He won't make a practice squad. Won't even come close.

Homedawg
08-07-2019, 08:43 PM
Our situation isn't nearly as bad as their's..

Hahahahahahhahahahaha...... we will see

KOdawg1
08-07-2019, 08:44 PM
Hahahahahahhahahahaha...... we will see

I mean, I'm glad that amuses you so much. And yeah, we will

Homedawg
08-07-2019, 08:49 PM
We won't have a guy who has played a snap at dt play in the first (blank) games. That's our top 6!!! Do they have it that bad??
ETA my bad Lovett played a few in mop up twice... not sure about crumedy. My point remains

msu15
08-07-2019, 09:01 PM
We won't have a guy who has played a snap at dt play in the first (blank) games. That's our top 6!!! Do they have it that bad???

Lee Autry was in the rotation last year.

Homedawg
08-07-2019, 09:03 PM
Lee Autry was in the rotation last year.

I'm well aware of that......

Jarius
08-07-2019, 09:03 PM
Yes it is.....

No it isn’t. You can keep repeating it if it makes you feel better.

Jarius
08-07-2019, 09:05 PM

We have a senior that will play in the NfL and multiple borderline elite seniors that can slide inside on passing situations. We also have about triple the talent that they have at defensive end, which also makes a difference.

Homedawg
08-07-2019, 09:07 PM
We have a senior that will play in the NfL and multiple borderline elite seniors that can slide inside on passing situations. We also have about triple the talent that they have at defensive end, which also makes a difference.

I'll just let it be.....obviously you don't get it...../ But we don't have anyone that plays end besides Spencer that could remotely go inside.

Jarius
08-07-2019, 09:08 PM
Maybe you should turn on the tape and watch Chauncey play inside on passing downs last year. Or don’t and keep spewing nonsense.

Homedawg
08-07-2019, 09:14 PM
Maybe you should turn on the tape and watch Chauncey play inside on passing downs last year. Or don’t and keep spewing nonsense.

Sorry I missed the passing down part. You are correct he can. On long yardage passing downs. I'll give you that. But he's not a dt On run downs. And that's my concern. A big one.

Homedawg
08-07-2019, 09:16 PM

But I'd love to know my nonsense.....if there is more...

Jarius
08-07-2019, 09:19 PM
The fact that we have a senior DT that will play football in the NFL as one of our starters, multiple ends that can slide inside on passing downs, and way more talent at end and linebacker means our situation is nowhere near the same as Tennessee’s at DT. Other positions being elite around the defensive tackles can hide deficiencies. They are in major trouble on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

Homedawg
08-07-2019, 09:22 PM
The fact that we have a senior DT that will play football in the NFL as one of our starters, multiple ends that can slide inside on passing downs, and way more talent at end and linebacker means our situation is nowhere near the same as Tennessee?s at DT. Other positions being elite around the defensive tackles can hide deficiencies. They are in major trouble on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

Ok we have one sr dt.... one........ and well......
And my comments referring to UT we strictly talking about DT.
And if you can't stop the run it won't matter how many guys can slide inside. Js.
But curiously, before any game is played, how many points you giving me on the road in Knoxville??

Jarius
08-07-2019, 09:26 PM
Vegas will give you about 7 by kickoff, so go take advantage of it.

Homedawg
08-07-2019, 09:27 PM
Vegas will give you about 7 by kickoff, so go take advantage of it.

Oh so you aren't willing to make a wager huh?? Aight. That's cool.

Jarius
08-07-2019, 09:31 PM
Oh so you aren't willing to make a wager huh?? Aight. That's cool.

I will wager with you straight up whatever you would like to bet. State is winning that game minus a quarterback injury. A thousand dollars? If you want points, go to Vegas.

Bdawg
08-07-2019, 09:31 PM
Ok we have one sr dt.... one........ and well......
And my comments referring to UT we strictly talking about DT.
And if you can't stop the run it won't matter how many guys can slide inside. Js.
But curiously, before any game is played, how many points you giving me on the road in Knoxville??

I know I'm interjecting into yall's convo, but why do you want points? Thought it was a toss-up.

Homedawg
08-07-2019, 09:33 PM
I know I'm interjecting into yall's convo, but why do you want points? Thought it was a toss-up.

Our situation is sooo much better. They told me so. I'm the dumbass clearly. So I need points.... that's coming from them. We are Way better off. Not my words. Theirs. Therefore, I need points.... but he went crickets

Jarius
08-07-2019, 09:36 PM
Our situation is sooo much better. They told me so. I'm the dumbass clearly. So I need points.... that's coming from them. We are Way better off. Not my words. Theirs. Therefore, I need points.... but he went crickets

I didn’t go crickets. I told you to put your money where your mouth is. A thousand dollars. Straight up. We could always lose against the spread. We beat the hell out of LSU in 14 but the end result looked like a close game. Garbage points matter.

Homedawg
08-07-2019, 10:02 PM
I didn’t go crickets. I told you to put your money where your mouth is. A thousand dollars. Straight up. We could always lose against the spread. We beat the hell out of LSU in 14 but the end result looked like a close game. Garbage points matter.

Why would I go straight up when we are so much better? And I'll get 7 in Vegas?? That's dumb. But I'll take 5 from yo right now and we are on.

Cowbell
08-07-2019, 10:19 PM
I'm well aware of that......

So, brackey, are you saying that Autry is gonna be hanging out with key for a few games?

Jarius
08-07-2019, 10:25 PM
Why would I go straight up when we are so much better? And I'll get 7 in Vegas?? That's dumb. But I'll take 5 from yo right now and we are on.

Because garbage points matter in gambling. Mississippi State is going to win the game. Im confident enough in that to bet you a thousand dollars that State will win straight up. I am not confident that they will cover a spread with garbage points. If you want to take that bet, then take it. If you want points, go to Vegas.

1bigdawg
08-07-2019, 10:38 PM

You have ben saying that Tenn is going to win straight up. Sounds like you have been called out.

StateDawg44
08-08-2019, 07:28 AM

Who is your starting QB if you were MSU's coach and the game was tonight?

msstate7
08-08-2019, 07:36 AM
You have ben saying that Tenn is going to win straight up. Sounds like you have been called out.

Nah, homedawg, myself, and others have just said it would be a tough game. We've been called everything short of stupid for not declaring us a winner of this game before we even step on the field

StateDawg44
08-08-2019, 07:49 AM
Nah, homedawg, myself, and others have just said it would be a tough game. We've been called everything short of stupid for not declaring us a winner of this game before we even step on the field

Are the other people claiming for it to be a pushover game?

msstate7
08-08-2019, 07:54 AM
Are the other people claiming for it to be a pushover game?

You tell me... what's the hashtag in the original post in this thread?

StateDawg44
08-08-2019, 08:05 AM
You tell me... what's the hashtag in the original post in this thread?

All this over a hashtag??? Lolz.

Yall are acting like our "inexperienced players" are just as big of pushovers as the hashtag insinuates. I'd rather have somewhat experienced upperclassmen than have true freshman starting.

msstate7
08-08-2019, 08:09 AM
All this over a hashtag??? Lolz.

Yall are acting like our "inexperienced players" are just as big of pushovers as the hashtag insinuates. I'd rather have somewhat experienced upperclassmen than have true freshman starting.
You should bow out this... this has gone on all offseason.

ETA... We were pretty bad on the road last year vs decent sec teams, 7 or less is all 3

Homedawg
08-08-2019, 08:41 AM

show me where i said that...... nope, I have been on record that it wasn't going to be a push over. It won't be, we might win and we might not, gonna be a tough one.

TrapGame
08-08-2019, 08:41 AM
If Tommy is as good as they say he is looking, if Zuber is as good as they say he is looking and if Javonta Patterson is the WR freak that they say he's looking like during camp...we will beat Tennessee along with a bunch of other teams this season.

That deep ball threat will let Kylin Hill be a beast.

Cowbell
08-08-2019, 08:44 AM
So, brackey, are you saying that Autry is gonna be hanging out with key for a few games?

Homedawg, is Autry a possible suspension?

StateDawg44
08-08-2019, 09:35 AM

ETA... We were pretty bad on the road last year vs decent sec teams, 7 or less is all 3

I'm good on bowing out, didn't realize you were the internet police.

I've kept up with this. Just don't feel the need to contradict everything for the sake of arguing. The only reason I commented though is because of the overly dramatic quadruple post made in another thread essentially stating "I told 'ya so" like every other time this topic has been brought up and questioned. No need to get panties in a wad because someone disagrees with him and asks for a little more proof or information than some rando (or group of randos) claiming it on a message board. There isn't one person (that I know of) on this board with "sources" who is batting .10000 after sharing that information. So there is definitely room for skepticism if people choose to be skeptical. Whining because no one apologized to him... about something that is still in fact truly undetermined whether he is right or not..... HA... just comes across as a cry for attention!

I personally DGAF about whether KT is suspended the first game or second game or any game. Or who said it here first. If he is then he is. Hell if him being out is the cause of us losing either of those first two games then we have much much bigger problems than a QB battle or questionable DT's.

In all honesty, I don't think KT will even own the starting position by the TN game. I think he'll have his chance in live reps by starting a game or two, but ultimately he will lose out. That's just my opinion.

Jarius
08-08-2019, 09:45 AM

We were not bad against anyone with a Tennessee level defense.

msstate7
08-08-2019, 09:56 AM
We were not bad against anyone with a Tennessee level defense.

I think you see improvement in our offense and their defense. It's gonna be a good test for both teams

Scared_Hitless
08-08-2019, 09:59 AM
So a team with a coaching staff consisting of Jeremy Pruitt, Jim Chaney, and a 1st year DC that went 5-7 last year is a problem in Year 2 for us under Joe. I just don't see it, we win handily. They lost to Vandy by 4 TDs and Mizzou by 5 TDs at home last season everyone is basing their improvement on two wins against AU and KY. We will see but they don't have the coaching necessary to make a big leap.

Also with their injury woes and us catching them the week after they play GA which will probably be a devastating loss. I like our chances to win big regardless if it is KT or Tommy.

Jarius
08-08-2019, 10:00 AM
What makes you think they improve on defense? Their DL is going to be a huge liability as their most productive returning player on a bad DL just got hurt for the year and they lost a returning starter at linebacker due to injury this spring.

Scared_Hitless
08-08-2019, 10:03 AM
What makes you think they improve on defense? Their DL is going to be a huge liability as their most productive returning player on a bad DL just got hurt for the year and they lost a returning starter at linebacker due to injury this spring.

They wont they also have a 1st year DC who has never called the defense. If Pruitt is calling the defense maybe but we will see.

msstate7
08-08-2019, 10:09 AM

Mainly I believe in Pruitt as a defensive coach. They could really use Solomon though, so the ncaa ruling is huge for them. Let's see who the players are that get suspended for us and for how long.

tcdog70
08-08-2019, 10:17 AM
Mainly I believe in Pruitt as a defensive coach. They could really use Solomon though, so the ncaa ruling is huge for them. Let's see who the players are that get suspended for us and for how long.

Pruitt was a good DC with Bama talent--Let's see what he does with 3 star talent.

msstate7
08-08-2019, 10:23 AM
Pruitt was a good DC with Bama talent--Let's see what he does with 3 star talent.

Doubt we see that. They added 6 4-star defenders and 2 4-star defensive transfers in 2019 class. He added 4 4-star defenders in his class after taking over.

tcdog70
08-08-2019, 01:44 PM
Doubt we see that. They added 6 4-star defenders and 2 4-star defensive transfers in 2019 class. He added 4 4-star defenders in his class after taking over.

they won't have Bama talent--They won't have a Bama offense. Anybody can be a DC at Bama. What can you do at say--Kentucky? Recruiting? Hell , at Alabama they just open the door and 4 and 5 stars run in.

msstate7
08-08-2019, 01:56 PM
they won't have Bama talent--They won't have a Bama offense. Anybody can be a DC at Bama. What can you do at say--Kentucky? Recruiting? Hell , at Alabama they just open the door and 4 and 5 stars run in.

Not saying they'll have Bama talent... just saying they won't have mostly 3-stars.

Johnson85
08-08-2019, 02:51 PM
If Tommy is as good as they say he is looking, if Zuber is as good as they say he is looking and if Javonta Patterson is the WR freak that they say he's looking like during camp...we will beat Tennessee along with a bunch of other teams this season.

That deep ball threat will let Kylin Hill be a beast.

Pretty sure we heard a lot about people looking good last year. Team is ahead of any other 1st year team installing Moreheads offense. Guidry is going to be an early entry risk. I'm sure there were other things.

thf24
08-08-2019, 03:09 PM
Mainly I believe in Pruitt as a defensive coach.

Did Pruitt (or the Bama DC under Saban in general) call the defense? Never really thought about it before but it seems like it would be Saban given that he has a reputation as a micromanager and it's his side of the ball.

TrapGame
08-08-2019, 03:28 PM
Pretty sure we heard a lot about people looking good last year. Team is ahead of any other 1st year team installing Moreheads offense. Guidry is going to be an early entry risk. I'm sure there were other things.

Let it go. Release the negative energy.

msstate7
08-08-2019, 03:30 PM
Did Pruitt (or the Bama DC under Saban in general) call the defense? Never really thought about it before but it seems like it would be Saban given that he has a reputation as a micromanager and it's his side of the ball.

Pretty sure Pruitt called the defense, but Bama wasn't Pruitt's only DC spot. He was at FSU in 2013 (3rd nationally and a natty), Georgia in 2014-2015 (17th nationally and 7th nationally), and Bama 2016-2017 (1st nationally both years, natty in 2017). Obviously he's had outstanding talent at all 3 stops, but he used it well.

Homedawg
08-08-2019, 03:35 PM

I think we will be better on offense. I do. But we've had one day in pads. Zero w tackling or hitting the qb, so I'm gonna reserve judgement until we play a team w a pulse.

TrapGame
08-08-2019, 03:42 PM
I think we will be better on offense. I do. But we've had one day in pads. Zero w tackling or hitting the qb, so I'm gonna reserve judgement until we play a team w a pulse.

And that's fine. I prefer to be a little more optimistic. Joe just didn't start coaching football last year. I'll give the man the benefit of the doubt until he no longer deserves it.

Homedawg
08-08-2019, 04:55 PM
And that's fine. I prefer to be a little more optimistic. Joe just didn't start coaching football last year. I'll give the man the benefit of the doubt until he no longer deserves it.

And while I respect that, I do, I'm on the other end of the spectrum. After last year, he has to earn the benefit of the doubt. I do think he knows football. He had his pass last year. Now he's got to show me.... nothing is given.

TrapGame
08-08-2019, 05:38 PM
And while I respect that, I do, I'm on the other end of the spectrum. After last year, he has to earn the benefit of the doubt. I do think he knows football. He had his pass last year. Now he's got to show me.... nothing is given.

I bet you dole out toilet paper one square at a time.***

Homedawg
08-08-2019, 05:49 PM
I bet you dole out toilet paper one square at a time.***

Haha. I just look at everything face value. Production and results. And w some improvement thrown in. I don't add value Bc I bleed maroon, as many on this board do. Make no mistake, we all want the same thing, to win at the highest level. However, I'm pretty much a realist. Which many mistake as a pessimist. That's not accurate.

timotheus
08-08-2019, 09:10 PM
MSU cannot lose to UT this fall. end of story

Homedawg
08-08-2019, 10:08 PM
MSU cannot lose to UT this fall. end of story

Not if we want to have a good season. Correct.

Jarius
08-09-2019, 02:57 AM

But apparently Pruitt does not have to earn it.

MarketingBully
08-09-2019, 05:20 AM

Correct. None of our opponents do. Pruitt went 5-7 last year and probably will go 7-5 this year with a loss to us thrown in. This year will be a perfect example of why when running Moorhead’s offense you need a cerebral guy at QB. The QB controls everything in his offense. Moorhead may call the plays but his QB is going to decide what’s the best option in his RPO to run on any given play. Passing plays have run options built in and run plays have passing options built in. The QB also pre-diagnosis what the defense is running to help the OL with their protections pre-snap. I’m very excited Stevens transferred in so we can actually see how Moorhead’s offense is supposed to be run. I think we added enough to the WR camp to really be much better there as well. I think this may be the one of the better offenses we’ve ever had.

Homedawg
08-09-2019, 07:29 AM

Huh?? Pruitt doesn't coach for us. And I never said UT was going to win. I did say I think it's going to be a tough game. But to be fair to Pruitt he didn't inherit what joe did. Not even close. Time will tell which is the better hire. At the time, I liked jomo better.

Johnson85
08-09-2019, 08:05 AM

I'll release the negative energy when we look competent against a good defense. I feel pretty good about us going 7-5 of maybe even 8-4 this year. But I'm not buying any hype off of practice after last year.

Jarius
08-09-2019, 08:31 AM
Huh?? Pruitt doesn't coach for us. And I never said UT was going to win. I did say I think it's going to be a tough game. But to be fair to Pruitt he didn't inherit what joe did. Not even close. Time will tell which is the better hire. At the time, I liked jomo better.

Pruitt inherited a team loaded with higher recruited players than we had.....or does that not count? Joe inherited a top 20 defense and his staff turned it into the best defense in our history and in the country. Joe would have beaten Tennessee by 40 points last year and will beat them this year.

Homedawg
08-09-2019, 08:34 AM
Pruitt inherited a hot mess...... joe didn't. If you don't believe or can't see that, ask our very own Coach Shoop

Johnson85
08-09-2019, 08:47 AM
Pruitt inherited a team loaded with higher recruited players than we had.....or does that not count? Joe inherited a top 20 defense and his staff turned it into the best defense in our history and in the country. Joe would have beaten Tennessee by 40 points last year and will beat them this year.

Yea, that's just bullshit spin. There's not a coach in the country that would have picked the situation Pruitt walked into over the one Joe walked into if just looking at one year, and it's not even close.

Joe made a great pick in Schoop and should get credit for that. Joe put in an offense that in year one was great against mediocre competition despite not having a good fit at QB and having a non-SEC quality WR corps, and he should get more credit for that than he probably does. He shit the bed against UK and UF and that's concerning, people have to hope that was just growing pains. The offense never really looked good against good defense, and people have to hope that's just b/c of the poor personnel fit at QB and WR.

That said, I don't think there was anything going on last year at UT that should make UT fans optimistic about Pruitt other than recruiting. There biggest hope for Pruitt is that he walked into such a shit show that there was no chance anybody was going to have them functional in one season and you can't take anything negative or positive from it.

Jarius
08-09-2019, 09:01 AM
Pruitt inherited a hot mess...... joe didn't. If you don't believe or can't see that, ask our very own Coach Shoop

I'm aware of what a mess it was and is. The point went right over your head though. Also, Dan Mullen walked into a mess. He went 10-3.

Jarius
08-09-2019, 09:04 AM
Yea, that's just bullshit spin. There's not a coach in the country that would have picked the situation Pruitt walked into over the one Joe walked into if just looking at one year, and it's not even close.

Joe made a great pick in Schoop and should get credit for that. Joe put in an offense that in year one was great against mediocre competition despite not having a good fit at QB and having a non-SEC quality WR corps, and he should get more credit for that than he probably does. He shit the bed against UK and UF and that's concerning, people have to hope that was just growing pains. The offense never really looked good against good defense, and people have to hope that's just b/c of the poor personnel fit at QB and WR.

That said, I don't think there was anything going on last year at UT that should make UT fans optimistic about Pruitt other than recruiting. There biggest hope for Pruitt is that he walked into such a shit show that there was no chance anybody was going to have them functional in one season and you can't take anything negative or positive from it.

So can we admit that Pruitt does not have the talent that we have, regardless of recruiting rankings? Or do the recruiting rankings now matter since he is recruiting them although he has proven in no way that he is any better than the last 2 coaches they have hired?

TrapGame
08-09-2019, 09:14 AM
This game will be a good measuring stick on two second year head coaches. If we lose this game their will be some grumbling and rightly so. If Pruitt loses this game, at home, his seat gets muy calor.

msstate7
08-09-2019, 09:28 AM
So can we admit that Pruitt does not have the talent that we have, regardless of recruiting rankings? Or do the recruiting rankings now matter since he is recruiting them although he has proven in no way that he is any better than the last 2 coaches they have hired?
Remains to be seen. Talent changes every year. We lost a boat load of it last season. I still think we're more talented, but games will tell

QuadrupleOption
08-09-2019, 09:35 AM
We still got too many folks on this board and in the media that continue to put Tennessee on a pedestal they haven't earned in over a decade. They recruit "better" than us because the name on the jersey means that sites artificially inflate the rankings of their signees. I promise you we have better players and more depth across the board.

The only way we lose this game is if our team gets rattled.

Jarius
08-09-2019, 09:42 AM
We still got too many folks on this board and in the media that continue to put Tennessee on a pedestal they haven't earned in over a decade. They recruit "better" than us because the name on the jersey means that sites artificially inflate the rankings of their signees. I promise you we have better players and more depth across the board.

Bingo. Someone gets the point.

msstate7
08-09-2019, 09:43 AM

Sounds like what we said about Kentucky and Florida last August

Jarius
08-09-2019, 09:45 AM
Remains to be seen. Talent changes every year. We lost a boat load of it last season. I still think we're more talented, but games will tell

We lost talent on one side of the ball and gained talent on the other. Tennessee recruited like they’ve been recruiting for a decade, lost 6 offensive linemen to injury, and 2 defensive starters to injury. The talent gap is the same.

Scared_Hitless
08-09-2019, 09:45 AM

If you base it on recruiting rankings he inherited much more tbh.

Jarius
08-09-2019, 09:48 AM
Sounds like what we said about Kentucky and Florida last August

When did we talk about Kentucky having overrated recruits? The only thing we said about Kentucky is we have beaten them 9 out of the last 10 years and expected to do it again. Wouldn’t most people? Florida had a couple of down years but the talent has always been there. We still should have beaten them.

Homedawg
08-09-2019, 11:57 AM

So there is no chance we lose? If we do then based on most peoples thoughts concerning this game, jomo should be fired on the spot????

Johnson85
08-09-2019, 12:03 PM
So there is no chance we lose? If we do then based on most peoples thoughts concerning this game, jomo should be fired on the spot????

If we lose, that will be a very, very bad sign for us, unless Pruitt is the next coming of Saban. Arky, UT, and UM were all shit shows last year and probably the only coach really well thought of out of those three is MOrris, and he had the most misfit roster for what he wants to do with his system. IF any of those three can make up that much ground in one year, it's more than likely because we are in trouble than it is because they have the next Saban or Meyer.

DancingRabbit
08-09-2019, 12:28 PM

I thought Dan Mullen did - until Stricklin called.

msstate7
08-09-2019, 12:35 PM

Haha, good point. I think Johnson's point was no coach would pick tenn's roster over ours last season. Mullen probably chose Knoxville and the Sec east over Starkville and the sec west.

ETA... also I think tenn's ceiling is higher than ours, and history bears that out

Johnson85
08-09-2019, 12:45 PM

I did say "if just looking at one year", but hard to argue you didn't crush me on that point.