PDA

View Full Version : Georgia LB in the Tansfer Portal

Matt3467
08-05-2019, 03:10 PM
Brenton Cox, former 5 star. Any chance we go after or no? I've heard others say we're needing another backer.

KOdawg1
08-05-2019, 03:15 PM
Might as well since we won't be needing the scholarship on the grad transfer punter we thought we were gonna get.

BrunswickDawg
08-05-2019, 03:19 PM
Brenton Cox, former 5 star. Any chance we go after or no? I've heard others say we're needing another backer.

Considering he was arrested for possession in April, and my UGA friends are saying he's been booted for drugs, "entering the transfer portal" is really his only option.

Hambone
08-05-2019, 03:50 PM
Yea we need a hard pass on him. He’s been trouble every he’s been.

dantheman4248
08-05-2019, 07:11 PM
Might as well since we won't be needing the scholarship on the grad transfer punter we thought we were gonna get.

What a joke that was. Dude was injured and only played in two games the season they are denying.

These guys just made a rule about 4 games giving you a redshirt ������

Ifyouonlyknew
08-05-2019, 08:48 PM

Cole Smith would take that scholarship.

TUSK
08-05-2019, 10:30 PM
y'all shoulda snapped up Anoma....

Dude's legit... He's a head case & a Pre Madonna, though...

Lord McBuckethead
08-05-2019, 10:55 PM
If the coaching staff wants him, and can put him on a tight leash, why not. Cole Smith could probably use a scholly though.

msbulldog
08-06-2019, 06:19 AM
Cox has a bad attitude, told his coach to 17 off when he called him to ask why he was late.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-06-2019, 08:28 AM
If the coaching staff wants him, and can put him on a tight leash, why not. Cole Smith could probably use a scholly though.

This is what I would do. Hell we got to take some chances since we can't compete with Georgia and ALabama for 5* players head to head. We have to get them any way we can get them. Even if it is a 20% chance he works out, we have to take that chance IMO

Barkman Turner Overdrive
08-06-2019, 08:32 AM
Considering he was arrested for possession in April, and my UGA friends are saying he's been booted for drugs, "entering the transfer portal" is really his only option.

So you are saying he is Ole Miss bound?

BrunswickDawg
08-06-2019, 08:36 AM

"I'd have to say, yeah...."

Jack Lambert
08-06-2019, 09:14 AM
He is going to play somewhere and chance are he will play against us.

I will say this I don't believe anything I hear about a guy. If I wasn't a State fan and didn't know the truth, all I would have known about Simmons is he beat the shit out of a girl ans stay away from him. There is always more to the story and usually someone has butt hurt and the full truth doesn't get out.

yjnkdawg
08-06-2019, 09:18 AM

Back when OM was riding high on recruting, I would say it would pretty much have been a guarantee that they would have pursued him. Like I had said in the past, I think something happened prior to the COI Hearing or possibly while it was going on, but more likely prior too. The NCAA investigators had enough evidence that they could have really burned the OM football program, and made them an example for other college football programs to look at. OM had what was known as the best law firm in the country to deal with NCAA issues that they faced , and the other lawyers (sfaff, boosters, etc) they have at their disposal ain't too shabby either. I would say that "The Network" is smart, as they don't want to bring the NCAA's attention back to their campus, and wouldn't touch him with a 20 foot pole. Now, if this changes and they do pursue him, then I may change that "smart" comment.

Bothrops
08-06-2019, 02:00 PM
Who cares what this dumb ass does.

Pipedream
08-06-2019, 02:33 PM
Some folks in this thread crack me up. The pearl clutching over a guy smoking weed is pretty mind blowing. Some of y'all would shit your pants if you knew what the character concerns were for guys we've gotten to play football at State. It's a college football team, not a church league. I want my DL to be borderline crazy. They have to be to do the kind of stuff they do 11 months out of the year. Go look at the DL of some of the best defenses we've ever had-you think those were choir boys? If the guy can play I'd be giving him a call. If we were concerned about character concerns, we wouldn't be taking 8 JC guys this year. Behavior outside the facility is manageable, ability is a scarce resource.

msstate7
08-06-2019, 02:45 PM
Some folks in this thread crack me up. The pearl clutching over a guy smoking weed is pretty mind blowing. Some of y'all would shit your pants if you knew what the character concerns were for guys we've gotten to play football at State. It's a college football team, not a church league. I want my DL to be borderline crazy. They have to be to do the kind of stuff they do 11 months out of the year. Go look at the DL of some of the best defenses we've ever had-you think those were choir boys? If the guy can play I'd be giving him a call. If we were concerned about character concerns, we wouldn't be taking 8 JC guys this year. Behavior outside the facility is manageable, ability is a scarce resource.

And besides, if he's a problem, cut em. We can't get a guy like him straight out HS, but we can take a chance when one presents itself

BrunswickDawg
08-06-2019, 03:15 PM

What I am hearing from my UGA folks is that he has major locker room issues and this was a final straw situation. I don't think most people care about the weed. It's more about things like his sideline fight with DAndre Walker last year that have caused problems.

msbulldog
08-07-2019, 06:08 AM

Kinda like Quay Evans, huh?

Jarius
08-07-2019, 06:17 AM
Kinda like Quay Evans, huh?

Kind of like Jeff Simmons, Chauncey Rivers, Montez Sweat, and Jon Abram last year. Sure am glad we gave those guy a second chance.

RiverCityDawg
08-07-2019, 06:23 AM
Kind of like Jeff Simmons, Chauncey Rivers, Montez Sweat, and Jon Abram last year. Sure am glad we gave those guy a second chance.

Those guys weren't locker room problems in their previous stops. There's a difference between someone making a mistake or not taking care of their business and someone that causes so many problems that it's better for him to not be around at all. By all accounts this guy is a problem.

Jarius
08-07-2019, 06:50 AM
Those guys weren't locker room problems in their previous stops. There's a difference between someone making a mistake or not taking care of their business and someone that causes so many problems that it's better for him to not be around at all. By all accounts this guy is a problem.

And like someone else said, by all accounts, Mississippi State was being awful by giving Jeff Simmons a second chance. The guy may be a terrible person, or maybe the media is doing what the media does. I hope Joe finds out for himself and not from the tabloids who report what they want to report and not the facts half the time. We have a commit from a juco guy right now that was kicked off of his team in part because he was fighting his teammates and no one is up in arms about that.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-state-seminoles/os-sp-fsu-tre-lawson-20180816-story.html

dantheman4248
08-07-2019, 09:34 AM
And like someone else said, by all accounts, Mississippi State was being awful by giving Jeff Simmons a second chance. The guy may be a terrible person, or maybe the media is doing what the media does. I hope Joe finds out for himself and not from the tabloids who report what they want to report and not the facts half the time. We have a commit from a juco guy right now that was kicked off of his team in part because he was fighting his teammates and no one is up in arms about that.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-state-seminoles/os-sp-fsu-tre-lawson-20180816-story.html

“Terrible Person” =/= Locker Room Cancer.

Also Willie Taggart ain’t the best coach to listen to. He’s basically “cleaning up FSU” a la Sly Croom. Kid getting in a fight during practice is not worth kicking him off the team. That’s a positive in my book. A kid telling a coach to “**** off” when being called about being late for practice is a negative.

I agree coaches should do their own digging; however, from all accounts this player seems like a locker room cancer more than someone with a nasty streak.

Jarius
08-07-2019, 09:42 AM
“Terrible Person” =/= Locker Room Cancer.

Also Willie Taggart ain’t the best coach to listen to. He’s basically “cleaning up FSU” a la Sly Croom. Kid getting in a fight during practice is not worth kicking him off the team. That’s a positive in my book. A kid telling a coach to “**** off” when being called about being late for practice is a negative.

I agree coaches should do their own digging; however, from all accounts this player seems like a locker room cancer more than someone with a nasty streak.

Do we even know any of that is actually true or is it the Georgia version of Yancy telling people that to justify kicking the guy off the team?

RiverCityDawg
08-07-2019, 09:56 AM

Agree about Joe doing his own due diligence, which is what Stricklin, Keenum and Dan did within Jeffrey and found out it was an isolated incident. Our commitment in JUCO is paying his dues right now and has to keep his nose clean. If this UGA guy goes to JUCO and does well off the field and the due diligence checks out I would be fine with bringing him in. I just don't think we should bring someone in with known issues just because they're a 5 star. I'm not for blanket second chances, there has to be reasonable belief that the actions won't repeat.

StateDawg44
08-09-2019, 01:12 PM
He is now at Florida.

msstate7
08-09-2019, 01:46 PM
He is now at Florida.

Smart move by Mullen