PDA

View Full Version : Evidently this is the 4th year for Stevens in the Moorhead offense

Coach007
08-05-2019, 04:30 PM
Per him at interviews today.

We should be getting some twitter stuff out soon.

Homedawg
08-05-2019, 04:48 PM
2 with Joe and last year, plus this year. They ran the same offense last year even though JM left

Coach007
08-05-2019, 05:02 PM
2 with Joe and last year, plus this year. They ran the same offense last year even though JM left

I' don't know. It's just what he stated

DancingRabbit
08-05-2019, 05:09 PM
As Home said, they kept Joe's playbook. So yes, this is his 3rd year with Joe and 4th year in his offense.

DancingRabbit
08-05-2019, 05:14 PM
Short KT clip

BeastMan
08-05-2019, 05:26 PM
KT saying all the right things. Even if being the starter at MSU doesn’t work out, I hope life works out well for that kid

Coach007
08-05-2019, 05:43 PM
I hope he sticks and has a great career. I 100% believe, no matter which is QB, we will see a ton from the other

TrapGame
08-05-2019, 06:11 PM
Rosebowl said some good things about Tommy on the radio this afternoon. He said his arm is as advertised. Everybody is liking what they're seeing so far.

BeardoMSU
08-05-2019, 06:27 PM
KT saying all the right things. Even if being the starter at MSU doesn’t work out, I hope life works out well for that kid

Agreed.

Coach007
08-05-2019, 07:36 PM
I like the comment on the WRs.. "great group!"

BuckyIsAB****
08-05-2019, 08:23 PM
Rosebowl said some good things about Tommy on the radio this afternoon. He said his arm is as advertised. Everybody is liking what they're seeing so far.

He has been legit so far. I know a parent of a current commit and he said Moorhead was raving about him at the cookout

Dawg61
08-05-2019, 09:15 PM
I hope KT wins the heisman and a natty. 007 might stop making these threads then.

Coach007
08-05-2019, 09:37 PM
I hope KT wins the heisman and a natty. 007 might stop making these threads then.

Get over yourself. Everybody is happy in this thread and in walks you. You may suck on a lemon daily and drink green persimmons before every key stroke, but some people just want to enjoy the process and the up coming season.

Maroonthirteen
08-05-2019, 10:02 PM
In all my years of following State football, this guy may be the most articulate State player I have ever heard in an interview.

Hypnodawg
08-05-2019, 10:05 PM
That's just crazy talk saying they kept the same offense. Clearly you can't keep the same offense with a senior quarterback.

Dawg61
08-05-2019, 10:08 PM
Get over yourself. Everybody is happy in this thread and in walks you. You may suck on a lemon daily and drink green persimmons before every key stroke, but some people just want to enjoy the process and the up coming season.

I'm plenty happy. Just calling you out on your unwarranted dislike towards KT and the constant threads you start hyping Stevens to be the starter. We get it already.

Lord McBuckethead
08-05-2019, 11:10 PM
Look this is a great situation for MSU. KT has a redshirt year. Let him use it. He should have used it last year iMO. Either way, whomever wins the starting job, it is only going to make our team better.

I hope Tommy comes in and breaks every single season record we have passing the ball. If KT gets the nod, I hope he wins the heisman. We need bonified baller QBs. I don't care how we do it. I want the #1 QB production in the nation, every year.

RougeDawg
08-05-2019, 11:20 PM

Gonna be hard to win a heisman when you aren?t eligible to play a portion of the season. Have you been under a rock?

RougeDawg
08-05-2019, 11:23 PM
Look this is a great situation for MSU. KT has a redshirt year. Let him use it. He should have used it last year iMO. Either way, whomever wins the starting job, it is only going to make our team better.

I hope Tommy comes in and breaks every single season record we have passing the ball. If KT gets the nod, I hope he wins the heisman. We need bonified baller QBs. I don't care how we do it. I want the #1 QB production in the nation, every year.

Pleas explain how a QB will even remotely get the starting nod, if they are not eligible to participate in said athletic event? If you know something about circumventing eligibility, please enlighten the board. Think Nicky Spoon.

Seriously, are some of your heads so far in the sand, pulling them out is impossible? Serious question.

Coach007
08-05-2019, 11:36 PM
Pleas explain how a QB will even remotely get the starting nod, if they are not eligible to participate in said athletic event? If you know something about circumventing eligibility, please enlighten the board. Think Nicky Spoon.

Seriously, are some of your heads so far in the sand, pulling them out is impossible? Serious question.

Spit it out

Todd4State
08-06-2019, 01:46 AM

KT is manning up and I bet he uses Stevens coming in positively and he will be a beast for us at QB in 2020 and maybe 2021. Really, this situation is the best for all involved. And so much for KT just transferring out just because we got a transfer at QB.

Absolutely 100% agree. We have some fans that think that people should just start because they waited their turn. That's not the right way to do things at this level. We need the best players on the field regardless of classification, whether they transferred in, or whatever. It makes everyone and the team better. And that's how you go from 8-9 wins a year to 10+.

In all my years of following State football, this guy may be the most articulate State player I have ever heard in an interview.

Stevens is really impressive in that interview. I like cerebral QB's- I think they tend to do better in the more complex offenses that we see now all across football. I think just having a really good athlete playing QB really in the end limits you more times than not unless they are like Dak Prescott who I would say is pretty cerebral and has a work ethic that is off the charts.

Todd4State
08-06-2019, 01:48 AM
Spit it out

Everyone has heard the rumors that KT and Willie Gay will be suspended the first game or two. And we're all assuming Jace Christmann as well for his DUI.

The reality is we'll see how Joe handles it in the first game or two. But it has been hinted at multiple times by different posters.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
08-06-2019, 02:07 AM
That's just crazy talk saying they kept the same offense. Clearly you can't keep the same offense with a senior quarterback.

^^^^I see what you did there and like it.

MarketingBully
08-06-2019, 03:48 AM

IYOK already said KTs and Nick?s situations are different for what it?s worth....

RiverCityDawg
08-06-2019, 05:51 AM

They didn't have a head coaching change and they promoted their OC from within. Did you forget our head coach left us? Did you prefer we name Hevesy or Gonzalez head coach so we could keep running the same offense?? Apples and oranges situation.

RocketCityDawg
08-06-2019, 08:50 AM

If Mullen had been hired at Penn St. last year, do you think he would have kept the Moorhead offense?

thf24
08-06-2019, 09:31 AM
If Mullen had been hired at Penn St. last year, do you think he would have kept the Moorhead offense?

He should have run Croom's offense in '09 too***

yjnkdawg
08-06-2019, 09:31 AM
I agree with Steve on the wanting all our quarterbacks to reach their full potential , and the best quarterback winning the starting quarterback role no matter who that may be. I will support which quarterback that JoeMo decides to be our starting quarterback. Quarterback competition, and not quarterback controversy (even with our fan base) is the best for our football program.

yjnkdawg
08-06-2019, 09:35 AM

DM wouldn't have a clue how to run the JoeMo offense and the answer is no. Also if they hired DM. then they would be wanting a different offensive philosophy. Similar to the reason, I believe that we hired JoeMo, because maybe we wanted a more wide open, explosive offense than DM had.

PMDawg
08-06-2019, 10:31 AM
Gonna be hard to win a heisman when you aren?t eligible to play a portion of the season. Have you been under a rock?

LOL - This is literally ALL you've posted since December. You are so proud of yourself that you may have heard some inside information for once. Look we get it. Do you want a cookie or something? A pat on the back? Move on dude.

Maroonthirteen
08-06-2019, 11:31 AM
DM wouldn't have a clue how to run the JoeMo offense and the answer is no. Also if they hired DM. then they would be wanting a different offensive philosophy. Similar to the reason, I believe that we hired JoeMo, because maybe we wanted a more wide open, explosive offense than DM had.

I?m not sure anyone, including players, have a clue how to run the JoMo offense.

I hope I?m proven wrong this year.

BB30
08-06-2019, 02:15 PM

Thirsty?