PDA

View Full Version : Not a fan Neal...

Tripp McNeely
08-02-2019, 04:06 PM
Was on a Memphis sports talk afternoon show today, and he said that he?s the bears floor is 2-10, and their ceiling is 6-6...is it possible that he?s really not a fan? What kinda god-fearing, mock turtleneck/vest wearing, bear fan talks like that???

Political Hack
08-02-2019, 04:13 PM
Lou Holtz approach. "We're terrible. Awful."

"We won 6 games. It's a miracle!"

DancingRabbit
08-02-2019, 04:46 PM
Was on a Memphis sports talk afternoon show today, and he said that he?s the bears floor is 2-10, and their ceiling is 6-6...is it possible that he?s really not a fan? What kinda god-fearing, mock turtleneck/vest wearing, bear fan talks like that???

Pretty sure he said 7-5 was the ceiling, which meant they had stolen one from State or Auburn.

ShotgunDawg
08-02-2019, 05:27 PM
Neal is right.

I chuckle every morning when Bo Bounds says he's thinking 5-7 wins for OM & 7 for MSU.

He's slowly talking himself into taking two completely different level rosters & saying they'll win the same amount of games, which is absurd. The two team aren't close

TrapGame
08-02-2019, 07:12 PM
Neal is right.

I chuckle every morning when Bo Bounds says he's thinking 5-7 wins for OM & 7 for MSU.

He's slowly talking himself into taking two completely different level rosters & saying they'll win the same amount of games, which is absurd. The two team aren't close

He's drinking that Bartoo kool aid like it's Four Roses.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-02-2019, 08:48 PM
One problem with Ole Miss is that they have Memphis and California on the schedule. They could certainly win both. But they could easily lose both. Those game are toss-ups. To win 6 or 7 in the SEC, you really need to go 4-0 non-conference.

BuckyIsAB****
08-02-2019, 08:48 PM
Neal is right.

I have gotten tired of listening to it as well. He knows what he is doing but the ''yall lifestyle'' madison county yacht club im better than you act is getting stale.

Liverpooldawg
08-02-2019, 09:20 PM

He ain't as dumb as I thought he was.

gravedigger
08-02-2019, 09:59 PM

Oh, he predicts a poor team to be poor. Not exactly a hot take.

DownwardDawg
08-02-2019, 10:14 PM

Man, Four Roses Single Barrel. Great stuff!!!

DancingRabbit
08-02-2019, 10:26 PM
That game is really gonna suck for the loser.

sandwolf
08-03-2019, 05:05 AM
Neal is right.

I really don't think he believes what he is saying. I think it's just better for business if OM fans maintain some level of hope for their season and don't completely check out.

Jarius
08-03-2019, 06:03 AM

I think Bo undersells State preseason and oversells Ole Miss every preseason just to be able to say OM underachieved and State overachieved. When Luke goes 4-8 or 5-7 he will rail on him about needing to get fired and losing to teams that he shouldn't although really that is where their talent level currently resides. If State goes 8-4 or 9-3 he can say "look at Moorhead overachieving!" when in actuality he just beat the teams he should have. He also likes to rock the boat with both fan bases and he needs content. He predicted State to go 7-5 last year. I mean we are all mad as hell about 8-4. There was zero chance of going 7-5 last year. 8-4 was the floor and we hit it. He's a troll.

ShotgunDawg
08-03-2019, 07:22 AM
I think Bo undersells State preseason and oversells Ole Miss every preseason just to be able to say OM underachieved and State overachieved. When Luke goes 4-8 or 5-7 he will rail on him about needing to get fired and losing to teams that he shouldn't although really that is where their talent level currently resides. If State goes 8-4 or 9-3 he can say "look at Moorhead overachieving!" when in actuality he just beat the teams he should have. He also likes to rock the both with both fan bases and he needs content. He predicted State to go 7-5 last year. I mean we are all mad as hell about 8-4. There was zero chance of going 7-5 last year. 8-4 was the floor and we hit it. He's a troll.

I think this is correct because his intern Blake is a diehard, optimistic MSU fan and one day his outlook went from optimistic to completely like Bo's. It's like Bo had a meeting with him to explain how to make money or something

Leroy Jenkins
08-04-2019, 11:22 AM
I think Bo undersells State preseason and oversells Ole Miss every preseason just to be able to say OM underachieved and State overachieved. When Luke goes 4-8 or 5-7 he will rail on him about needing to get fired and losing to teams that he shouldn't although really that is where their talent level currently resides. If State goes 8-4 or 9-3 he can say "look at Moorhead overachieving!" when in actuality he just beat the teams he should have. He also likes to rock the boat with both fan bases and he needs content. He predicted State to go 7-5 last year. I mean we are all mad as hell about 8-4. There was zero chance of going 7-5 last year. 8-4 was the floor and we hit it. He's a troll.

I don't think he is smart enough for the "under-promise, over-deliver" approach.