PDA

View Full Version : Does Dak getting the largest contract in NFL history give MSU some major pub?

DancingRabbit
08-02-2019, 01:15 AM
Gotta think it will happen soon. I'm expecting something like 6 years at $32M. $85M-ish guaranteed.

$150M over 5 years (Matt Ryan) is the current largest contract.

Even if it's a 5-year contract, Dak's deal will eclipse Ryan's - but Jerry will probably make it 6 years.

viverlibre
08-02-2019, 06:21 AM
yes, but he will have to win a SB to shut up all the haters.

DownwardDawg
08-02-2019, 08:37 AM
yes, but he will have to win a SB to shut up all the haters.

It still won’t shut up the haters. He’s the QB of the Dallas Cowboys. People are gonna hate him regardless.

BeardoMSU
08-02-2019, 08:41 AM
I doubt they win the SB, but I do expect him to have a big year statistically. Having Cooper for a full year and adding Cobb is going to be huge.

Cowbell
08-02-2019, 11:15 AM
I doubt they win the SB, but I do expect him to have a big year statistically. Having Cooper for a full year and adding Cobb is going to be huge.

Leaving an hour from Dallas and following this team close, I 100% agree with this take. And I agree that haters gonna hate.

Lord McBuckethead
08-02-2019, 12:35 PM
Bringing in Cobb is going to benefit both Cooper and Dak the same amount Cooper helped Dak last year. If Cobb can stay healthy.
I still say, Cobb is one of my favorite players out of the SEC during my lifetime.

Antonio Brown's Foot
08-03-2019, 01:55 PM
According to 105.3 here in Dallas, having Kellen Moore as Dak's offensive coordinator will help him open up the offense. Scott Linehan kept a tight rein on Dak, and didn't try anything creative with him.

Now that Dak's a four year veteran, I think he can start picking up the offense better. With Amari Cooper and Reggie Cobb, he definitely has no excuses now.

MaroonFlounder
08-03-2019, 02:44 PM
It still won’t shut up the haters. He’s the QB of the Dallas Cowboys. People are gonna hate him regardless.

Did Romo get trashed as bad as Dak has been? He was a stat machine but didn't win shit in postseason.

Dak at least led his team to what should have been a winning TD in Green Bay for divisional playoff game, but Aaron Rodgers and Jared Cook made a great play for FG position.

ShotgunDawg
08-03-2019, 02:55 PM
No, Dak getting a huge contract won't really get us more pub but it may help bowl in the South Endzone is 5 years

Although, due to getting a $20 mil bump in 2023, I'm not sure why we'd need to hit up anyone for money.

NWADAWG
08-03-2019, 03:03 PM
Gotta think it will happen soon. I'm expecting something like 6 years at $32M. $85M-ish guaranteed.

$150M over 5 years (Matt Ryan) is the current largest contract.

Even if it's a 5-year contract, Dak's deal will eclipse Ryan's - but Jerry will probably make it 6 years.

Isn't Fletcher the highest paid DT right now. Slay will likely be one of the highest paid safeties. Now Dak about to be highest paid QB. Who else is at top pay per position? Kids gotta realize the big picture.... make less in college, make more for rest of your life. HailState.

DownwardDawg
08-03-2019, 03:04 PM
Did Romo get trashed as bad as Dak has been? He was a stat machine but didn't win shit in postseason.

Dak at least led his team to what should have been a winning TD in Green Bay for divisional playoff game, but Aaron Rodgers and Jared Cook made a great play for FG position.

OMG yes. Romo was the worst QB to ever step on the field in the NFL according to many. He had pics of someone in the head office. That’s the only reason he was the starter!!! *** Then there were some that had Romo and Brady as the 1a and 1b as far as greatest of all time. That’s how it goes as the Dallas QB.

msstate7
08-03-2019, 03:09 PM
OMG yes. Romo was the worst QB to ever step on the field in the NFL according to many. He had pics of someone in the head office. That’s the only reason he was the starter!!! *** Then there were some that had Romo and Brady as the 1a and 1b as far as greatest of all time. That’s how it goes as the Dallas QB.

State fans have never had a qb in the nfl to follow, so they think dak is criticized much more than others. ALL NFL QBs are criticized. Hell, read a saints' board on any given Sunday... one bad pass, and half the board says drew needs to retire. If the great drew brees gets criticism from a small nfl fanbase, dak certainly will from one of the biggest nfl fanbases. Just the way it is

BigDawg81
08-03-2019, 09:14 PM
That's it!!! Dak gets trashed because who he plays for.

DownwardDawg
08-03-2019, 09:23 PM
State fans have never had a qb in the nfl to follow, so they think dak is criticized much more than others. ALL NFL QBs are criticized. Hell, read a saints' board on any given Sunday... one bad pass, and half the board says drew needs to retire. If the great drew brees gets criticism from a small nfl fanbase, dak certainly will from one of the biggest nfl fanbases. Just the way it is

Nothing to do at all with State. I used to workout at lunch and watch sports. ESPN or Collen Cowerherd. Way before Dak players at State. It was amazing how much Romo got totally dogged out. And tons of talk about how Dallas QB always gets dogged.

Cowbell
08-03-2019, 09:41 PM

The local Dallas fan base does not appreciate Dak at all though. If you lived here, it would surprise you. They won?t even give him credit when he makes the game-saving drives and the bizarre plays he pulls. They have no realization of his leadership presence. Many are still mad at him over the Romo deal. I expect it from message boarders and talk show guys but to me, he is really underestimated. I honestly get tired of listening to it even from the fans I go to church with.

Dawg61
08-03-2019, 11:05 PM
Share some of that stuff you smoking if you think Dak is gonna become the highest paid player ever.

Dawgowar
08-03-2019, 11:25 PM

Goes with being the QB of Dallas...the media conventiiantly forgets, particularly in Dallas, that they eviscerated Romo in his early years. Now they act like he is Staubach with two rings and Dak is doomed to journeyman status forever. If he does good it is Armari and Zeke, if bad, it's because he sucks. I mean Joe Montana had massive talent around him. So did every other great QB. If Dak had played like the Rams QB in the Super Bowl they would have run him out of town.

It gets old. Hope Zak lays a big shitburger on a warm bun for his detractors. F Them.

DancingRabbit
08-03-2019, 11:32 PM
Share some of that stuff you smoking if you think Dak is gonna become the highest paid player ever.

Drunk or poor reading comprehension?

I said he's going to sign the largest contract, not become the highest paid player.

Dawg61
08-03-2019, 11:46 PM
Drunk or poor reading comprehension?

I said he's going to sign the largest contract, not become the highest paid player.

Share the good stuff bruh

BiscuitEater
08-04-2019, 04:24 PM
That's it!!! Dak gets trashed because who he plays for.

Large group of NFL fans meet each weekend in Las Vegas to watch the cowboys play. They pull for the team that's playing the cowboys!!

That's some serious and dedicated cowboy 'hate!'

msstate7
08-04-2019, 04:31 PM
How bad do dak and other young QBs hate Tom Brady? Brady just signed 2-year deal @ 23 million per

BeardoMSU
08-04-2019, 04:39 PM
How bad do dak and other young QBs hate Tom Brady? Brady just signed 2-year deal @ 23 million per

It's funny. Dak will get between $30 and $33 mil a year, I bet. The question with his contract will be number of years and money guaranteed. If the Cowboys don't hurry up and get Dak's deal done, Goff will sign his extension....then they'll have to pay Dak even more.

DancingRabbit
08-04-2019, 04:51 PM

The media is all over the place in how they have reported the extension.

The future Hall of Fame quarterback agreed to terms on a two-year, $70 million contract extension with New England on Sunday, a source told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. The deal raises Brady's 2019 salary from $15 million to $23 million. Brady is then scheduled to make $30 million in 2020 and $32 million in 2021, though both Brady and New England are "amenable" to adjusting the numbers if necessary, Rapoport added.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001038951/article/tom-brady-agrees-to-contract-extension-with-patriots

Dallas_Dawg
08-04-2019, 10:18 PM
The local Dallas fan base does not appreciate Dak at all though. If you lived here, it would surprise you. They won?t even give him credit when he makes the game-saving drives and the bizarre plays he pulls. They have no realization of his leadership presence. Many are still mad at him over the Romo deal. I expect it from message boarders and talk show guys but to me, he is really underestimated. I honestly get tired of listening to it even from the fans I go to church with.

I have had similar experiences

SmokeyDawg
08-05-2019, 12:54 AM
Isn't Fletcher the highest paid DT right now. Slay will likely be one of the highest paid safeties. Now Dak about to be highest paid QB. Who else is at top pay per position? Kids gotta realize the big picture.... make less in college, make more for rest of your life. HailState.

Gabe Jackson has to be up there too. I think his was 1st or 2nd when he signed his last deal.