PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about the ULL game in NOLA

Todd4State
08-04-2019, 11:19 PM
Apparently it's Decadence that weekend. If you want to know that is- look it up at home and not at work just to be safe. I don't know what will pop up- probably nothing but let's err on the side of caution here. So- there are things going on as they are every weekend in NOLA.

But I do hope that MSU goes all out with this. I think it would be cool if we turned this into a mini bowl game of sorts. It would be cool if the Famous Maroon Band paraded down Bourbon St. and Canal St. to the Superdome. Not sure if it's too late to do this but NOLA seems to know what to do when there is a parade in town. So, maybe it can be done on short notice. Throw the cheerleaders and Bully in the parade too along with a second line band.

I hope MSU has some kind of a pep rally the night before or the day of the game (I know- 11:00 game) in Champions Square.

I'm assuming that we're the "road" team since it's in Louisiana and this is basically the return game for last year- I could be wrong. But I hope that both schools get to do their pre-game show.

I've been to the New Orleans Bowl when ULL went. They're the second largest school in South Louisiana- behind LSU of course. So for those who like me have seen us play Tulane in the Dome and expect us to have an overwhelming advantage- I expect it to be based on what I saw in the bowl with ULL to be I'd guess 60/40 MSU. There are a lot of ULL fans and alumni in NOLA. I'd say they probably have as many fans as USM at least. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this game is close to a "sellout" meaning they sell the seats that they have available for sale at least.

I think it will be a pretty fun game and I'm glad that we are doing this! It essentially gives us an 8th home game. And of course I'm looking forward to see how the new players look especially Tommy Stevens. And I'm interested to see how the players have hopefully improved. One of the things I really enjoy about MSU football is seeing the development of our players over the years. There are some like Jeffrey Simmons that only need a little polish- but then there are some like Dak Prescott who we get to see grow into a NFL player.

TheLostDawg
08-05-2019, 05:34 AM
I ordered tickets on the premium level and they bumped me down a grade because there were so many tickets sold ahead of me. It's going to be a lot of Dawgs there.

Bothrops
08-05-2019, 05:01 PM
Is that one of the major freak parades?

RocketDawg
08-05-2019, 06:06 PM
Is that one of the major freak parades?

Yeah, pretty much. It's a gay gathering.

jacksondawg
08-05-2019, 06:39 PM
Someone in the either schools athletic department didn’t do their research before planning this game

RocketDawg
08-05-2019, 06:48 PM
Someone in the either schools athletic department didn’t do their research before planning this game

Since there's just about always strange goings on in New Orleans, it's hard to schedule around them. **

Scared_Hitless
08-05-2019, 07:16 PM
I ordered tickets on the premium level and they bumped me down a grade because there were so many tickets sold ahead of me. It's going to be a lot of Dawgs there.

Same here I ordered pretty quickly I bet we bring close to 25k or so

Jarius
08-06-2019, 01:32 AM
Yeah, pretty much. It's a gay gathering.

Better be careful. Wouldn't want anyone to catch the gay **

justwin
08-06-2019, 05:27 PM
I am hoping Key & Whop go off in their homecoming. With their crew in the stands too. I keep thinking back to the first play of the Joe Moorhead era went for 6 with key to kylin. probably the best start to a MSU football play I've ever seen.

In terms of the actual game, I hope Kylin gets 10+ touches in the 1Q and I hope we throw the ball to Guidry 2 out of first 4 plays. He'll probably drop the first one, but go back to him at least one more time.

bobtail bob
08-06-2019, 11:51 PM
I want to go but I'm not buying a ticket if the first two rings are filled up. No way am i sitting up in the 600's. You will have to pay to park in the dome parking lot. It used to be twenty bucks but I haven't parked there in several years. I just get family to drop me off and come back to pick me up when I go to the dome now.

Jarius
08-07-2019, 01:42 AM
I want to go but I'm not buying a ticket if the first two rings are filled up. No way am i sitting up in the 600's. You will have to pay to park in the dome parking lot. It used to be twenty bucks but I haven't parked there in several years. I just get family to drop me off and come back to pick me up when I go to the dome now.

There are hundreds of tickets on stubhub in the lower levels and by game day you will be able to buy an electronic ticket in those sections for 10 bucks. Please don't let tickets hinder you from going. Hell I will give you a free one on game day if that is all that is holding you back. We need all the dogs in there we can get!

StarkVegasSteve
08-08-2019, 02:10 PM

The 600s aren't open for this game. They'll tarp them off