PDA

View Full Version : SC beat Kentucky by 7 at home

Coach34
10-24-2013, 10:31 PM
They controlled the game just like we did and ****ed around and let them back in it

Dawg61
10-24-2013, 10:32 PM
Hud wins this game by 30

Dawgface
10-24-2013, 10:33 PM
That makes me feel a whole lot better.

CadaverDawg
10-24-2013, 10:33 PM
South Carolina and Spurrier have proven WAYYYYYYYYYYY more than MSU and Mullen. Just comparing us to South Carolina is a slap in their face.

MarketingBully01
10-24-2013, 10:35 PM
Ya know the sport we used to have when Croom made our fan base apethitic? Basketball. We don't even have that now. Stricklin better hope his Raynormous decision pays off or Strcklin should be the one canned.

HoopsDawg
10-24-2013, 10:35 PM
They controlled the game just like we did and ****ed around and let them back in it

You just can't keep making excuses for Mullen. That crowd tonight opened some eyes. And our performance in the last 13 games is inexcusable. I would give a lot more rope if he was recruiting better. This is Year 5, coach.

HancockCountyDog
10-24-2013, 10:36 PM
Weren't they winning like 35-7?

Was our big lead 21-10? Coach you are reaching on this one.

MarketingBully01
10-24-2013, 10:37 PM
The media picked us 13 of 14 in basketball ahead of Auburn. What a delightful year we have ahead of us on that front as well...

Coach34
10-24-2013, 10:39 PM
Weren't they winning like 35-7?

No- they were up 27-7 and then Kentucky scored 2 TD's and made it 27-21

HancockCountyDog
10-24-2013, 10:42 PM
No- they were up 27-7 and then Kentucky scored 2 TD's and made it 27-21

Blinders aside, you can't seriously better about our team after tonight's game.

MarketingBully01
10-24-2013, 10:43 PM
If Whitley doesn't do his version of Punk'ed before half I would bet we go up 28-7 right after halftime. That dumbassery from Whitley gave Ketucky hope and some momentum.

Coach34
10-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Blinders aside, you can't seriously better about our team after tonight's game.

I'm just pointing out facts

Coach34
10-24-2013, 10:45 PM
SC had 453 yards of offense- We had 447

CadaverDawg
10-24-2013, 10:49 PM
South Carolina is 5-2, ranked 21, and not worried a damn bit about their game vs MSU

HoopsDawg
10-24-2013, 10:50 PM
SC had 453 yards of offense- We had 447

We needed to come out and dominate like you predicted we would. Instead, we were a questionable offsides call on the onside kick away from losing that game.

Coach34
10-24-2013, 10:53 PM
We needed to come out and dominate like you predicted we would.

I predicted we'd win 31-20

HoopsDawg
10-24-2013, 10:54 PM
I predicted we'd win 31-20

In another thread, you predicted we would win by 14+. It's hard to keep up with all your predictions, but I will bump it if you like.

CrazyEyeKilla
10-24-2013, 10:56 PM
I'm trying to figure out the point of this? Um, yes your statements are facts, but please coach elaborate on the relevance so we can respond.

Coach34
10-24-2013, 10:57 PM
In another thread, you predicted we would win by 14+. It's hard to keep up with all your predictions, but I will bump it if you like.

You're right- I did say that earlier this week

DownwardDawg
10-24-2013, 10:57 PM

Please stop. Stans was way better than Mullen and you stayed on his ass. (I was with you on that) You've gotten all Genespage on us about Mullen. It's terrible.

Coach34
10-24-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm trying to figure out the point of this? Um, yes your statements are facts, but please coach elaborate on the relevance so we can respond.

My point is that a team that is better than us, ranked higher than us, did the same exact thing against them we did tonight

HoopsDawg
10-24-2013, 11:01 PM
My point is that a team that is better than us, ranked higher than us, did the same exact thing against them we did tonight

If we are going to compare scores, should we discuss UK's 9 point loss to Western Kentucky?

Dannyripms
10-24-2013, 11:02 PM
Coach34 you can't be serious!!! You must have a man crush on dan. Seems like every time he stinks it up your here to defend him.

CrazyEyeKilla
10-24-2013, 11:06 PM
It really doesn't make sense. As someone else pointed out, he was so anti-Stansbury and now he has another Stansbury staring him in the face and he is infatuated with him,

HoopsDawg
10-24-2013, 11:10 PM
If we are going to compare scores, should we discuss UK's 9 point loss to Western Kentucky?

By the way, ULL beat WKU by 17. Just sayin. I absolutely hate the compare score game though.

CadaverDawg
10-24-2013, 11:13 PM
Bottom line...

We dropped a turd vs. bowling green. So after a week off and a weak ass UK team coming in, Mullen knew damn well he needed to make a statement. He couldn't afford to crap his pants again against another pansy. Well guess what, even with all of that...pants=Soiled. He can't get it done even when he knows he has to. It's time to cut bait

Coach34
10-24-2013, 11:16 PM
Bottom line...

We dropped a turd vs. bowling green. So after a week off and a weak ass UK team coming in, Mullen knew damn well he needed to make a statement.

This is where fans and coaches are different. Mullen didnt think shit about a statement- he was just thinking win

Shortbusjeff
10-24-2013, 11:17 PM
The apathy of the team speaks for itself! They do not play hard, our offensive line is terrible, 1 good player on o line, 1 decent one, and 3 that wouldn't start in Juco and its been going down hill in the last 5 years. That's just on offense, he just replaced a def co and the improvement isnt' there either. I do understand we don't have the same d backs but there is no pressure at all and we still only rush 4??? It's not just his game decisions that are a concern it the coaching talent that he has surrounded himself with that is a concern.

Add to the mix that there is no team speed at all, NONE. Lewis is not fast or quick. He makes no one miss. However, he does catch fairly well.
In all actuality, to me anyway, I think our problem is with strength and conditioning. Look at out d line, the cannot separate from their blocker. Lack of strength, watch other teams
d lineman push the o line in the first move then get them off balance and attack. We can't.

A complete overhaul is needed.

CadaverDawg
10-24-2013, 11:19 PM
This is where fans and coaches are different. Mullen didnt think shit about a statement- he was just thinking win

Horse. Shit. And if so, then he WILL be thinking about it when he gets fired.

And by the way, how great was he feeling about that win when his defense was being marched down the field on that last drive? You have gone full blown tard strong in your defense of Hunch.

Dawg61
10-24-2013, 11:19 PM
Coach Hud is stronger than 50% of our team

CrazyEyeKilla
10-24-2013, 11:22 PM
Coach, do you not see similarities in Mullen and Stan's?

Coach34
10-24-2013, 11:27 PM
Coach, do you not see similarities in Mullen and Stan's?

Im not defending Mullen- I'm simply posting facts

CrazyEyeKilla
10-24-2013, 11:38 PM
You could have fooled me.

MarketingBully01
10-24-2013, 11:44 PM
The funny thing is that if the Ref would have called the face mask penalty on that sack Kentucky had which resulted in the safety on the next play does Kentucky even score again in the second half? Was pretty obvious and it even effected how Dak went down because he knew they grabbed the face mask. Replay it and you know it was a terrible call. Funny thing to me is that if those roles were reversed Kentucky gets that call at our place. Just terrible. The dumb ass ref wasn't even looking at the QB to see it. He was making sure to mark where Dak was sacked. Possibly the no call play of the game in my opinion. The refs did their job to keep it close but that by far was the worst call of the night.

Todd4State
10-24-2013, 11:54 PM
The funny thing is that if the Ref would have called the face mask penalty on that sack Kentucky had which resulted in the safety on the next play does Kentucky even score again in the second half? Was pretty obvious and it even effected how Dak went down because he knew they grabbed the face mask. Replay it and you know it was a terrible call. Funny thing to me is that if those roles were reversed Kentucky gets that call at our place. Just terrible. The dumb ass ref wasn't even looking at the QB to see it. He was making sure to mark where Dak was sacked. Possibly the no call play of the game in my opinion. The refs did their job to keep it close but that by far was the worst call of the night.

Yeah- it was a bad call. But as a player you can't assume that they are going to call it. You have to keep playing.

Todd4State
10-24-2013, 11:54 PM
Did Kentucky start Whitlow against South Carolina? If they start him and he's healthy, I'm pretty sure we lose.

Dawg61
10-25-2013, 12:01 AM
Nah neither one of their QBs can throw worth a damn

MarketingBully01
10-25-2013, 12:08 AM
Ironic that that is the first time this year I have seen an SEC ref miss a face mask call. Usually they rather throw the flag no matter what. Horrible game changing call! A nine point crap call is what that was.

Todd4State
10-25-2013, 12:14 AM
Nah neither one of their QBs can throw worth a damn

True. But Whitlow can run some. They almost beat us tonight that was about 50% on screen passes.

Todd4State
10-25-2013, 12:15 AM
Ironic that that is the first time this year I have seen an SEC ref miss a face mask call. Usually they rather throw the flag no matter what. Horrible game changing call! A nine point crap call is what that was.

The refs didn't make us put Devon out there to punt in that situation.

MarketingBully01
10-25-2013, 12:21 AM
Sure, but the refs could have put us at the 35 with the face mask penalty. If that is called, it probably turns into a blow out because then Kentcky lets up and we probably score at will. Just saying. Amazing how one bad call could have that kind of effect on the game.

MarketingBully01
10-25-2013, 12:22 AM
Yeah, it was dumb to trot him out there too. I bet Jones' hit outs him out even more weeks.

Dawg61
10-25-2013, 12:23 AM
True. But Whitlow can run some. They almost beat us tonight that was about 50% on screen passes.

Whitlow won't be running tomorrow after Autry stuck him in the ribs with his helmet.

engie
10-25-2013, 12:26 AM
Im not defending Mullen- I'm simply posting facts

Posting "facts" in order to defend Mullen -- in a rather defenseless situation.

We're also 30 yards away from being the DEAD WORST team in the SEC in year 5 -- and you are using the transitive property to try to excuse that as ok. As already pointed out, transitive property can also say Hudspeth is 26 points better than us RIGHT NOW at a neutral site.

Do you think, right now, we are as good of team as South Carolina? Well, let me rephrase -- do you think we have a chance in hell to beat them on the road?

If not -- then this thread is pointless. The results of the last 33 games speak pretty clearly to our chances.

M.Fillmore
10-25-2013, 12:45 AM
We're also 30 yards away from being the DEAD WORST team in the SEC in year 5

By that logic, we are also a few seconds away from beating a surprisingly good Auburn team on the road, being 5-2 and ranked, and people feeling very good.

Whichever company manufactures Midol must love this board.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-25-2013, 12:49 AM
Y'all are letting Coach34 troll y'all for clicks and page views right now...

Coach007
10-25-2013, 12:49 AM

And you are a coach? How can you post so much during football season, during the day?

engie
10-25-2013, 12:51 AM
By that logic, we are also a few seconds away from beating a surprisingly good Auburn team on the road, being 5-2 and ranked, and people feeling very good.

And also that close or closer to being winless in the MAC, 2-5, and having the damn season totally over with.

Glad you singled that sentence out -- when you couldn't disagree with a damn thing I said in actuality.

We're 12th in the SEC right now OK? Better than Kentucky. MAYBE better than Arky(giving the benefit of the doubt). Of course, that looks PERFECTLY sustainable long term** Nothing to worry about**

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20131025-spop-56kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/20131025-spop-56kb)

Todd4State
10-25-2013, 01:41 AM
Sure, but the refs could have put us at the 35 with the face mask penalty. If that is called, it probably turns into a blow out because then Kentcky lets up and we probably score at will. Just saying. Amazing how one bad call could have that kind of effect on the game.

The bottom line is if we get that punt off, we win comfortably. Even if we shank it and then they get a TD, that would have been less destructive than what Bell did.

If a ref blows a call against us and we're playing the without a debate worst team in the SEC at home- we shouldn't allow that to cause ourselves to self destruct like that.

I seen it dawg
10-25-2013, 06:59 AM
I just want to make sure I get credit for being the first to compare Dan to Stains. Weeks ago.

Coach34
10-25-2013, 07:24 AM
I just want to make sure I get credit for being the first to compare Dan to Stains. Weeks ago.

You actually did it numerous times during our drunken tirades watching last year's Egg Bowl

M.Fillmore
10-25-2013, 07:39 AM
I like your stats Engie. So you agree we are on a par with Oklahoma and we are about 32 in the country? That will get us to a bowl game in a year that I never expected better than 6-6. Four straight bowl games and we will be better next year and have a good bowl game in a string of five straight bowls.
I'll take that.

Coach34
10-25-2013, 07:41 AM
And you are a coach? How can you post so much during football season, during the day?

I'm a condom salesman that once coached Jr High Girls basketball

PMDawg
10-25-2013, 08:00 AM

Did they also beat Bowling Green by a point, get skulldrug by LSU and Ok State, and lose 5 of their last 6 games last season?

K9 Avenger
10-25-2013, 08:09 AM

Best post in a REALLY shitty thread....

ComradeDawg
10-25-2013, 08:33 AM
I like your stats Engie. So you agree we are on a par with Oklahoma and we are about 32 in the country? That will get us to a bowl game in a year that I never expected better than 6-6. Four straight bowl games and we will be better next year and have a good bowl game in a string of five straight bowls.
I'll take that.

Did you really think UK was #16 in the country right now???

MarketingBully01
10-25-2013, 08:44 AM
Engie, do you honestly think that Kentucky will hold on to those recruits after going 2-10 and 0-8 in the SEC? I don't. Also, our class isn't completely done and it's not February last I checked. Also, we won't sign a full class this year. Everyone knows that. We still will finish in the top 25 in recruiting rankings at year end so chill on that front. I think people overreact like crazy.

MadDawg
10-25-2013, 08:50 AM
The refs didn't make us put Devon out there to punt in that situation.\

Nope. Dak did.

DanDority
10-25-2013, 08:50 AM

Just think what might have happened had they not called offsides on that onside kick recovery!

NewTweederEndzoneDance
10-25-2013, 09:21 AM
Since we are all so big on stats, quick, someone tell me when was the last time we went to 4 straight bowl games? I'll be here waiting for a while, because the answer is never. So why don't we see if we can get to 6-6 before everyone slits their wrists?

For comparison, the only other coach to take us to 3 straight bowls was Jackie, and he only did it once. If we get to 6-6 this year, our current streak of bowls will account for 22% of the entirety of our bowl history. I'm not pleased with the trend the last 18 months, but the only way we can sustain long term success, and compete for titles, is to actually string together long runs of winning seasons, with some occasional "cycle" seasons thrown in. Until we get to that point, we can't expect to win 9 games every year. That's just delusional. And if we fire Dan after this year, guess what, we are now Ole Miss firing Cutcliff, which is something most of you STILL make fun of Ole Miss for.

MarketingBully01
10-25-2013, 09:27 AM
The guy was offsides. It was a good call.

PMDawg
10-25-2013, 09:30 AM
6-6 vs these schedules does not = 7-4 or better vs Kang schedules.

Also - find me 2 more wins on this schedule.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
10-25-2013, 09:35 AM
6-6 vs these schedules does not = 7-4 or better vs Kang schedules.

Also - find me 2 more wins on this schedule.

6-6 with this schedule is > than 7-4 in any of Jackie's schedules. Keep in mind that Jackie won the West with 3 losses, not with one of the greatest dynasties in college football history playing 80 miles to the East. Like I said, I understand the frustration and feel it myself. But that doesn't mean I have to make knee-jerk reaction level decisions. I'm going to root like hell for us to get at least 2 more and find ourselves in a 4th straight bowl for the first time in our history. Feels like some of you are not.

PMDawg
10-25-2013, 09:36 AM
One more thing. *******, you dolt, I only have $1 of vcash left thanks to your effortless relenting last night! Just one more reason to fire your ass!

HancockCountyDog
10-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Since we are all so big on stats, quick, someone tell me when was the last time we went to 4 straight bowl games? I'll be here waiting for a while, because the answer is never. So why don't we see if we can get to 6-6 before everyone slits their wrists?

For comparison, the only other coach to take us to 3 straight bowls was Jackie, and he only did it once. If we get to 6-6 this year, our current streak of bowls will account for 22% of the entirety of our bowl history. I'm not pleased with the trend the last 18 months, but the only way we can sustain long term success, and compete for titles, is to actually string together long runs of winning seasons, with some occasional "cycle" seasons thrown in. Until we get to that point, we can't expect to win 9 games every year. That's just delusional. And if we fire Dan after this year, guess what, we are now Ole Miss firing Cutcliff, which is something most of you STILL make fun of Ole Miss for.

Cutcliffe's SEC record was 25-23; Mullen's is 14-21 as of today; At best he ends the season with 16-24 SEC Record; if he goes 0fer, he is looking at a 14-26 SEC record in 5 years despite being handed the most talented recruiting class we have had in a long time, and team with multiple NFL players on it, as well as the bears imploding in 2010-2011.

Comparing Cutfliffe to Mullen is just silly. Cutcliffe was 4 points away from going 8-0 in the SEC.

DanDority
10-25-2013, 09:45 AM
Strcklin should be the one canned.

This in Spades!!!!!!!!

PMDawg
10-25-2013, 09:49 AM
6-6 with this schedule is > than 7-4 in any of Jackie's schedules. Keep in mind that Jackie won the West with 3 losses, not with one of the greatest dynasties in college football history playing 80 miles to the East. Like I said, I understand the frustration and feel it myself. But that doesn't mean I have to make knee-jerk reaction level decisions. I'm going to root like hell for us to get at least 2 more and find ourselves in a 4th straight bowl for the first time in our history. Feels like some of you are not.

I totally disagree on the schedules. Yes the top end is tougher now, but our bottom end has been a joke for all 3 of Mullen's bowl seasons. And this is not some knee jerk reaction. The writing has been on the wall since 6-6 in 2011. People are just finally starting to admit it to themselves. Other than a favorable schedule next year, what reason is there to think things are going to get better under Dan? And in the sec, if you're not one of the power 6, you're either getting better or getting worse.

It may not seem like it right now, but I really appreciate what CDM has done at MSU. I always will. But what I don't want to do is sit back and watch it all get flushed down the toilet, like it did with Jackie. The writing was on the wall back then too. I told my two best friends during the 2000 season that the wheels were about to come off. They thought I was crazy. We went 8-4, we were picked to win the west in 2001. I have to admit it happened way faster than I thought it would. If we sit and wait for Dan to change, it's going to happen again. We need to build off his foundation while we have the chance. I don't know if HUD is right, don't even know if I want him. But I know Mullen isn't right. It's been obvious for awhile if you can allow yourself to look objectively. I know that's very tough for any fan to do with their own team. That's why I still hold out the smallest hope that I'm dead wrong here.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
10-25-2013, 09:49 AM
Cutcliffe's SEC record was 25-23; Mullen's is 14-21 as of today; At best he ends the season with 16-24 SEC Record; if he goes 0fer, he is looking at a 14-26 SEC record in 5 years despite being handed the most talented recruiting class we have had in a long time, and team with multiple NFL players on it, as well as the bears imploding in 2010-2011.

Comparing Cutfliffe to Mullen is just silly. Cutcliffe was 4 points away from going 8-0 in the SEC.

You realize I can rationalize this in the exact opposite direction right? Cutcliff had 4 years of the best QB the State of MS has seen since Brett Favre. Cut coached in an SEC West with a down Bama team, a MSU team that was good when he started and then imploded, a pretty good LSU team that hired Saban after he got there because they were down, and average Auburn and Arky squads. While at Ole Miss, Cut had tons of NFL talent himself including bona fide first round talent in Eli and Duece. In the days when Cut was coaching, recruiting services were not running rampant, ranking the size and shape of every shit a recruit takes, and therefore its tough to really compare recruiting classes from then and now.

See how easy that was to rationalize away?

PMDawg
10-25-2013, 10:01 AM
You realize I can rationalize this in the exact opposite direction right? Cutcliff had 4 years of the best QB the State of MS has seen since Brett Favre. Cut coached in an SEC West with a down Bama team, a MSU team that was good when he started and then imploded, a pretty good LSU team that hired Saban after he got there because they were down, and average Auburn and Arky squads. While at Ole Miss, Cut had tons of NFL talent himself including bona fide first round talent in Eli and Duece. In the days when Cut was coaching, recruiting services were not running rampant, ranking the size and shape of every shit a recruit takes, and therefore its tough to really compare recruiting classes from then and now.

Cutcliffe actually beat some good teams. Mullen is 0'fer against ranked competition. Worse than that, we don't even look competitive in big games. But there are similarities and I see your point. However, the point can also be argued that the real issue was a bad hire after firing him. Either way, it doesn't matter. We are talking about Mullen, not Cut.

If we let Mullen go, I'll be very surprised if he takes another power conference job and does well with it. I think he could thrive in a non AQ conference though.

HancockCountyDog
10-25-2013, 10:01 AM

Well Cut signed Eli so he gets credit for that. He also signed about 20 other players that played in the NFL. He was a pretty good talent evaluator. Cut did less with more in his first year - that 99 bear team was loaded on offense - but he couldn't do shit. He kept trying to play UT football with a team that should have spread it out like tubby did.

Cut coached from 99-2004, I certainly wouldn't say the SEC was down during those years. He also played Texas Tech twice, and some other decent non conference games, but that isn't the point.

The point is the bears were stupid for firing a coach with a 25-23 SEC record. Just flat idiotic. If we fire a coach with a 14-26 SEC record I just don't see how we are being stupid. The previous coach was 10-30 in the SEC, so over 5 years Mullen has improved us less than 1 SEC win a year potentially? This is not a reason to be fired?

MadDawg
10-25-2013, 10:14 AM
Fire Spurrier!!!!

(ok someone had to do it)

poposay
10-25-2013, 10:14 AM
[QUOTE=NewTweederEndzoneDance;72672Cutcliff had 4 years of the best QB the State of MS has seen since Brett Favre.[/QUOTE]

Nope, that qb only started 3 years. There was a guy there his freshman and rs sophomore years that started over him.

MadDawg
10-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Mullen is 0'fer against ranked competition.

Are you still drunk this morning?

Have I mentioned our fans suck?

PMDawg
10-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Are you still drunk this morning?

Have I mentioned our fans suck?

I'm grown, I don't get drunk. Let me rephrase, Mullen sucks against good teams.

Yes, when people disagree, the easiest thing to do is insult the people disagreeing with you and walk away, but it doesn't really mean anything. I couldn't care less who you think sucks, Internet tough guy. Have I mentioned people that use mass generalizations to insult people suck? I bet you don't care either.

I seen it dawg
10-25-2013, 09:50 PM
You actually did it numerous times during our drunken tirades watching last year's Egg Bowl

Oh yeah

Jack Lambert
10-25-2013, 10:01 PM
South Carolina is 5-2, ranked 21, and not worried a damn bit about their game vs MSU

I really hope you are correct.

Tbonewannabe
10-25-2013, 10:20 PM

Under the current setup Jackie would have 4 straight bowls.

Mullen under Jackie's era would be about to miss a bowl again. Mullen would have 2 bowls in 5 years.

HoopsDawg
10-25-2013, 10:39 PM
Under the current setup Jackie would have 4 straight bowls.

Mullen under Jackie's era would be about to miss a bowl again. Mullen would have 2 bowls in 5 years.

It's so laughable posters like Tweeder and Goat keep bringing this up. In today's CFB, more teams play in a bowl than don't. There used to be like 15 bowls. Now there are 35. There was a team with a losing record play in a bowl 2 years ago, UCLA. We play 12 games now, not 10, not 11, but 12. If we miss a bowl this year, that will only be 3 bowls in 5. And the 3 years we went to a bowl were due in part to a 12-0 record against HORRIBLE non-conference competition. The 2 years we missed were due to playing a non-conference team with a pulse like Georgia Tech and Ok. State. It's just a horrible argument. We can go 2-6 in conference and go to a bowl, Yippee.

Todd4State
10-26-2013, 01:16 AM
The difference between firing Cutcliffe and firing Dan is Ole Miss thought they were going to replace Cut with Dennis Erickson. We're going for a Sun Belt coach with MSU ties.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
10-26-2013, 11:11 AM
It's so laughable posters like Tweeder and Goat keep bringing this up. In today's CFB, more teams play in a bowl than don't. There used to be like 15 bowls. Now there are 35. There was a team with a losing record play in a bowl 2 years ago, UCLA. We play 12 games now, not 10, not 11, but 12. If we miss a bowl this year, that will only be 3 bowls in 5. And the 3 years we went to a bowl were due in part to a 12-0 record against HORRIBLE non-conference competition. The 2 years we missed were due to playing a non-conference team with a pulse like Georgia Tech and Ok. State. It's just a horrible argument. We can go 2-6 in conference and go to a bowl, Yippee.

So going to a bowl game is a bad thing? Some of you are just ridiculous. Everyone's argument is predicated on missing a bowl this year. If we make one, I don't care what rationalizations you want to use, the FACTS state that we will have our first ever 4 bowl game streak. And if he takes us to 4 straight bowl games he definitely deserves to remain the coach.

HoopsDawg
10-26-2013, 11:17 AM
So going to a bowl game is a bad thing? Some of you are just ridiculous. Everyone's argument is predicated on missing a bowl this year. If we make one, I don't care what rationalizations you want to use, the FACTS state that we will have our first ever 4 bowl game streak. And if he takes us to 4 straight bowl games he definitely deserves to remain the coach.

Yes, that's exactly what I said. Going to a bowl is a bad thing.

Obviously, if we go to a bowl, Mullen won't be fired.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
10-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Yes, that's exactly what I said. Going to a bowl is a bad thing.

Obviously, if we go to a bowl, Mullen won't be fired.

So then what are you arguing with me about? We agree that bowls are good, yet you tell me that I'm ridiculous for talking about a streak of bowl games. Since we both agree that going to a bowl absolutely means Mullen will not be fired, are you rooting for us to win at least 2 more games like I am, or would you prefer to see us fail? Because it feels like some people making these arguments would prefer we fail so they have more support for firing the coach.